AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-01, 19:03   Link #7561
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
In that kind of fight though, the Guren's specs do give Kallen the advantage. A tie and lets leave it at that already, alright blade? >_>
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 19:05   Link #7562
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
In that kind of fight though, the Guren's specs do give Kallen the advantage. A tie and lets leave it at that already, alright blade? >_>
excepted krimson
and he was the one who reopend the subject in the first place
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 19:06   Link #7563
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
excepted krimson
and he was the one who reopend the subject in the first place
Just trying to balance things out between the two of you. A draw and can we just leave it at that already?
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 19:08   Link #7564
hero147
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Wait....Didn't Suzaku wish to seem dead? I think it was a set-up by Suzaku more than anything. It might've been a struggle for Suzaku to get in a position where Kallen thinks she killed him, but not rightfully doing so.
hero147 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 19:24   Link #7565
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Wait....Didn't Suzaku wish to seem dead? I think it was a set-up by Suzaku more than anything. It might've been a struggle for Suzaku to get in a position where Kallen thinks she killed him, but not rightfully doing so.
The opinions differ. Me I think he lost on purpose because "Kururugi Suzaku" has to die. imo It was planned like this.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 19:27   Link #7566
Megann
All Hail Lelouch!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Send a message via MSN to Megann
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Wait....Didn't Suzaku wish to seem dead? I think it was a set-up by Suzaku more than anything. It might've been a struggle for Suzaku to get in a position where Kallen thinks she killed him, but not rightfully doing so.
For the first part, I thought he was dead, and Kallen won. Though it'd be close to impossible with the curse of the Geass, but I wouldn't have been surprised if he had died. I really thought they were going to kill him and Nunally off in the last episode.
Megann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 20:12   Link #7567
blewin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
well, Suzuka got his wish - punishment.

He wanted to die as punishment, but the Geass won't allow it, so he got another punishment instead.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 20:14   Link #7568
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pripyat, Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
well, Suzuka got his wish - punishment.

He wanted to die as punishment, but the Geass won't allow it, so he got another punishment instead.
So is he immortal.
__________________
Strygwyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 20:34   Link #7569
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
No, he just has to live to old age or unpreventable death as Zero, his old self dead to the world.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 20:38   Link #7570
Vakir
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
No, he just has to live to old age or unpreventable death as Zero, his old self dead to the world.
Lelouch said "eternity," but I'm thinking it's more the Green Mile ending effect: a really, really, really extraordinarily long lifespan. The Live Geass must do SOMETHING to your cognitive state that makes you living-condition healthier. The mind and attitude has a ton to do with how a person is healthy.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 21:07   Link #7571
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
Lelouch said "eternity," but I'm thinking it's more the Green Mile ending effect: a really, really, really extraordinarily long lifespan. The Live Geass must do SOMETHING to your cognitive state that makes you living-condition healthier. The mind and attitude has a ton to do with how a person is healthy.
It can't do the impossible. Sooner or later he'll reach a point where his body simply dies. Even given Britannia's miracle medicine, I would suspect that, barring massive cybernetic enhancement (and probably even then), he couldn't live much further than 125. By that point, of course, he certainly wouldn't be in much of a position to continue being Zero. Maybe to the age of 80 he can play the part, but eventually he'll have to retire.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 21:15   Link #7572
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pripyat, Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
It can't do the impossible. Sooner or later he'll reach a point where his body simply dies. Even given Britannia's miracle medicine, I would suspect that, barring massive cybernetic enhancement (and probably even then), he couldn't live much further than 125. By that point, of course, he certainly wouldn't be in much of a position to continue being Zero. Maybe to the age of 80 he can play the part, but eventually he'll have to retire.
That bites..............What if suzaku had a terrible accident then his condition is "Brain Dead" he is alive but no consious..................real sad.
__________________
Strygwyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 21:16   Link #7573
Vakir
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
It can't do the impossible. Sooner or later he'll reach a point where his body simply dies. Even given Britannia's miracle medicine, I would suspect that, barring massive cybernetic enhancement (and probably even then), he couldn't live much further than 125. By that point, of course, he certainly wouldn't be in much of a position to continue being Zero. Maybe to the age of 80 he can play the part, but eventually he'll have to retire.
I didn't say it could do the impossible.

Retirement + passing it on is just begging for all sorts of lame superhero parallels or extra stories. Ugh.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 21:38   Link #7574
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Well, there's all sorts of scenarios their plan doesn't really cover. Worst case, Suzaku has to convince someone else to play Zero for the sake of the world. I'm sure Schneizel could whip up a snappy speech for him.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 21:46   Link #7575
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Well he could always train a new apprentice or have a son with you know who (no I don't mean Nunnally)

I would think that Zero Requiem is the base foundation for the world to move in a better direction. Eventually Zero wouldn't be needed anymore.

Besides, Lelouch said it himself, he'll gamble on the geass of the world. They'll guide the world to the door and its up to the people to open it. That's all they can do.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 21:52   Link #7576
Sports72Xtrm
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: United States
I'm pretty sure Suzaku would have won but let Kallen win the battle. I mean his geass gives him the faster reaction time, surely he must have seen the claw coming. I mean they weren't flying or anything so it's not like increased specs would have done anything unless the gurren can throw a punch faster too as part of it's increased specs.
__________________
Telling the truth that no one wants to hear
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 21:55   Link #7577
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
I'm pretty sure Suzaku would have won but let Kallen win the battle. I mean his geass gives him the faster reaction time, surely he must have seen the claw coming. I mean they weren't flying or anything so it's not like increased specs would have done anything unless the gurren can throw a punch faster too as part of it's increased specs.
Lol, rocket punch.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 21:55   Link #7578
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
I'm pretty sure Suzaku would have won but let Kallen win the battle. I mean his geass gives him the faster reaction time, surely he must have seen the claw coming. I mean they weren't flying or anything so it's not like increased specs would have done anything unless the gurren can throw a punch faster too as part of it's increased specs.
Sigh, he was not letting her win. His live Geass was active the whole time, which means he was trying to win. Hell, he freaking says it after they've torn each others wings off and exhausted all their ammo. He was trying to land a decisive blow and she was matching him blow for blow. In the end they just beat each other into submission. He knocked her out, she blew up the Lancelot by embedding her fist in the critical chest area.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 21:57   Link #7579
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pripyat, Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
I'm pretty sure Suzaku would have won but let Kallen win the battle. I mean his geass gives him the faster reaction time, surely he must have seen the claw coming. I mean they weren't flying or anything so it's not like increased specs would have done anything unless the gurren can throw a punch faster too as part of it's increased specs.
Geass does nothing but keeping him alive.
__________________
Strygwyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 22:00   Link #7580
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Sigh, he was not letting her win. His live Geass was active the whole time, which means he was trying to win. Hell, he freaking says it after they've torn each others wings off and exhausted all their ammo. He was trying to land a decisive blow and she was matching him blow for blow. In the end they just beat each other into submission. He knocked her out, she blew up the Lancelot by embedding her fist in the critical chest area.
Actually, either the animators were lazy or Suzaku really liked to play with his Live geass.

First mins of fight where Guren launch claw and shots from Lancelot (geass on)
Kallen and Suzaku yelling at each other about philosphy (geass off)

Then Suzaku and Kallen fight (both run out of energy) (geass off)
Suzaku and Kallen fight in tight place (geass on)
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.