AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-13, 05:50   Link #1181
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In The Farplane
The point with Mao's type of love is kinda like how if you show some wacko some kindness and they obsessively love you. Its basically obsession/desperation not actual love
__________________
Endrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 06:02   Link #1182
Esper 28
Akira
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Side 3
There are many different types of love. I don't think Mao loved C.C. in the, "I wanna have a family with you" way. I think he loved her in the, "You're the only one who can take care of me" way.

In other words, there wasn't a romance between Mao and C.C., but a love that was different than that. Of course, for Mao it came across as creepy stalker dude, but that was because he was strung out as a result of his Geass. He wanted her to be with him in order to take care of him, in order to comfort him, and because nobody else could do these things for him. At least, that was my whole take on the relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
The point with Mao's type of love is kinda like how if you show some wacko some kindness and they obsessively love you. Its basically obsession/desperation not actual love
I don't think that's fair to Mao. C.C. raised and nurtured him. I feel like you're comparing it to giving a bum on a dollar and then he follows you for several blocks begging for more. It's not like that at all and I kind of feel bad for Mao that you think of it that way.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 06:03   Link #1183
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In The Farplane
Dont get me wrong i feel for mao too but i think he needed c.c because he didnt have anyone else his powers wouldnt work on
__________________
Endrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 06:05   Link #1184
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
Dont get me wrong i feel for mao too but i think he needed c.c because he didnt have anyone else his powers wouldnt work on
But he still loved her, as Esper said. In no way am I saying he loved her romantically, but he did love her like a child loves it mother.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 06:08   Link #1185
Esper 28
Akira
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Side 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
Dont get me wrong i feel for mao too but i think he needed c.c because he didnt have anyone else his powers wouldnt work on
I think you're right, but I don't think that means that what he felt wasn't true love. Think of it this way, if an orphaned child with, say, a disability, is taken by a woman living alone and raises that child because, truth be told, nobody else wants to raise him, does that mean the feelings he feels for his adoptive mother aren't real? Just because she's the only one he has, doesn't mean his feelings are false or any less authentic than the child who has everyone in the world taking care of him.

I'll agree that having only one person doesn't exactly make for an optimal psychological situation, but it doesn't make his feelings invalid.

You know, I almost brought up the Hitchcock film Psycho while talking to Mao. Perhaps I should have because I think it's somewhat applicable to Mao, no?
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 06:10   Link #1186
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In The Farplane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
I think you're right, but I don't think that means that what he felt wasn't true love. Think of it this way, if an orphaned child with, say, a disability, is taken by a woman living alone and raises that child because, truth be told, nobody else wants to raise him, does that mean the feelings he feels for his adoptive mother aren't real? Just because she's the only one he has, doesn't mean his feelings are false or any less authentic than the child who has everyone in the world taking care of him.

I'll agree that having only one person doesn't exactly make for an optimal psychological situation, but it doesn't make his feelings invalid.

You know, I almost brought up the Hitchcock film Psycho while talking to Mao. Perhaps I should have because I think it's somewhat applicable to Mao, no?
I never looked at it that way but you explaining it actually makes me see your point
__________________
Endrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 17:20   Link #1187
Asleep
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Ep.14 disagrees with you as well. As I said, there is no shown foreshadowing for Kallen changing sides.
But the OP shows that. Why put Kallen with Gino and Anya? Then the OP might be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
A start allows for many ends, an end requires a start. You cannot say what would have happened when you don't know. Kallen's actions opened the door for a lot of possibilities, one of them being the fireworks. For all we know, if the fireworks hadn't happened, Lelouch could have found another reason and Shirley might not be dead now. Possibilities are infinite when you have a starting point.
Even if Kallen hadn't stopped him, a lot of things could have happened to save him. Maybe Rolo was waiting for Lelouch to finish talking to Kallen.Then, Rolo would have stopped him from taking refrain. Or his thoughts could have distracted him suddenly. Or someone else could have come and stopped him, who didn't, because they saw Kallen over there.

Probabilities are unlimited at any given time. Many beginnings can reach the same end. I can write a whole book on what ifs. Which is why I am saying both were important. It could have played out in infinite number of ways with infinite starting points and outcomes. A lot of things could have happened but they didn't. We are talking about what did happen. And there, both the scenes were important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
As I said, the meaning of words has to have some logical backing to considered as the reason for the words being spoken. C.C.'s line to Mao, for instance, undermines possible romantic undertones to her conversations with Lelouch because the line shows that she has an agenda and that her heart has pretty much frozen over. This only applies to moments before it, so everything before Ep.15 likely had another purpose. And, as I said, the cave scenes seems more indicative of Kallen's perpetually developing jealousy than some sort of lovers bond between Lelouch and C.C..
Kallen was jealous, but something made her jealous. She saw that there is a close connection between Lelouch and C.C. Even in the episode she gets captured, she gets jealous of him discussing his plans with her. Lelouch and C.C. are close (they are partners, even if professional). It could still be foreshadowing her jealousy and Lelouch's and C.C.'s growing bond.

C.C. is not cold, she acts cold. She thinks she doesn't have anything to live for. She thought no one could care for her. Remember when she said Lelouch was the first one to ever thank her? I think that scene establishes a love triangle.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post

They can't save Lelouch and C.C. for the last episode because it would have utterly no development. Right now, no pairing has much development and if everything were to end and that pairing occur I'd laugh. Things need to occur between the characters to make it believable, as such, they cannot be saving everything for the end if they want a C.C. end.
C.C. played a much bigger role in the 14th episode. She might play an active role now. Everything isn't going to end at the 14th episode. There still might be room for development. There is nothing romantic going on now. They might even chuck the whole thing, and leave Lelouch single at the end.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I'm not quite sure how you can use that to argue against Mao loving C.C.. If she hadn't given him the powers but had still picked him up off the streets, he'd have still come to love her. She was his mother, no ifs ands or buts. The power he was given simply turned his love into an obsession, as those two can often cross borders. Unless you mean that if the two had never met under the circumstances he'd have not come to love her... which is a duh. Everything is about coincidence of encounter in this show.



It was love. Just like how the stalker once loved the person they stalked. It was love, but was driven perverse by separation. That is what happened to Mao. He loved her so much so that his love turned into an obsession.

Little Mao did love C.C., though he had no choice but to love her. He wasn't able to form any relationship with anyone else. He wouldn't have needed her as much if he didn't have his geass. He wouldn't have become so attached to her, if he was able to interact with other people. It wouldn't reach to madness, if there were other people in his life.

A stalker never loved the person they stalked. Not being able to live without someone is one thing, but to go out and harm them is completely different. If someone can drive a person that insane, that they want to kill them if they don't want to be with them, then they need to see a shrink.

According to me love is when you are able to give the person some space, not smother them for your own needs. Obsession is selfish love, hence I wouldn't call it love. They don't care about the other person, as long as their needs are being served. That is what Mao had become.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
So then how can you argue that she is at all interested in Lelouch?
I don't think she intended to fall in love with him. Marianne teases her about Lelouch, but she always ends it with that can't possibly happen, it's just a contract, nothing else. There have been many instances of this. She is just lying to herself.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 19:43   Link #1188
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I don't think she intended to fall in love with him. Marianne teases her about Lelouch, but she always ends it with that can't possibly happen, it's just a contract, nothing else. There have been many instances of this. She is just lying to herself.
You get Marianne teasing her for "loving Lelouch" when such things have only been brought up to her by the "Third Person" in season one, and seemingly the recent conversation in Turn 14 which also brought up the issue of Lelouch doing things... is also with the "Third Person"?

Pretty every one of Marianne's conversations with C.C. have been about her caring for Lelouch when she should, not teasing or "love". The teasing we've seen so far has been from the "Third Person" (Stage 12 and possibly Turn 14) and V.V. (Stage 19).

Though, I'm beginning to suspect that we're going to see who this "Third Person" soon, considering if if was indeed him/her that C.C. was talking to in Turn 14, then C.C. asking when he/she was going to enter the fray and do something actually suggests some future activity and maybe even exposure.
__________________
Tokkan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 20:23   Link #1189
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Look, C.C. doesn't love Lelouch. She never did and never will. So stop. Please stop trying to put forth a lie. I'm starting to think C.C. is going to kill Lelouch and have herself die anyway.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 20:25   Link #1190
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In The Farplane
C.C did seem kinda jealous about Lelouch going on a date with shirley... im just sayin
__________________
Endrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 20:27   Link #1191
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SC, USA
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Look, C.C. doesn't love Lelouch. She never did and never will. So stop. Please stop trying to put forth a lie. I'm starting to think C.C. is going to kill Lelouch and have herself die anyway.
hahahaha that's so untrue
__________________
hanseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 20:31   Link #1192
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
C.C did seem kinda jealous about Lelouch going on a date with shirley... im just sayin
And that means something important? It was back in season 1 anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
hahahaha that's so untrue
Which part? Can you prove me wrong? C.C. talked of ending the Geass lineage. She can finish off herself and Lelouch and get rid of it for good. Nothing is going to happen. It's not possible for it to happen. It never was in the first place except fans seeing something that was never there in the first place. Back in season 1 it was possible. It isn't anymore. Nothing will happen.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 20:37   Link #1193
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
You're being far too pessimistic to be credible. Though she may not love him, she cares for him. Centuries of life may have made her fairly flippant about the fact, but nevertheless she has demonstrated on a number of occasions (Lelouch being depressed, for example).

It's good that you have your opinion and all, but you try being a little less aggressive about it. You're not absolutely right until it happens.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 20:41   Link #1194
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
I'm not pessimistic. I'm realistic. All I really see is her taking care of her ticket to her wish being granted.

And I'm right about LelouchXC.C. not happening and never really having any sort of chance. No one is going to argue with that except for the few here who actually still support that pairing.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 20:50   Link #1195
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I'm not pessimistic. I'm realistic.
I'm sorry Dann but if you ask anyone on this forum that knows you they' most likely say your a pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
And I'm right about LelouchXC.C. not happening and never really having any sort of chance. No one is going to argue with that except for the few here who actually still support that pairing.
No your not, stop talking as if you have any proff at all, all you base your arguement is on your clouded opinion. Maybe if you actually had credible proof or a good arguement it would be more correct but you don;t.

The fact that your saying your right pisses me off, your not a God or omnicient so stop saying bull shit like that. You don't know anything more than any other person on this site and that is a fact. you don't know nothing about how Code Geass is going to end and you sure as hell don't know anything about what the writer of Code Geass is thinking.
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 20:52   Link #1196
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
And I'm right about LelouchXC.C. not happening and never really having any sort of chance. No one is going to argue with that except for the few here who actually still support that pairing.
You're not right until the writers say you're right at the end of the series.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 20:55   Link #1197
hayato
Datte...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jersey
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to hayato
Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
You're not right until the writers say you're right at the end of the series.
Well I read somewhere no third season is happening, or maybe I got the information wrong... but I think people can speculate the outcome in the next 3-4 episodes. Also, I don't believe C.C. is interested in Lelouch, maybe support/friendship thoughts, thats about it.
__________________

...Yes...
hayato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 21:00   Link #1198
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
I'm sorry Dann but if you ask anyone on this forum that knows you they' most likely say your a pessimist

No your not, stop talking as if you have any proff at all, all you base your arguement is on your clouded opinion. Maybe if you actually had credible proof or a good arguement it would be more correct but you don;t.

The fact that your saying your right pisses me off, your not a God or omnicient so stop saying bull shit like that. You don't know anything more than any other person on this site and that is a fact. you don't know nothing about how Code Geass is going to end and you sure as hell don't know anything about what the writer of Code Geass is thinking.
It's the same thing as being a realist.

No, I base my argument on the fact that nothing has happened, he hates her, and several other things. Do you have anything to say I'm not right? You're in the minority here of people who do then.

Look, if they were going to have something happen, there would have been at least a hint of it. Anything. and Lelouch hates Geass and her now. Nothing is going to happen. Hell, I would love to be wrong. But it isn't very likely to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
You're not right until the writers say you're right at the end of the series.
You honestly think there is even a sliver of a chance that happening at all? After finding out he hates her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayato View Post
Well I read somewhere no third season is happening, or maybe I got the information wrong... but I think people can speculate the outcome in the next 3-4 episodes. Also, I don't believe C.C. is interested in Lelouch, maybe support/friendship thoughts, thats about it.
No, there is no third season.

She isn't interested in him either. You are one of many who saw reality.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 21:03   Link #1199
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
Spoiler for ep 14:
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 21:05   Link #1200
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Why are you using spoiler tags? And we've known she could eat that much for a while.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.