AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-14, 11:13   Link #2441
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
hmm, the only reason i wanted to hear the name is cause c.c wanted to hear some one say it with all the love and care from their heart.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 11:15   Link #2442
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
hmm, the only reason i wanted to hear the name is cause c.c wanted to hear some one say it with all the love and care from their heart.
Maybe that's why C.C. is smiling so vibrantly in the preview?
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 12:28   Link #2443
equinox822
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 24
Spoiler:


She looks like she has something to confess with her hands behind her back like that
equinox822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 12:29   Link #2444
Hasaki
Lelouch x CC
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Hasaki Send a message via MSN to Hasaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingandeul View Post
You know, with all this hype about CC's real name, I have a feeling that we're going to be told her name in rather anti-climactic way...or perhaps just...a "normal" way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Maybe that's why C.C. is smiling so vibrantly in the preview?
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox822 View Post
Spoiler:


She looks like she has something to confess with her hands behind her back like that
You mean:

Lelouch: *insert CC's name**, I love you.
CC: OMG!!?!? INORITE?!? LIKE I LUV U 2?!?


Yeah, I can only dream.
__________________
Hasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:02   Link #2445
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
So, now, in retrospect. What was the point of CChi? I had thought that maybe the bit about friends would amount to something but... it didn't since Lelouch lost most of his friends. I also don't count Moe as a reason to be relevant to the story or of having a point, not for more than a fraction of one episode.

So... what was the point of it? We know C.C. did it to herself, it was undone in a fraction of a second, and did nothing but remove C.C. from the plot for 4 or 5 episodes.

Perhaps another case of wasted time? Oy.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:07   Link #2446
pingva
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
So, now, in retrospect. What was the point of CChi? I had thought that maybe the bit about friends would amount to something but... it didn't since Lelouch lost most of his friends. I also don't count Moe as a reason to be relevant to the story or of having a point, not for more than a fraction of one episode.

So... what was the point of it? We know C.C. did it to herself, it was undone in a fraction of a second, and did nothing but remove C.C. from the plot for 4 or 5 episodes.

Perhaps another case of wasted time? Oy.

Or just the way to show innocent C.C. and the way to get screentime for the other characters.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:08   Link #2447
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Or just the way to show innocent C.C.
For what purpose? A character exposee does not need 5 episodes to be accomplished. We saw that Tamaki had a courageous side in all of 10 seconds.

Especially since innocent C.C. =/= C.C. proper.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:09   Link #2448
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa
Waste of time in my opinion. Served no purpose CChi.
__________________
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:13   Link #2449
cupahe
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
For what purpose? A character exposee does not need 5 episodes to be accomplished. We saw that Tamaki had a courageous side in all of 10 seconds.

Especially since innocent C.C. =/= C.C. proper.
im still thinkin it was for that character to appear at the end or something and not be totally out of the blue. like vv, if cc loses her code she go back to being pregeass right? so itd make sense if the code is taken by lelouch or just destroyed somehow. otherwise id go with waste of time.
cupahe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:13   Link #2450
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I still fail to understand why some people ask questions while they have already an opinion which will not change.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:14   Link #2451
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I still fail to understand why some people ask questions while they have already an opinion which will not change.
That's rather harsh, I asked an honest to goodness fair question. If someone gives me an answer that isn't pulled out of their behind, I'd accept it.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:14   Link #2452
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
For what purpose? A character exposee does not need 5 episodes to be accomplished. We saw that Tamaki had a courageous side in all of 10 seconds.

Especially since innocent C.C. =/= C.C. proper.
Well, it rounds out her character in my perspective. We know she wasn't always like this, that at one point she was a child much like the rest of us, deep down she still is that child much like the rest of us, from my perspective anyway. Well like the Code Geass characters anyway, look at Suzaku and Lelouch. Their old saying of being able to do anything as long as they were together is starting to bear fruit. It also highlights her importance as Lelouch's confidant when they removed her for a while... and Tamaki still has time to do more heroic stuff now
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:16   Link #2453
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupahe View Post
im still thinkin it was for that character to appear at the end or something and not be totally out of the blue. like vv, if cc loses her code she go back to being pregeass right? so itd make sense if the code is taken by lelouch or just destroyed somehow. otherwise id go with waste of time.
My opinion:

She didn't want to face lelouch imo so she sealed herself, why? I don't really know and she refused to say why she didn't want to die to marianne.....

And maybe the writer wanted her to be unable to help lelouch. They wanted lelouch to be alone.

So, we still have to know why she did that. She will say it, if we're lucky.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:17   Link #2454
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Well, it rounds out her character in my perspective. We know she wasn't always like this, that at one point she was a child much like the rest of us, deep down she still is that child much like the rest of us, from my perspective anyway. Well like the Code Geass characters anyway, look at Suzaku and Lelouch. I also highlights her importance as Lelouch's confidant when they removed her for a while... and Tamaki still has time to do more heroic stuff now
We already knew that though. We saw it in the episode itself, not to mention from flashbacks in Season 1, they did not need to turn her into a child for five episodes.

When she removed herself for a while, remember she did it willingly. And how does that show her role as confidant? O-o
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:19   Link #2455
cupahe
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
My opinion:

She didn't want to face lelouch imo so she sealed herself, why? I don't really know and she refused to say why she didn't want to die to marianne.....

And maybe the writer wanted her to be unable to help lelouch. They wanted lelouch to be alone.

So, we still have to know why she did that. She will say it, if we're lucky.
but she left him to suffer hows that a good thing?

i agree that the writer wanted her out of the plot but they sacrificed perfect oppertunities to develope her and lelouch. she did nothing in that time which was the question wasn't it? what was her purpose? which seems to be: nothing, jus buy tme.
cupahe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:20   Link #2456
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
We already knew that though. We saw it in the episode itself, not to mention from flashbacks in Season 1, they did not need to turn her into a child for five episodes.

When she removed herself for a while, remember she did it willingly. And how does that show her role as confidant? O-o
I thought it was more for the fact that, the past was not dead in this respect. That her beginning had not been shrouded by her experience, and that the hopes and traits she had back then were very much still alive, very much still a part of her. And c'mon, she didn't really get that much screen time in the episodes so it didn't really amount to much in terms of space. It might have taken a while but we had a lot of other developments as well, especially concerning Lelouch's descent before his resurrection in Turn 21.

By the fact that he does need her support, all of her support in the end. Unfortunately CChi wasn't enough by herself despite her best attempts, hence the second bandage scene in Turn 19.
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:23   Link #2457
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupahe View Post
but she left him to suffer hows that a good thing?

i agree that the writer wanted her out of the plot but they sacrificed perfect oppertunities to develope her and lelouch. she did nothing in that time which was the question wasn't it? what was her purpose? which seems to be: nothing, jus buy tme.
She feared something, or as I said, wanted to not face him, i think.

I have an opinion about why but I think the people here will no be happy to know what, so I will not say anything

I will just say that maybe she will say why before dying somewhere in 24 or 25.

And there is also the band aid. I thought the hand and the ring finger choices were on purpose, but apparently it was just for the lulz.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:24   Link #2458
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
I thought it was more for the fact that, the past was not dead in this respect. That her beginning had not been shrouded by her experience, and that the hopes and traits she had back then were very much still alive, very much still a part of her. And c'mon, she didn't really get that much screen time in the episodes so it didn't really amount to much in terms of space.
Hu? They showed us everything about C.C.'s childhood in the episode, filling in all the blanks for the flashbacks. CChi had no role in fulfilling that. All it showed was that she was in the wrong time. They did not develop anything about her character during this. They just had her act moe and run around.

Not much screen time? Five episodes of her character acting moe was a good bit of screen time, which wasted perfect time to develop her actual character not some figment of the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
By the fact that he does need her support, all of her support in the end. Unfortunately CChi wasn't enough by herself despite her best attempts, hence the second bandage scene in Turn 19.
What? He did fine without her. He nearly even succeeded in his plan while she sat on her moe-butt. Hence my point, she did nothing not even show that he needed a confidant because, simply, the one time that role was available in Ep.19, Kallen usurpsed it.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:25   Link #2459
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Just to point out, Lelouch is suddenly not the be all and end all character despite the fact that the series portrays him as such. Other characters have their own issues to deal with, C.C included. Hence the whole retreat into her mind bit
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:25   Link #2460
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
KS VS Var debates sometimes remind me of a dog chasing its tail. They just keep going and going in circles...

sorry didn't resist
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.