AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-26, 14:08   Link #2161
TheDisruptiveOne
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
That scene was idiotic and lazy. It was an example of atrocious writing.

FIN.
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:09   Link #2162
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
That scene was idiotic and lazy. It was an example of atrocious writing.

FIN.
Like some other scenes in this show.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:11   Link #2163
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
The hints were there towards an unknown end, that is not proper foreshadowing. We had no idea it even had anything to do with Marianne, everyone thought it had to with Charles or Nunally. It is a wtf development for the sake of surprise.

And she did not say 'It can't be'. She said 'So that's how it was...' If you think that can make us have a conclusion of Anya = Marianne then fuck, you're an absolute genius. Tell me how the story will end.
I didn't say anything of the sort. We just assumed wrong. but the hints were still there. We just didn't think Marianne had Geass or anything like that. Fuck, we should have suspected more just because she had herself "killed." The whole thing was just set up. The wrtiers pulled a fast one, but there are ZERO plot holes from it, and it was STILL hinted at. We just never thought about it. Doesn't make it weak foreshadowing.

Quote:
Oh for fuck's sake. She conveniently locks up her memories, where we were led to believe that she lost them and her code for five episodes, and recovers them because she was conveniently at the platform where the Mordred could find her. Oh come on.
I fail to see why this is a problem. Again, we just never THOUGHT ABOUT IT. Doesn't make it "convenience." And again, it can easily be reasoned away with her running into Anya. I think you are just nit picking now Var. So out of character for you...
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:12   Link #2164
Asleep
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Like some other scenes in this show.
Exactly. Why do they act like it is something new? Season 2 is not Season 1, but Season one also had its share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
I fail to see why this is a problem. Again, we just never THOUGHT ABOUT IT. Doesn't make it "convenience." And again, it can easily be reasoned away with her running into Anya. I think you are just nit picking now Var. So out of character for you...
That scene at least had foreshadowing. Where did Euphie going insane and going on a killing spree come from? Some foreshadowing that was.

People will only see what they want to see...
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:14   Link #2165
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Exactly. Why do they act like it is something new? Season 2 is not Season 1, but Season one also had its share.
No, that doesn't count. The idiotic one million people thingy was only the main point and the Title of an entire episode. That obviously couldn't be as much as worse than what happened to C.C. in 21!
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:16   Link #2166
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
I fail to see why this is a problem. Again, we just never THOUGHT ABOUT IT. Doesn't make it "convenience." And again, it can easily be reasoned away with her running into Anya. I think you are just nit picking now Var. So out of character for you...
I am nitpicking because of all the bullshit justification people have been posting today to explain away glaring problems in plot developments. No one is going to think about it because few people are going to go for such a plot convenient piece of bullshit. I hate plot convenience especially of this magnitude. I hated it last season with Euphemia, I rightfully hate it still.

And to be frank, I don't give a shit. Why? Because when this happens it happens to conclude plot points. It occured with Euphemia so that her plot-line would finally end. Guess who's on the chopping block now? C.C., Marianne, and Charles.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:17   Link #2167
TheDisruptiveOne
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Like some other scenes in this show.
I've said it before I'll say it again...I have only been posting on this forum for like a week now. Probably less than a week. I agree with you that there have been other bad scenes. But I wasn't here when they happened.

Rakshata arriving with Kallen's Guren upgrades right when she happened to be falling...that was also a crock of shit. I would have raged hard if I had actually been posting when it happened.

I hate deus ex crap.
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:19   Link #2168
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
I've said it before I'll say it again...I have only been posting on this forum for like a week now. Probably less than a week. I agree with you that there have been other bad scenes. But I wasn't here when they happened.

Rakshata arriving with Kallen's Guren upgrades right when she happened to be falling...that was also a crock of shit. I would have raged hard if I had actually been posting when it happened.

I hate deus ex crap.
Why people don't just enjoy the show for what it is? There are always wild twists in movies etc. It will be boring if before each episode the people could guess what will happen.

I prefer to be surprised. And the guren scene was awesome
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:20   Link #2169
Asleep
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
And to be frank, I don't give a shit. Why? Because when this happens it happens to conclude plot points. It occured with Euphemia so that her plot-line would finally end. Guess who's on the chopping block now? C.C., Marianne, and Charles.
You assume too much. If Marianne is working with Schneizel I wonder if she will go away so soon.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:21   Link #2170
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
You assume too much. If Marianne is working with Schneizel I wonder if she will go away so soon.
Fine, Charles and C.C. then.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:21   Link #2171
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Exactly. Why do they act like it is something new? Season 2 is not Season 1, but Season one also had its share.



That scene at least had foreshadowing. Where did Euphie going insane and going on a killing spree come from? Some foreshadowing that was.

People will only see what they want to see...
Apparently people are not understanding what Var is trying to point out. There was barely any development up to this huge revelation. The other coincidences had more emphasis to them. And the one million Zero thing is no comparison and Var has already explained why. Also Suzaku's super human abilities while they may compare due to lack of explanation it wasn't such a plot moving device. Using this C.C./Anya event pisses some off because its just basically the writers pulling something out of their ass to move the plot forward and conclude things without any deep dive into it. I've come to the conclusion that thw writers have put too many sub plots and other shit into the show that they are just creating events/happenings out of the blue to solve/conclude these points.

I love Code Geass greatly but I feel the quality in the writing keeps going down each and every episode.
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:23   Link #2172
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I am nitpicking because of all the bullshit justification people have been posting today to explain away glaring problems in plot developments.
Except the reasoning makes sense on the basis that 1) it works, and 2) still makes sense in the end.

Quote:
No one is going to think about it because few people are going to go for such a plot convenient piece of bullshit. I hate plot convenience especially of this magnitude. I hated it last season with Euphemia, I rightfully hate it still.
Oh for fucks sakes. This is a fucking ANIME. This isn't "Citizen Kane" here. Code Geass is a fantastic ANIME, but there is NO SUCH THING as a perfect anime series that is a TRUE masterpiece. You want that, then the only anime related thing you are going to find being "perfect" would be Miyazaki films.

There will ALWAYS be weird damn coincidences, strange occurrences, and wtf moments. You need to stretch you belief here enough. Is there a lot of coincidences in Code Geass? of course there is! So I have NO problem with what happened because, you know what? It WORKS!
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:25   Link #2173
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Apparently people are not understanding what Var is trying to point out. There was barely any development up to this huge revelation. The other coincidences had more emphasis to them. And the one million Zero thing is no comparison and Var has already explained why. Also Suzaku's super human abilities while they may compare due to lack of explanation it wasn't such a plot moving device. Using this C.C./Anya event pisses some off because its just basically the writers pulling something out of their ass to move the plot forward and conclude things without any deep dive into it. I've come to the conclusion that thw writers have put too many sub plots and other shit into the show that they are just creating events/happenings out of the blue to solve/conclude these points.
The plot is rushed, but that's not new. People were "O_O" when Ougi appeared still fine without any wound after the cliff scene. And there is still no explanation about it.

I guess I am not that demanding about those plotholes.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:26   Link #2174
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Except the reasoning makes sense on the basis that 1) it works, and 2) still makes sense in the end.
Yes, but that's not justification for just suddenly throwing something into the mix. Guidohunter summed up my point of view for me and probably better than I could have given my current state of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Oh for fucks sakes. This is a fucking ANIME. This isn't "Citizen Kane" here. Code Geass is a fantastic ANIME, but there is NO SUCH THING as a perfect anime series that is a TRUE masterpiece. You want that, then the only anime related thing you are going to find being "perfect" would be Miyazaki films.

There will ALWAYS be weird damn coincidences, strange occurrences, and wtf moments. You need to stretch you belief here enough. Is there a lot of coincidences in Code Geass? of course there is! So I have NO problem with what happened because, you know what? It WORKS!
That's not what I want, I have no problem with coincidences, what I dislike is things that simply appear out of nowhere. This appeared out of nowhere for the sake of the plot. Sure it works, Euphemia's incident worked too, doesn't mean they handled it well. They handled it like utter shit, but people still eat it up like candy.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:27   Link #2175
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Can someone remind me what bitching about anime development has to do with C.C. again? I must've missed that.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:27   Link #2176
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Apparently people are not understanding what Var is trying to point out. There was barely any development up to this huge revelation.
Except this moment was built up from Episode 1 of season one and was hinted at through the whole damn series. We just never caught on. The only valid thing Var has here is that it was rushed and not handled as well as it could have been. But it was still handled as well as it can be at this point.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:28   Link #2177
TheDisruptiveOne
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Where are the comp ace magazine summaries? I want something productive to discuss.
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:29   Link #2178
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
The plot is rushed, but that's not new. People were "O_O" when Ougi appeared still fine without any wound after the cliff scene. And there is still no explanation about it.

I guess I am not that demanding about that plotholes.
I was pissed about that as well, but the main thing is that a few plotholes is something I could deal with in this show in the early goings, but now its becoming so common. The quality that was once there is just fading away with all the rushed events and clutter of sub-plots. Not to mention all the usless characters that they waste time trying to develop when they reallt didn't need them in the first place. My example for this is Gino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
But it was still handled as well as it can be at this point.
Too bad it had to get to this point.
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:29   Link #2179
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Except this moment was built up from Episode 1 of season one and was hinted at through the whole damn series. We just never caught on. The only valid thing Var has here is that it was rushed and not handled as well as it could have been. But it was still handled as well as it can be at this point.
That was my only point.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:29   Link #2180
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Can someone remind me what bitching about anime development has to do with C.C. again? I must've missed that.
The C.C. thread is like that. When some people post here, it's just to complain or to fill this thread with hate.

That's not new! I wish I was a kallen fan instead.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.