AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-31, 08:32   Link #18121
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
I do not think that Kallen's character development up until that point would "allow" her to change sides. She was ready to die for Zero {as she said on R2 episode #2 and well frequently it was obvious} and considering, the route they took with her in the later episodes before her capture, it seems unlikely that Kallen would switch sides.
I could only see this, if they blackmailed her with her mother or something on this account and still, really difficult.

Even if that was on the original script, i find it really hard to buy it.
S1 #13, pretty much established, that Kallen would go forward with Zero no matter what. I don't think how a papa-storyline would fit in. {not dismissing any info/not, just if that ever happened, i know i would be "so OOC for her".}
I think that's probably the reason they dropped this idea, or else it would be very difficult to drag her back to "die for lulu" route.
__________________
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 08:49   Link #18122
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
I think that's probably the reason they dropped this idea, or else it would be very difficult to drag her back to "die for lulu" route.
Sounds right. Kallen's character, took a certain route in the middle of the series, and that was, being in the side of Zero no matter what.
And as we saw, that did not change in R2, even when she found out who he was in reality {episode 2} so it would not make sense at all for her to abandon him.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 08:50   Link #18123
Bonzo
I change anime endings.
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Italy
Age: 37
Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
And now, another little story:

Lelouch started his "new life" by months....he's devastated in the body and the mind, Kallen devastating herself to take care of him, but finally thanks the worstest nightmare and some cuddles...something can born...

http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...rn25.51eng.jpg
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 14:30   Link #18124
Frostfire
No Eyes
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dirac Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
I think that's probably the reason they dropped this idea, or else it would be very difficult to drag her back to "die for lulu" route.
They could have done it, taking her back to the "die for Lulu" route, the problem is that if they did, a lot of things would need to be much more explicit and not implied. The level of "die for Lulu" would also probably be far higher. Meh, dropped idea.
Frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 14:57   Link #18125
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
They could have done it, taking her back to the "die for Lulu" route, the problem is that if they did, a lot of things would need to be much more explicit and not implied. The level of "die for Lulu" would also probably be far higher. Meh, dropped idea.
But that could be kinda "easy" to get through. The point is, the whole potential betrayal and fight as an opponent scenario. <-- It is the first stage that is difficult to accomplish, the second {die for him} could be developed.
The first one however, with the root they took, it would be off the table.
If there was an if-storyline like this, then it should be discussed through early stages of S1, cause after episode 2 of R2, i can't see Kallen in any way, opposing Zero/Lelouch. {i would say episode 13 of S1, but ok, that might sound too far}
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 22:27   Link #18126
Vehegore
is a Gawain freak
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
And now, another little story:

Lelouch started his "new life" by months....he's devastated in the body and the mind, Kallen devastating herself to take care of him, but finally thanks the worstest nightmare and some cuddles...something can born...

http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...rn25.51eng.jpg
That last picture:


AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Vehegore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 00:03   Link #18127
yvj
U Mad?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vehegore View Post
That last picture:


AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
The scene needs to be colored. I demand someone color it immediately in the name of the Kalulu Empire!



Ok for the sake of discussion (and for rehashing) Lots of talk about Lelouch's impact on Kallen.

But what about Kallen's impact on Lelouch. (Beside the obvious refrain incident) It's a lot subtler the other way around. (Kallen >> Lelouch)

Discuss (wants to hear other opinions before giving his own)
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic81253_4.gif
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 00:16   Link #18128
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
But what about Kallen's impact on Lelouch. (Beside the obvious refrain incident) It's a lot subtler the other way around. (Kallen >> Lelouch)

Discuss (wants to hear other opinions before giving his own)
Just for the sake of having something, for a man that is able to lie to pretty much anyone, not being able to lie to Kallen (directly at least) is pretty telling.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 00:23   Link #18129
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
The scene needs to be colored. I demand someone color it immediately in the name of the Kalulu Empire!
Yeah, color it and maybe ink it while we're at it. Bonzo's comic would look so sweet colored Oh, and maybe correct the English and maybe put some speech bubbles in


Quote:
Ok for the sake of discussion (and for rehashing) Lots of talk about Lelouch's impact on Kallen.

But what about Kallen's impact on Lelouch. (Beside the obvious refrain incident) It's a lot subtler the other way around. (Kallen >> Lelouch)

Discuss (wants to hear other opinions before giving his own)
You guys never stop do you?

Well, it's kinda hard to say, especially since the whole CG world pretty much revolves around Lelouch. But, aside from being an invaluable ace pilot, Kallen was...well, I guess it's hard for me to say on a personal level too. As a Shirlulu fan I was kinda hoping to avoid any situations like that, so I may have ignored/glanced over/put them out of my mind. I guess Kallen was another person for Lelouch to confide and depend on. In this regard, I think she played a much bigger role in R2. Honestly, I don't she had any huge, stunning revelation-like impacts on Lelouch, aside from Turn 7 and, you know, being a love interest. What you call "subtle" some may call "nonexistent." But that's really all I can think of.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 00:33   Link #18130
yvj
U Mad?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
You guys never stop do you?
Well there's nothing much else to talk about is there. We rehash or the community dies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Well, it's kinda hard to say, especially since the whole CG world pretty much revolves around Lelouch. But, aside from being an invaluable ace pilot, Kallen was...well, I guess it's hard for me to say on a personal level too. As a Shirlulu fan I was kinda hoping to avoid any situations like that, so I may have ignored/glanced over/put them out of my mind. I guess Kallen was another person for Lelouch to confide and depend on. In this regard, I think she played a much bigger role in R2. Honestly, I don't she had any huge, stunning revelation-like impacts on Lelouch, aside from Turn 7 and, you know, being a love interest. What you call "subtle" some may call "nonexistent." But that's really all I can think of.
Right off the bat to claim nonexistence would be a ridiculous statement IMO.

To be fair obviously C.C impacted his life the most with her introduction. And Shirley's death was a big deal. But I'm not asking about them am I?

And I say subtle between Kallen and Lelouch because their alone time on screen is scarce but stuff did happen. (I will be vague for now)
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic81253_4.gif
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 00:57   Link #18131
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Well there's nothing much else to talk about is there. We rehash or the community dies.
Fair enough. But there's only so many times you can rehash. Wait and see, my friend. Wait and see. *devilish grin* No need to discuss this any further

Quote:
Right off the bat to claim nonexistence would be a ridiculous statement IMO.

To be fair obviously C.C impacted his life the most with her introduction. And Shirley's death was a big deal. But I'm not asking about them am I?

And I say subtle between Kallen and Lelouch because their alone time on screen is scarce but stuff did happen. (I will be vague for now)
Truly yes, she did have an impact on him. I mean, there's a 99% probability that he did love her and you don't fall in love with someone who hasn't made an impact on you.

But that's just the problem, for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how this relationship developed. For me, it seems it was a gradual thing. First it starts with Kallen having an admiration for Zero, then she finds out who he is and falls in love with the man behind the mask. Throughout the series they have their little "moments", which I guess results in a physical and emotional attraction. It just seems like a growing relationship type deal. Frankly, to me, it's mind-boggling. I just can't see what Kallen, or any of the girls for that matter, saw in Lelouch.

And what's with all this secrecy about your opinion? You trying to bait us? Well, do as you please.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 01:07   Link #18132
yvj
U Mad?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Fair enough. But there's only so many times you can rehash. Wait and see, my friend. Wait and see. *devilish grin* No need to discuss this any further
Cryptic but intriguing. You know something I don't?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
I just can't see what Kallen, or any of the girls for that matter, saw in Lelouch.
This is funny seeing how he does go out of his way to hide his feelings from all three girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
And what's with all this secrecy about your opinion? You trying to bait us? Well, do as you please.
Hmmm there might be a bit of that XD. But

1) I'm actually much more interested in seeing what others think ATM instead of typing up my thoughts.

2) Believe it or not I haven't exactly made up my mind on exactly what I think about the subject at hand.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic81253_4.gif
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 01:14   Link #18133
Frostfire
No Eyes
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dirac Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
But that's just the problem, for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how this relationship developed. For me, it seems it was a gradual thing. First it starts with Kallen having an admiration for Zero, then she finds out who he is and falls in love with the man behind the mask. Throughout the series they have their little "moments", which I guess results in a physical and emotional attraction. It just seems like a growing relationship type deal. Frankly, to me, it's mind-boggling. I just can't see what Kallen, or any of the girls for that matter, saw in Lelouch.
The funny thing is, if we say that Lelouch did love Kallen, he may have fallen for her before she did for him.

As for what they saw in him, Kallen's poem is a pretty big tip that for her, he gave her everything, life, dreams, love. It's hard for her not to fall in love with that.
Frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 01:45   Link #18134
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Cryptic but intriguing. You know something I don't?
Not really, it's just common sense. Admittedly Kalulu does have a strong fan base and a lot of evidence to back it up, so you may have a longer life line than others.

But mark my words yvj! A day of reckoning is coming! You forget that one of humanity's main weaknesses is that they have short attention spans! Some day, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but some day Kalulu will follow in the footsteps of Shirlulu and CluClu into the abyss of obscurity! And on that day you and all the Kalulus will beg for discussion! You will look up and cry for help! "Talk!" "Discuss!" "Save us!"

And I'll whisper, "No"

Quote:
This is funny seeing how he does go out of his way to hide his feelings from all three girls.
Well, girls do like the strong silent type. ...Well, at least they like the silent type


Quote:
Hmmm there might be a bit of that XD. But

1) I'm actually much more interested in seeing what others think ATM instead of typing up my thoughts.

2) Believe it or not I haven't exactly made up my mind on exactly what I think about the subject at hand.
Ah, I see. Good strategy I suppose. Well, you know what I think. And to sum it up pretty much, the impact Kallen had on Lelouch, not nearly as big the impact he had on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
The funny thing is, if we say that Lelouch did love Kallen, he may have fallen for her before she did for him.

As for what they saw in him, Kallen's poem is a pretty big tip that for her, he gave her everything, life, dreams, love. It's hard for her not to fall in love with that.
Well, when I guy does that for a girl...well, I guess she pretty much has to. LOL.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 03:26   Link #18135
Vehegore
is a Gawain freak
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
I wonder what Lelouch was about to say When Kallen fell 'litterly' onto him, But C.C wanted Tabasco Sauce :O.
Vehegore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 03:48   Link #18136
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Ok for the sake of discussion (and for rehashing) Lots of talk about Lelouch's impact on Kallen.

But what about Kallen's impact on Lelouch. (Beside the obvious refrain incident) It's a lot subtler the other way around. (Kallen >> Lelouch)

Discuss (wants to hear other opinions before giving his own)
Kallen's impact on Lelouch. Well other than turn 7 which speaks for itself. I think turn 19 showed much of Kallen's impact on Lelouch. At this point in time Nunnally who was Lelouch's reason to become Zero was supposedly gone. Lelouch through the episode was down and probably didn't know what to do at this point.

Kallen showed up, Lelouch seemed like himself, had his Zero suit on and even apologized to Kallen when he didn't need to do that. So at this point in my opinion, Lelouch wasn't trying to be Zero for Nunnally since she was gone. More than likely he was going to continue to be Zero from what Kallen told him back at turn 7. That is until the betrayal happen.
__________________

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2009-02-02 at 14:23. Reason: Deleted a word
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 04:14   Link #18137
Bonzo
I change anime endings.
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Italy
Age: 37
Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Yeah, color it and maybe ink it while we're at it. Bonzo's comic would look so sweet colored Oh, and maybe correct the English and maybe put some speech bubbles in
I know, I know...The problem is I hate ink (the last art were a disaster) and I don't know how to color with pc.
About the english, well...I learning it by myself, because italian school don't teach english....
For speech bubbles, I don't put it beacause the italian/english text have different volumes.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 04:18   Link #18138
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: La Ciudad de los Palacios, Mexico City
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vehegore View Post
I wonder what Lelouch was about to say When Kallen fell 'litterly' onto him, But C.C wanted Tabasco Sauce :O.
We all do hun... we all do...
Since that day I stopped eating Tabasco sauce...
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 05:43   Link #18139
Bonzo
I change anime endings.
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Italy
Age: 37
Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
I making now the drama with sex scene Kallen/Lelouch, but....

I don't put censures, but I'll try to don't exaggerate about genitals, for the rest, a little advice, Lelouch and Kallen are both virgins, then, they will be a little....wimp/clumsy.

Using a single term, "messed up".
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 09:35   Link #18140
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellington2612 View Post
We all do hun... we all do...
Since that day I stopped eating Tabasco sauce...
roflpalm x 2839
I never liked it, and now there is another reason to dislike it more. |DD;;

Seriously though, we can't know for sure, but my bet would be something along the lines of "all of us there." The completed nostalgic pic of friends/important people, that Lelouch viewed and came to appreciate more, when he was talking to Shirley/Milly/Rivalz back in episode 7.

Though, the interesting part is that Lelouch always avoids Kallen's questions and replies with something seemingly "irrelevant."
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.