AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-01-08, 19:39   Link #4841
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinichan View Post
Spoiler:
*blinks* Like what?
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 10:00   Link #4842
rinichan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
*blinks* Like what?
Sorry only a conclusion on my mind....
But if you still insist...
Spoiler:


Just tell me what you've found out ok?
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 09:18   Link #4843
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
okay! since it was already 200 pages and I don't have time to check each page...

anyone can tell me C.C. real name???

maybe we really need an OVA or special episode which will reveal her true name.... It was the only mystery left by Code Geass for me
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 13:33   Link #4844
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
We don't know what CC's real name is because the creators of Code Geass never released it.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 16:10   Link #4845
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
More importantly her real name wound up being totally unimportant because despite the hints that she was actually an important historical figure, she just wound being a random slave girl.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 16:33   Link #4846
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
More importantly her real name wound up being totally unimportant because despite the hints that she was actually an important historical figure, she just wound being a random slave girl.
The two aren't mutually exclusive. She could have been important after getting Geass. She did have several centuries to do it in, after all.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 17:04   Link #4847
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Virginia, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
We don't know what CC's real name is because the creators of Code Geass never released it.
Maybe they intended for her name to remain a mystery?
__________________


Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 23:00   Link #4848
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
I think they might have.
It's one of the few things that I've not read much about when it comes to Code Geass.
Does anyone here know of any quotes or statements made by either Okouchi or Taniguichi with relation to CC's real name?
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 09:25   Link #4849
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
Maybe they intended for her name to remain a mystery?
well, I actually asked this since there are a lot of rumours that her name already revealed in Code Geass : Shikkoku no Renya (I don't read the manga)

is it a rumour or truth??
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 10:12   Link #4850
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Virginia, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
well, I actually asked this since there are a lot of rumours that her name already revealed in Code Geass : Shikkoku no Renya (I don't read the manga)

is it a rumour or truth??
Its most likely a rumor cause this place and other places probably would have been buzzing about it.
__________________


Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 07:58   Link #4851
rinichan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Spoiler for Help CC, ifyou just like it...:
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 15:34   Link #4852
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Does anyone here know of any quotes or statements made by either Okouchi or Taniguichi with relation to CC's real name?
Only that if we heard her first name it would basically reveal everything about her.

Which again, seemed not to be the case since she was a random slave girl, which nobody could see coming.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 09:11   Link #4853
rinichan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
You cant deny this fact...

just to correct anyone...

I ask my Japanese friend something and this is what she told me... about the interviews and stuff we read all around the net...

Quoted from a Japanese fan:
Code geass is not a one man made item, if I'm not wrong the story itself is made by 26 more directors, and the people here in the net only credit two directors, O and T.

So dont trust what ONE director tells you, ok?
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 19:30   Link #4854
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
To be perfectly blunt, your friend doesn't know what they're talking about. Gorō Taniguchi is the lead director and Ichirō Ōkouchi is the lead writer. The individual episodes are almost all written by Ōkouchi, and though there are many directors, they have little to no impact on the actual story. That isn't their job. Their job is to fit it into the timeslot.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 16:21   Link #4855
Yamiken
Philosophos Basileus
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Finchley, London
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to Yamiken Send a message via Skype™ to Yamiken
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Lelouch and CC are more like Watanuki and Yuko from XXXholic.

I've always perceived their relationship as one where she's somewhat of his surrogate mother or spiritual guide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
The whole relationship thing with Lelouch is hard to determine at times. I think he defenitely cares for all 3 girls (Shirley, Kallen, and C.C.). A lot of it is ambiguous though and he has shown an attraction to all of them. However this may not always be romance as Lelouch has a very sympathetic nature and I think sometimes people use that as some decleration of love.

As for the C.C. relationship, I think of it more as a partnership/deep friendship/trusting kind of relationship other than a romantic one. He is sometimes caught in romantic positions with her, as part of the shows comedy, but there are few serious undertones of a possible love relationship. They do undoubtfully care for each other, but I wouldn't put it as far as romantic love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Oh lol, it always did strike me at this kind of relationship as well. Even Clamp's pictures of them are similar to Yuuko and Watanuki's ones.

I wonder if it's the fact Yuuko looks older than Watanuki which stop people from shipping them. When you think that ironically, C.C. is meant to be way older.

Anyway yeah, definitely this kind of relationship. C.C. could have been as awesome as Yuuko, had they choose to give her more to do than eating pizza.
If there is a new CG, whatever it is, they'd better work on a better BG for the girl, it was so wasted. Tchhh.
See now, whilst I do kind of see what people are talking about when they say this sort of thing (well, less so with reference to the Yuuko/Watanuki comparison, given that I've neither read nor seen xxxHolic), I don't think there's no romantic element to their relationship whatsoever. If there weren't, you wouldn't have scenes like the cave scene after the Battle of Narita - that didn't, to me, speak of a purely parental relationship. Moreover, C.C. kisses Lelouch at the end of season 1. On the lips. That's not simply parental, or companionable, or whatever; that's saying, 'I have romantic feelings for you, which is why I want you to come back'. Now, maybe the romantic side to their relationship isn't one that would be fated to end well even if Lelouch weren't a more or less celibate hero, but that doesn't mean it's not there. Personally, I believe that Lelouch and C.C. could work as a couple in the right circumstances. But it would seem that relatively few people share that belief.

I do sadly think that the discussion is impaired by the lack of meaningful development C.C. got in R2, which, having reflected on the matter, is probably my biggest complaint with the season. We didn't get nothing, true; we got some detail on her past (but not as much as we'd like), and we got that interesting part where she lost all her post-Geass memories (but that didn't really get explored as much as it could have been). But other than that... not a lot. She felt pretty out-of-focus to me throughout most of R2, which is a crying shame because during season 1, she was my favourite character. Now? Still one of my favourites, but she might have lost out on the top position to Lelouch, who did get development in R2. As I say, a shame.
Yamiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 13:58   Link #4856
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
The kiss from C. C. was to get a memory imprint from Lelouch, that she would use to restore his memories in Turn 1 of R2 by kissing him again.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 14:05   Link #4857
Yamiken
Philosophos Basileus
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Finchley, London
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to Yamiken Send a message via Skype™ to Yamiken
... so goes your theory, anyway. Is that ever explicitly stated anywhere in the canon? Because I honestly don't remember it.
Yamiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 03:39   Link #4858
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Someone else on the boards here said it. Not sure where it came from, but it's plausible enough, since that's where Lelouch regains his memories.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 11:06   Link #4859
Yamiken
Philosophos Basileus
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Finchley, London
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to Yamiken Send a message via Skype™ to Yamiken
Except for the fact that at the time of the first season finishing, the plans for the second season, such as they were, were vastly different; certainly, they didn't include a timeskip or Lelouch losing his memories. So even if the kiss at the end of season 1 was retconned into being what you say, it can't have been meant that way at the time; I personally prefer to regard it as having nothing to do with that.

As for Lelouch regaining his memories, I reckon C.C. could've accomplished that with any sort of contact. Why a kiss? For the same reason as the first, of course! That and fanservice. Wait, that is the same reason as the first. Nevermind.

Jokes aside, I do believe that C.C. has the ability to negate Geass. Possibly all Code-holders do, but C.C. almost certainly. Why? Well, recall Jeremiah. Now, his cybernetic components are all very nifty, but remember what the original purpose of his modifications was stated to be? To artificially produce a being like C.C.. That's where he gets his immunity to Geass from... yet somehow he's also gotten a Geass-canceller added to the mix. How can that be? Well, seems pretty natural if that was one of the abilities of C.C.'s that Bartley and his scientists were trying to replicate. Now, clearly it doesn't work in quite the same way; C.C. seems to need contact to do just about anything, whilst Jeremiah's Geass-canceller works at some considerable range. On the flip-side, Jeremiah doesn't seem to have gotten in on any of that immortality business, even if he is clearly incredibly tough to kill. (That said, even if he were immortal or even just had good regenerative capabilities, that would explain how he too was able to survive being plunged to the bottom of the ocean at the end of season 1.)

Code Geass has always been frustratingly coy with details of how the Code works. All we really know about it is the following: it makes its bearer immortal (of the regenerating sort), it makes him or her immune to Geass, it gives him or her the ability to grant Geasses, and it can be transferred to one such grantee who has used his or her Geass enough for the sigil to have activated in both eyes, though the mechanics of this transfer are maddeningly unclear (it seems that the Geass-user is the one who must initiate the transfer, but is that really the case? How does the transfer itself work? What does it look like? Does the former immortal begin to expire immediately afterwards, or are they just mortal again, to die like any other human? Both immortals seen to lose their Code (V.V. and the nun) have died soon afterwards, but this seems to be of natural wounds...). That's it. It's never stated that they have no other abilities (though we do know that they lose their Geass), and certainly V.V. seems to accomplish some very strange things during season 1 (Kaminejima, anyone?), even if that is with the help of the Thought Elevator. Who's to say that negating Geass isn't something they can do? Or that they don't have unique abilities, and that negating Geass happens to be something C.C. can do? It's all left very open, but that's my interpretation of things.
Yamiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 11:40   Link #4860
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa
Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Someone else on the boards here said it. Not sure where it came from, but it's plausible enough, since that's where Lelouch regains his memories.
I remember seeing that in one of the old threads. It was a magazine scan like those episode synopsis. Won't bother looking for it since it'll take too long.
__________________
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.