AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-23, 08:26   Link #7341
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

First crash, then detonate.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 10:08   Link #7342
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
First crash, then detonate.
I hope FLEIA wouldn't just detonate from Damocles crashing into the ocean... It would need more than that. It isn't like on some sort of hair trigger that if a squirrel jumped on it it would blow up... Right?
Old 2008-09-23, 10:14   Link #7343
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Maybe they'll purposely detonate the Fleija to make sure no one uses them. And then... oops.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 23:28   Link #7344
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
I hope FLEIA wouldn't just detonate from Damocles crashing into the ocean... It would need more than that. It isn't like on some sort of hair trigger that if a squirrel jumped on it it would blow up... Right?
This is anime. Better yet, it's Code Geass R2. I'm fairly sure a bicycle falling off a cliff would explode if it were somehow important to the plot.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 21:37   Link #7345
Shadow Kira01

Suzaku and Kozuki swapped places, totally wasn't expecting that.
Old 2008-09-25, 14:55   Link #7346
zero-ed

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
This is anime. Better yet, it's Code Geass R2. I'm fairly sure a bicycle falling off a cliff would explode if it were somehow important to the plot.
yep I'd love to see that!
Old 2008-09-25, 17:47   Link #7347
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
First crash, then detonate..
Think of the whales though! What about them?

Quote:
Suzaku and Kozuki swapped places, totally wasn't expecting that.
I don't think anyone suspected that Suzaku and Lelouch would join forces but I guess it was something inevitable.

They complement each other so well that it'd be a crime NOT to have them work together.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 17:50   Link #7348
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Think of the whales though! What about them?
There's more whales in the sea.
Old 2008-09-26, 09:03   Link #7349
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I don't think anyone suspected that Suzaku and Lelouch would join forces but I guess it was something inevitable.

They complement each other so well that it'd be a crime NOT to have them work together.
Speak for yourself. I saw it coming LONG before it happened.
Old 2008-09-26, 09:07   Link #7350
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I think Suzaku will lose to Kallen.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 09:08   Link #7351
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Lose, OK.
Die, please don't/./
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 09:20   Link #7352
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I think Kallen will lose to Suzaku or at least Draw

- He Pilots the Flag ship KMF
- Fighting for the Protaganist's and Euphie's Cause
- Live Geass
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 09:30   Link #7353
El_Negro
El_Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
I think Kallen will lose to Suzaku or at least Draw

- He Pilots the Flag ship KMF
- Fighting for the Protaganist's and Euphie's Cause
- Live Geass
Doesn't state much when

- He has a death wish
- This is a perfect setup 4 his atonement
- Just because u pilot a Flag ship KMF doesn;t make it the "armor of god"
They're both at equal strength it's not Kira vs Athrun

But we'll see sunday coming
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 09:32   Link #7354
El_Negro
El_Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Lose, OK.
Die, please don't/./
Of we don't want him 2 die. I just want him 2 see that this stupid idea dying 4 atonement is wrong, he still got things 2 do on earth
Old 2008-09-26, 09:39   Link #7355
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro View Post
Doesn't state much when

- He has a death wish
- This is a perfect setup 4 his atonement
- Just because u pilot a Flag ship KMF doesn;t make it the "armor of god"
They're both at equal strength it's not Kira vs Athrun

But we'll see sunday coming
- He no longer wants to be a martyr for his sins but instead wants to live for results. He wants to live to ensure that everything in the way of Zero Requiem are out of the way.
- His atonement is living to ensure that things go as planned.
- Maybe....

Suicidezaku is so 5 episodes ago.
Old 2008-09-26, 10:17   Link #7356
El_Negro
El_Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
- He no longer wants to be a martyr for his sins but instead wants to live for results. He wants to live to ensure that everything in the way of Zero Requiem are out of the way.
- His atonement is living to ensure that things go as planned.
- Maybe....

Suicidezaku is so 5 episodes ago.
U added Maybe r u having doubts!?
Old 2008-09-26, 10:20   Link #7357
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro View Post
U added Maybe r u having doubts!?
Well it's hard to predict what Taniguchi will do since I don't know if he will sacrifice realism for the sake of plot. So yes I am uncertain that flagship of KMF does not mean armor of god. Equal in strength seems like a matter of opinion.
Old 2008-09-26, 12:59   Link #7358
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Well it's hard to predict what Taniguchi will do since I don't know if he will sacrifice realism for the sake of plot. So yes I am uncertain that flagship of KMF does not mean armor of god. Equal in strength seems like a matter of opinion.
At the end of the money talks BS walks
making the Albion inferior might equate to bad sales becuase Suzaku fans will not want to be reminded of his failure a draw I could live with otherwise I'd want to forget code geass ever existed to avoid the pain
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 16:25   Link #7359
ashlay
the red string of fate

Something just occurred to me.

About a week ago, someone over in the spoiler discussion board mentioned as a joke something about what Suzaku's Geass would be. (something about spinkicking, I dunno) Now that actually seemed like an interesting question, since various elements of C.C. and Lelouch's story have been suggesting that a person's geass is based on on their deepest desire. C.C. who was a slave wanted more than anything to be loved, Lelouch who was always at the mercy of fate wanted to control the world around him, Charles who's childhood had been full of death and lies wanted to change the past, and so on.

Now, someone suggested that Suzaku's deepest wish is probably peace, which seemed fine to me at the time, but then I remembered Euphie. See, Euphie's wish had always been peace, and in the most non-violent, conciliatory way possible. And not surprisingly in one of the original Code Geass DS game's alternate scenarios (where V.V. ends up granting Euphemia a geass of her own) Euphie's geass is the power to make others sleep. So suddenly there's this dilemma, Suzaku can't possibly have the same wish as Euphie, not only is that redundant but Suzaku has become increasingly willing to take whatever means are necessary to get whatever it was he wanted most of all.

So having that option more or less shot, the question of what exactly Suzaku's deepest wish is has been nagging at the back of my mind. Then I thought of something Suzaku had said in turn 23: "I'm his [Lelouch's] Sword." In other words, Suzaku sees himself as someone who protects others, people he cares about, but one who can only do it through destruction. But hasn't that actually been what Suzaku's always been after? Before Lelouch, Suzaku was a Knight of Rounds fighting and killing to protect Nunnally, and before that he was a Knight who battled for the sake of protecting Euphie. And it goes even farther back than that.

In the light novels, the writer had made it so that Suzaku killed his father Genbu to protect Lelouch and Nunnally, since his father was portrayed as generally an insane serial killer. Now, that in fact had nothing to do with the anime, and Lelouch and Nunnally weren't particularly in danger from Genbu, but I can't really deny that part of the reason Suzaku thought he was killing his father was indeed to protect his first two friends. Again he was serving as sword for someone he cared about, protecting through destruction. In sound episode Stage 0.543 - The End of the Blissful Summer , Suzaku tells Lelouch "I'll make you the Emperor." In Stage 0.522 - Song of the Secret Base, he says "Kururugi Suzaku is a son of Japan! I'll help the ones I want to help, and do the things I want to do! Why should I need a reason to do any of those!?" In Stage 0.521: The Vanished Nunnally, Suzaku upon hearing that his father is going to marry Nunnally (though it turns out it's just a political marriage) he offers to do it instead, even though he barely even knows Nunnally at the time (he's calling her "that girl in the wheelchair")

Suzaku's desire at least appears to have always been to protect someone as their sword: to protect the pride of his father, then to protect the lives of his friends, then once he regains his sanity in the late portions of season 1 to protect Euphemia, then to protect Governor Nunnally in season 2, and then finally to protect Lelouch now. But of course what kind of geass would possibly go with a wish like "I want to be someone else's Sword."? Geass usually tend to be abilities that affect other people after all.

And that's where something that ended up being dropped in Season 2 comes in. Remember how 2ch Spoiler Guy Fake Okouchi had said there was a reason for Suzaku's amazing physical abilities? That Suzaku had freaked out in the geass ruins on Kaminejima in stage 19, and the same spoiler guy said that it was because V.V. was there? Then C.C. had made some comment about "or could it be that..." when Suzaku was able to see her hologram trick in stage 22? Though pretty much all the Season 1 character plotlines got dropped because of the timeslot switch, Suzaku was originally supposed to be closely connected to the geass in some way. But, what if his amazing physical ability actually was his geass? After all, both Mao and Bismark had Geass that affected themselves, Geass that apply to the user exclusively do exist. What better power for a man who wants more than anything to be someone else's sword, to protect those he cares about through violence, than having an unbelievable capacity for it?

At least in my mind, that's what has defined Suzaku in this series, and also what the secret behind his abilities was meant to be. His deepest desire is to be a sword that protects someone he cares about, and he was granted a geass to match that desire.
Old 2008-09-26, 16:28   Link #7360
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Geass hasn't ever been shown, Nightmare of Nunnally aside, to enhance physical prowess. It's mental. Bismarck's Geass allowed him to predict the future, or to be more accurate plot the probable future, since he would be trapped by his own power if it couldn't be changed through his observations. Mao's Geass picked up the thoughts of those around him.