AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-27, 18:10   Link #3221
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post


Well, we still don't really know what will happen about that promise. In 21, C.C. replied that before dying, he has to make her smile. So if she gets her smile, will she die (don't know how though)? The only possibility I see is that lelouch will take her code (I don't want to include the gods in my spec, since some people are ok to have the gods killing her, but not ok to have the gods removing her immortality. So to avoid some tensions, I don't consider the gods as a possibility). But I don't see c.c. letting lelouch to take her code. She loves him imo, so she will not let him do that.
I think the promise was a big deal, i mean have it almost last epi and Lulu seemed serious and stuff. So it is definitely a scenario on the table. {now about the code, dunno about it.}
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 18:15   Link #3222
Kusaja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
I'm pretty much in agreement with skyless about both C.C. being the female lead (even if she stayed in the background for too long, that doesn't mean she lost her overall status, considering her role in the plot) and the importance of the promise with Lelouch (since that promise is key to resolving what will happen with her contract, for example, and what comes afterwards), so in that respect...even if she doesn't get too much screen time in 25, I'd assume we will see a very important scene or two.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 18:18   Link #3223
lovecakecookies
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
I'm pretty much in agreement with skyless about both C.C. being the female lead (even if she stayed in the background for too long, that doesn't mean she lost her overall status, considering her role in the plot) and the importance of the promise with Lelouch (since that promise is key to resolving what will happen with her contract, for example, and what comes afterwards), so in that respect...even if she doesn't get too much screen time in 25, I'd assume we will see a very important scene or two.
Its going to be saved for the end or epilogue.. the last thing people remember I suppose..
__________________
lovecakecookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 18:18   Link #3224
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
I'm pretty much in agreement with skyless about both C.C. being the female lead (even if she stayed in the background for too long, that doesn't mean she lost her overall status, considering her role in the plot) and the importance of the promise with Lelouch (since that promise is key to resolving what will happen with her contract, for example, and what comes afterwards), so in that respect...even if she doesn't get too much screen time in 25, I'd assume we will see a very important scene or two.

Exactly, CC has like zero development compared to S1 but that does not mean she lost her overall status. {besides she got her centric episode this season and a lot of important scenes. She just did not get a lot of "silly" scenes.}

About the promise i have to agree, there will be a resolve about the contract. {this has been draged since S1 so yeah there's got to be a closure of some sorts}
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 18:41   Link #3225
Kusaja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Its going to be saved for the end or epilogue.. the last thing people remember I suppose..
That's one of the options I'm thinking about and it sounds like a good idea, yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post

Exactly, CC has like zero development compared to S1 but that does not mean she lost her overall status. {besides she got her centric episode this season and a lot of important scenes. She just did not get a lot of "silly" scenes.}

About the promise i have to agree, there will be a resolve about the contract. {this has been draged since S1 so yeah there's got to be a closure of some sorts}
Yes, I agree there as well. It may not necessarily be what we expect, or at least not what we want, but that's one of the main issues that needs to be resolved before the Code Geass story can truly end....unless the point is to give us a horribly ambiguous ending with C.C.'s contract still in place (she might even tease Lelouch about it).
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 18:44   Link #3226
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post

Exactly, CC has like zero development compared to S1 but that does not mean she lost her overall status. {besides she got her centric episode this season and a lot of important scenes. She just did not get a lot of "silly" scenes.}

About the promise i have to agree, there will be a resolve about the contract. {this has been draged since S1 so yeah there's got to be a closure of some sorts}
That's interesting since Kawaguchi said to watch the Stage 1 again. I mean, Zero's adventures started with the contract between lelouch and c.c.. So Yes I guess it will come to an end in 25.

However, even if I don't like that:

- We don't know what will happen if lelouch takes her code (some people think she will die, some other think she will lose her memories)

- She said in 21 that before dying she has to smile (because he promised to make her smile and even if he hasn't promised her to make her dying with a smile, which is different)

So.... the promise, yes, it can be seen as a good thing, but the promise comes with the risk of seeing her dying.

Quote:
(hello merchandise?)
We talked about that many times and even koshimizu said that we can't assume that the c.c. merchandising can prove anything.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 18:53   Link #3227
lovecakecookies
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
I don't know why, but unlike most people I think the whole smile thing is figurative.. it doesn't mean he literally will make her smile.. but make her happy/loved or whatever well that's the impression I get..
__________________
lovecakecookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 18:59   Link #3228
Kusaja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
That's interesting since Kawaguchi said to watch the Stage 1 again. I mean, Zero's adventures started with the contract between lelouch and c.c.. So Yes I guess it will come to an end in 25.
Which reminds me...I need to hurry up and re-watch, before time runs out.

Quote:
- We don't know what will happen if lelouch takes her code (some people think she will die, some other think she will lose her memories)
I've always been of the opinion, and I believe this was discussed in the thread some time ago, that taking the Code will only make her lose her memories, but it wouldn't kill her. That would seem to be an additional step, at least so far...tonight's episode should resolve this, I expect.

Quote:
So.... the promise, yes, it can be seen as a good thing, but the promise comes with the risk of seeing her dying.
The risk is real, but I don't see dying and smiling as inexorably interconnected, which is why I'm hoping that is not the case. So yes, lovecakecookies has a good point, you could even interpret "smiling" as making her happy or feel loved...without death.

Quote:
We talked about that many times and even koshimizu said that we can't assume that the c.c. merchandising can prove anything.
Not really, but we are talking about a character whose importance extends beyond the merchandising...she gave Lelouch his Geass, signed a contract with him, became his accomplice and perhaps more, etc. So even if that doesn't matter, there are other aspects.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 19:04   Link #3229
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Although I didn't really like what happened to C.C. when she lost her memories I think I would rather have that then see her dying. Then I guess Lelouch could stay by her side. But I don't want C.C to lose all of her edge.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 19:04   Link #3230
Theron
Professional Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 27
I don't get it. Why people keep insisting that she will loose her memories? The first time she lost it was all her ding. We don't know anything about the process when a Code trades its owner. Who knows what'll happen?...
__________________

Join the clubs! Yeah, I don't have anything smarter to say. -_-' T_T
«You know what I'd do. I mean, if I had my goddamn choice? ...»
Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 19:04   Link #3231
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
I've always been of the opinion, and I believe this was discussed in the thread some time ago, that taking the Code will only make her lose her memories, but it wouldn't kill her. That would seem to be an additional step, at least so far...tonight's episode should resolve this, I expect.
.
Well, at least for me, a Moe c.c. ending would be horrible... but maybe it's just me.

I don't think that forgetting her happy moments with lelouch is what she wants. So, if you're right about the memories, I guess that if she lets him take her code, she will ask him to end her life too.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 19:07   Link #3232
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Well, at least for me, a Moe c.c. ending would be horrible... but maybe it's just me.
Yeah honestly I despised that entire plot line and I was so glad when it was over (even though I felt she got her memories back too conveniently). But I think if I had to choose between death and memory loss I think I would choose memory loss.

Although of course I guess my ultimate choice would be to have her stay C.C. as we know her but without the code.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 19:11   Link #3233
Kusaja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Well, at least for me, a Moe c.c. ending would be horrible... but maybe it's just me.

I don't think that forgetting her happy moments with lelouch is what she wants. So, if you're right about the memories, I guess that if she lets him take her code, she will ask him to end her life too.
I'm not saying I want that to happen, since I wasn't fond of the slave girl personality either (that was funny, nothing else)...but that's the conclusion I've reached about how the process goes. It may be totally wrong though.

In the best case scenario, there might be an exception or the intervention of an additional element we don't know about. Which could be cheap and something of a deus ex machina, if done poorly, but it's a possibility.

I agree that C.C. doesn't want to forget Lelouch and the time they spent together, so she would then have to ask him to end her life...but could Lelouch bring himself to do that? Hard to say, but I'd doubt it, personally. Maybe he will reject that entirely and the outcome will be...different.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 21:43   Link #3234
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brittania
Send a message via MSN to Deliberation
Glad the positivity about C.C is back. I agree with skyless. To me C.C is still the main lead character no matter what people say. (some people just wanna SEE what they want to SEE) But we do know from CLAMP drawn pics, magazine works, in OPs and EDs. She still is.

Sure she doesn't have much roles in the fighting part of the show but she certainly made an static position of herself. To me Lelouch needs C.C by his side. He seeks advice from C.C. He always ask her opinion about things. Heck she's the ONLY person he can really talk about his problems. She's the only person whom he show his true self whether he's Zero/Lelouch. They already have mutual understanding. Some fans blame C.C for not telling Lelouch about his mom. And speculating that he will hate her and stuff.

But he didn't. Actually from the beginning I knew Lelouch wouldn't blame her. My guess is because HE knows he's like that as well. He walks down the PATH his OWN way. It's his OWN choice. He doesn't blame other people for his actions. He's very responsible. That is why he didn't blame her and he understands her.

I think R2 focuses more on C.C's humanity that is coming out of her. Like for her like "to think I actually for such things as winning or loosing". She feeling human all over again. Because of R2 we know what she is in relation to his father, her TRUE wish etc, it focuses a lot on her characterization.. so I don't mind.

Moe! C.C would scare me. @_@ A LOT. I don't think i'll be happy with it either. @_@ Coz that's not the girl that Lelouch knows (and fall for I think of CluClu is canon).

But I still have faith in the CluClu promised *winks*
because if Lelouch really really loves Kallen. He should at least talk to Kallen a bit when she tried to kill him. BUT NOOOO he MADE a love promise in front of Kallen's face LOL
__________________

Emperor Lelouch & Empress C.C ♠
King of Clubs & Queen of Hearts

Avatar [c] Robotfetish
Deliberation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 22:46   Link #3235
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
I'm not saying I want that to happen, since I wasn't fond of the slave girl personality either (that was funny, nothing else)...but that's the conclusion I've reached about how the process goes. It may be totally wrong though.

In the best case scenario, there might be an exception or the intervention of an additional element we don't know about. Which could be cheap and something of a deus ex machina, if done poorly, but it's a possibility.

I agree that C.C. doesn't want to forget Lelouch and the time they spent together, so she would then have to ask him to end her life...but could Lelouch bring himself to do that? Hard to say, but I'd doubt it, personally. Maybe he will reject that entirely and the outcome will be...different.
It can happen, but imo, it will be just lame. I would prefer an intense dying scene rather than a moe c.c. ending.

Well, about the "additional element we don't know about", see my comment about the gods.

It also could. I will have no problem with it if she stays immortal in the end. No c.c. fan would have a problem with that.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 23:14   Link #3236
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
It also could. I will have no problem with it if she stays immortal in the end. No c.c. fan would have a problem with that.
I actually would prefer her to stay that way. Better than moe C.C. or a dead C.C.
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 23:29   Link #3237
Kusaja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
It can happen, but imo, it will be just lame. I would prefer an intense dying scene rather than a moe c.c. ending.

Well, about the "additional element we don't know about", see my comment about the gods.

It also could. I will have no problem with it if she stays immortal in the end. No c.c. fan would have a problem with that.
A beautiful death, you mean? I'm a little torn about those...never my first option, in any show, but I can learn to appreciate it. There's always a risk that such deaths could backfire. Still, by default I'd prefer C.C. to live, hopefully with all her memories intact.

The "gods" as far as we know are the collective consciousness of mankind in this series...I guess they would only intervene if C.C.'s death makes the world lose the "tomorrow" Lelouch wished for, or something along those lines. This is a pretty inscrutable subject (), and it's also risky, but it's a valid possibility.

C.C. remaining immortal, if she can come to terms with it and/or is accompanied by Lelouch, would be just fine, really. I'm in agreement there.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 23:33   Link #3238
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
A beautiful death, you mean? I'm a little torn about those...never my first option, in any show, but I can learn to appreciate it. There's always a risk that such deaths could backfire. Still, by default I'd prefer C.C. to live, hopefully with all her memories intact.

The "gods" as far as we know are the collective consciousness of mankind in this series...I guess they would only intervene if C.C.'s death makes the world lose the "tomorrow" Lelouch wished for, or something along those lines. This is a pretty inscrutable subject (), and it's also risky, but it's a valid possibility.

C.C. remaining immortal, if she can come to terms with it and/or is accompanied by Lelouch, would be just fine, really. I'm in agreement there.
I think if it goes the route of C.C. staying immortal C.C. would have to come to some realization involving Lelouch which may have already happened. Death seems less and less likley with each episode in my personal opinion expecially since it seems C.C. will be sitting out the final conflict.
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 23:36   Link #3239
Kusaja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I think if it goes the route of C.C. staying immortal C.C. would have to come to some realization involving Lelouch which may have already happened. Death seems less and less likley with each episode in my personal opinion expecially since it seems C.C. will be sitting out the final conflict.
I'm not going to bet on C.C.'s death (real or just attempted) either, and I'd frankly expect her to lay low and only return during the epilogue sequence, personally...but you never know, one must always be prepared for anything. She might not sit it out if said realization tells her to go back to Damocles somehow.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 23:59   Link #3240
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
A beautiful death, you mean? I'm a little torn about those...never my first option, in any show, but I can learn to appreciate it. There's always a risk that such deaths could backfire. Still, by default I'd prefer C.C. to live, hopefully with all her memories intact.
Yup. It would be better than an awful moe c.c. ending with her playing with lelouch like a 10 years old girl in the epilogue. I guess that not a lot of c.c. fans would like that kind of ending.

Quote:
The "gods" as far as we know are the collective consciousness of mankind in this series...I guess they would only intervene if C.C.'s death makes the world lose the "tomorrow" Lelouch wished for, or something along those lines. This is a pretty inscrutable subject (), and it's also risky, but it's a valid possibility.
That's not what i meant. I will quote myself:

Quote:
(I don't want to include the gods in my spec, since some people are ok to have the gods killing her, but not ok to have the gods removing her immortality. So to avoid some tensions, I don't consider the gods as a possibility).
Quote:
C.C. remaining immortal, if she can come to terms with it and/or is accompanied by Lelouch, would be just fine, really. I'm in agreement there.
As I said, a lot of c.c. fans, if not all, would prefer that rather than her dying or becoming moe c.c. again.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.