AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-26, 14:30   Link #2181
Asleep
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
The plot is rushed, but that's not new. People were "O_O" when Ougi appeared still fine without any wound after the cliff scene. And there is still no explanation about it.

I guess I am not that demanding about those plotholes.
And Sayoko is pretending to be Lelouch at his school.

Geass had always been like this. I have liked it despite all the coincidences.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:31   Link #2182
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
And Sayoko is pretending to be Lelouch at his school.

Geass had always been like this. I have liked it despite all the coincidences.
Same for me. But I guess that's because I'm not smart enough to complain!
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:32   Link #2183
TheDisruptiveOne
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
I saw a conversation going on about how ridiculous it was that CC just happened to be standing at the spot the Mordred landed. That was the part of the episode that bothered me the most, so I decided to add my opinion to the discussion.
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:34   Link #2184
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
And Sayoko is pretending to be Lelouch at his school.

Geass had always been like this. I have liked it despite all the coincidences.
That was also something that happened in R2. As I've said before the writing seems to be getting worse and worse. R1 was great, but then the ridiculous stuff started appearing in R2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
That's not new! I wish I was a kallen fan instead.
Oh because its so much more civilized there. Come on now! All the friggin character threads have people that bash back and forth about something. I've seen fights in every single one of the character threads. Half the time its bitching about who is going to be paired up with who.
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:35   Link #2185
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
That's not what I want, I have no problem with coincidences, what I dislike is things that simply appear out of nowhere. This appeared out of nowhere for the sake of the plot. Sure it works, Euphemia's incident worked too, doesn't mean they handled it well. They handled it like utter shit, but people still eat it up like candy.
I understand that it wasn't handled as well as it COULD have been, but this is my reason for our last argument on S1 being better than R2. Because of the messed up pacing this season things have to be rushed like this in order to fit them in. In S1 everything could have been added to and after watching most of it today, the pacing was great.

There is nothing we can do though, so we just grin and bear it. Bad pacing isn't going to get me down. The series is too good.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:36   Link #2186
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
That was also something that happened in R2. As I've said before the writing seems to be getting worse and worse. R1 was great, but then the ridiculous stuff started appearing in R2.
Season 1 had its fair share of wtf-terrible writing. It happened around the same time, too. It seems that they tend to have pacing problems around the mid-point and the close to end episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
I understand that it wasn't handled as well as it COULD have been, but this is my reason for our last argument on S1 being better than R2. Because of the messed up pacing this season things have to be rushed like this in order to fit them in. In S1 everything could have been added to and after watching most of it today, the pacing was great.

There is nothing we can do though, so we just grin and bear it. Bad pacing isn't going to get me down. The series is too good.
So we finally resolved this nonsense. As for S1 to R2. S1 had its own craptastic moments as I said before, and its pacing was craptastic at the midway point as well. They both have their ups and downs, its just that this down rivals Euphemia's in terms of utter shit.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:37   Link #2187
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
I saw a conversation going on about how ridiculous it was that CC just happened to be standing at the spot the Mordred landed. That was the part of the episode that bothered me the most, so I decided to add my opinion to the discussion.
well, if it leads to an awesome episode 21, me I don't care if it was rushed or not.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:38   Link #2188
Asleep
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Same for me. But I guess that's because I'm not smart enough to complain!
Why grumble about things when we can sit get entertained by it?

They have handled things lot worse than this. And this is hardly the writer's fault anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
That was also something that happened in R2. As I've said before the writing seems to be getting worse and worse. R1 was great, but then the ridiculous stuff started appearing in R2.
Mao coming back after being shot multiple times, Suzaku's superpowers, the Euphie incident, etc. I think people like to think Season 1 is perfect. Although even I think it's better, it is definitely far from perfect.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:38   Link #2189
Micante
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
I saw a conversation going on about how ridiculous it was that CC just happened to be standing at the spot the Mordred landed. That was the part of the episode that bothered me the most, so I decided to add my opinion to the discussion.
You got it all wrong, Mordred landed on the spot that C.C. was standing. >.>
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:38   Link #2190
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Season 1 had its fair share of wtf-terrible writing. It happened around the same time, too. It seems that they tend to have pacing problems around the mid-point and the close to end episodes.
Yes more towards the end, but R2 has had just too much for my taste. I mean I can handle stuff like that in small incrimints, but when it becomes a common occurence then I just kind of get really tired of it to the point I lose a little bit of enjoyment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post

Mao coming back after being shot multiple times, Suzaku's superpowers, the Euphie incident, etc. I think people like to think Season 1 is perfect. Although even I think it's better, it is definitely far from perfect.
Read my above statement. I'm in no way saying R1 was perfect, just that R2 has taken the ridiculousness to the next level.
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:38   Link #2191
cupahe
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
well, if it leads to an awesome episode 21, me I don't care if it was rushed or not.
var had a point that the last time they did this it was to end a character plot

ive got this feelin that alot of people arenot going to be happy come next week
cupahe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:40   Link #2192
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
So we finally resolved this nonsense. As for S1 to R2. S1 had its own craptastic moments as I said before, and its pacing was craptastic at the midway point as well. They both have their ups and downs, its just that this down rivals Euphemia's in terms of utter shit.
The only time the pacing seemed off for me in S1 was 20-21 (heh... which is where we are now... XD)

And really, if you want to complain about Euphemia (literally) falling from the sky, then I can't blame you. But other than that, no real issues.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:40   Link #2193
jkidd
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Season 1 had its fair share of wtf-terrible writing. It happened around the same time, too. It seems that they tend to have pacing problems around the mid-point and the close to end episodes.



So we finally resolved this nonsense. As for S1 to R2. S1 had its own craptastic moments as I said before, and its pacing was craptastic at the midway point as well. They both have their ups and downs, its just that this down rivals Euphemia's in terms of utter shit.

do you feel like first 10 episode were useless. cause of season1 success they made another 26 episode. now they are rushing everything.
jkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:40   Link #2194
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupahe View Post
var had a point that the last time they did this it was to end a character plot

ive got this feelin that alot of people arenot going to be happy come next week
We will see. If it happens, then it happens XD. Till sunday, I will hope for a good twist

Don't worry I will not suicide myself if C.C dies
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:41   Link #2195
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Yes more towards the end, but R2 has had just too much for my taste. I mean I can handle stuff like that in small incrimints, but when it becomes a common occurence then I just kind of get really tired of it to the point I lose a little bit of enjoyment.
This season has had a lot of tick off moments but at the same time it felt a bit more alive than last season. There was a point S1 where I was having to keep attention on the events. Notably after the Mao arc it just became an utter for until Euphemia. So while I am annoyed at shoddy and over the top (and overused) sudden developments I can let them pass as long as the story stays intact. But this, if it does not result in something as amazing as the Euphemia convenience of utter contrived bullshit, then I'm going to be sore and there will be a lot of dead puppies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
The only time the pacing seemed off for me in S1 was 20-21 (heh... which is where we are now... XD)

And really, if you want to complain about Euphemia (literally) falling from the sky, then I can't blame you. But other than that, no real issues.
Well this is really a matter of opinion now, as it was back then. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkidd View Post
do you feel like first 10 episode were useless. cause of season1 success they made another 26 episode. now they are rushing everything.
Most of the first twelve episodes of S2 were useless, only 2,6,7,10,11 were of actual value. So they wasted 7 episodes to fix the nonsense Sunrise pulled. That does not change the fact, however, that S2 is selling times better than S1 did.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 14:44   Link #2196
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
This season has had a lot of tick off moments but at the same time it felt a bit more alive than last season. There was a point S1 where I was having to keep attention on the events. Notably after the Mao arc it just became an utter for until Euphemia. So while I am annoyed at shoddy and over the top (and overused) sudden developments I can let them pass as long as the story stays intact. But this, if it does not result in something as amazing as the Euphemia convenience of utter contrived bullshit, then I'm going to be sore and there will be a lot of dead puppies.
I personally didn't mind Euphemia being thrown into the story though....
And I really enjoyed the Kaminejima episodes that happened after the Mao arc. To each their own I guess. I just think you are expecting too much. My expectations were blown away because I didn't expect too much. I just hope it doesn't ruin your experience.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 16:29   Link #2197
yugioh5000
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
so any ideas wat this whole cc marianne alliance is about
yugioh5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 19:52   Link #2198
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
I personally didn't mind Euphemia being thrown into the story though....
And I really enjoyed the Kaminejima episodes that happened after the Mao arc. To each their own I guess. I just think you are expecting too much. My expectations were blown away because I didn't expect too much. I just hope it doesn't ruin your experience.
I don't know if it really is a matter of expecting too much but rather looking at the events from a literary perspective. In a written work or movie or show you expect major plot points to be properly developed and the characters well defined. R2 while has been great in some respects is also very shaky in the recent episodes.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 19:58   Link #2199
cupahe
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
I don't know if it really is a matter of expecting too much but rather looking at the events from a literary perspective. In a written work or movie or show you expect major plot points to be properly developed and the characters well defined. R2 while has been great in some respects is also very shaky in the recent episodes.
id say just the last one, 19 fit perfectly into what the characters had been set to play as their parts. 18 was a little odd but mostly in line as well, its really just this last episode that was all wtfscrewyou to development.
cupahe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 20:05   Link #2200
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupahe View Post
id say just the last one, 19 fit perfectly into what the characters had been set to play as their parts. 18 was a little odd but mostly in line as well, its really just this last episode that was all wtfscrewyou to development.
I'd say that 19 was abit shaky, But definately 20 is the one that really screws the pacing.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.