AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-11, 18:09   Link #7661
kaefer_zwei
Devicer

i googled for the voice actor for suzaku, i found out takahiro sakurai was the voice behind suzaku. he's the same guy that voice cloudstrife ^_^ now thats cool.

Last edited by kaefer_zwei; 2008-10-11 at 18:21.
kaefer_zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 06:29   Link #7662
X_Danny_X

link please
Old 2008-10-14, 21:22   Link #7663
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Of Zero View Post
Is that SO?
Well you can always watch season 1 and R2. I'm too lazy to watch it again.

I have gundam to watch.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 06:56   Link #7664
X_Danny_X

you know, reading more about this Live Geass for Suzaku. I a beginning to feel that all it does is just makes him more aware and nothing more besides trying for it to take control.

Last edited by X_Danny_X; 2008-10-15 at 09:03.
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 08:32   Link #7665
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Well, it doesn't give him a choice in the matter, ever, which can have it's own downsides. So yes, while he can use it to boost his awareness/reaction, it's so automatic that it could really screw things up later on.

Imagine if some one is trying to assassinate Nunally, for example. All the guy would have to do is say "Move aside unless you want to die as well," and the Geass would force him to obey. Suzaku can't sacrafice himself for anyone now, which would look alot like abandoning people in their time of need.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 08:44   Link #7666
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Well, it doesn't give him a choice in the matter, ever, which can have it's own downsides. So yes, while he can use it to boost his awareness/reaction, it's so automatic that it could really screw things up later on.

Imagine if some one is trying to assassinate Nunally, for example. All the guy would have to do is say "Move aside unless you want to die as well," and the Geass would force him to obey. Suzaku can't sacrafice himself for anyone now, which would look alot like abandoning people in their time of need.
No, only if he really would die. If he can survive without moving away, Geass will not kick in. And giving physical power of Suzaku, it will be easy for him to just run and kick that person's butt.
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 09:08   Link #7667
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post

i dont think about boosting but just to be more aware since it warns him about deadly moves coming that are dangerous to the point that his life is threatened.

it doesnt boost him above what he is capable off. almost like Spider Man's warning sense but too a much lesser degree.
Old 2008-10-15, 09:36   Link #7668
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
they have failed to consistently show what it does
as late as ep 18 its something uncontrolable that triggers in the event of his imminent death and forces him to act in order to live at any cost without it giving him any more aid or abilities
from ep 20 and onwards they completely fuck it up
in 20 its somewhat controlable and he can resist it to a degree (in his fight with bismark he said it was trying to force him to flee, but he fought against it) and it didnt give him any other abilities
and from 22 and onwards its treated as full on SEED mode (except he can trigger it at will) and serves to let him push himself to his absolut peak abilities (which are by themselves superhuman, as stated by word of god)
they never explain what triggers the shift in this (why something that was basiclly just like any other command lelouch gave can be turned on and off by the user)
and only use it as a way to explain why suzaku can suddanly defeat a man who by all rights should be able to kick his ass (albion or not, bismark being able to see into the future should make him unkillable)
its just one more thing that makes me think that they changed the plot after ep 19 (due to the korean spoiler leak)
Old 2008-10-15, 12:06   Link #7669
Train Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
as late as ep 18 its something uncontrolable that triggers in the event of his imminent death and forces him to act in order to live at any cost without it giving him any more aid or abilities
in 20 its somewhat controlable and he can resist it to a degree (in his fight with bismark he said it was trying to force him to flee, but he fought against it) and it didnt give him any other abilities
and from 22 and onwards its treated as full on SEED mode (except he can trigger it at will) and serves to let him push himself to his absolut peak abilities (which are by themselves superhuman, as stated by word of god)
they never explain what triggers the shift in this (why something that was basiclly just like any other command lelouch gave can be turned on and off by the user)
and only use it as a way to explain why suzaku can suddanly defeat a man who by all rights should be able to kick his ass (albion or not, bismark being able to see into the future should make him unkillable)
its just one more thing that makes me think that they changed the plot after ep 19 (due to the korean spoiler leak)
Well Bismarck can beat anyone with his geass so what's you point?
Train Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 12:15   Link #7670
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Train Samurai View Post
Well Bismarck can beat anyone with his geass so what's you point?
my point was that the producers and the script writer just changed what his LIVE order does when ever it fit the plot
which sucked becouse i was changed from something logical (within the CG universe) and actually tragic for suzaku (the events of 18 were as far as im concernd the best way to stress how badly lelouch screwed him with it)
into something that is just basiclly a deus ex machina without any real reason or explanation
and actually turned it into a blessing
completely forgetting just what a tragic aspect of suzaku's character it really was (it basiclly made him a puppet on a string unable to control his own actions and twisting him into doing what ever it takes to live, even if it means killing millions)
that was my point
i wasnt ranting on suzaku's skill or bismarks
i was ranting on how the plot just shits itself out about it for no reason
Old 2008-10-15, 12:35   Link #7671
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
I think Suzaku's geass is like a fight or flight response, it changes the chemical balance in your brain to help you focus better and increases your adrenaline. I suppose intention and control over the geass urges does have everything to do with it. Suzaku was able to manipulate his geass through use of psychology to increase his performance by suppressing his run urges and increasing his animalistic need to kill survival urges. When he's in geass seed mode, he sees everything as a possible threat to his life and the best way to prevent them from getting a chance is by killing them first. It doesn't make you stronger but it's like Riddilin, it changes the chemicals in your central nervous system (i.e. secretions of certain chemicals to pump blood, dilate pupils, ect.) to make your body work more effectively than its norm. In a sense. he is a beserker.
Add that to higher spec knightmare frame (albion) and I can understand why Bismark died. His killing intent put the fear of God in him and Bismark's "run urge" kept him too frozen in fear to act quick enough while Suzaku had an unbreakable determination to win. I'll admit that the only one who wasn't afraid was Kallen since she had the higher spec knightmare, an equal determination to win (although biologically I think Suzaku is the superior since he biologically abnormal i.e. Kallen can't secrete as much adrenaline as he could but I admit that it was enough to suppress her fear urges and act), and I think her last line "If only you had justice on your side" made him falter in his determination to kill causing him to hesitate and refocus his urges on the run for your life aspect instead.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 12:41   Link #7672
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

but they never explained why it changed
why he can suddanly trigger it at will and it acts as a SEED mode rather then forcing him to act and forcing his hand
it stopped being a command and started being a power up for no reason what so ever (it didnt even make him run from bismark until later in the fight (and he ran becouse lelouch was there and he wanted to get to him rather then becouse of the order to live)
it cant be determanation since we have already seen that it doesnt work (euphie and nunnaly)
and in his fight against kallen he triggers it before they even start to actually fight so its not something that reacts but something he can switch on and off at will
and that aspect is never explained

and bismark wasnt scared of him
he was ready to smash him baseball style
he just couldnt keep up with suzaku's insane machine (and his ability to use it to its full potential)
Old 2008-10-15, 12:49   Link #7673
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

I partially agree with bladeofdarkness.

I don't know about the story as a whole, but Suzaku's character was certainly thrown out in Turn 19. The person that remained afterwards was nothing but a cheap plot device to appease the DBZ and rabid yaoi fans... which is most of the people that actually preferred R2 over S1. I think Taniguchi just stopped trying after a certain point with Suzaku because all the Lelouch fanatics just couldn't stop blindly bashing Suzaku for long enough to see that he was actually his own, quite well-made character, not just the token bad guy to Lelouch. This applies to the relationship with the Geass curse as well, which used to be a burden Suzaku couldn't control. But apparently the power of becoming a jerk-ass gave Suzaku the ability to just toggle the thing on and off whenever he felt like it.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 12:54   Link #7674
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

ep 20 an onwards just feels like it has been rewritten and events that you would expect to follow the events of ep 19 did not take place at all
the geass LIVE order is just one of those aspects
and strangly it all happes right at the point where the korean spoilers end
Old 2008-10-15, 12:56   Link #7675
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

So you're theorising that Taniguchi trolled the fanbase from Turn 20 onwards in response to the rampant spoilers?
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 13:00   Link #7676
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
So you're theorising that Taniguchi trolled the fanbase from Turn 20 onwards in response to the rampant spoilers?
or they re wrote them for fear that someone would have leaked the original
or becouse they were just trying to troll us
either one works

but the fact that they out right stated that lelouch and suzaku would never work together and then they did suggest that somewhere along the line changes were made for reasons other then director's wishes
Old 2008-10-15, 13:29   Link #7677
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
but they never explained why it changed
why he can suddanly trigger it at will and it acts as a SEED mode rather then forcing him to act and forcing his hand
it stopped being a command and started being a power up for no reason what so ever (it didnt even make him run from bismark until later in the fight (and he ran becouse lelouch was there and he wanted to get to him rather then becouse of the order to live)
it cant be determanation since we have already seen that it doesnt work (euphie and nunnaly)
and in his fight against kallen he triggers it before they even start to actually fight so its not something that reacts but something he can switch on and off at will
and that aspect is never explained

and bismark wasnt scared of him
he was ready to smash him baseball style
he just couldnt keep up with suzaku's insane machine (and his ability to use it to its full potential)
It's his mentality I suppose. I think during his assassination attempt at Charles, he was afraid. He was trying to kill Charles as an act of vengeance but wasn't in the save the world, no retreat, no surrender mentality. He wasn't in a situation where he had to win, even if he failed or won, nothing would have changed. His goal to kill Charles would have not leave anything to the world, just one more death. There would still be war and people would still die. The only one he would be appeasing would be himself in his belief that it's only thing he could do for Lelouch and Nunally. You can't break geass, but you can manipulate it or suppress it. You just have to change the way you saw things to manipulate it into a power up. Nunally and Euphie never did that, they tried to suppress it. Suzaku did when he found a meaning or end to his actions i.e. Zero Requiem. Maybe if Euphie made herself believe that Japanese people weren't a race but instead dangerous criminals she could have manipulated it. Or maybe if Nunally made herself rationalized something crazy like her wheelchair was her brother she could manipulate it. It all depends on your rationale I think and Suzaku had the stubbornness to stick to his own beliefs or point of view. I mean he had a whole month to figure out this whole geass thing during the time skip so... I'm sure he wasn't twiddling his thumbs while Lelouch planned what would happen.
Maybe if you just focus on the end, i.e. you winning instead of dieing, you can manipulate your own psyche.

Hm your right about Bismark he wasn't afraid. He couldn't keep up with Suzaku's insane machine and didn't have the better reaction time.
Old 2008-10-15, 13:34   Link #7678
Eliarine

Quote:
but the fact that they out right stated that lelouch and suzaku would never work together and then they did suggest that somewhere along the line changes were made for reasons other then director's wishes
Are you implying that Lelouch and Suzaku teaming up in the final episodes was a result of last-minute changes? Because I'm pretty sure that was planned from the start.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 13:35   Link #7679
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

lelouch can order someone to kill themselves and they would smile while doing it
it does not matter how strong you are or how much resolve you have
in the end you would do exactly as he says (nunnaly actually found the will to over come charles geass, but not lelouch's)

Eliarine
yes
it think it was a last minute change since the whole plot of the season was leading to the point where they would end up as mortal enemies
ep 17 was the start for lelouch
ep 18 showed that he clearly wanted suzaku dead
and ep 19 showed that suzaku himself has changed and was ready to do what ever he had to FOR HIS OWN GAIN
and then suddenly they team up despite the deaths of euphie sherly and nunnaly
they pulled a 180 for no logical reason
Old 2008-10-15, 13:45   Link #7680
Sports72Xtrm

Hm in my opinion I think Suzaku turned his geass into Beserker rage. One who focuses on the end i.e. killing his opponents and has the experience or exposure to not fear taking action.