AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-07, 23:09   Link #3201
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
Suzaku knows that Lulu is definitely Zero, he just can't get any proof. Still, I wonder how Suzaku would react if CC or someone replayed Lulu's memories so he could see exactly how Euphy died, and how Lulu didn't do it on purpose. Honestly, Lulu's main guilt with that lies in how he exploited her death. Actually killing her was mercy for what he considers one of his worst mistakes (Shirley's death is probably his worst now, at least in his mind).
Old 2008-07-07, 23:11   Link #3202
Major1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Wait a second. Does Suzaku know that Lulu has regained his memories? The "those who know" and those "who don't" lists are now out of my mind.
He suspects he has, but he can't prove it. He tested Lelouch with the phone call to Nunnally, but because of Rolo, Lelouch was able to avoid being found out. In the last episode, he mentions that while reports say Lelouch was at Ashford during the events in China, he still can't shake the feeling that Lelouch is back to being Zero again.

As for people who "know", I think the named characters who we know are aware that Lelouch has regained his memories, and are still alive are Kallen, C.C., Villetta, and Rolo. Shirley and Urabe knew, but they're dead. Jeremiah, V.V. and the Emperor probably know as well.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 23:11   Link #3203
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Wait a second. Does Suzaku know that Lulu has regained his memories? The "those who know" and those "who don't" lists are now out of my mind.
From what I remember he doesn't know for sure that Lelouch has regained his memories. But he still can't drop the suspicion in his mind. Sooner or later it will all be put out in the open.

Since he can't be sure blaming Lelouch might be a bit tough. If he doesn't see Lelouch and Shirley he won't have much to go on. Which should mean more self blame than pointing the finger at Lelouch.
Old 2008-07-07, 23:12   Link #3204
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I do see a scenario that with Shirley's death, Suzaku blames himself for not arresting Lulu (acting on his suspicions, so to speak). Then, he in turn blames Lulu for regaining his memories and choosing to walk down the path of rebellion again.

C.C. and Kallen will know. (The green haired witch was the one who revived it, of course.)

Rolo and Viletta knows, but are pretending they don't (the bells that are not ringing).

Orange-sama knows.
Old 2008-07-08, 06:45   Link #3205
x81ublu8x
Names mean nothing

Send a message via MSN to x81ublu8x
Well if the Newtype summaries are correct then there is some sort of confrontation.

Last edited by x81ublu8x; 2008-07-08 at 07:00. Reason: Spoiler
x81ublu8x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 06:54   Link #3206
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Er... spoilers are not allowed. So, I'll turn the topic back to Suzaku in the aftermath of Shirley's murder.
Old 2008-07-08, 09:57   Link #3207
orangejuicetang

Lelouch might blame himself for getting Shirley involved with Geass in the first place, while Suzuku might blame himself for not protecting Shirley.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 09:59   Link #3208
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

If they point their fingers at each other, it will be tragic...
Old 2008-07-08, 10:08   Link #3209
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Lelouch might blame himself for getting Shirley involved with Geass in the first place, while Suzuku might blame himself for not protecting Shirley.

Well she did just walk inside with a gun even though it was dangerous and Suzaku did give an order to protect her no matter what, its hard to tell since Lelouch should feel the most guilty for dragging her into this mess
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 10:15   Link #3210
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post

Well she did just walk inside with a gun even though it was dangerous and Suzaku did give an order to protect her no matter what, its hard to tell since Lelouch should feel the most guilty for dragging her into this mess
No he shouldn't. She waded straight into the mess of her own free will, she wasn't an innocent bystander who got caught up in it. She's as much to blame as everyone else. It's not Lulu or Suzaku's fault it's Shirely's fault, that cops fault and mostly Rolo's fault who i hope gets his heart cut out with a wooden spoon.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 10:18   Link #3211
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
No he shouldn't. She waded straight into the mess of her own free will, she wasn't an innocent bystander who got caught up in it. She's as much to blame as everyone else. It's not Lulu or Suzaku's fault it's Shirely's fault, that cops fault and mostly Rolo's fault who i hope gets his heart cut out with a wooden spoon.

Well if you think about it bringing her involvement with geass in the first place was the cause for all her turmoil so he may think of it as that way, but at the same time your right she did walk into there knowing it was dangerous all for the sake of being by his side. lets hope Lelouch and Suzaku don't blame each other for this I'll like something around Kira and Athrun when they both realized that the people they knew died because of their actions (more so Lelouch actions)
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 10:19   Link #3212
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
If they point their fingers at each other, it will be tragic...
They already hate each other and will be willing to take each-other's life at the drop of a hat. It can't get any worse than it is now.

Incidentally, we've only met two of the "Four Sacred Beasts" of the Kururugi Family:

Genbu: Tortoise
Suzaku: Pheasant

Where, I wonder, if the script writers keep on following the "Four Sacred Beats of China" theme, would be:

Seiryu: Green Dragon
Hakku: White Tiger.

Where would they be indeed, I wonder?
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 10:20   Link #3213
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I think there is still room for more hatred. At least, they bothered to be civil in front of Shirley.
Old 2008-07-08, 10:21   Link #3214
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
They already hate each other and will be willing to take each-other's life at the drop of a hat. It can't get any worse than it is now.

Incidentally, we've only met two of the "Four Sacred Beasts" of the Kururugi Family:

Genbu: Tortoise
Suzaku: Pheasant

Where, I wonder, if the script writers keep on following the "Four Sacred Beats of China" theme, would be:

Seiryu: Green Dragon
Hakku: White Tiger.

Where would they be indeed, I wonder?
I thought Suzaku=Phoenix?
Old 2008-07-08, 10:23   Link #3215
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The four Beasts are the Green Dragon, Red Phoenix, White Tiger and the Giant Tortoise(Genbu).

Think Suzaku is the Phoenix.
Old 2008-07-08, 10:24   Link #3216
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
I thought Suzaku=Phoenix?
In Chinese, Fong Huang mean Phoenix.

Ju Chue, the Chinese Pronounciation of "Suzaku", literally means "Red Pheasant."
Old 2008-07-08, 10:24   Link #3217
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
The four Beasts are the Green Dragon, Red Phoenix, White Tiger and the Giant Tortoise(Genbu).

Ah I thought as much. I was like pheasant? WTF is sacred about that.

N.b. i mean no offence if a pheasant is sacred to anyone's culture.
Old 2008-07-08, 10:26   Link #3218
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:

For all we know, Seiryuu (Green Dragon) and Hakku (White Tiger) could be cousins, uncles or even female members of the family we have yet to be introduced to.
Old 2008-07-08, 10:32   Link #3219
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
In Chinese, Fong Huang mean Phoenix.

Ju Chue, the Chinese Pronounciation of "Suzaku", literally means "Red Pheasant."
Keep in mind that neither Fong Huang nor Ju Chue are actually anything like a Phoenix; they are both magical birds of Chinese mythology, but the phoenix is not really an equivalent of them.

But since Phoenix is a Western Mythical bird, it is as close as it gets. Hence the word "Phoenix" is often used as a translation for every non-Western mythical bird.
Old 2008-07-08, 10:34   Link #3220
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

"It is often mistaken for the Fenghuang due to similarities in appearance, but the two are different creatures. The Fenghuang is the king of birds, while the Vermilion Bird is a mythological spirit creature of the Chinese constellations."

From wiki. But still, Suzaku having this meaning in his name: Man, doesn't fit him at all.