AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-06-09, 00:21   Link #1401
m1thril
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunman380 View Post
-Not saying that command.
that was purely accidental...I don't think lelouch knew that the geass can randomly just go permanent
m1thril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 00:21   Link #1402
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
-It was a bad joke, but it was to emphasize things he would never order.
-Yeah, not going to happen and where is he going to have the time to find the technology?
-The Order would want her dead and demand blood. He can't protect her.
-Where was he supposed to find one? He didn't exactly know about a lot of Geass users or did I miss something?

And that whole thing was planned far in advance. The thing with Euphemia was sudden and chaotic with no planning behind it at all.

Why is everyone being so critical about every little thing with this? It was an accident that he had no way of knowing about. He didn't plan on a truce with Euphemia after all. You could blame her for asking him what he was joking about with these arguments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1thril View Post
that was purely accidental...I don't think lelouch knew that the geass can randomly just go permanent
He knew about Mao, but he had no indication or reason to think it would happen with him.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 00:23   Link #1403
cajunman380
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You said:
"Suzaku will gouge [Lulu's] eyes out at the very least to make sure he doesnt do it to anyone else".

That doesn't sound personal to me. That sounds like Suzaku will stop Lulu to protect innocent people.

So which is it? Protect innocents or personal?

You are claiming Suzaku want to protect people from Lulu's "evil powers", yet he works for someone who is even more regularly using the same evil powers.
I am saying hes going to gouge Leoched eyes out because he hates the fact that Euphie died because of his mistake and hes gonna make sure he wont fuck up ever again. And i said this as a possible scenario for when the cat gets out of the bag. The reason is that SUzaku apparenlty cant kill Leouch (He had so many chances) so he may as well do that. Its personal definately personal. The Innocents thing is an added bonus. And yeah as I said hes working for an evil guy but Leouch killed his loved one. Not exactly the best of choices is it?


Quote:
-It was a bad joke, but it was to emphasize things he would never order.
-Yeah, not going to happen and where is he going to have the time to find the technology?
-The Order would want her dead and demand blood. He can't protect her.
-Where was he supposed to find one? He didn't exactly know about a lot of Geass users or did I miss something?
-It reeked of stupidity. There were hundereds of similar examples availabe.
-Laksharta, who knows
-Suzaku can. Tell him the truth and tell him Euphies life is at stake.
-C.C may know
cajunman380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 00:28   Link #1404
m1thril
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
He knew about Mao, but he had no indication or reason to think it would happen with him.
that's what i was trying to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
-The Order would want her dead and demand blood. He can't protect her.
I think he can protect her from the Order though. Zero is the only reason why the Order is having such a huge success against Brittania. They wouldn't dare defy him. It would be the same thing as chopping of their own head. All he would need to do is say that she is under his protection. Sure, the Order may be extremely unhappy about it, but they will listen to him.
m1thril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 00:30   Link #1405
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
-Sorry that Lelouch can't act like someone smart and not make a stupid joke. Blame the writers.
-That's a bit flimsy.
-And what the hell is he going to do. Euphemia would try and kill him once she realized he was Japanese. The only reason she didn't in 23 was because of the bloodloss.
-I think Lelouch would have had the sense to ask her a few questions about the Geass like that. Of course, you might not think so I suppose.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 00:36   Link #1406
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunman380 View Post
I And yeah as I said hes working for an evil guy but Leouch killed his loved one. Not exactly the best of choices is it?
Since when did he HAVE to work for the Emperor?

The Lancelot is just a tool for war. If Suzaku is working for the Emperor for the sake of having Lancelot, he certainly isn't doing anything constructive with it.

It is a complete logical fallacy to think that Suzaku don't have any other choice other than working for an evil Emperor; he WANT to work for the Emperor because he believes in following Laws, even if the law is evil.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 01:23   Link #1407
DN24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
We are at it again,the massacre joke!! I too lost a lot of respect for Lelouch after that incident. There are several ways to restrain Euphie,to lock her up in stead of killing her.

Quote:
And what the hell is he going to do. Euphemia would try and kill him once she realized he was Japanese. The only reason she didn't in 23 was because of the bloodloss
I don't think Euphie can possilby kill Suzaku even if she try(he can dodge bullets!!!!)
I believe when LL shoot Euphie he had already come up with the plan to use her massacre as the trigger for the Black rebellion( he had already done all the preparation,hadn't he?).So i have no problem when Suzaku sold him to Charles or when he got his memory rewritten,he should pay for what he did.

And why can people say stuff like "taking over the world is only LL mean to achieve his goal" but can't think of something like "working for the Emperor is only Suzaku mean to save his people"??
DN24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 02:08   Link #1408
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DN24 View Post
And why can people say stuff like "taking over the world is only LL mean to achieve his goal" but can't think of something like "working for the Emperor is only Suzaku mean to save his people"??
Because Suzaku is never going to save his people. Becoming a Knight of One and rule Area 11 still won't protect the Japanese people, because Suzaku has repeatedly shown to be unable to oppose Britannian traditions.
(As the direct opposite of Lulu, Suzaku is invincible in battle but possess no capacity for leadership. This means he would not be able to "save" anyone as a ruler of Japan.)

Specifically, Suzaku is the agent for the status-quo, while Lulu is the agent for change.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 02:49   Link #1409
DN24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
At least he has the desire to save people,you should give him credit for that.

Quote:
Specifically, Suzaku is the agent for the status-quo, while Lulu is the agent for change
I'm really confuse about Lulu right now,he left Japan and now he's preparing to plunge China(a country he has nothing to do with) into war with Britania for his own good?(just because he can't use Japan anymore since his sis is in charge there)
DN24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 03:00   Link #1410
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DN24 View Post
At least he has the desire to save people,you should give him credit for that.



I'm really confuse about Lulu right now,he left Japan and now he's preparing to plunge China(a country he has nothing to do with) into war with Britania for his own good?(just because he can't use Japan anymore since his sis is in charge there)
I will give Suzaku credit when he takes "saving people" seriously. Lip service isn't good enough.

And as for Lulu, we don't actually know what he is planning right now. I will wait another week before judging his actions.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 03:29   Link #1411
DN24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
He did take some action already but most people disapprove with his method so..., and don't forget about that 1 million Zero he let go last ep.

For LL: he wants to control Tianzi,doesn't he ? Why? He wants China to take his side in the war with Britania.If war break out as a result of Xingke's coup then Zero offer to help them it would be more acceptable for me.But Lelouch is too prideful for that I guess,he won't take a victory that is offered to him (chess match with Schneizel),so he kidnap the Empress and plan to use her his way!!
DN24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 03:38   Link #1412
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DN24 View Post
For LL: he wants to control Tianzi,doesn't he ? Why? He wants China to take his side in the war with Britania.If war break out as a result of Xingke's coup then Zero offer to help them it would be more acceptable for me.But Lelouch is too prideful for that I guess,he won't take a victory that is offered to him (chess match with Schneizel),so he kidnap the Empress and plan to use her his way!!
All completely legitimate assumptions that Britannia and China would believe in; but that's exactly that, assumptions.

Taking Zero at face-value is the downfall of many. Don't forget, he wouldn't be doing something the BK wouldn't agree on.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 07:40   Link #1413
Eliarine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
This again? Come on, aren't we even allowed to try and defend Suzaku in the Suzaku thread now? No one is saying Lelouch geassing Euphie and having to kill her was not an accident. What seems to bother people (me at least) is that people are way too ready to dismiss it as an accident and forget it altogether. The thing is, Suzaku has no idea it was an accident, so we can't forget it as far as their relationship is concerned. Face it, to Suzaku Lelouch is a monster right now. And your saying he had no other option but to kill Euphie does not solve that.

I'm not even going to adress Vallen's conviction that Suzaku becoming Knight of One won't achieve anything. It's pretty clear whose side you're on and seeing your posts in general makes me wants to avoid "discussion" with you at all costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN24 View Post
And why can people say stuff like "taking over the world is only LL mean to achieve his goal" but can't think of something like "working for the Emperor is only Suzaku mean to save his people"??
Because most people here are on Lelouch's side. Lelouch gets away with anything, Suzaku is criticized for everything. That's how it works.

And what the heck, I shouldn't even be reading this thread.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 07:40   Link #1414
Silver Soul
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edo Japan
Okay will already establish the point that Lelouch had to kill Euphie just to put her out of her misery because she hated doing what she was doing and restraining her for the rest of her life wouldn't accomplish anything because she would have no memory of what she did and it would devastate her if she found out. My main issuse with Lelouch is that he took advantage of the situation and act like an complete ass to Suzaku about it when he confront him"its all in the past" someone you loved just died and that's the last thing you want to hear and even in the latest episode when Nina confronted him about Euphie again he said the same thing, apparently he's still stuck in this whole idal that he's gone to far down the dark path and there's no turning back, although in the previous episode Nunnally siad she would have forgiven Zero for most of his actions and Suzaku was on th verge as well since all he wants to know is why he killed Euphie but the latest episode didn't see any development in his ideal apparently he still conflicted with forgiving zero for want he did. So now after all that he takes advantage of the situation in China again and kidnap the emperess, I think we all sw a glimpse into Lelouch true character during the chess match in that he's no different from the emperor, infact hes a downright coward!
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 11:08   Link #1415
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
This again? Come on, aren't we even allowed to try and defend Suzaku in the Suzaku thread now?
Of course not. The general consensus is that Britannia is OMGWTF evil and anyone who supports them is a bad person. Suzaku supports it,(but doesn't do it in a evil way so he also doesn't get the benefit of being a "cool" villain either) therefore people don't like him and he's not allowed any leeway.

Also Lelouch appeals to everyones revenge fantasies as well since when most fanboys are being oppressed I'm sure they'd rather brainwash their tormentor into shooting themselves rather than sucking it up and enduring it in the hopes that it will get better one day which is what Suzaku basically does.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 11:16   Link #1416
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Also Lelouch appeals to everyones revenge fantasies as well since when most fanboys are being oppressed I'm sure they'd rather brainwash their tormentor into shooting themselves rather than sucking it up and enduring it in the hopes that it will get better one day which is what Suzaku basically does.
Of course, Suzaku is also telling EVERYONE ELSE to suck it up and endure it, when they don't have to.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 11:18   Link #1417
Sotobrastos
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Defending Suzaku doesn't work out well when you start making generalizations about those who disagree with you.
Sotobrastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 11:28   Link #1418
Eliarine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Ah, I'd give up, Aquaman. Suzaku is the devil incarnate and we are obviously fooling ourselves thinking we're being objective by looking at things from both perspectives. He has no excuses. I hope Lelouch kills him in the most horrible way, but not too horrible so we can still see our dear hero as the kindest person on Earth.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 15:41   Link #1419
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotobrastos View Post
Defending Suzaku doesn't work out well when you start making generalizations about those who disagree with you.
What's wrong with generalizations? Generalizations are a natural tool for the human mind, to find patterns and use those patterns to move through life more efficiently. And whatever you say, you know those generalizations are pretty much correct. When did AquamanOS say that all Suzaku haters think Britannia is evil or that all Suzaku haters indulge in revenge fantasies? The fact is that many of them do, and that's reason enough to lambast them.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 15:42   Link #1420
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Ah, I'd give up, Aquaman. Suzaku is the devil incarnate and we are obviously fooling ourselves thinking we're being objective by looking at things from both perspectives. He has no excuses. I hope Lelouch kills him in the most horrible way, but not too horrible so we can still see our dear hero as the kindest person on Earth.
Yeah....Suzaku is sooo the devil despite the fact that the guy couldn't even plot a coup'd etat even if he wanted to or backstab others.

You bashers give him wayyy too much credit. If he was like Lelouch where he manipulated people and sacrificed others for his own goals then sure.

At the moment he's just a soldier with a confusing agenda
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.