AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-29, 00:01   Link #2881
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastya View Post
well that was the producers that decided who gets what lines. So lets blame all of Suzaku's faults on them instead. they need to die to redeem Suzaku

So from now on, every bad guy in all the mangas and animes, it's not their fault. It's the mangaka and producers who made them that way.

Damn if it wasn't for the fact that we need action, conflict, drama, etc.
You misunderstand me.

I was actually giving you that "argument" (or accepting it).

Suzaku literally did not even voice anything at all in regards to the whole thing but then again he said very little.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 01:27   Link #2882
m1thril

Quote:

And as for objectivity, its like walking in the middle of the road, perfect way to get hit by both sides of traffic.
i completely disagree...most of the time i've had good conversations with moderate LL fans and i've never seen them get bashed by suzaku fans...if they're willing to admit flaws in LL, then most suzaku fans are willing to admit flaws in suzaku
m1thril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 05:03   Link #2883
canis

Quote:
well that was the producers that decided who gets what lines. So lets blame all of Suzaku's faults on them instead. they need to die to redeem Suzaku
Would you mind not putting words in other people's mouths?

Quote:
So from now on, every bad guy in all the mangas and animes, it's not their fault. It's the mangaka and producers who made them that way.

Damn if it wasn't for the fact that we need action, conflict, drama, etc.
Nobody was trying to blame the writers...

One thing strikes me funny though with the whole "political marriage" thing though.
Sacrifices in war are acceptable, because it accomplishes goals...
Political marriages are well-established way to gain wealth and influence, on the level of families/clans and on a much larger scale as well.
Not only that, but Zero saw the merit when Diethard proposed to marry Tianzi to a Japanese.
When Suzaku accepts Schneizel's plan he's as evil as they come?
I know that in the end Lelouch changed his mind due to heavy opposition from his female crew, but it's not as if marriage arrangements of that sort couldn't bring 2 countries closer together.
Compared to Lelouch's "evilness" (for lack of a better word) it was a very romantic decision.
canis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 05:39   Link #2884
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Spoiler for ep.12:
Old 2008-06-29, 05:41   Link #2885
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Spoiler for ep.12:
And here all of you people have been going "Onoes mindwipe!!!1!1"
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 05:42   Link #2886
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And here all of you people have been going "Onoes mindwipe!!!1!1"
Seriously, it's an obvious route which got buried in our conspiracy theories. Suzaku is, after all, Nunnally's white Knight.
Old 2008-06-29, 05:45   Link #2887
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for ep.12:
Does he actually have any way to deny her from visiting, well without raising suspicion anyway. Maybe he hopes kallen will let something slip during the converstion.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 05:47   Link #2888
Var
Banned

It appears to me that Nunally has full juristiction over Kallen, and not that Suzaku gave her to Nunally. The same with the old OoBK, they fell under the power of the governor general of the area.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 05:48   Link #2889
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Does he actually have any way to deny her from visiting, well without raising suspicion anyway. Maybe he hopes kallen will let something slip during the converstion.
Agreed. Depending on how Nunnally handles the stress of knowledge, he can then play his next move.
Old 2008-06-29, 05:55   Link #2890
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Agreed. Depending on how Nunnally handles the stress of knowledge, he can then play his next move.
Yep. Kallen may just assume Nunnally knows he's zero. Espically if Nunnally begins dropping subtle hints that she knows.

If Kallen ran off with Nunnally how would Lulu react? Would she get brownie points for bringing back his ultra-moe sister or be in the doghouse for going against her wishes?
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 05:59   Link #2891
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Yep. Kallen may just assume Nunnally knows he's zero. Espically if Nunnally begins dropping subtle hints that she knows.

If Kallen ran off with Nunnally how would Lulu react? Would she get brownie points for bringing back his ultra-moe sister or be in the doghouse for going against her wishes?
If Nunnally confirms (with Kallen's help) that her brother is Zero, Suzaku may or may not have an edge. But no, I don't see Kallen running away with Nunnally in tow. When thinking of these two together, Suzaku must have been prepared for this possibility. (With a blind and maimed girl, it is easy to have a hostage.)
Old 2008-06-29, 11:11   Link #2892
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
thats only if he thinks that kallen could actually hurt Nunnally
doubt it
Old 2008-06-29, 14:56   Link #2893
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1thril View Post
i completely disagree...most of the time i've had good conversations with moderate LL fans and i've never seen them get bashed by suzaku fans...if they're willing to admit flaws in LL, then most suzaku fans are willing to admit flaws in suzaku
Not only that, those in the extremes also are the first to get torn to pieces, over and over, in fiction and IRL.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 16:50   Link #2894
prototype_sky

Quote:
Seriously, it's an obvious route which got buried in our conspiracy theories. Suzaku is, after all, Nunnally's white Knight.
didn't guilford mention something about suzaku being corneilia's Knight as well.

Maybe he and corneilia planned something to get to the truth of euphie's death
corneilia goes undercover while Suzaku keep up appearances. It is kind of strange how Suzaku was able to drag zero straight to the emperor since technically the britannians would never allow an outsider to take credit for Zero's capture.
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 16:52   Link #2895
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
didn't guilford mention something about him being corneilia's Knight.
Guilford said that since Suzaku was Euphie's knight and Guilford is Cornelia's knight, Guilford is trying to act like a mentor to Suzaku and give him advice. Which is good I think. Guilford's probably one of the better people of Britannia.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 16:59   Link #2896
Traece
:cool:

Actually Suzaku dragging Zero to Charles himself makes sense to me. I never thought it to be wrong.

I think Guilford has a certain respect for Suzaku. Suzaku was Euphemia's love, basically, as well as her personal knight. Euphemia was Cornelia's sister and Cornelia loved her to death, so it isn't that surprising that Guilford is respectful to Suzaku, who is by extension a friend of Cornelia.
Old 2008-06-29, 17:12   Link #2897
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Guilford said that since Suzaku was Euphie's knight and Guilford is Cornelia's knight, Guilford is trying to act like a mentor to Suzaku and give him advice. Which is good I think. Guilford's probably one of the better people of Britannia.
Considering the fact that she's dead, I'm not sure if, in an official capacity, Suzaku is Euphemia's knight (don't get me wrong, he and many others still consider him and know him as Euphy's knight, but its no longer an official title with her dead). However, he WAS officially knighted by Cornelia, which would effectively make him her knight as well. Can a Princess have multiple knights or not? Anyways, I don't know if Suzaku is Nunnally's knight, as we've never seen any ceremony or knighting, as opposed to us seeing Suzaku knighted by Euphemia and Cornelia.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 17:15   Link #2898
Aquaman OS

He was just mentioning that that job was still part of him. He might be the current Knight of Seven but he was Euphie's knight and that didn't away. And as the Knight of the older sister he would like to advise the knight of the younger one. Guilford's basically helping Suzaku become a better Knight, since Suzaku doesn't seem to know much beyond "look serious and work all the time"

I think this is because as Cornelia seems to be going against the Emperor, Guilford will probably join her. He's probably gonna to confuse Suzaku as to who as a Knight he should follow. Emperor or what Euphie (and Nunnally) would support.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 04:16   Link #2899
Eliarine

Thanks to recent "discussions", I think I can finally pinpoint what annoys me the most about Suzaku haters.

It's the freaking shortcuts.

Shortcut 1: Britannia is evil. Suzaku works for Britannia. Therefore, Suzaku is evil.
Shortcut 2: Suzaku betrayed Lelouch, who never betrayed him because the Euphemia geassing was an accident.
Shortcut 3: Suzaku really wanted to die all this time so he never had noble intentions at all.
Shortcut 4: Lelouch is not evil, so Suzaku must be.

Code Geass has never been a clear-cut show about good and evil; and if you're willing to accept Lelouch as a grey character you should be able to cut Suzaku some slack too.

Why is it so hard to find people who actually like both characters?

tl:dr: Simplifications are evil, not Suzaku
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 04:18   Link #2900
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi Send a message via Skype™ to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Why is it so hard to find people who actually like both characters?
I love both characters
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote