AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-06, 17:44   Link #8681
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
then how is this NOT a derailment of his character
you could argue that its a logical development, but that development is derived from a TOTAL MENTAL BREAKDOWN
after the flejia went off, he could have turned to cannibalism and it would still "techniclly" be a development
but it wouldnt make it any less of a derailment from his original character
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 17:48   Link #8682
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
then how is this NOT a derailment of his character
you could argue that its a logical development, but that development is derived from a TOTAL MENTAL BREAKDOWN
after the flejia went off, he could have turned to cannibalism and it would still "techniclly" be a development
but it wouldnt make it any less of a derailment from his original character

Where did i state it is a derailment or not? I do not examine this actually, i was just loling with the whole "shit", he decided to go in the end. Like, AH Suzu, Stage 5 dude, Stage 5. All it would take, it would be a yes to Zero, but no, you wanted to play by the rules and thought everything was gonna get magically in its place. One thing i always loved about his chara and at the same time i was "ahhhhhh."
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 17:48   Link #8683
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Ah, but he never had much potential to be a cannibal. All through the second season, though, he was struggling with questions like "Can I justify killing some to save others" and "How much is too much," and "Am I really in the right, are my methods really the best ones...?" and FLEIJA was just the last straw that made him go "SCREW IT. I was wrong, the ends do justify the means" and basically admitted to himself that he had, all along, been sort of following that thinking from the beginning, no matter how he tried to deny it (After all, if you're killing people to save other people, that's still a case of "it's justified because in the end it saves people". He's always been a hypocrite, it's just he never wanted to admit it)
__________________


Signature picture by ffxfan13
Avatar by teabeef on livejournal
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 18:04   Link #8684
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
he still went too far in my opinion
going from semi-heroic
to dragon of the most evil dictator in history
that is basiclly taking a nosedive down the slippery slope
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 18:11   Link #8685
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
he still went too far in my opinion
going from semi-heroic
to dragon of the most evil dictator in history
that is basiclly taking a nosedive down the slippery slope

Lol, please he was never "heroic." He just accepted, that Lelouch's philosophy was right afterall. And that he did a lot of shit as well, and entered the emo-corner with Lulu and decided ZR. <--description in a shallow nutshell, that is lol
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 18:18   Link #8686
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
stopping in mid battle to save a woman and her child falling from a nearby building ?
willingly risking his life to stop a fight between rival members of the purist faction ?

while the SIDE he was fighting on was villainous, suzaku himself had always been portrayed as mostly heroic
far more so then lelouch

at least in season 1

season two might have played up his antagonist part, but he was still far from a "bad guy" on matters no concerning lelouch and the OOBK
the whole set up in ep 8 with the million zero's was BUILT around that fact
he end up being unable to refrain kallen because he refuses to sink to lelouch's level (and later, gets his ass kicked trying to apologize)
and he had taken the flejia unto the battle field and refused to use it under any circomstances, even to save his own life (which led to something that is not really his fault)

he was never portrayed as particularly villainous or cold hearted

and then in the final arc he goes ape shit and doesnt care about the deaths of god only knows how many people
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 18:21   Link #8687
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
stopping in mid battle to save a woman and her child falling from a nearby building ?
willingly risking his life to stop a fight between rival members of the purist faction ?

while the SIDE he was fighting on was villainous, suzaku himself had always been portrayed as mostly heroic
far more so then lelouch

at least in season 1

season two might have played up his antagonist part, but he was still far from a "bad guy" on matters no concerning lelouch and the OOBK
the whole set up in ep 8 with the million zero's was BUILT around that fact
he end up being unable to refrain kallen because he refuses to sink to lelouch's level (and later, gets his ass kicked trying to apologize)
and he had taken the flejia unto the battle field and refused to use it under any circomstances, even to save his own life (which led to something that is not really his fault)

he was never portrayed as particularly villainous or cold hearted

and then in the final arc he goes ape shit and doesnt care about the deaths of god only knows how many people
Alright, it was the worse derailment ever!111 we got it.

You ask me though, i think it was a natural outcome of "tired of pretending" and "fuck, i killed 483049304930 people" It is not like Suzaku was being dandy, he was majorly fucked up in R2, and the Fleia was just the strawberry in the cake.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 18:28   Link #8688
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
my problem is that he took it all the way around in the wrong direction
he spends the season fighting against lelouch
the end result of this battle is the destruction of the the tokyo settlement and the deaths of 35 million people
and instead of having a "my god what have i done" moment and quiting the army forever after realizing that his way doesnt work and only causes death and misery
he ends up joining force with lelouch (the man responsible for the death and destruction)

and instead of trying to bring about peace using, you know, PEACEFUL means
they decide that what they should do is cause MORE pain and suffering and death, first and THEN bring about world peace using a method that is not only unreliable
but also based, in its entirety on a LIE
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 18:28   Link #8689
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
You ask me though, i think it was a natural outcome of "tired of pretending" and "fuck, i killed 483049304930 people" It is not like Suzaku was being dandy, he was majorly fucked up in R2, and the Fleia was just the strawberry in the cake.
Man, that's really messed up. He killed the entire world 80 times over.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 18:30   Link #8690
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rio
Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post

Lol, please he was never "heroic." He just accepted, that Lelouch's philosophy was right afterall. And that he did a lot of shit as well, and entered the emo-corner with Lulu and decided ZR. <--description in a shallow nutshell, that is lol
I can't say it was the right philosophy(but that's my opinion and got nothing to do with the series, hehe)... But it certainly was a necessity to end the war. Suzaku may be naive, but he's not dumb to think that keep doing what he did all the series was going to work after all that after the fleija and the recent stuff.

Blade, people change. Suzaku endured a lot of pain in the series and changed to fight against it.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 18:31   Link #8691
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Man, that's really messed up. He killed the entire world 80 times over.
He was too lethal-gun-mode, what can i say? 8D

incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 18:33   Link #8692
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
I can't say it was the right philosophy(but that's my opinion and got nothing to do with the series, hehe)... But it certainly was a necessity to end the war. Suzaku may be naive, but he's not dumb to think that keep doing what he did all the series was going to work after all that after the fleija and the recent stuff.

Blade, people change. Suzaku endured a lot of pain in the series and changed to fight against it.
some people change
lelouch for example changed after ep 7

suzaku on the other hand, SNAPPED
thats not the same thing
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 18:38   Link #8693
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
some people change
suzaku on the other hand, SNAPPED
thats not the same thing
Ahhh, and by snapping you change you know. Especially if you are to take an 180o one turn. It makes sense for the way he changed, it is not like he had anything wait for him, Nunally was gone as well, because he was too pride-ish to let go of Guren fight, that was pwning his ass. Or so he thought.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 18:42   Link #8694
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
who on earth would figure that after causing the deaths of 35 million people due to his own stubbornness
suzaku would figure that the right thing to do was to go and kill even MORE people
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 18:43   Link #8695
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
who on earth would figure that after causing the deaths of 35 million people due to his own stubbornness
suzaku would figure that the right thing to do was to go and kill even MORE people
Told you, too fucked-up-ery, cannot blame the guy after all he's been through, ahh.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 18:43   Link #8696
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rio
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
who on earth would figure that after causing the deaths of 35 million people due to his own stubbornness
suzaku would figure that the right thing to do was to go and kill even MORE people
Well, turning into a monk was not going to help anything either...
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 18:50   Link #8697
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Well, turning into a monk was not going to help anything either...
it was the more REASONABLE course of action
it makes more sense then just saying "i kill a lot of people, and that makes me feel sad"
"so the solution isnt to stop killing, but rather to stop CARING"
"that way, i can keep killing people, without feeling sad"
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 19:10   Link #8698
yvj
U Mad?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
it was the more REASONABLE course of action
it makes more sense then just saying "i kill a lot of people, and that makes me feel sad"
"so the solution isnt to stop killing, but rather to stop CARING"
"that way, i can keep killing people, without feeling sad"
I'm going to be honest while watching R1 I sort of expected Suzaku to be the one who would uphold some resemblance of an ideal "justice." Or more specifically I thought by the end Suzaku would be the closest to a "shonen" hero like Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin after his man slayer days.

Thank God I didn't bet on it. Did anyone feel like this?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic81253_4.gif
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 19:11   Link #8699
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
In conclusion, Suzaku and Lelouch went off the deepend and became major douchebags by the end of the series, in order to make their dream of a peaceful world a reality. And, uh, well... their reasoning was never all that logical, but whatevs. XD
__________________


Signature picture by ffxfan13
Avatar by teabeef on livejournal
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 19:12   Link #8700
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
I'm going to be honest while watching R1 I sort of expected Suzaku to be the one who would uphold some resemblance of an ideal "justice." Or more specifically I thought by the end Suzaku would be the closest to a "shonen" hero like Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin after his man slayer days.

Thank God I didn't bet on it. Did anyone feel like this?
I did as well. And then i realize, that it is Sunrise, and there is gonna be trolling, oh yes. 8D

p.s even though, after Suzaku's freakout, after Mao revealed about his papa, i was pretty sure he was gonna commit suicide or something, lol
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.