AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-31, 09:39   Link #1661
True Warrior
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juken Club, Todo Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
I do so too. As moe as the new C.C. is, I find her cold attitude more appealing
I don't, especially when it was played out, this one is a lot more honest
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 09:41   Link #1662
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
I do so too. As moe as the new C.C. is, I find her cold attitude more appealing
I like Moe C.C. a lot : , but my favorite pairing will not happen if she not regains "at least" some parts of her memory
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 09:42   Link #1663
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
I don't, especially when it was played out, this one is a lot more honest
Fair enough, I just have a thing for cold girls Call me weird, I just do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I like Moe C.C. a lot : , but my favorite pairing will not happen if she not regains "at least" some parts of her memory
I understand that, as I root for her as well
__________________
Stargaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 09:45   Link #1664
True Warrior
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juken Club, Todo Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I like Moe C.C. a lot : , but my favorite pairing will not happen if she not regains "at least" some parts of her memory
But wasn't the whole point of losing her memory before geass is that she can begin life a new, that's why she's not immortal anymore and can live life to its fullest now, her old personality looked very much like she was sick of life and couldn't stand being alive even though she didn't display any scorn towards it but was very much fed up and now she has the oppurtunity to start over.
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 09:57   Link #1665
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
But wasn't the whole point of losing her memory before geass is that she can begin life a new, that's why she's not immortal anymore and can live life to its fullest now, her old personality looked very much like she was sick of life and couldn't stand being alive even though she didn't display any scorn towards it but was very much fed up and now she has the oppurtunity to start over.
I don't really want to get into too long a debate, it is getting late =.= So I'll just state my thoughts.

I see her memory loss as a cost of losing geass, not her wish to begin again. Her immortality has nothing to do with her unhappiness; it was her geass. She cannot distinguish between those who truly love her for who she is or those who are under control of her geass. Her being fed up with life is due to the long term effect of geass: her inability to recognise love. Now she has found what she is looking for, whether she loses her memory or not -I believe- will both complete her wish. It is not necessary for her to lose her memory to find happiness.
__________________
Stargaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 10:14   Link #1666
Ring
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
She did not choose to lose her memories on her own. It was because of the interruption of the Code transferring and the bombardment of the SoA that caused this.

Notice that the light started to glow in the background of the SoA after Charles' and C.C.'s odd tango pose to signify that Charles was beginning the Code transfer. After Lelouch's speech with C.C., she pushes Charles away and the light stops (Code transfer interrupted). At this point she still has her memories intact. If she didn't, she wouldn't have have the knowledge to use that control panel to remove the floating metal objects from Lelouch. After Lelouch starts to bombard the SoA, we see that usual clock, mindless people wandering, and weird cloud of skulls. The new part was the veins which looked like C.C.'s mind reversing itself from this bombardment.

C.C. interrupting the Code transferring process on the SoA didn't have immediate effects. Lelouch wrecking the SoA did.

I hope she regains her memory and we can see a cross between her honest/former personality. We saw moments which showed her honest side from S1 to S2. The cold facade she puts on is because of the bitterness she was enveloped in from the experiences she had.

The other reason is because that declaration by Lelouch to C.C. was to her former sadden and cynical self. Her current self is an entity of the past who has no idea about this promise. I think it would be more fitting for her former self to be smiling honestly if Lelouch is going to accomplish what he said.
Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 10:21   Link #1667
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Looking for CG Writers email addresses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
Fair enough, I just have a thing for cold girls Call me weird, I just do



I understand that, as I root for her as well
I understand, I'm like them cold and bitchy and I'm not kidding.

As far the old C.C. being "played out", I could not disagree more. That was what made her character interesting, now she is relegated into being just another Moe character, which are all over the place. I hope they fix her by the end of the series, because when the giant battle is going on, I don't want to see any scenes teaching her to use the phone or something like that.
__________________
KDF Kallen Defense Force
Verist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 10:29   Link #1668
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I don't even understand why people call CC "moe". She's fearful like a beaten dog. Just looking at her make me feel guilty.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 10:35   Link #1669
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
I understand, I'm like them cold and bitchy and I'm not kidding.

As far the old C.C. being "played out", I could not disagree more. That was what made her character interesting, now she is relegated into being just another Moe character, which are all over the place. I hope they fix her by the end of the series, because when the giant battle is going on, I don't want to see any scenes teaching her to use the phone or something like that.
To me though the old C.C was just too static, her cold mysterious character trait could only go so far but they put off on her development especially around geass for too long which just stagnated her character.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 10:52   Link #1670
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Looking for CG Writers email addresses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
To me though the old C.C was just too static, her cold mysterious character trait could only go so far but they put off on her development especially around geass for too long which just stagnated her character.
I understand what you are saying, but there was always the hope of something warming up her deposition and expressing herself. New C.C. went to far in my opinion, just way to much of a shift. Its like when I used to be married, my ex was extremely cold, even her sisters used to ask how I put up with her. I replied, its for the times when she is nice to me, they seem sweeter.

I think people would have melted if old C.C. would have had a "moment" and gave Lelouch a genuine hug or something. New C.C., is just to contrived.
__________________
KDF Kallen Defense Force
Verist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 11:01   Link #1671
True Warrior
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juken Club, Todo Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
I understand what you are saying, but there was always the hope of something warming up her deposition and expressing herself. New C.C. went to far in my opinion, just way to much of a shift. Its like when I used to be married, my ex was extremely cold, even her sisters used to ask how I put up with her. I replied, its for the times when she is nice to me, they seem sweeter.

I think people would have melted if old C.C. would have had a "moment" and gave Lelouch a genuine hug or something. New C.C., is just to contrived.
....no there isn't, moe C.C. forever
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 12:10   Link #1672
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
I understand what you are saying, but there was always the hope of something warming up her deposition and expressing herself. New C.C. went to far in my opinion, just way to much of a shift.
They shafted C.C. then, after a big episode, shifted her so far off in the other direction, that they reshafted her. Her character has simply been sidelined for most of the story, hell, even Kallen while sidelined has been getting developed towards the future of the plot, they just left C.C. on the side.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 12:14   Link #1673
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
They shafted C.C. then, after a big episode, shifted her so far off in the other direction, that they reshafted her. Her character has simply been sidelined for most of the story, hell, even Kallen while sidelined has been getting developed towards the future of the plot, they just left C.C. on the side.
Yess Var the person I was looking for (not really).

I got a question in the korean spoilers do they say

Spoiler for C.C?:
__________________
Bennyswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 12:15   Link #1674
True Warrior
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juken Club, Todo Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyswan View Post
Yess Var the person I was looking for (not really).

I got a question in the korean spoilers do they say

Spoiler for C.C?:
That was the band-aid apparently
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 12:18   Link #1675
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
That was the band-aid apparently
Ahhh, darn it.

Hopefully when the war is over Lelouch will replace it.
__________________
Bennyswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 13:38   Link #1676
True Warrior
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juken Club, Todo Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyswan View Post
Ahhh, darn it.

Hopefully when the war is over Lelouch will replace it.
Me too, Kallen could be the flower girl
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 19:45   Link #1677
donyusufahmed
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
That was the band-aid apparently
can't say yet, saw the extended preview and she was looking at that same finger, it just might be the ring
donyusufahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 23:16   Link #1678
raxel
Kamigami Sochi
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
yah i was kinda wonder that too it looked like a ring at first and i was thinking wtf kinda ring is that i mean where does lelouch get the time to get a ring i mean kaguya could probably get one in a snap of her fingers but lelouch giving c.c a ring is kinda weird i mean he's dealing with the fact that he can't believe his dad is alive

and i've been wonder what happened to c.c's immortality geass like i mean the brit emperor has one on his hand now but where did c.c's go we know the emp got his from v.v but where did c.c's go?
raxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 04:54   Link #1679
Avira
fanart-fan :D
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
well she was bleeding, so he probably gave her a band-aid. A ring wouldn't make as much sense...sadly
__________________
Avira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 07:04   Link #1680
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In His Majesties Service.
Age: 30
Was C.C.'s wish to be loved or to find "romantic" love?

Also i can't see ChiChi returning to the old C.C. You don't just butcher someones character like that for no good reason only to flip them back to the way they were 10 EPs later.

Even if she did return to pre memory loss C.C. if she retained those memories(which it would be pointless if she didn't) she would be at the very least altered by the experience.

Either way old C.C. is gone for good even if she gets her memories back.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.