AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-12, 01:28   Link #961
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
in terms of piloting ability, Suzaku is still miles ahead of Kallen.
Perhaps by natural ability, but when we consider in the experience, Kallen doesn't fall that behind Suzaku.
Old 2008-05-12, 02:07   Link #962
DN24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Perhaps by natural ability, but when we consider in the experience, Kallen doesn't fall that behind Suzaku.
Suzaku spent 1 year fighting the EU while Kallen didn't pilot anything during that time.Obviously he has more experience than her. But Kallen being at KoR level make me think that the KoR aren't that strong after all
DN24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 05:39   Link #963
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

How do you know she hasn't been in a Knightmare? It seems that the Order has been active over the year. Besides, the fact remains that Kallen trains all the time so I wouldn't be surprised if she has gotten better.

Beside, some aspects of what Gino said indicated they weren't trying all that hard. I wouldn't be surrprised if Kallen was around the level of an KoR to be honest in anycase.

And again, it's been stated by Okouchi that Suzaku's abilities are not natural. Now, experience certainly does factor in and it's true he has a lot of experience now with the Lancelot.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 10:28   Link #964
zalem

I think Suzaku is the better pilot, I just dispute the "miles ahead" thing. He'd probably come up the winner of a one-on-one battle with Guren. But I don't think it would be an easy win at all.
Old 2008-05-12, 19:23   Link #965
hero147

Kallen couldve destroyed the Tristan and the Modred while they were inactive right then and there, I would expect them to be a nuisance in the later stages. As to who is the better pilot between Kallen and Suzaku, I would have to pick Kallen, after the fight in episode 6, Kallen was clearly winning, and both of them were on the same level of interest in destroying each other. Kallen actually strikes before Suzaku can even unsheathe his sword after firing his Hadron cannon. Their machines are ~about the same level. The only reason Kallen wouldve lost to Suzaku is due to the fact that her machine is too dependent on her radioactive arm, which comes as a curse, as when it is actually damaged, the unit is not special anymore.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 19:25   Link #966
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Kallen couldve destroyed the Tristan and the Modred while they were inactive right then and there, I would expect them to be a nuisance in the later stages. As to who is the better pilot between Kallen and Suzaku, I would have to pick Kallen, after the fight in episode 6, Kallen was clearly winning, and both of them were on the same level of interest in destroying each other. Kallen actually strikes before Suzaku can even unsheathe his sword after firing his Hadron cannon. Their machines are ~about the same level. The only reason Kallen wouldve lost to Suzaku is due to the fact that her machine is too dependent on her radioactive arm, which comes as a curse, as when it is actually damaged, the unit is not special anymore.
However, we have to consider the situation of having to save their leaders from the crashing plane.
Old 2008-05-12, 19:25   Link #967
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I attribute Suzaku's inability to do much against Kallen to surprise at the turn of events and not being fully aware of the Guren's new abilities.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-12, 19:31   Link #968
Used Can

The turn of events in this episode was similar to that of last season when Kallen got Guren for the first time. However, when Suzaku got serious (some episodes later), she could barely scratch him. All the same, Lancelot (overall) is a much better mecha.

I think we'll be able to stablish proper comparisons on their abilities the next time they have a battle.
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 19:34   Link #969
orangejuicetang

Actually, there were two parts I didn't get. The first was Kallen trying to save Lelouch from the burning plane. But from what I saw, she was just like, "I know!" and just stood there floating in the air. I thought that she would have blasted a hole open in the ship and began searching randomly, or at least have followed Suzuku into the ship. Though conviently for her, Lelouch falls through the hole that Lancelot made and just conviently happens to fall right into her position. The second part was, when Suzuku entered the garden to save Nunually, why didn't he just grab Zero as well? I mean, he was like what, five feet away from Lancelot when he got sucked through the hole. I thought that Suzuku was just going to reach out his hand like king kong and grab Lelouch as well. I mean, I doubt that it would have taken so much time that they couldn't have been able to get out safely. Or even just reach out and grab him as he was flying through the air, instead of saying "Zero, now's not..."
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 19:38   Link #970
tenken627
what Yagi said

I wouldn't say either of them are miles ahead better than the other. It's mostly about the mechas (Knightmares). The side that has the upper hand is the one with the shiny new upgrade.

"I'll show you with my Knightmare's new pulse emitting wave beam universal studio transfunctioner sword! Take that!"

"Oh yeah?? I'll counter your pulse emitting wave beam universal studio transfunctioner sword with my new swing blade blow dry magnifying telemundo jet blaster!"

"Oh wow, I can't do anything about that"

1 day and $2,342,394,823,423,847 later =

"Hahaha, fear me now, I now have a new sound wave porta-potty goggle view detachable wing set that lets me fly! Hahaha, all you old Knightmares are so easy now!"

"Oh no, I can't do anything against that! It's too powerful!! What?!?! What's that you say random submarine that comes out of nowhere?? You say you have also have a sound wave porta-potty goggle view detachable wing set for me too?? And this one also has a customizable cup holder??? Strap me in!! This battle isn't over yet!!"
tenken627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 19:40   Link #971
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, blasting a huge hole wouldn't exactly be a good idea given the ship was already in a bad state.

Suzaku's focus was probably on Nunnally and he may have figured Zero wouldn't make it out.

The Lancelot is overall still the better mech since it can be used in a variety of situations, though the Guren's upgrade certainly evened things a bit.

Old 2008-05-12, 20:03   Link #972
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
I wouldn't say either of them are miles ahead better than the other. It's mostly about the mechas (Knightmares). The side that has the upper hand is the one with the shiny new upgrade.

"I'll show you with my Knightmare's new pulse emitting wave beam universal studio transfunctioner sword! Take that!"

"Oh yeah?? I'll counter your pulse emitting wave beam universal studio transfunctioner sword with my new swing blade blow dry magnifying telemundo jet blaster!"

"Oh wow, I can't do anything about that"

1 day and $2,342,394,823,423,847 later =

"Hahaha, fear me now, I now have a new sound wave porta-potty goggle view detachable wing set that lets me fly! Hahaha, all you old Knightmares are so easy now!"

"Oh no, I can't do anything against that! It's too powerful!! What?!?! What's that you say random submarine that comes out of nowhere?? You say you have also have a sound wave porta-potty goggle view detachable wing set for me too?? And this one also has a customizable cup holder??? Strap me in!! This battle isn't over yet!!"

The sad thing is, Llyod would most likely agree with you.

"Don't worry, Suzaku! The Lancelot already has a cupholder armrest, and the Ygdrassil Drive also works as a refrigerator to! And don't forget the cigaret lighter power converter for powering your cell phone!"
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 20:30   Link #973
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well motivated and pi$$ed off (Like after Euffie's death) Suzaku >>>>> Karen

But the way he was in this episode where he was being so f**king passive-aggressive, and almost uppity at the mere fact he might have to kill her, Suzaku = Karen...Even with upgrades I still don't think MKII or III now or whatever is better than a supremely pi$$ed off Suzaku in Lancelot (which I still see as the best suit, and now with conquistador OMGBBQ )...Lancelot + Suzaku's stick-in-the-a$$ berserker mode is tuff to deal with...Karen, on the element of surprise and adrenaline gave an awesome performance, but I don't see any more triple KoR's pwnage in her future...She's better than Gilford's a$$ though...
Old 2008-05-12, 20:44   Link #974
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Well motivated and pi$$ed off (Like after Euffie's death) Suzaku >>>>> Karen

But the way he was in this episode where he was being so f**king passive-aggressive, and almost uppity at the mere fact he might have to kill her, Suzaku = Karen...Even with upgrades I still don't think MKII or III now or whatever is better than a supremely pi$$ed off Suzaku in Lancelot (which I still see as the best suit, and now with conquistador OMGBBQ )...Lancelot + Suzaku's stick-in-the-a$$ berserker mode is tuff to deal with...Karen, on the element of surprise and adrenaline gave an awesome performance, but I don't see any more triple KoR's pwnage in her future...She's better than Gilford's a$$ though...
But, what if you put Kallen or Gilford in a Lancelot?
tenken627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 21:02   Link #975
Aquaman OS

Kallen would probably pilot it just as well as Suzaku does maybe a few changes due to her in your face fighting style.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 21:02   Link #976
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The control system seems different as well.

Old 2008-05-12, 21:04   Link #977
Aquaman OS

It's standard controls. All KMF except those made by Rakshata have them. Kallen used the same controls with her Glasgow and Burai so there'd be no problems.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 21:09   Link #978
orangejuicetang

I remember reading somewhere that the Gurren cockpit was more similar to a motorcycle rather than a KMF. Or it could just be that my memories are playing tricks on me agian.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 21:10   Link #979
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

The question is could she pilot it sitting straight-up as opposed to her hawt-chick laying on an inclined couch position?
Old 2008-05-12, 21:13   Link #980
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
The question is could she pilot it sitting straight-up as opposed to her hawt-chick laying on an inclined couch position?
I would say yes, given that her previous KMF was sitting straight-up.