AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-06-26, 13:05   Link #941
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by She-Chan View Post
Maybe She wanted him to be able to protect himself, maybe Charles threatened her to do something
I'm not sure it's that simple and Charles doesn't seem the type to threaten people. He always seemed the direct type to me. And it seems that before the attack, Marianne recieved some disks that had been sent by Charles, though I don't know the details exactly on that.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 13:21   Link #942
She-Chan
Anime no Tono
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: England
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to She-Chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I'm not sure it's that simple and Charles doesn't seem the type to threaten people. He always seemed the direct type to me. And it seems that before the attack, Marianne recieved some disks that had been sent by Charles, though I don't know the details exactly on that.
What happened between Charles and Marianne seems like a big mystery, I wonder if everything would be revealed or not
__________________
She-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 13:41   Link #943
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
I think they'll reveal everything that needs to be known to make sense of things. I'm not expecting the truth about Marianne and C.C. to be a good thing though.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 18:33   Link #944
Esper 28
Akira
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Side 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
She was watching them under Marianne's request.
Please cite your source for this because this has not been confirmed by anything I know of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I'm not sure it's that simple and Charles doesn't seem the type to threaten people. He always seemed the direct type to me. And it seems that before the attack, Marianne recieved some disks that had been sent by Charles, though I don't know the details exactly on that.
And I disagree. Charles seems to be the type of guy that will do whatever it takes to get things done. He's no honorable person where his opponent will see everything that's coming. I also think that he's the type of guy that likes to flex his muscles--in other words, he likes it when he makes a threat and people cower in fear. After all, in his mind, he's the "strongest" and that alone gives him the right to rule over the "weak".
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 18:36   Link #945
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
And I disagree. Charles seems to be the type of guy that will do whatever it takes to get things done.
Not really. He believes in power above all else, and I don't think he sees getting anything without fighting for it is in his views. He seems to be very blunt compared to the type that would threaten. If he doesn't like something, he will crush that opposition into the dust head on rather than just scare them with threats.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 18:46   Link #946
Esper 28
Akira
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Side 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Not really. He believes in power above all else, and I don't think he sees getting anything without fighting for it is in his views. He seems to be very blunt compared to the type that would threaten. If he doesn't like something, he will crush that opposition into the dust head on rather than just scare them with threats.
Well, I think it all depends on your interpretation of "power". For me, there are varying forms of power. There is the first form, which would be power through mere commands. For example, Charles says stand on one leg, you stand on one leg and don't ask questions. However, you can only exert that power over those already submissive to your rule. The second form would come by the way of a threat. For instance, Charles says stand on one leg, you either refuse or he knows you'll refuse, and then Charles says stand on one leg or else. Suddenly, you're standing on one leg. And then the final form of power would be to forcibly make someone stand on their leg and, you're right, when Charles has to use force, he will pummel you into the ground until you only have one leg to stand on, thus ensuring you'll stand on one leg like he asked.

I think Charles is smart, not a brute. He has been portrayed as scheming and conniving, not mindless and violent.

EDIT: However, this is a C.C. thread and if you'd like to continue discussing Charles, either you or Dann, we should do so through P.M.'s. I'll gladly entertain any discussion that way.

Last edited by Esper 28; 2008-06-26 at 18:47. Reason: Additional schtufff...
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 21:59   Link #947
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
Please cite your source for this because this has not been confirmed by anything I know of.



And I disagree. Charles seems to be the type of guy that will do whatever it takes to get things done. He's no honorable person where his opponent will see everything that's coming. I also think that he's the type of guy that likes to flex his muscles--in other words, he likes it when he makes a threat and people cower in fear. After all, in his mind, he's the "strongest" and that alone gives him the right to rule over the "weak".
*sigh* Fine. One of the Sound Episodes. I can't remember which, but it was the one where Lelouch is looking to Nunnally because she disappears. There was other info, but I'd need to check with someone like Koshimizu. You can go ahead and not believe me if you want though.

Well, I didn't mean it like that. I meant he wouldn't bother with threats and just do it. I don't think we know enough about him though to be sure though.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 00:46   Link #948
Esper 28
Akira
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Side 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
*sigh* Fine. One of the Sound Episodes. I can't remember which, but it was the one where Lelouch is looking to Nunnally because she disappears. There was other info, but I'd need to check with someone like Koshimizu. You can go ahead and not believe me if you want though.
*sigh* If you were clearer with what is fact and what is your opinion, you wouldn't have to cite your sources. However, you're infamous for spouting off your OPINIONS as though they are FACT.

Besides, are "sound episodes" even considered canon with the anime?
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 04:11   Link #949
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In His Majesties Service.
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
*sigh* If you were clearer with what is fact and what is your opinion, you wouldn't have to cite your sources. However, you're infamous for spouting off your OPINIONS as though they are FACT.

Besides, are "sound episodes" even considered canon with the anime?
They are canon. They're basically just side material. They're nothing like the light novel or the manga.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 08:39   Link #950
Avira
fanart-fan :D
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany

Looks like we'll get some C.C. screen-time soon
__________________
Avira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 09:35   Link #951
Tormenk
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gaf's Room
Indeed. The change in hair color aside, C.C. was once a Geass user too. Not to mention having it in the same eye as Lelouch did.
__________________


"A life without change is akin to death."

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 12:29   Link #952
Avira
fanart-fan :D
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
her hair is probably just dirty.It wouldn't make sense if her body were scratched and dirty and her hair not.
__________________
Avira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 12:38   Link #953
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In His Majesties Service.
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
her hair is probably just dirty.It wouldn't make sense if her body were scratched and dirty and her hair not.
Or could just be used to reflect a change in her outlook/personality.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 01:46   Link #954
x81ublu8x
Names mean nothing
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sydney
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to x81ublu8x
I'd rather some info on Anya and C.C. not Marianne and C.C.
x81ublu8x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 01:51   Link #955
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SC, USA
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post

Looks like we'll get some C.C. screen-time soon
a young CC hmmm awesome
__________________
hanseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 02:52   Link #956
x81ublu8x
Names mean nothing
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sydney
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to x81ublu8x
Not really, Anya is better and she is still young.
x81ublu8x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 04:30   Link #957
Esper 28
Akira
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Side 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post

Looks like we'll get some C.C. screen-time soon
Wow, now that is interesting.

Well, we all knew she was a normal girl before she became immortal. I wonder if being a Geass user is a pre-requisite for becoming part of the Cult. Also, who gave C.C. her Geass?

And I realize there probably isn't any real information on the page, but does anyone have the time to translate it? I'm dying to know what it says, even if it's nothing of real relevance.

Still, awesome image and I can't wait for it to get explained.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 04:33   Link #958
x81ublu8x
Names mean nothing
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sydney
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to x81ublu8x
Maybe she her wish is passing the 'immortal buck' onto Lelouch which is why she gave the Geass, or his Geass grows so strong he Geass's her into making him immortal.
x81ublu8x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 09:39   Link #959
She-Chan
Anime no Tono
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: England
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to She-Chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
And I realize there probably isn't any real information on the page, but does anyone have the time to translate it? I'm dying to know what it says, even if it's nothing of real relevance.

Still, awesome image and I can't wait for it to get explained.
me too. I think that Taniguchi and Ōkouchi won't reveal everything now ,they will reveal one by one but the big surprise would be reveal in the last episode or the one before.
__________________
She-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 09:51   Link #960
hooyahooya
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
Wow, now that is interesting.

Well, we all knew she was a normal girl before she became immortal. I wonder if being a Geass user is a pre-requisite for becoming part of the Cult. Also, who gave C.C. her Geass?

And I realize there probably isn't any real information on the page, but does anyone have the time to translate it? I'm dying to know what it says, even if it's nothing of real relevance.

Still, awesome image and I can't wait for it to get explained.
could the gods be the ones who gave C.C. the geass?
EDIT: That's not logic, if the gods gave C.C. the geass then they must be the ones who gave V.V. the geass then why does V.V. want to kill them? to stop the geass from spreading???
hooyahooya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.