AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-16, 11:59   Link #1321
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
It is not the end yet. It's in the middle. There was practically nothing romantic between Yuuichi and Ayu in Kanon and then they just put them together. At least here if he goes with C.C. (or Kallen) it won't be that rushed.
It won't be rushed at all if he ends up with Kallen. If the pieces fall into place right it will even be the expected ending, but as it stands the expected ending is 'no one' because the pieces are still in the air and the safest guess is usually the best. Ockham's Razor. As for C.C., as I said, the likelihood of that occurring is dropping because this is nearing the end of Code Geass. This is not the middle, this is the final 3/4 of the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
And many things were revealed only in the end, in Harry Potter. Although they both belong to the fantasy genre. Lord of the Rings wasn't a mystery book, it fell more into the adventure category. While Code Geass has been mysterious from the start.
Harry Potter is shit-literature in comparison to everything ever. It is not to even be remotely considered as anything but an example of how not to end a story. If you wanted to cite an actual story that keeps the secrets till the very end, then you'd probably want to mention the Dark Tower series. Where the true secrets did not come out until the end of the final book.

Code Geass is to a degree about mystery, but the overall story is about the struggles of people to change the world. That is what Code Geass is about. Much like LotR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Doesn't even matter anymore? You are kidding right? The writers said they purposely didn't give it out before, because then we'd be able to guess everything. I doubt ep 15 will tell us everything. Code Geass has always been more like Lost. While they might give out something, they will definitely keep stuff for later. Anyway, I'll be happy if they do reveal everything this week, but I don't think it's likely.
Ugh. To who C.C. is now, it does not matter what her name was. To the audience it matters, to C.C. it does not. She is now C.C.. I don't give a damn and two cents about the audience (which is what the writers are referring to) and giving everything away. I am talking about what it means to the characters. To Lelouch and C.C. it doesn't mean anything because that is no longer her name, she is now C.C..

Code Geass is nothing like Lost in any way, shape, or form. Could we stop trying to make comparisons to things that are not the same? This about as silly as saying this is like Orwell's 1984.

I actually think they will reveal everything about C.C., especially if it falls as a C.C. centric episode. At which point, the remaining secrets of Geass don't even have to come from her. They could come from Charles, V.V., or some random Geass user. So... Kallen still comes in later in terms of interaction with Lelouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
They are all important but Lelouch and C.C. are the main ones and maybe Suzaku; though I'd like to ignore that...
No, if even by the simple fact of how little focus C.C. has had this season. She is no more a main character than Suzaku or Kallen. The only dominant main character is Lelouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
There would be no rebellion if there was no one to give him geass.
Addressed. The only thing C.C. did was facilitate the Rebellion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I said the same thing to my friend who said they would watch till Spain put 1 goal in the euro finals
Uh hu...
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 13:07   Link #1322
Avira
fanart-fan :D
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
No matter what it is called, Geass plays a very important role, and C.C. is the key to that. If we knew everything about C.C. already the whole show would be spoiled, apparently, that's probably why she hasn't had much to do yet. They are saving her for the grande finale. At least that's what I think; it would make sense.
And in this "grande finale" as I like to call it, Kallen doesn't necessarily have a (big) part. After all, what does she have to do with Geass?

I imagine something like this: There is a big war going on and Kallen is fighting, doing her best(dramatically of course, ANIME-.-), while Lelouch and C.C. are somewhere in that...uh.. place wherever V.V. and the emporer are.
I think the main characters are Lelouch, C.C., Suzaku/Kallen and maybe Emporer/Nunally/V.V.. And I don't mean who has the most screen time. No, I mean who is really important.

Lelouch is the main character(duh), C.C. the witch/Geass giver that pretty much started the whole thing and is one of the shows mysteries, Suzaku is the counter part of Lelouch and they have an interesting relationship(friendship+hate), Kallen is the "ace" Knight, the Emporer and V.V. the "bad guys" and Nunally the reason why Lelouch is doing this.

In any way, Kallen may have had more "quantity", but C.C. has more "quality".
__________________
Avira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 13:10   Link #1323
Avira
fanart-fan :D
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I said the same thing to my friend who said they would watch till Spain put 1 goal in the euro finals
Oh yes, I remember the deathly silence after that game
__________________
Avira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 13:38   Link #1324
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
No matter what it is called, Geass plays a very important role, and C.C. is the key to that. If we knew everything about C.C. already the whole show would be spoiled, apparently, that's probably why she hasn't had much to do yet. They are saving her for the grande finale. At least that's what I think; it would make sense.
C.C. is not the only key to that, there are two others keys present. Charles and V.V. and as we've seen, Charles role in revealing the truth to his son has been increasing. Hell, even Orange is a key into the secrets of Geass now.

It is illogical to say that they are saving her for the end when this next episode is about Geass. Charles said it himself, this was the time for atonement, which means that the truth will be revealed. One cannot atone without truth. Take in the fact that, also, this next episode is likely C.C. centric, I cannot see how they can be saving her for a finale when they are about to shell her out next episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
And in this "grande finale" as I like to call it, Kallen doesn't necessarily have a (big) part. After all, what does she have to do with Geass?
Then you must not have paid attention. Kallen is not involved, but she's trying to be involved. Someone has to save Lelouch from his self-destructive war on Geass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
I imagine something like this: There is a big war going on and Kallen is fighting, doing her best(dramatically of course, ANIME-.-), while Lelouch and C.C. are somewhere in that...uh.. place wherever V.V. and the emporer are.
I think the main characters are Lelouch, C.C., Suzaku/Kallen and maybe Emporer/Nunally/V.V.. And I don't mean who has the most screen time. No, I mean who is really important.
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
In any way, Kallen may have had more "quantity", but C.C. has more "quality".
I chuckled. Kallen has had more of an impact on the whole pairing debate in ten episodes than C.C. had in an entire season. I think you've switched the words, Kallen has had all that much quantity, she's simply made the best of the time she gets around Lelouch. Her screen time with Lelouch, baring Episode 7, has been the same as C.C. with Lelouch for Season 2. Let's not get started on how much time C.C. spent with Lelouch in S1.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 13:40   Link #1325
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
No matter what it is called, Geass plays a very important role, and C.C. is the key to that. If we knew everything about C.C. already the whole show would be spoiled, apparently, that's probably why she hasn't had much to do yet. They are saving her for the grande finale. At least that's what I think; it would make sense.
And in this "grande finale" as I like to call it, Kallen doesn't necessarily have a (big) part. After all, what does she have to do with Geass?

I imagine something like this: There is a big war going on and Kallen is fighting, doing her best(dramatically of course, ANIME-.-), while Lelouch and C.C. are somewhere in that...uh.. place wherever V.V. and the emporer are.
I think the main characters are Lelouch, C.C., Suzaku/Kallen and maybe Emporer/Nunally/V.V.. And I don't mean who has the most screen time. No, I mean who is really important.

Lelouch is the main character(duh), C.C. the witch/Geass giver that pretty much started the whole thing and is one of the shows mysteries, Suzaku is the counter part of Lelouch and they have an interesting relationship(friendship+hate), Kallen is the "ace" Knight, the Emporer and V.V. the "bad guys" and Nunally the reason why Lelouch is doing this.

In any way, Kallen may have had more "quantity", but C.C. has more "quality".
Geass may play an important role in the plot, but it is not the only thing in the plot. What constitutes a main character is not merely their place in the plot but also by how much the plot is driven by the character, their impact on other characters through interations and particularly their impact on the main character. So far in R2 C.C's role has been decreased and her impact on anything that is not geass related and particularly Lelouch's character development has been minimal at best.

I am not suggesting that C.C isn't important, but rather that it does not help her chances in the end if her involvement begins and ends with geass and has cut back from meaningful interaction with Lelouch. Of the three female characters, C.C Shirley and Kallen, C.C is the one with the least character development with Lelouch during the pivitol moments of his character in R2.

Also if the only major part that C.C is getting is in this "Grande" finale then it would lack the proper buildup. Saving her for the end is fine for the mysteries that surround her character, although it does get annoying when we are over three quarters into the series and essentially we know little more about her and the contract then we did at the start of season one though that is going to change next episode and I digress, but it still a poor excuse to ignore the development between Lelouch and the other two girls while C.C has been stagnating with little importance to add because the geass plot has not come up yet.

And assuming that she does get romantic development during the next episode as well, we still have Kallen's resolution lingering about that has yet been addressed. With C.C's past possibly being addressed next episode that may well be her part in the geass plot aside from the contract before we get into the Emperor's and V.V's god killing.

Edit: whoops sorry for butting in Var
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 14:09   Link #1326
Asleep
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
It won't be rushed at all if he ends up with Kallen. If the pieces fall into place right it will even be the expected ending, but as it stands the expected ending is 'no one' because the pieces are still in the air and the safest guess is usually the best. Ockham's Razor. As for C.C., as I said, the likelihood of that occurring is dropping because this is nearing the end of Code Geass. This is not the middle, this is the final 3/4 of the show.
There hasn't been anything to show Lelouch loves Kallen. Whereas for LelouchxC.C. we have 1st season's overly discussed 'snow is pretty' and 'you are not alone, if you are a witch I'll become a warlock'. For me if they go with Kallen and Lelouch it will be strange. And it's not the final arc. That will probably be from the 17th or 18 episode.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Harry Potter is shit-literature in comparison to everything ever. It is not to even be remotely considered as anything but an example of how not to end a story. If you wanted to cite an actual story that keeps the secrets till the very end, then you'd probably want to mention the Dark Tower series. Where the true secrets did not come out until the end of the final book.

Code Geass is to a degree about mystery, but the overall story is about the struggles of people to change the world. That is what Code Geass is about. Much like LotR.
I didn't ask for your opinion on literature. So I am not going to comment on that.
In any case you got my point - mysteries can exist in any genre.

Lord of the rings didn't belong to the mystery category, while Code Geass always did. If it was like you told, we would have known everything geass related from the start. It's not like Lord of the Rings where we knew everything from the start, except how it would play out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Ugh. To who C.C. is now, it does not matter what her name was. To the audience it matters, to C.C. it does not. She is now C.C.. I don't give a damn and two cents about the audience (which is what the writers are referring to) and giving everything away. I am talking about what it means to the characters. To Lelouch and C.C. it doesn't mean anything because that is no longer her name, she is now C.C..
I didn't say if it mattered to C.C. or Lelouch. They have kept her name hidden up till now, it means they like keeping secrets from us.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Code Geass is nothing like Lost in any way, shape, or form. Could we stop trying to make comparisons to things that are not the same? This about as silly as saying this is like Orwell's 1984.
I think it is similar. No one stopped you from thinking otherwise. Both the shows like to give out little information, and keep the big revelations for later. And each episode stands well on it's own. Both also are strong on characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I actually think they will reveal everything about C.C., especially if it falls as a C.C. centric episode. At which point, the remaining secrets of Geass don't even have to come from her. They could come from Charles, V.V., or some random Geass user. So... Kallen still comes in later in terms of interaction with Lelouch.
Are you serious about this? You almost sound like Dann - C.C. will have no point after the 15th episode She is still the one who made a contract with Lelouch. She will still be his partner. So she will still be very essential. The fact that she has played such a minor role so far, increases her chances for a bigger role now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
No, if even by the simple fact of how little focus C.C. has had this season. She is no more a main character than Suzaku or Kallen. The only dominant main character is Lelouch.
I don't know. Lelouch and C.C. are partners, not Lelouch and Kallen. She still has to fulfill whatever wish she has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
No matter what it is called, Geass plays a very important role, and C.C. is the key to that. If we knew everything about C.C. already the whole show would be spoiled, apparently, that's probably why she hasn't had much to do yet. They are saving her for the grande finale. At least that's what I think; it would make sense.
And in this "grande finale" as I like to call it, Kallen doesn't necessarily have a (big) part. After all, what does she have to do with Geass?
I agree. You Kalulu fans can call it bad writing or whatever you please. But that they have ignored her so far only proves they are saving it for later.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I chuckled. Kallen has had more of an impact on the whole pairing debate in ten episodes than C.C. had in an entire season. I think you've switched the words, Kallen has had all that much quantity, she's simply made the best of the time she gets around Lelouch. Her screen time with Lelouch, baring Episode 7, has been the same as C.C. with Lelouch for Season 2. Let's not get started on how much time C.C. spent with Lelouch in S1.
Because there was no debate then. Until last season it was obvious it was LelouchxC.C And everything in the Kallen and Lelouch scenes, have only shown Kallen's feelings for Lelouch. They have been developing her love for him, not the other way round. He doesn't even miss her! Shirley didn't die for 2 episodes after Kallen was captured. So don't tell me he had a lot on his mind. If they were trying to build Kallulu they would have shown something from his side. Don't bring up the "I'll rescue you for sure" again, because he would have done it for any of his friends. If anything, Lelouch ending up alone might be a big possibility.

Even if C.C.'s past is addressed in the next episode her wish still remains. She is not going anywhere.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 14:21   Link #1327
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
What we need is some more C.C loving in this thread lol
Bennyswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 16:07   Link #1328
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 25
Can't be helped, the Kallen fans are aggressive muscleheads who will shoot down any of that in any thread.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 17:51   Link #1329
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
There hasn't been anything to show Lelouch loves Kallen. Whereas for LelouchxC.C. we have 1st season's overly discussed 'snow is pretty' and 'you are not alone, if you are a witch I'll become a warlock'. For me if they go with Kallen and Lelouch it will be strange. And it's not the final arc. That will probably be from the 17th or 18 episode.
For the love of something that is holy. There is no evidence that Lelouch loves anyone. There is none. None. None. None. None. That is purely spewing verbal diarrhea to be telling me that Lelouch has shown any 'love' towards anyone that isn't Nunally or dead. He cares for his friends, C.C. is a friend, but that is all. There has been no showing of him loving C.C..

And I'm sorry, but if we're going to be throwing around lines of supposed 'love', I might as well throw out the fact that Lelouch compared Kallen to Nunally in terms of precious things, but I'll address this later as it falls into another point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I didn't ask for your opinion on literature. So I am not going to comment on that.
In any case you got my point - mysteries can exist in any genre.
I didn't say that was my opinion, that is the vastly agreed on opinion. My personal opinion of Harry Potter is that it was decent, ended awfully. Mysteries cannot exist in every genre. That is an argumentative fallacy. They can exist in most genres not in all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Lord of the rings didn't belong to the mystery category, while Code Geass always did. If it was like you told, we would have known everything geass related from the start. It's not like Lord of the Rings where we knew everything from the start, except how it would play out.
That is not in any form what I said... but ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I didn't say if it mattered to C.C. or Lelouch. They have kept her name hidden up till now, it means they like keeping secrets from us.
My point is that the affects on the audience mean diddly squat if they had no affect on the characters. Lelouch knows her name, but he doesn't use it. C.C. knows her name, but she doesn't want to be called by it. They don't care. That is my point, it being revealed won't be some big + for C.C.xLelouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I think it is similar. No one stopped you from thinking otherwise. Both the shows like to give out little information, and keep the big revelations for later. And each episode stands well on it's own. Both also are strong on characters.
Then I might as well compare every action movie to Conan because every action movie follows a similar formula.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Are you serious about this? You almost sound like Dann - C.C. will have no point after the 15th episode She is still the one who made a contract with Lelouch. She will still be his partner. So she will still be very essential. The fact that she has played such a minor role so far, increases her chances for a bigger role now.
I did not say that she will have no point, nowhere in my post is any such bullshit written. All I said is that, Ep.15, will be when she will be shelled out. Not at the end of the series, not five episodes from now, but on Sunday. The rest of my point stands because it is, in fact, true. The secrets of Geass are not solely for C.C. to share because she isn't the only person who knows them. Charles knows, V.V. and Orange also know. What is wrong with my point that, aside from her own past, C.C. has no monopolized secret about Geass? Can you point one out? Her role after that is her contract and what that entails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I don't know. Lelouch and C.C. are partners, not Lelouch and Kallen. She still has to fulfill whatever wish she has.
And Lelouch still has to fulfill his promise to Nunally, C.C., and Kallen. If the promise between Lelouch and C.C. makes them partners, then so does the promise between Lelouch and Kallen. That is only fair. Not to mention that just like how C.C. has a lot riding on Lelouch, so does Kallen. Both women have their hopes riding on his back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I agree. You Kalulu fans can call it bad writing or whatever you please. But that they have ignored her so far only proves they are saving it for later.
No it doesn't. It proves that they haven't needed it for these last 14 Episodes. They could very well just tell us everything Sunday and kill C.C. for all we know. You have no time frame of guarantee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Because there was no debate then. Until last season it was obvious it was LelouchxC.C And everything in the Kallen and Lelouch scenes, have only shown Kallen's feelings for Lelouch. They have been developing her love for him, not the other way round. He doesn't even miss her! Shirley didn't die for 2 episodes after Kallen was captured. So don't tell me he had a lot on his mind. If they were trying to build Kallulu they would have shown something from his side. Don't bring up the "I'll rescue you for sure" again, because he would have done it for any of his friends. If anything, Lelouch ending up alone might be a big possibility.

Even if C.C.'s past is addressed in the next episode her wish still remains. She is not going anywhere.
The Romance Debate thread disagrees with you, posthaste. There was no obvious last season because there was barely any development of that subplot. There were 'possible' developments but none of them have yet to turn into anything concerning some romance and have developed into other things.

And you've got your facts wrong, Ep.11 when he takes China, Lelouch curses Suzaku for taking Nunally and Kallen, and even lists her as a precious thing. This is what I was speaking of at the beginning of all this. Also, tell me, how often does Lelouch speak of Nunally? He loves her more than anyone and yet she is only mentioned when he starts to plan for her. The same is applicable for Kallen. Lelouch has never been shown to worry about things that are not within his power. (Completely ignoring that part of his reason for going to Japan was to find Kallen.) I didn't even have to mention the differed promise that you're so hung up on as being 'applicable to all his friends', as there was further material shown... hence proving your point wrong.

Her wish could be solved at the end of Ep.15, you have no proof otherwise. Everything from here on is subjectivity and as such is not something I will even bother discussing.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 18:15   Link #1330
Avira
fanart-fan :D
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
There hasn't been anything to show Lelouch loves Kallen. Whereas for LelouchxC.C. we have 1st season's overly discussed 'snow is pretty' and 'you are not alone, if you are a witch I'll become a warlock'. For me if they go with Kallen and Lelouch it will be strange. And it's not the final arc. That will probably be from the 17th or 18 episode.

Because there was no debate then. Until last season it was obvious it was LelouchxC.C And everything in the Kallen and Lelouch scenes, have only shown Kallen's feelings for Lelouch. They have been developing her love for him, not the other way round. He doesn't even miss her! Shirley didn't die for 2 episodes after Kallen was captured. So don't tell me he had a lot on his mind. If they were trying to build Kallulu they would have shown something from his side. Don't bring up the "I'll rescue you for sure" again, because he would have done it for any of his friends. If anything, Lelouch ending up alone might be a big possibility.

Even if C.C.'s past is addressed in the next episode her wish still remains. She is not going anywhere.
I believe you are right. The two people Lelouch has shown feelings for were C.C. and Shirley. But he never showed real effection for Kallen. You're also right about him seemingly not missing Kallen all too much. Did he even think about her? Maybe I just forgot(that happens...). Please remind me before I get my hopes up high...

However I do believe he has feelings for C.C.. He probably just doesn't know it(come on, we're talking about Lelouch here, that daft boy). If she were captured I think he would at least spare a thought about her-.-. I mean, she is always there talking to him, helping him; she is the only one who truly knows everything about him, he would notice her absense(remember that scene where he had all these dates and he asked himself:" Where is C.C. now when I need her help?!" or something like that^^). Kallen doesn't know him like that.
__________________
Avira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 18:17   Link #1331
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
He only wanted C.C. because he is inept at romance and she's not.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 18:22   Link #1332
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Him not missing Kallen much is due to the poor and awkward way they wrote her off. Nobody in the Order seems worried about her, nevermind Lelouch.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 18:45   Link #1333
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
I believe you are right. The two people Lelouch has shown feelings for were C.C. and Shirley. But he never showed real effection for Kallen. You're also right about him seemingly not missing Kallen all too much. Did he even think about her? Maybe I just forgot(that happens...). Please remind me before I get my hopes up high...

However I do believe he has feelings for C.C.. He probably just doesn't know it(come on, we're talking about Lelouch here, that daft boy). If she were captured I think he would at least spare a thought about her-.-. I mean, she is always there talking to him, helping him; she is the only one who truly knows everything about him, he would notice her absense(remember that scene where he had all these dates and he asked himself:" Where is C.C. now when I need her help?!" or something like that^^). Kallen doesn't know him like that.
Var addressed those points in his post right above yours, but just for conversation sake, when has Lelouch ever shown any romantic feelings towards C.C or Kallen for that matter.

Lelouch mentioned one of his reasons for going back to Area 11 was to look for Kallen. And how often to we see Lelouch drop his Zero persona in front of others like when Kallen was taken prisoner? How is that not caring? Lelouch is just not one to drown himself in thoughts of things that are beyond his reach for the moment. You going to argue that Nunally is not important to him because he hasn't been thinking about her all the time as well? He also grouped Kallen in with the "precious things" that Suzaku has taken from him, like Nunally, how is that not caring?

Kallen may not know everything about Lelouch but just knowledge does not build a relationship. Who was the one that was able to pull Lelouch from the deeper part of his depression and who was the one hefting his Zero mask talking to someone else about not caring as long as Lelouch is alive. Loving someone means loving not just his life, Lelouch was about to lose his mind and C.C did not care enough to go talk to him. Kallen understood enough about him to know that he would possibly need someone to talk to after Nunally's speech, where he might go and concerned enough to go after him.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 01:28   Link #1334
Asleep
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
For the love of something that is holy. There is no evidence that Lelouch loves anyone. There is none. None. None. None. None. That is purely spewing verbal diarrhea to be telling me that Lelouch has shown any 'love' towards anyone that isn't Nunally or dead. He cares for his friends, C.C. is a friend, but that is all. There has been no showing of him loving C.C..
Maybe not love, but he practically said C.C. is beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
And I'm sorry, but if we're going to be throwing around lines of supposed 'love', I might as well throw out the fact that Lelouch compared Kallen to Nunally in terms of precious things, but I'll address this later as it falls into another point.


Then Shirley is also like Nunally because he was pretty devastated after her death. They are all like Nunally now, everyone is important to him since ep 7. He even tells Shirley he doesn't want to lose anyone anymore. That would explain why he didn't want Kallen captured.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I didn't say that was my opinion, that is the vastly agreed on opinion. My personal opinion of Harry Potter is that it was decent, ended awfully. Mysteries cannot exist in every genre. That is an argumentative fallacy. They can exist in most genres not in all.
What should it matter what many people think? I don't need the world to tell me what to like.

Should have worded it better...I meant most when I said all so it's ok


Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
That is not in any form what I said... but ok?
ok


Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
My point is that the affects on the audience mean diddly squat if they had no affect on the characters. Lelouch knows her name, but he doesn't use it. C.C. knows her name, but she doesn't want to be called by it. They don't care. That is my point, it being revealed won't be some big + for C.C.xLelouch.
That was not my point. I said if they have yet to reveal her name, they are holding out on us until later. That makes C.C. important. Beacuse they have purposely kept stuff for later.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Then I might as well compare every action movie to Conan because every action movie follows a similar formula.
When something is popular there are always comparisons.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I did not say that she will have no point, nowhere in my post is any such bullshit written. All I said is that, Ep.15, will be when she will be shelled out. Not at the end of the series, not five episodes from now, but on Sunday. The rest of my point stands because it is, in fact, true. The secrets of Geass are not solely for C.C. to share because she isn't the only person who knows them. Charles knows, V.V. and Orange also know. What is wrong with my point that, aside from her own past, C.C. has no monopolized secret about Geass? Can you point one out? Her role after that is her contract and what that entails.
She alluded to knowing something, before killing off the cult members in the last episode. "With this probably Lelouch and me..."



Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
No it doesn't. It proves that they haven't needed it for these last 14 Episodes. They could very well just tell us everything Sunday and kill C.C. for all we know. You have no time frame of guarantee.
haha I doubt they will kill her off on Sunday. Lelouch specifically asked her the contract details in the last episode. She refused to tell. Like I said, they are holding out on us. She may die in the last episode but she is not going anywhere yet.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
The Romance Debate thread disagrees with you, posthaste. There was no obvious last season because there was barely any development of that subplot. There were 'possible' developments but none of them have yet to turn into anything concerning some romance and have developed into other things.
I wasn't there last season but with how much they had focused on Lelouch and C.C., I don't think anyone really thought of Kallen having a chance.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
And you've got your facts wrong, Ep.11 when he takes China, Lelouch curses Suzaku for taking Nunally and Kallen, and even lists her as a precious thing. This is what I was speaking of at the beginning of all this. Also, tell me, how often does Lelouch speak of Nunally? He loves her more than anyone and yet she is only mentioned when he starts to plan for her. The same is applicable for Kallen. Lelouch has never been shown to worry about things that are not within his power. (Completely ignoring that part of his reason for going to Japan was to find Kallen.) I didn't even have to mention the differed promise that you're so hung up on as being 'applicable to all his friends', as there was further material shown... hence proving your point wrong.
He thought of Nunnally when Shirley spoke about love. They had also devoted an entire episode to show how much Nunnally could affect him. So there is no point in comparing Nunnally to Kallen. Nunnally will easily win. And he does talk about Nunnally every now and then. Also before episode 7, she was always on his mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Her wish could be solved at the end of Ep.15, you have no proof otherwise. Everything from here on is subjectivity and as such is not something I will even bother discussing.
I think her wish is too important to be solved in one episode. She wants to help Zero achieve his goals, only then will she talk of her wish.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 02:04   Link #1335
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Maybe not love, but he practically said C.C. is beautiful.
... So? Complementing someone doesn't necessarily have romantic connotations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
She alluded to knowing something, before killing off the cult members in the last episode. "With this probably Lelouch and me..."
We have no idea what she was going to say. She could be saying it's their "end", "contract", "where we part ways", etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
haha I doubt they will kill her off on Sunday. Lelouch specifically asked her the contract details in the last episode. She refused to tell. Like I said, they are holding out on us. She may die in the last episode but she is not going anywhere yet.
The fact that they brought up the wish suggests it may be revealed quite soon, along with a lot of C.C.'s past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I wasn't there last season but with how much they had focused on Lelouch and C.C., I don't think anyone really thought of Kallen having a chance.
After rewatching season 1 several times, I can solidly conclude that, barring that kiss at the end, there is no implication of romance. Even then, we now know the kiss isn't anything romantic. Most of Lelouch and C.C.'s interactions in the first season were about solidifying their partnership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
He thought of Nunnally when Shirley spoke about love. They had also devoted an entire episode to show how much Nunnally could affect him. So there is no point in comparing Nunnally to Kallen. Nunnally will easily win. And he does talk about Nunnally every now and then. Also before episode 7, she was always on his mind.
Lelouch is romantically inept, he can't distinguish between passionate romantic love (which was Shirley was referring to) and familial love (which was what he was thinking about). Nunnally was closest to him for a long while. He considered his half-sister Euphy to be his "first love". And it's probably a fault in his upbringing, for more than half his life he never interacted on a friendly level with anyone who wasn't royalty. So he treats everyone he cares for as if they were family.
__________________
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 02:28   Link #1336
Asleep
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
... So? Complementing someone doesn't necessarily have romantic connotations.
For Lelouch it might have been. When did he ever tell someone else they look beautiful?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
After rewatching season 1 several times, I can solidly conclude that, barring that kiss at the end, there is no implication of romance. Even then, we now know the kiss isn't anything romantic. Most of Lelouch and C.C.'s interactions in the first season were about solidifying their partnership.
Looking back at it, yes. But at that time it was different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Lelouch is romantically inept, he can't distinguish between passionate romantic love (which was Shirley was referring to) and familial love (which was what he was thinking about). Nunnally was closest to him for a long while. He considered his half-sister Euphy to be his "first love". And it's probably a fault in his upbringing, for more than half his life he never interacted on a friendly level with anyone who wasn't royalty. So he treats everyone he cares for as if they were family.
That is what I was saying. Just because he promised to rescue Kallen, it doesn't prove he likes her more than a friend.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 02:41   Link #1337
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
That is what I was saying. Just because he promised to rescue Kallen, it doesn't prove he likes her more than a friend.
I say that conversely there's no proof that he doesn't like her more than a friend. It's all up for interpretation.
__________________
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 09:19   Link #1338
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
For Lelouch it might have been. When did he ever tell someone else they look beautiful?

That is what I was saying. Just because he promised to rescue Kallen, it doesn't prove he likes her more than a friend.
And just because he said a line that implies he thinks she is beautiful does not prove they are more then partners. If you are going to use the fact that Lelouch said something he normally would not have to try to link his feelings romantically with C.C then kindly do the same for Kallen as well. He dropped his Zero persona in front of other people inorder to say all that to Kallen when she was captured, since when has he ever dropped his Zero persona in front of the Black Knights and over the radio?
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 09:22   Link #1339
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Looking for CG Writers email addresses
Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Can't be helped, the Kallen fans are aggressive muscleheads who will shoot down any of that in any thread.
Hey! Putting it that way makes it difficult to refute without sounding like an aggressive musclehead. With that being said.... Don't "F" with Kallen, or Ill come over and knock your "Chicklets" out your mouth
__________________
KDF Kallen Defense Force
Verist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 09:28   Link #1340
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
Hey! Putting it that way makes it difficult to refute without sounding like an aggressive musclehead. With that being said.... Don't "F" with Kallen, or Ill come over and knock your "Chicklets" out your mouth
Don't bother, if contesting a point one doesn't agree with makes one a muscle head then so be it. I'd rather not resort to name calling or generalizations on the fanbase to make my point.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.