AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-17, 18:31   Link #2721
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 24
Send a message via Skype™ to whiter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael View Post
So your line of argument is that C.C. is simply better than everyone else and by virtue of her long life is too good/experienced for normal people?

As I said to Krimzon being affected by that cycle says more about her than it does about her immortality. If she remembers the people and the fun they had, then there is nothing bad in their friendship. If everyone was afraid of losing the people they cared for no one would ever be friends with anyone.
Wisdom is granted upon you by experiences and and knowledge, hence as she has experienced more than anyone in the world apparently she is much wicer than anyone. Good example is horo from Spice and wolf (calling herself hore the wice) and matsuri from Sola. That'll make C.C "C.C the wice"
Better is not the word to define this, it's rather wicer and different.

Recyling the events will eventually make you realize everything, there'r people who don't want anyone to be their friend/beloved as they don't want to feel the pain of loosing(And that is because they've experienced it numberous times or felt them really graving, as they'r living in solitude). Humans live is just normally too short to realize this as there's not enaught such events.

Quote:
Your line of reasoning is flawed in that for her smiles to mean anything one of them at some point in time would have to have been genuine. A person who never smiles a real smile to the people around them is not with friends or is not those people's friend. You can smile for the sake of friends, but you cannot always be putting on fake smiles. So while yes, a fake smile for the sake of a friend is possible, it is not applicable in this situation since your argument is that she has never smiled genuinely. Unless she has smiled genuinely.
Some people rather not to smile or are unable to provide/enjoy a smile when they feel normal happiness with friends. Hence she would only force a smile for sake of her friends, instead of disappointting them.

Quote:
And to end this long post, I'm not attacking C.C. in anyway. I am simply trying to shake this image that people have of her being Kafka-like. She is not, in anyway shape or form on any level near Kafka. Her life has been a myriad of happy and sad times. She has lived both a good life and a bad life, or I suppose lives.
I'm well aware that you'r not attacking, you'r providing quite good arguments in the first place, but I disagree with C.C having happy and sad life. Her resolve of dying represents that she has had a torture-like life, she has been strugling for centuries. Getting kidness doesn't involve happiness and eitherway the fact that her real wish is to experience happiness, which she has been carrying for 600 years, proves that. Even if she didn't realize it up untill now, if she were to experience happiness(love or a true smile provided by that), she would surely remember it.
__________________

Last edited by whiter; 2008-09-17 at 18:44.
whiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 18:42   Link #2722
Eiontalos
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
Wisdom is granted upon you by experiences and and knowledge, hence as she has experienced more than anyone in the world apparently she is much wicer than anyone. Good example is horo from Spice and wolf (calling herself hore the wice) and matsuri from Sola. That'll make C.C "C.C the wice"
Better is not the word to define this, it's rather wicer and different.

Recyling the events will eventually make you realize everything, there'r people who don't want anyone to be their friend/beloved as they don't want to feel the pain of loosing(And that is because they've experienced it numberous times or felt them really graving, as they'r living in solitude). Humans live is just normally too short to realize this as there's not enaught such events.


Some people rather not to smile or are unable to provide/enjoy a smile when they feel normal happiness with friends. Hence she would only force a smile for sake of her friends, instead of disappointting them.
Living a long time doesn't necessarily grant wisdom some people who have very little self awareness could fall into the same behaviors without learning much even after great lengths of time. Hell, for all the wisdom C.C. had she still fell into the trap of falling in love with her "mark".
Eiontalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 18:48   Link #2723
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 24
Send a message via Skype™ to whiter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiontalos View Post
Living a long time doesn't necessarily grant wisdom some people who have very little self awareness could fall into the same behaviors without learning much even after great lengths of time. Hell, for all the wisdom C.C. had she still fell into the trap of falling in love with her "mark".
One can't go on with out thinking, experiencing and acting, those times/acts/experiences will grant you wisdom.
Even if the event renews, it's still slightly different in some way and hence it's a new experience which provides you with wisdom.
Wisdom is knowing about events and facts, it doesn't nescessarily have to involve something certain.
And what she has been doing, with the given information at the moment, she hasn't made any stupid act twice or so that concerns the geass.
But then again, there's no universal definition for wisdom nor wice.
__________________
whiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 18:54   Link #2724
Tael
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
Wisdom is granted upon you by experiences and and knowledge, hence as she has experienced more than anyone in the world apparently she is much wicer than anyone. Good example is horo from Spice and wolf (calling herself hore the wice) and matsuri from Sola. That'll make C.C "C.C the wice"
Better is not the word to define this, it's rather wicer and different.

Recyling the events will eventually make you realize everything, there'r people who don't want anyone to be their friend/beloved as they don't want to feel the pain of loosing(And that is because they've experienced it numberous times or felt them really graving, as they'r living in solitude). Humans live is just normally too short to realize this as there's not enaught such events.
Immortality didn't seem to stop Horo from making friends with humans and enjoying her immortality. And simply, a person level of experience or how wise they are, is not a method I'd use to defend them for not having friends. It makes them sound pretentious.

And again, this has more to do with personality than it does with immortality. You can also look at it from this perspective. A child that is born into the world and loses its relatives over time knows that, eventually, it will out live everyone who helped raise them. Should they then shun all the people older then them knowing that they will all die? As I've been saying, this sounds like an excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
Some people rather not to smile or are unable to provide/enjoy a smile when they feel normal happiness with friends. Hence she would only force a smile for sake of her friends, instead of disappointting them.
This does not address the point I brought up though, that if she has never smiled genuinely then her smiles hold no value. Friendship is often said to start with a smile, a real one. If you never smile genuinely, then your simply not going to have friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
I'm well aware that you'r not attacking, you'r providing quite good arguments in the first place, but I disagree with C.C having happy and sad life. Her resolve of dying represents that she has had a torture-like life, she has been strugling for centuries. Getting kidness doesn't involve happiness and eitherway the fact that her real wish is to experience happiness, which she has been carrying for 600 years, proves that. Even if she didn't realize it up untill now, if she were to experience real happiness, she would surely remember it.
C.C. does not want to die to escape pain, C.C. wants to die to give her life meaning. Her own words from 15. She is seeking to give herself a purpose to having lived. As such, her seeking death hardly says anything about her past life. I also do not buy into the idea of her 'true' wish because the only way it is really possible for her to have never achieved even a sliver of happiness in life is to have completely alienated herself from all people or to have been systematic. This means that it was her choice, not an effect of her immortality. In fact, if we see how she treated Mao and Lelouch, I'd say that is exactly what she was doing, running away from all possible happiness. In other words, she didn't let herself find it. Which is her own fault.

If you've never read about Kafka or Metamorphosis, I suggest you do. By comparison to Kafka, C.C.'s existence has been pretty damn good.
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 19:02   Link #2725
hero147
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
The story portrays "immortality" a curse rather than a "blessing." The Nun and CC wanted to rid themselves of immortality. As people (probably) under 50, we have no basis to even debate on the subject about whether or not "immortality" is a blessing or a curse. It's like arguing against a guy who got bitten by a poisonous snake about whether or not the snake was poisonous.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 19:04   Link #2726
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 24
Send a message via Skype™ to whiter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael View Post
Immortality didn't seem to stop Horo from making friends with humans and enjoying her immortality. And simply, a person level of experience or how wise they are, is not a method I'd use to defend them for not having friends. It makes them sound pretentious.

And again, this has more to do with personality
Spoiler for concerns info about spice and wolf series:



Quote:
This does not address the point I brought up though, that if she has never smiled genuinely then her smiles hold no value. Friendship is often said to start with a smile, a real one. If you never smile genuinely, then your simply not going to have friends.
It's said, it's not a truth nor is there any evidence about that. I've gained some friends even if I don't smile by their side, maybe that is why I'm don't have that many friends to being with. And when you become friends with someone via the internet you can't represent a smile to him/her(a "" is a command, it's not an emotion), there's no proof that your smile is real to beging with when the friendship has been formed.

Quote:
C.C. does not want to die to escape pain, C.C. wants to die to give her life meaning. Her own words from 15. She is seeking to give herself a purpose to having lived. As such, her seeking death hardly says anything about her past life. I also do not buy into the idea of her 'true' wish because the only way it is really possible for her to have never achieved even a sliver of happiness in life is to have completely alienated herself from all people or to have been systematic. This means that it was her choice, not an effect of her immortality. In fact, if we see how she treated Mao and Lelouch, I'd say that is exactly what she was doing, running away from all possible happiness. In other words, she didn't let herself find it. Which is her own fault.
Giving your life a resolve to die, clearly represents that your past is awfull and that she doesn't enjoy living and that is because she hasn't experienced happiness, atleast from my POV
__________________
whiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 19:09   Link #2727
Tael
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
It's said, it's not a truth nor is there any evidence about that. I've gained some friends even if I don't smile by their side, maybe that is why I'm don't have that many friends to being with. And when you become friends with someone via the internet you can't represent a smile to him/her(a "" is a command, it's not an emotion), there's no proof that your smile is real to beging with when the friendship has been formed.
I doubt you've never smiled around said friends genuinely. Again, smiles have no meaning if at least one of them is not real. And the internet is completely different. I hardly consider the people actual friends, more like passing acquaintances, and those who I could call a friend, have made me crack a real smile more than once. The is just an extension to the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
Giving your life a resolve to die, clearly represents that your past is awfull, atleast from my POV
Ok, from your point of view. That's fine, but I do not agree because her life could have been sunshine and roses and she could still say the same thing because she simply got bored of living with sunshine and roses.
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 19:09   Link #2728
Eiontalos
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
One can't go on with out thinking, experiencing and acting, those times/acts/experiences will grant you wisdom.
Even if the event renews, it's still slightly different in some way and hence it's a new experience which provides you with wisdom.
Wisdom is knowing about events and facts, it doesn't nescessarily have to involve something certain.
And what she has been doing, with the given information at the moment, she hasn't made any stupid act twice or so that concerns the geass.
Experiences don't necessarily grant you wisdom if you don't learn from them or act on the knowledge gained from them. A younger person can be wiser then an older person. Judgment is also part of wisdom. i.e. I know smoking crack is bad for me, yet I still smoke it, was that a wise decision. Also unless she has a perfect memory (which is possible I guess) I don't see her remembering all the experiences of her lifetime.
Eiontalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 19:26   Link #2729
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 24
Send a message via Skype™ to whiter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiontalos View Post
Experiences don't necessarily grant you wisdom if you don't learn from them or act on the knowledge gained from them. A younger person can be wiser then an older person. Judgment is also part of wisdom. i.e. I know smoking crack is bad for me, yet I still smoke it, was that a wise decision. Also unless she has a perfect memory (which is possible I guess) I don't see her remembering all the experiences of her lifetime.
Depends on how you look into the issues, given that you'r smoking even though you posses the knowledge over the harms. It's just that at the moment you view the smoking more valuable than the (chances of) harms. Even if you would regreat it later on the decisision itself was wise as it was your own will and represented your desire, fullfilling your desire is wice from some aspect (some philosophical allingment represents that for example)

Humans long-term memory is infinite. And considering that her cells won't die she should have perfect memory. Yet this is not the case which is a paradox in this case. aside from that she remembers more events, as a % of her experiences than a normal person.

Ofcourse a younger person can be wicer than older one in certain areas. But it's rather hard to say which judgement was right, given that each entity has their own preferenses. By experiencing something you learn something. You learn what happpened to you or to somebody at that exact time, and you'r able to share that knowledge/information. But well, I agree that judgement is part of being wice.
Then again, there's no univeral definition for the term "wice"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael View Post
I doubt you've never smiled around said friends genuinely. Again, smiles have no meaning if at least one of them is not real. And the internet is completely different. I hardly consider the people actual friends, more like passing acquaintances, and those who I could call a friend, have made me crack a real smile more than once. The is just an extension to the idea.
Smile doesn't nescessarily have to represent a meaning, you can view it as a formal way of interacting or as a habbit when experiecing something that grants you happiness. There's a Psychological way to observer friendship and every interaction between humans. A person is looking for benefits in their relationships, from friendship thei gain money, happiness, status or something. And even if you didn't view the other party as a friend. The friendship for the other might be real.
But then again, I would personally be friends with you, as you seem to share some interrests with me, such as arguing over stuff like this which I like, and yet I haven't smirked nor smiled even once.
__________________

Last edited by whiter; 2008-09-17 at 19:49. Reason: fixed double post
whiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 20:59   Link #2730
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael View Post
I cannot accept that as an answer. Having or not having a goal has nothing to do with one being immortal or not. Mortals can be pointless, immortals can also be pointless. The reverse is also true. No one is given a direction by the fact that they are mortal, they are simply given a countdown. If they were given a direction then that direction would be to do nothing because it is futile to fight death when eventually it will kill you. People who accomplish things in life are usually those who do not fear death and who do not allow it to stop them. These types of people would do the same thing even if they were immortals. If C.C. had no goals it was not because of her immortality, it was her own decision to have nothing to strive towards. And, in fact, we know that even if she was immortal that she did have a goal. It is to die.

A perfect example of immortals having a goal is from Trigun, for better or worse.



I cannot help but see those as excuses. Just because the people will die eventually does not mean you cannot have memories with them, and to have fun with them. They can be your friends for their life spans, just as for mortals friends only last as long as they are alive, so does family. I can understand the repetition of gain and loss dulling the experience or making her shy away from friends, but that says more about her personality than it does for her immortality.



Death can provide the incentive but it is hardly the only one. Just because death isn't stalking you in the darkness does not mean you cannot have fulfillment in your life. God(s) would have no reason to achieve anything because they never die, therein God(s) would be pointless entities, power or not. And its not like C.C. had no power, on the contrary she holds a large sum of power. From the ability to ravage the consciousness to being unkillable. Have her take up KMF piloting for a century and she can be a god amongst men. All that is required is a drive, and this more goes to point that C.C. has no drive than that her immortality somehow saps it all away.

V.V., given he was relatively young, was hardly impeded by the fact he could not die and set his sights on a goal.

Phew, long posts. Can we shorten these up?
Sure, I'll stick to the fact that yes you can possibly overcome such a hurdle, (probably I doubt it, you repeat the cycle of love and loss with only your current state of mind that I have to wonder what kind of person wouldn't break down eventually) Though I have seen some animes that do so, but immortality comes with a set of conditions and problems where I don't find it strange if some if not most people can't cope with it. The one thing here is that while immortal they also retain a human mind/mentality as well, and that can often times prove fragile for many to endure the hardships of it. Is death an escape? Sure, it is, but not one where I don't understand or can't comprehend as to why. Would it have been better had she been able to overcome it? Sure. Would it have been as easy as you somehow make it sound? I don't quite believe that. There's of course the feeling of isolation, you can't ever rely on a constant in your life in this case, you often grow more cynical in your observations of humanity then optimistic as the course of history has often taught us, you still feel pain but you can't receive the release, and as there is no one like you or a person who could truly understand you'll feel isolated for the most part. V.V also lived for about 50 years about, and he had his brother. Had Charles gone say before the Ragnarok Connection taken effect I honestly think V.V would have flipped. Try doing that with C.C over the course of 600 years, having made friends but losing them, over and over until it becomes routine more then anything else. I don't know what kind of personality you must have in order to be able to keep going in the mentality you currently possess, but it'd be interesting to see if you could keep it up for what is essentially an eternity. I'd like to live longer myself, but not forever certainly. I mean, it just seems sad where you get to a point where you say we should just shrug off pain and loss, but also insist we keep up being positive at the same time. I don't think it'd work out like that, immortality from the looks of it is a syndrome that can make a person numb after to everything. Endless repetition is a pretty daunting prospect, and a person has all the time in the world to crack under it eventually.
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 05:04   Link #2731
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Eh. Carpe diem. Who cares if people and nations are eventually gonna die? Just enjoy what you have, while it lasts.

A lot of people live without worrying about stuff like "purpose" or the eventual death of their loved ones. Just get up, earn a living, eat, watch TV... Whether you do it for 60 years or 600, what's the difference?

Sure, it'd be a pain to be alone in an unchanging world. But that's not CC's position.

She's in a big world. By the time she'd be done exploring it all, it'd have changed and be ripe for another tour. Books are no doubt being published faster than a single person can read them. And there's a wide variety of other hobbies she could pick up.

I'd understand her being depressed from time to time. But all the time? No.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 05:06   Link #2732
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brittania
Send a message via MSN to Deliberation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Eh. Carpe diem. Who cares if people and nations are eventually gonna die? Just enjoy what you have, while it lasts.

A lot of people live without worrying about stuff like "purpose" or the eventual death of their loved ones. Just get up, earn a living, eat, watch TV... Whether you do it for 60 years or 600, what's the difference?
Not everyone thinks the same way you do. Some people live without worrying. Some people do live with worrying. If everyone thinks the same way you do this world would be a different place. Mind you there are many kinds of people in the world. Same implies to immortal. You might think 60 or 600 is NO difference. Honestly how would you know? Not all of us live long enough to actually experienced that.

C.C is a strong and adventurous. She has to in a way. It's not saying she's not depressed all the time. But she has never been truly happy either. During this long journey.. she just want some "real" love and she's never really had it. Living for 600 years without truly smiling is really painful. It is stated in Turn 15... she wanted to die already. If she's alright with her current life? Why would she actually decided to die? Until a certain someone sorta made her feel that's she's important.. she felt that spark that she needed to live just a bit more.

Like I said everyone has different opinion on how they see life. We wouldn't REALLY REALLY know unless we're really C.C and living for 600 years.
__________________

Emperor Lelouch & Empress C.C ♠
King of Clubs & Queen of Hearts

Avatar [c] Robotfetish

Last edited by Deliberation; 2008-09-18 at 05:20.
Deliberation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 05:28   Link #2733
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 智代の部屋
Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Eh. Carpe diem. Who cares if people and nations are eventually gonna die? Just enjoy what you have, while it lasts.

A lot of people live without worrying about stuff like "purpose" or the eventual death of their loved ones. Just get up, earn a living, eat, watch TV... Whether you do it for 60 years or 600, what's the difference?

Sure, it'd be a pain to be alone in an unchanging world. But that's not CC's position.

She's in a big world. By the time she'd be done exploring it all, it'd have changed and be ripe for another tour. Books are no doubt being published faster than a single person can read them. And there's a wide variety of other hobbies she could pick up.

I'd understand her being depressed from time to time. But all the time? No.
meh, no offense but you're just bitter. If every person think the way you do then it would be convenient for the world. Living just the way you are born, not feeling a single care at what the world has to offer. We live only once in our life so making the most of it is what one should do, we make our life meaningful by finding our purpose or we just live like there's nothing other to do then just watch T.V., work, make money, eat and sleep. C.C. OTOH hand has all the time in her hands only to wait for that certain person to fulfill her contract, her wish.
__________________


Status Quo: MIA
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 06:30   Link #2734
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'd understand her being depressed from time to time. But all the time? No.
As I said, every person is different and act differently than another. You can't make comparison with you or saying that everyone have to act in a certain way.

It reminds me the conversations about lelouch when some people decided that "he has to act like that", but we are not lelouch.

Pointless debate.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 07:13   Link #2735
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
meh, no offense but you're just bitter. If every person think the way you do then it would be convenient for the world. Living just the way you are born, not feeling a single care at what the world has to offer. We live only once in our life so making the most of it is what one should do, we make our life meaningful by finding our purpose or we just live like there's nothing other to do then just watch T.V., work, make money, eat and sleep. C.C. OTOH hand has all the time in her hands only to wait for that certain person to fulfill her contract, her wish.
Where did I say "every person"? I said "some".

All I'm saying is, there's no particular reason to pity CC just because she's immortal. Just like everyone, she had her chance to be happy, and her chances to be unhappy. There's myriad of things she could do to make herself think "Eh, it's ok if I die later rather than today". Grief? A lot of people experience grief. Very few, in fact, never get to experience it in their lives. And then we heal. Loneliness? Hers is largely self-inflicted. And it's not like she's really alone. Tiredness? We've more than doubled our life expectancy since the stone age. Anyone feels we live too long? And it's not like she suffers any of the various disabilities that come with age. And if she wants to get involved in causes - well, what stops her? Nothing. In fact, she has gotten involved at least twice, that we know of. Sure, very few causes will last all her life. So what? You can find another five causes on every street corner. If she gets tired, she can change.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 09:33   Link #2736
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
Wisdom is granted upon you by experiences and and knowledge, hence as she has experienced more than anyone in the world apparently she is much wicer than anyone. Good example is horo from Spice and wolf (calling herself hore the wice) and matsuri from Sola. That'll make C.C "C.C the wice"
Better is not the word to define this, it's rather wicer and different.

Recyling the events will eventually make you realize everything, there'r people who don't want anyone to be their friend/beloved as they don't want to feel the pain of loosing(And that is because they've experienced it numberous times or felt them really graving, as they'r living in solitude). Humans live is just normally too short to realize this as there's not enaught such events.
But doesn't that pretty much kill any chance of a pairing involving C.C then. Going by that then shouldn't C.C's "true wish" be for the cycle to end like say for her death.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 10:10   Link #2737
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 智代の部屋
Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Where did I say "every person"? I said "some".
there's an "if" word before that. Which makes it similar to a "what if.." situation.


Quote:
All I'm saying is, there's no particular reason to pity CC just because she's immortal. Just like everyone, she had her chance to be happy, and her chances to be unhappy.
in other words, what she had experienced so far (for 600yrs.) is not something to feel pity about b'coz statistically speaking it is the natural order of living things. She experienced happiness and unhappiness that normally occur to a person just like everyone.


Quote:
There's myriad of things she could do to make herself think "Eh, it's ok if I die later rather than today".
there isn't. That's why her will to die is there and still there, if you'd think about it she will not have a contract like "you have to end my life" or something for over hundred of years. She's tired, she have watched over the world for so long seen it's good and bad sides, chaos, never ending wars, rotten truths. If you have watched Jigoku Shoujo, there's a girl there that lived for over hundred/thousand of years(forgotten how long exactly) bound by a contract from hell. Now that I think about it they are quite similar, both desire to rest.


Quote:
Grief? A lot of people experience grief. Very few, in fact, never get to experience it in their lives. And then we heal.
Yes we heal.. and we grieve again. Same process will continue until our life span comes to an end.


Quote:
Loneliness? Hers is largely self-inflicted. And it's not like she's really alone.
I agree she's not. As far as i know, many years later after she geassed a lot of people to love her, adding couple more years when she got tortured, treated as a witch, slaved, criticized, discriminated, casted.. she found Mao and raised her as a hobby. Was she happy? I guess. When he was old enough she left him and end up with Charles, Marrianne and V.V..


Quote:
Tiredness? We've more than doubled our life expectancy since the stone age. Anyone feels we live too long?
Sorry, i have not lived that long.


Quote:
And if she wants to get involved in causes - well, what stops her? Nothing. In fact, she has gotten involved at least twice, that we know of. Sure, very few causes will last all her life. So what? You can find another five causes on every street corner. If she gets tired, she can change.
She was a slave before she met the nun that gave her geass and later her code. She's a little girl who only wanted to love and to be loved, she's no war monger and will never be. Traumatized by her experience there came her outer-shell, other existence we know now as C.C., C.C. being her strong self while her sweet fragile self is sleeping within her. Surely she does not desire to cause things that will hurt people on her own.


Okay, maybe i'm over-biased from that last one but that hold some truths. Though, apologies for any grammatical error or bad english my post may contain.
__________________


Status Quo: MIA
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 10:53   Link #2738
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 24
Send a message via Skype™ to whiter
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
But doesn't that pretty much kill any chance of a pairing involving C.C then. Going by that then shouldn't C.C's "true wish" be for the cycle to end like say for her death.
As said, her false wish have consumed the real one, because she "gave" up on living and looking for happiness(As living was too much pain and full of loosing). But she's sure to remember it (as apparently she did) when some one shows real concern for her with passion. Eitherway the same goes for those who wants to live in solitude, they've experienced so much loosing and pain that they create a false resolve to protect themselves thinking that it's good for them, even though it's not.
But well, it could be that she really wants to end the cycle, maybe after Lelouch is about to pass away or something, in spite of that?
__________________
whiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 12:46   Link #2739
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
As said, her false wish have consumed the real one, because she "gave" up on living and looking for happiness(As living was too much pain and full of loosing). But she's sure to remember it (as apparently she did) when some one shows real concern for her with passion. Eitherway the same goes for those who wants to live in solitude, they've experienced so much loosing and pain that they create a false resolve to protect themselves thinking that it's good for them, even though it's not.
But well, it could be that she really wants to end the cycle, maybe after Lelouch is about to pass away or something, in spite of that?
Hm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
When you'r immortal it's not like you can easilly make real friends, as you've been living for centuries you'r interrests and thoughts are far beyond normal humans, there's no real reason to be friends with some one, you don't share any interrest with. Hence as she may encounter someone that she could call a friend every century or something, and seeing the one die would surely make her depressed for a long time as he/she was her salvation from solitude. Eitherway it's really sad/painful to be aware the the time you spent with someone you really cared/loved would fade from your memory eventually, and what would remain is the memory of solitude. Going throught the same cycle would eventually make you avoid that as the depression in solitude for decades is far beyond our imagination. If you live in solitude and there's no difference, you'd eventually get used to it and just "stop living" in a sense. Just wandering around with nothing but death in your mind.
But looking at what you typed before, which seems to counter your point. It would make her even more wary of growing closer to someone and growing to care for another person because they will eventually have to part and only she will remain forever. Even if she manages to get rid of the code as we have seen the person known as C.C would still cease to exist.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 14:17   Link #2740
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 24
Send a message via Skype™ to whiter
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Hm...



But looking at what you typed before, which seems to counter your point. It would make her even more wary of growing closer to someone and growing to care for another person because they will eventually have to part and only she will remain forever. Even if she manages to get rid of the code as we have seen the person known as C.C would still cease to exist.
Ofcourse it would make her more wary, but that comes after the death of L.L.
If she indeed didn't want to grow close with anyone because of the pain and sadness, she wouldn't want get close to Lelouch, but sometimes things happen even if you don't want it. (Which seems to have happened to her (maybe mao, and then lelouch)
And assuming that she has never really experienced real/pure love, and she would be afraid of growing close with somebody as friends not as a lovers, the case is slightly different here as the experience itself is new for her.

If we assume that she's to loose her code, she would no longer posses immortality and hence, she would no longer pursue death, the "desire" for solitude in this case is caused by the immortality, not by her nature, atleast I see it so. In this case the "problem" would dissappear.
__________________

Last edited by whiter; 2008-09-18 at 14:30.
whiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.