AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Old 2008-05-04, 11:26   Link #821
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Well, they should have allied by now. Schneizel's actions so far in this season (few as they have been) shows that he's strongly supportive of Suzaku and Suzaku probably has more to gain by siding with him than staying with the emperor. Schneizel can offer Suzaku Japan as well as the support necressarilly for him to stay in power and in return Suzaku becomes the most loyal and important retainer of Schneizel.

I think that Suzaku's plan to have Nunnally become the govenor of Area 11 will fail one way or another- leaving only one option for him: to become Knight of One and rule Japan that way. Since he'll most likely want it done quickly, he and Schneizel will probably act quickly - which I suppose might lead to a short civil war - but it's hard to say what'd happen then, althrough one could make a few guesses. It'd make things interesting though...
All this counted on one major assumption; that Schneizel is actually going to be important to the plot this time around. To be frank, some fans in Japan had been rather angry that he was a sort of red-herring last season, not doing anything much at all even though he looked like Lulu's nemesis.
As for this season? He better do something, or he would be the biggest red herring of the year.
Old 2008-05-04, 11:33   Link #822
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
All this counted on one major assumption; that Schneizel is actually going to be important to the plot this time around. To be frank, some fans in Japan had been rather angry that he was a sort of red-herring last season, not doing anything much at all even though he looked like Lulu's nemesis.
As for this season? He better do something, or he would be the biggest red herring of the year.
Of course it's all assumption/speculation as are most things about the future .
But, yes, I see what you mean. In season one, one'd have thought that he was going to become the greatest hinderance to Lelouch (next to Suzaku himself), yet he ended up doing not every much, with the exception of supporting Euphie and rushing to Cornelia's aid at the end of the season. Well, he's a part of this season as well, but what role he is to play remains to be seen indeed. I'm hoping that he'll play a bigger part late in this season indeed - but we'll see (or maybe he won't play a major part until season 3, if there is one ).
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 12:45   Link #823
hero147

I don't think the Knight Of One holds that much power considering the current one doesn't have a clue about Geass. As to Schneizel, I'm considering him as someone who is below lelouch's archnemesis which is the emperor, He's like the second boss, Clovis being the first. It would be an interesting war between lelouch and Schneizel, being the only one to actually beat Lelouch in chess. Suzaku can't rule, he's not royalty. He's not even a puriest or even half pure.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 12:51   Link #824
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Therefor his plan on changing from within is useless regardless. He'll have to be able to convince a third of the world ruled by Britannians that a Japanese could rule them all of the sudden. I'm sure there would be a lot of assassination attempts mount on his head XD.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 13:25   Link #825
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
I don't think the Knight Of One holds that much power considering the current one doesn't have a clue about Geass.
Well, that may be true enough. The KoO may be just that: The strongest knight/fighter in the empire as well as the de jure ruler of the area of his choice.

Quote:
As to Schneizel, I'm considering him as someone who is below lelouch's archnemesis which is the emperor, He's like the second boss, Clovis being the first. It would be an interesting war between lelouch and Schneizel, being the only one to actually beat Lelouch in chess.
Indeed, and that's what I think most of us wants to see

Quote:
Suzaku can't rule, he's not royalty. He's not even a puriest or even half pure.
I think we can all agree that if Suzaku indeed manages to come out of this all as the winner, thne he's going to have a hard time, indeed..
Old 2008-05-04, 13:37   Link #826
seraphon

suzaku changed quite a lot. I find him very arrogant, especially in ep 5. He is behaving as if he is already the knight of 1, ordering the other knight like nothing.....

And hell, the lord kururugi is really funny. He seems to like it, ordering people around, power that is.
seraphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 13:42   Link #827
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphon View Post
suzaku changed quite a lot. I find him very arrogant, especially in ep 5. He is behaving as if he is already the knight of 1, ordering the other knight like nothing.....

And hell, the lord kururugi is really funny. He seems to like it, ordering people around, power that is.
That's the corrupting power of power that he's feeling, mark my words!
Old 2008-05-04, 15:08   Link #828
prototype_sky

Quote:
Well, they should have allied by now. Schneizel's actions so far in this season (few as they have been) shows that he's strongly supportive of Suzaku and Suzaku probably has more to gain by siding with him than staying with the emperor. Schneizel can offer Suzaku Japan as well as the support necressarilly for him to stay in power and in return Suzaku becomes the most loyal and important retainer of Schneizel.

I think that Suzaku's plan to have Nunnally become the govenor of Area 11 will fail one way or another- leaving only one option for him: to become Knight of One and rule Japan that way. Since he'll most likely want it done quickly, he and Schneizel will probably act quickly - which I suppose might lead to a short civil war - but it's hard to say what'd happen then, althrough one could make a few guesses. It'd make things interesting though...
Ugh does Suzaku even have the authority to appoint nunnally?

Suzaku is no mastermind .

Either way Suzaku knows leouche got his memories back and he's trying to get leouche to back down from confrontation, which won't happen unfortunately.

It's kinda ironic that he wanted Suzaku to be nunnally's knight in season 1 and now he got his wish
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 15:16   Link #829
Aquaman OS

Well played by Suzaku. Seems he's realized that in order to beat Lelouch he needs to start playing his own game a bit.

Not that it really matters what Lelouch says to Nunnally. Suzaku already seems convinced he's Zero again since he asked Gino and Anya to come to Japan to back him up and had the Lancelot shipped over before even he even saw Lelouch. He's ready for war.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 15:21   Link #830
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Ugh does Suzaku even have the authority to appoint nunnally?

Suzaku is no mastermind .
He's a KOR and a noble now AND he has the emperor's ear. What more does he need to see to that Nunnally is appointed?

Quote:
Either way Suzaku knows leouche got his memories back and he's trying to get leouche to back down from confrontation, which won't happen unfortunately.
Right, one way of another Lelouch will recover from this setback...

Quote:
It's kinda ironic that he wanted Suzaku to be nunnally's knight in season 1 and now he got his wish
Truly ironic.. Though this time around, he doesn't find Suzaku worthy of the task
Old 2008-05-04, 15:31   Link #831
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Well, that may be true enough. The KoO may be just that: The strongest knight/fighter in the empire as well as the de jure ruler of the area of his choice.
So I was right. THe knight of one gets to choose whichever area he wishes to govern. How come I was the only who who remembered that about the spoilers?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 16:39   Link #832
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

To be honest for me it is just too convenient for Suzaku that Knights of One gets to govern any area they choose. Before Suzaku's plan was near impossilbe, now it has somewhat chance of working. But still Suzaku's mentality of "I know what is best for all Japanese" is strong as ever. Now I see that Suzaku is becoming bit more like Lelouch such as using Nunally against Lelouch, so from this I wonder if he will back stab other Knights of Round sometime in the future?
Old 2008-05-04, 17:30   Link #833
Kamel

One of the biggest problems with suzaku's plan of becoming knight of one and then ruling Japan
is ironically him becoming Knight of one . Even if he becomes the ruler of area 11 as first knight of the empire he would be send on missions and wars by emperor all the time , He would hardly be in passion to rule his area himself he would have to rally on some officials and hand picked supervisors .
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 17:31   Link #834
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
so from this I wonder if he will back stab other Knights of Round sometime in the future?
Probably, depends if they try to go against his plans imho. But from the looks of it he sees them as his own military strength so I dont think the logical choice would to be offing people left and right just yet, the other knights perhaps. But, it also doesn't seem different compared to what Lulu did in S1 with the other Japan Terrorists that weren't apart of the Black Knights.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 17:40   Link #835
Onizuka-GTO
Shinobi Product Designer
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
suzuku is willing to sacrifice Nalalia for his own ambition, we all know she's just going to be a puppet governor-general.

The fact that she is disable is another mockery, of area 11 and by the Empire.

But he does gather a small amount of respect for finally committing to a goal, willing to go just as far as Zero would.
Old 2008-05-04, 18:16   Link #836
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Lestaki made a very nice post a few pages back, for which I'd like to thank his elegant writing and superb reasoning. He made the most important point of all: it doesn't matter that Suzaku is hypocritical. Most everyone in this series is hypocritical, Lulu as much as Suzaku, but being hypocritical isn't a character-killing flaw. The basis of hypocracy, conflicting goals, desires, and beliefs, are what make a character interesting. Yes, Suzaku is hypocritical: but he has his reasons, and his hypocracies aren't all that he is anymore than the Geass defines who Lulu is.

Now, as for Lelouch not being able to win a 100 meter dash?
"I Lelouch de Britannia command you..."
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 18:22   Link #837
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Lestaki made a very nice post a few pages back, for which I'd like to thank his elegant writing and superb reasoning. He made the most important point of all: it doesn't matter that Suzaku is hypocritical. Most everyone in this series is hypocritical, Lulu as much as Suzaku, but being hypocritical isn't a character-killing flaw. The basis of hypocracy, conflicting goals, desires, and beliefs, are what make a character interesting. Yes, Suzaku is hypocritical: but he has his reasons, and his hypocracies aren't all that he is anymore than the Geass defines who Lulu is.

Vi Britannia thank you

you're rigth there, Lelouch is beign as much back stabbing as Suzaku is but then with Rolo..
though we all like Lelouch and he's the main character, he can do what eh want XD Suzaku however, like him as a character but hate him as well.. n.o. 1 on my list right now hwoever is Nunnally
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 18:23   Link #838
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Quote:
To be honest for me it is just too convenient for Suzaku that Knights of One gets to govern any area they choose.
Oh you mean like how convenient it is for Lulu to have the most powerful Geass? They're both hax in their own ways.

Quote:

QFT
Old 2008-05-04, 18:37   Link #839
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Lord View Post
Oh you mean like how convenient it is for Lulu to have the most powerful Geass? They're both hax in their own ways.
The difference is that Geass has been in the plot for the entire show but the Knights of One thing just came out of no where and it wasn't even mentioned or implied before.
Old 2008-05-04, 21:34   Link #840
orangejuicetang

Maybe it's just me, but did anyone else notice how much they stressed that Suzaku was Lelouch's opposite in pretty much almost everyway during his Suzuku school introuction scene in Ep 5? I mean, it was kind of pointing out the obvious. Also, when Rollo asked Lelouch if he should kill Suzuku with his geass, does anyone else think that just before Rollo stabs Suzuku, Suzuku's "Live" command will activate, and he will kind of unconsciously grab the knife? After all, it could be a case of one Geass overiding another one, i think the producers already mentioned that Suzuku's "Live" command will cause trouble for Lelouch, and Rollo's doesn't exactly stab quickly with that knife of his. He kind of, just briskly walks over to the person and sticks the knife in. I'm sure people could catch it if they weren't frozen by his geass.
Back on subject though, it's really interesting to see the changes in Suzuku's personality compared to S1. Did anyone really think that the Suzuku from first half of S1 could have pulled off that whole
S: "Here's a call from the new governor that you are probably going try to get rid off as Zero"
L: "Oh really, is this okay, after all I'm just some student who you know is trying to mastermind the destruction of the currently strongest nation on Earth, so this call is going to be a waste of time"
S: "Oh yeah by the way, the new governor is your sister. Your real one, the thing most precious to you that you were willing to sacrifice the OtBK to check up on her. Good luck trying to destroy her"
L makes the Oh Shit face.
I personally found that telephone scene at the end of the episode really, really funny, especially Lelouch's expression at the end. Priceless. For everything else, there's Mastercard. Lol
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote