AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-08, 19:20   Link #3261
Eliarine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
Only when they're fans of SuzakuLelouch. :P And I typed in excitement; I forgot to be politically correct.
No no, I have quite a few friends who like him and are not into shonen ai at all. Actually none of my friends want him to die a most painful death, which is why I was shocked the first time I found this forum
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 19:34   Link #3262
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Yeah, I know what you mean too. Don't worry, most of us Suzaku fans are a lot more level-headed than some of the majority of the Lelouch fans.
*cough* ahem what was that? It's not that Suzaku fans are more level headed, it is just Lelouch fans out number you like ten to one. And not everyone can be level heading when they are angry with a character, case in point look at the recent Rolo hate. But there are legitimate reasons to find Suzaku annoying even though outright hatred may not be justified.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 20:09   Link #3263
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
*cough* ahem what was that?
I said most. You are an exception.

Quote:
It's not that Suzaku fans are more level headed, it is just Lelouch fans out number you like ten to one. And not everyone can be level heading when they are angry with a character, case in point look at the recent Rolo hate. But there are legitimate reasons to find Suzaku annoying even though outright hatred may not be justified.
I agree here... Except Rolo's hate is justified now. Suzaku's really isn't.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 20:12   Link #3264
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
Only when they're fans of SuzakuLelouch. :P And I typed in excitement; I forgot to be politically correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
No no, I have quite a few friends who like him and are not into shonen ai at all. Actually none of my friends want him to die a most painful death, which is why I was shocked the first time I found this forum
Well, they are CLAMP's babies. CLAMP boys almost always get the BL treatment (Hell, I'm a guy, for Haruhi's sake).

I don't hate Suzaku. He just doesn't seem to know what he wants, and how to achieve it.
__________________
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 20:14   Link #3265
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
I said most. You are an exception.

I agree here... Except Rolo's hate is justified now. Suzaku's really isn't.
I don't know about the Rolo hate, do we even know for sure he did it? It is all just guess work so far, and the method is different then his usual style. He is the most likely suspect for sure, but I will avoid pointing fingers until they show him in the act via a flashback or him admitting to it. But this is not the thread for this.

Suzaku hate was justified when he was being a hypocrite in season one, because he was just really annoying with it. Season two he is a bit better, I find him annoying from time to time due to his indecisiveness, but nothing really causing me to hate him.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 20:18   Link #3266
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Suzaku is really cool only when he becomes serious and his voice drops to that of Kanda (his character in D.Gray-man: For want of a better word, a jerk).
__________________
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 20:22   Link #3267
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
I don't know about the Rolo hate, do we even know for sure he did it? It is all just guess work so far, and the method is different then his usual style. He is the most likely suspect for sure, but I will avoid pointing fingers until they show him in the act via a flashback or him admitting to it. But this is not the thread for this.
Go check the Spoiler Thread for the confirmed murderer.

Quote:
Suzaku hate was justified when he was being a hypocrite in season one, because he was just really annoying with it.
You mean... like... LELOUCH!
Me 1 You 0

Quote:
Season two he is a bit better, I find him annoying from time to time due to his indecisiveness, but nothing really causing me to hate him.
The same with Lelouch for me Not indecisive, just his evil-tude {copyright} at times. But he is now becoming one of my favorites again.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 20:32   Link #3268
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Go check the Spoiler Thread for the confirmed murderer.

You mean... like... LELOUCH!
Me 1 You 0

The same with Lelouch for me Not indecisive, just his evil-tude {copyright} at times. But he is now becoming one of my favorites again.
If you mean the spoiler for ep 15, that doesn't really confirm Rolo as the Killer, but I haven't shifted through all those pages yet.

Suzaku was quick to condemn others for their methodology and yet he really didn't have much of an answer as to what is the "correct" path and really only wanted to die. It is like me saying you are wrong just because I think you are yet offering any reason.

I actually liked how they were portraying Lelouch, but to each his own. I can't fault you for your tastes.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 20:38   Link #3269
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
If you mean the spoiler for ep 15, that doesn't really confirm Rolo as the Killer, but I haven't shifted through all those pages yet.
Keep looking.

Quote:
Suzaku was quick to condemn others for their methodology and yet he really didn't have much of an answer as to what is the "correct" path and really only wanted to die. It is like me saying you are wrong just because I think you are yet offering any reason.
His method is the slow way. He knows what he wants. Also, he didn't condemn anybody. If he did, he wouldn't have let Kallen decide on her own. Also, his death wish ended pretty much in Episode 20. You do have a point taht he didn't have many reasons.

Quote:
I actually liked how they were portraying Lelouch, but to each his own. I can't fault you for your tastes.
But he was still a hypocrite.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 21:00   Link #3270
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
His method is the slow way. He knows what he wants. Also, he didn't condemn anybody. If he did, he wouldn't have let Kallen decide on her own. Also, his death wish ended pretty much in Episode 20. You do have a point taht he didn't have many reasons.

But he was still a hypocrite.
Slow way? That gives his method more of a chance then it actually has. You are right, he knows what he wants, just not how to get there. He has expressed his opinion how Kallen and the Black Knights' way is wrong and that nothing will basically come from what they are doing because they are using the wrong methods.

I am not disputing that, and I believe I was the one that pointed it out that they were both Hypocrites, just different kinds.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 21:04   Link #3271
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Suzaku just can't make up his flaming mind. How do you support a guy who doesn't even know what he wants, and how he's going to get it?
__________________
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 21:04   Link #3272
Silver Soul
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edo Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
If you mean the spoiler for ep 15, that doesn't really confirm Rolo as the Killer, but I haven't shifted through all those pages yet.

Suzaku was quick to condemn others for their methodology and yet he really didn't have much of an answer as to what is the "correct" path and really only wanted to die. It is like me saying you are wrong just because I think you are yet offering any reason.

I actually liked how they were portraying Lelouch, but to each his own. I can't fault you for your tastes.


Now your just in denial, how sad , I'm a guy and I can't stand Lelouch for various reasons yet many people view his actions as justified compared to others, which is complete bullshit granted hate towards Suzaku is granted in S1 he really didn't go anywhere with his ideals till Euphie came along and was taken away from him but I don't see the same person this time around
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 21:05   Link #3273
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Slow way? That gives his method more of a chance then it actually has. You are right, he knows what he wants, just not how to get there. He has expressed his opinion how Kallen and the Black Knights' way is wrong and that nothing will basically come from what they are doing because they are using the wrong methods.
Well, didn't Suzaku explain that war is not a way to get things done and that is why he said they were wrong? Due to the killing?

Quote:
I am not disputing that, and I believe I was the one that pointed it out that they were both Hypocrites, just different kinds.
Yes, but as you said:
Suzaku hate was justified when he was being a hypocrite in season one, because he was just really annoying with it.

I just wanted to point out Lelouch was the same exact way, making it moot.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 21:07   Link #3274
Silver Soul
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edo Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Well, didn't Suzaku explain that war is not a way to get things done and that is why he said they were wrong? Due to the killing?



Yes, but as you said:
Suzaku hate was justified when he was being a hypocrite in season one, because he was just really annoying with it.

I just wanted to point out Lelouch was the same exact way, making it moot.

I still hate Lelouch even though he's suppose to be likable this season, I still don't see it
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 21:08   Link #3275
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post

I still hate Lelouch even though he's suppose to be likable this season, I still don't see it
Lulu? Likeable? Since when did those two terms get linked?
__________________
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 21:10   Link #3276
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Well, didn't Suzaku explain that war is not a way to get things done and that is why he said they were wrong? Due to the killing?

Yes, but as you said:
Suzaku hate was justified when he was being a hypocrite in season one, because he was just really annoying with it.

I just wanted to point out Lelouch was the same exact way, making it moot.
And his path was one paved with sugarcanes and lollipops right? Most monarchies has been changed due to revolution rather then through more peaceful methods.

I didn't dissuade you from hating Lelouch did I? Hating Suzaku for being a hypocrite is perfectly valid just as hating Lelouch for being an evil bastard. Boils down to what kind of character you like or your personal opinions.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 21:11   Link #3277
Eliarine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
He has expressed his opinion how Kallen and the Black Knights' way is wrong and that nothing will basically come from what they are doing because they are using the wrong methods.
Suzaku never said nothing would come from what they are doing. Quite the contrary, in a way. He just told her he knew that when you do things the wrong way, even if you get what you wanted in the end, you end up with feelings of loss and regret.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 21:11   Link #3278
Silver Soul
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edo Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Lulu? Likeable? Since when did those two terms get linked?

Unless your a fangirl or masochist
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 21:12   Link #3279
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post

Unless your a fangirl or masochist
Being the somewhat sick guy that I am, I'm surprised they haven't jumped at each other and beat each other to a bloody pulp.
__________________
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 21:13   Link #3280
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
And his path was one paved with sugarcanes and lollipops right? Most monarchies has been changed due to revolution rather then through more peaceful methods.
Of course not. But remember, Lloyd pointed out that Suzaku cares for human life a lot more than a soldier should (at Narita.) How often does Suzaku kill indiscriminately compared to Lelouch? He does what he has to do to get what he wants done, but he doesn't kill in cold blood. That is the difference to Suzaku and Lelouch. At least in his opinion.

Quote:
I didn't dissuade you from hating Lelouch did I? Hating Suzaku for being a hypocrite is perfectly valid just as hating Lelouch for being an evil bastard. Boils down to what kind of character you like or your personal opinions.
Well, I will drink to that.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.