AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-23, 23:43   Link #501
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Death would be a really lame thing for her to be wishing for all this time, but it's very likely I think.
I dunno if it's really all that "lame". Immortally if odten enough portrayed in fiction as being rather the overrated thing - because sooner or later, life'd get too boring, or you'd grow tired of the "pain of existence" as such. Which is why many immortals in fiction are portrayed as seeking a way to die or otherwise get freed of their immortally.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 08:21   Link #502
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
I dunno if it's really all that "lame". Immortally if odten enough portrayed in fiction as being rather the overrated thing - because sooner or later, life'd get too boring, or you'd grow tired of the "pain of existence" as such. Which is why many immortals in fiction are portrayed as seeking a way to die or otherwise get freed of their immortally.
^aha thats what you think. society just doesnt want us to know how great immortality is. all this blabber about how it sucks is just to PREVENT us from finding a way to be immortal

Duh, everything makes sense now! we've been fooled for too long, i command you all to fight back!
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 10:06   Link #503
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
You're right, death should be the only thing C.C. should desire after all the pain and torture she has been through. She has no reason to want to live and probably wants to see all her loved ones. She probably has some long lost lover from long ago who she promised to reunite with someday.

I just was thinking death shouldn't always be the option one should take and that perhaps they should try to enjoy life for once and find happiness. That's probably asking for too much though since it's obvious C.C. isn't going to recieve any real happiness as long as she is alive.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 10:23   Link #504
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
I just was thinking death shouldn't always be the option one should take and that perhaps they should try to enjoy life for once and find happiness. That's probably asking for too much though since it's obvious C.C. isn't going to recieve any real happiness as long as she is alive.
Lelouch just needs to throw some love her way
Old 2008-05-24, 10:24   Link #505
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Like that has a high chance of happening. I'm not sure if just him would be incentive for her to stay when she has been after this wish for so long long.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-24, 10:36   Link #506
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourredine View Post
Lelouch just needs to throw some love her way
Not to fuel any fires; but I'm quite sure Mao invalidated this possibility.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 10:43   Link #507
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Not to fuel any fires; but I'm quite sure Mao invalidated this possibility.
Not to put out any fires; but have you seen how Mao behaves? Nina's nothing compared to him, I don't blame C.C for abandoning Mao.

C.C on the other hand, obviously is glad Lelouch is around, if it's for the wish or something else (I'm not caring at the moment to explain since this isn't what that is about) as seen her smiling in ep 7.
if lelouch just hints a bit that he would like C.C to stay with him, I could see her staying.
Old 2008-05-24, 10:47   Link #508
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Not to put out any fires; but have you seen how Mao behaves? Nina's nothing compared to him, I don't blame C.C for abandoning Mao.

C.C on the other hand, obviously is glad Lelouch is around, if it's for the wish or something else (I'm not caring at the moment to explain since this isn't what that is about) as seen her smiling in ep 7.
if lelouch just hints a bit that he would like C.C to stay with him, I could see her staying.
lol when does Lelouch hints tha he wants CC to stay with him? Nothing at all yet. need to get your facts straight my friend. Lelouch thinks CC is important. yes i do believe that since he needs CC for the geass. But nothing about him wanting for her to stay with him. I guess you can say his need is a want. but i don't know about that. Feels like a stretch.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 10:49   Link #509
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
lol when does Lelouch hints tha he wants CC to stay with him? Nothing at all yet. need to get your facts straight my friend.
I never said he already hinted it, it's called creating an expectation
Old 2008-05-24, 10:52   Link #510
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Well, Lelouch did want C.C. to stay by his side when he attempted to Geass her during the Mao incident, refusing to let her go.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 11:00   Link #511
Var
Banned

Quote:

Not to reingite the fires but who's fault is it that the child that gave C.C. unconditional love turned into a psycho? I'll give you a hint, its a two letter acronym and it starts with C. And I do blame C.C. for Mao because she's the one who made him.

She's glad Lelouch stays around, that's nice, she does need him for whatever it is she was discussing with Marianne. Oh and she smiled, ooh, must mean she cares deeply for him. Last I checked, she was smiling for Mao too. And if anyone anywhere needed her to stick around, it was him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
Well, Lelouch did want C.C. to stay by his side when he attempted to Geass her during the Mao incident, refusing to let her go.
Liability.
Old 2008-05-24, 11:06   Link #512
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192
^aha thats what you think. society just doesnt want us to know how great immortality is. all this blabber about how it sucks is just to PREVENT us from finding a way to be immortal

Duh, everything makes sense now! we've been fooled for too long, i command you all to fight back!

I see what you mean, and I think all of us dream about immortally at some point or another. but... Let's see you live a few hundred years during which you're: killed multiple ways (shoot, burnt, drowned, etc, etc), tortured and used like a guneia pig/lab rat by people who wants to know the secret behind your immortally - would then you still feel all that eager to live?
And then there's also the matter of that as an immortal.. you would lose people. Sooner or later, you might view people as similar to mayflies who could only stay with you for a short while. Well, if you're already quite anti-social or evne an hermit this might not matter, but still... . Anyway, there's severla points agaisnt immortally on the whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday
You're right, death should be the only thing C.C. should desire after all the pain and torture she has been through. She has no reason to want to live and probably wants to see all her loved ones. She probably has some long lost lover from long ago who she promised to reunite with someday.

I just was thinking death shouldn't always be the option one should take and that perhaps they should try to enjoy life for once and find happiness. That's probably asking for too much though since it's obvious C.C. isn't going to recieve any real happiness as long as she is alive
Well, on the whole, her existence has been a painful one, which is probably as good a reason as any for her to want to end it, if that is indeed her intention. We'll see what becomes of her though...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 15:51   Link #513
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Don't try to argue that C.C. wants love or anything because you'll just get you're arguments comepletey ripped apart as they point out how C.C. turned Mao into a monster and then left him without a care in the world.

There's no point in really arguing about that at all since it can't be won and you'll always be wrong.

She probably wants to die anyway.

Old 2008-05-24, 17:29   Link #514
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Liability.
He could have just commanded her to forget everything about him, that would have solve the problem too - not to mention it's more reliable IMO.

Quote:
Not to reingite the fires but who's fault is it that the child that gave C.C. unconditional love turned into a psycho? I'll give you a hint, its a two letter acronym and it starts with C. And I do blame C.C. for Mao because she's the one who made him.

She's glad Lelouch stays around, that's nice, she does need him for whatever it is she was discussing with Marianne. Oh and she smiled, ooh, must mean she cares deeply for him. Last I checked, she was smiling for Mao too. And if anyone anywhere needed her to stick around, it was him.
So cynical.

Mao is partly the reason why C.C is afraid of getting to involved with Lelouch.

But try as she does to avoid feelings for Lulu, her heart will go where ever it wants, whether she want it to or not.

I can see it now, C.C wish is to gain mortality, she will spend the rest of her days with Lelouch, and at the end of it all they will leave the world together in each other's arms. ;_;

LOL, maybe I'm gettin ahead of myself here.
Old 2008-05-24, 17:38   Link #515
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
He could have just commanded her to forget everything about him, that would have solve the problem too - not to mention it's more reliable IMO.

So cynical.

But try as she does to avoid feelings for Lulu, her heart will go where ever it wants, whether she want it to or not.

I can see it now, C.C wish is to gain mortality, she will spend the rest of her days with Lelouch, and at the end of it all they will leave the world together in each other's arms. ;_;

I think the order may have had to do with the fact that she was his only confident at that point.

Well, the point is that the entire reason Mao became the way he was is because of her giving him the Geass. Of course, I don't think she planned on him going insane and she actually tried to ease his pain by seperating him from people, though this had the opposite effect and drove him to kill people.

This could probably be the reason she likes being distant from Lelouch and seemed worried about getting close to him because it could result in the same thing that happened to Mao happening with him.

I still don't think it's mortality she wants. That is a nice scenario though, as unlikely as it is.

Old 2008-05-24, 17:52   Link #516
Var
Banned

Quote:
Can't Geass C.C..

Quote:
So cynical.

My point is that Mao's actual love which we don't have to hypothetically pull out of our asses, did nothing for Mao or her, other than eventually get him killed and give her endless feelings of guilt/regret. This 'try as she might' nonsense is getting annoying; especially on a character notorious for having become quite calous. You don't just suddenly go head over heels for someone after living for nigh a millenia and having experienced all the shit the world has had to throw at you. If she develops any feelings that are genuinely romantic, they will be pretty obvious to her and everyone else. Whether or not she embraces them won't have anything to do with her 'heart' but with her mind, hence her character archetype.

Quote:

I can't see that. Especially with all the emotional baggage she's carrying. The point of her immortality is that anything: troublesome, sad, or happy, passes with time. Becoming mortal really negates that positive aspect and what you get is a woman with so much emotional baggage that you'd wonder how she hasn't commited suicide yet.

And... its a rather odd end to a contract that requires only that Lelouch remain alive. Something like cancelling out immortality would require far more... effort... wouldn't you think?
Old 2008-05-24, 17:54   Link #517
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

So she's screwed in the end no matter what. We get it.

Old 2008-05-24, 17:57   Link #518
Var
Banned

Quote:
So she's screwed in the end no matter what. We get it.
When did I say such nonsense? I'm not the one bringing up the idea that she has some desire to become mortal. No one ever, anywhere, said she wants to become mortal or that her contract has anything at all to do with the idea. For all we know her contract could be to give her a boquet of rare flowers. There's utterly nothing bad about such an end.

You're the one putting 'screwed' on everything.
Old 2008-05-24, 18:00   Link #519
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

That's generally the feel all of this gives off. Sorry. The general point of all that is that she can never be happy unless she is dead in the end and that living will never allow her to be happy and that love has no power to change anything.

And it hasn't been made clear she doesn't want to be mortal either, though I doubt it as well.

Old 2008-05-24, 18:02   Link #520
Var
Banned

Quote:
That's generally the feel all of this gives off. Sorry. The general point of all that is that she can never be happy unless she is dead in the end and that living will never allow her to be happy and that love has no power to change anything.

And it hasn't been made clear she doesn't want to be mortal either, though I doubt it as well.
I may be mistaken, but when has C2 ever said that she's not happy as she is now? V2 seems quite content, why can't C2 be content?

My point about any indication towards mortality, is that while they may not have said she doesn't want to become mortal, they haven't really been throwing all that much at us to suggest that she wants it. So while its a nice hypothetical, its based on less than nothing.