AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-04-13, 18:05   Link #141
germanturkey
Smiling Monster
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 25
I equate Suzaku to darth vader. trust me, he'll do something similar to what Vadar did in return of the jedi down the road. he'll sacrifice himself for lelouch's dream, because Lelouch's dream will eventually change over the course of the season to allow Suzaku to accept it too.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 18:11   Link #142
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I'd rather that not happen, if anyone is to be Darth Vader I'd rather it be Rollo, it'd take away all that built up hate for Suzaku and make him even more cheesy then he already is, best to leave him as the enemy he is for any semblance of respect we may have for him now that he's stopped preaching I feel
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 18:35   Link #143
germanturkey
Smiling Monster
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 25
he's stopped preaching because his heart is dead. euphie, dead. lelouch, not friends any more. no family, no friends (except his comrades). he lost everything pursuing his dream, so now he'll work endless towards it, regardless of what gets in his way.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 18:35   Link #144
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Which is why I say leave him there if it stops the preaching
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 18:42   Link #145
prototype_sky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
This season is going to be interesting Kallen totally failed last season to keep suzaku in check so for Zero to win either Suzaku or Rollo is going to have to switch sides to balance things out. Rollo is Suzaku squared at this point to have both geass and politing skill the only thing missing is his cunning, which I am sure we'll see in the next episode.

I don't get all this suzaku hate, everyone has many faces good, bad, and indifferent, so far most of the characters on this show deserve the swift justice for the sins they've committed.

Suzaku done some bad things but he's also done some good things, same can be said of Leouche. The irony of this whole story is that after witnessing the horror of war as kids and wanting to prevent it. They're current actions and selfishness are causing even more death and destruction.
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 19:26   Link #146
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Suzaku still not a "bad" guy exactly. He's actually quite professional toward Lelouch despite the fact that he brainwashed his girl to commit atrocities that she would never do in her right mind, crushing her dream, and then after he had made use of her cruelly killed her right in front of him. (Now of course WE know thats not what really happened but Suzaku doesn't especially since Lelouch refused to tell him the truth. If he had he might have been able to perhaps get out of that situation. Oh Lelouch you're too nice for your own good.)

Suzaku is either going to join Lelouch either begrudging or not, sacrifice himself for him, or just die being an enemy to the end but with sadness from both sides and tears from Lelouch as another victim of Britannia's ways. Lelouch isn't going to get pleasure from his death, and it won't be cruel and unusual. So don't expect Lelouch dancing on his corpse or anything like that.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 19:47   Link #147
Juvyniled
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Age: 26
It's interesting to note that in these particular discussion (or rather chaotic arguments) that people tend to adopt one point of view in favor of another, and it is quite clear which point of view many people are adopting.

Why is it that because Suzaku is Lelouch's friend (notice how I did not write it the other way around), he must yield to his every whim? As many times as Suzaku has tried to kill Lelouch, Lelouch has done so to Suzaku. Simply because Lelouch and the black knights are unable to take him down does not equate to them holding any remorse towards Suzaku; if the Lelouch could kill Suzaku, he would. Now, it was NOT always like this, but with the progression of the plot, it was clear that there would be no more holds barred.

Wait.... didn't Suzaku say something like (or rather scream), "I'LL KILL YOU!" and I believe that quote in particular was directed at none other than Lelouch. Lelouch was spared.... does that mean that Suzaku still has feelings for their former companionship or that Suzaku has other sinister plans in mind? I can't answer that and neither can you, because we do not know what he is thinking (although we can all agree the answer would have been clear if Suzaku had just killed him instead).

For all it is worth, I can see why people SHOULD hate him; he is arrogant and conceited in his belief that simply because he is who he is, he is rightfully correct. However, I've seen an increasing amount of ridiculous accusations against him as a basis for hating his character.
__________________
Why do people insist on developing facts out of opinions...
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 19:49   Link #148
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
Why is it that because Suzaku is Lelouch's friend (notice how I did not write it the other way around), he must yield to his every whim? As many times as Suzaku has tried to kill Lelouch, Lelouch has done so to Suzaku.
Err... Last I checked, Lulu did everything and anything to NOT kill Suzaku, up until the final episode of last season. Where did you get the idea that Lulu wanted him dead? He stopped Kallen's assassination attempts twice!
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 19:57   Link #149
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
If you look at all of Suzaku's actions you can come to a simple, clear concise conclusion. He's a hypocrite who's only interested in his outward appearance and status. If he really cared about the japanese people, he would have let his dad fight, or join with the winning side, OOBK. If he really cared about legality, he wouldn't punch Lloyd and launch by himself. If he really cared about revenge, he would have killed Lelouch in the cave. Instead he pawns his way into the military and into the KOTR (stupid FFVII abbreviation :P) with a trade of lelouch. He killed his father knowing he was going to lose and with it any hope of a redeeming status. he's still one of he less hated enemies in my book however. *is still mad at shuri's father*
__________________
Goodbye AnimeSuki
You have lost your once great spirit
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 19:59   Link #150
prototype_sky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Err... Last I checked, Lulu did everything and anything to NOT kill Suzaku, up until the final episode of last season. Where did you get the idea that Lulu wanted him dead? He stopped Kallen's assassination attempts twice!
Man if Kallen can succeed in killing Suzaku I'd be amazed . She pretty much had her chance on the island and she got pwned. She'd literally have to resort to backstabbing tactics to take suzaku down at this point.

So far Rollo seems to be the only one who could match suzaku in piloting skills after 27 episodes. Hopefully the Xing guy have some hack skills as well since I believe suzaku being practically uncontested in season one is one of the reasons people direct hatred towards him
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 20:04   Link #151
Juvyniled
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Err... Last I checked, Lulu did everything and anything to NOT kill Suzaku, up until the final episode of last season. Where did you get the idea that Lulu wanted him dead? He stopped Kallen's assassination attempts twice!
I didn't say that the moment he determined Suzaku to be his main obstacle, that he wanted to axe him.

If we must be technical, then so we shall. Up until the very final episode, Suzaku's desire was to eliminate Zero and not Lelouch specificly. Lelouch and Zero are one and the same, but Suzaku was not aware of that until near the very end of the series.
__________________
Why do people insist on developing facts out of opinions...
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 20:14   Link #152
Marsala
Delurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
I didn't say that the moment he determined Suzaku to be his main obstacle, that he wanted to axe him.

If we must be technical, then so we shall. Up until the very final episode, Suzaku's desire was to eliminate Zero and not Lelouch specificly. Lelouch and Zero are one and the same, but Suzaku was not aware of that until near the very end of the series.
Actually, Suzaku implied that he had suspected Lelouch to be Zero for quite some time before that, but he didn't want to believe it. Suzaku definitely knew during his cell phone call to Lelouch at the end of Episode 23. My guess is that he suspected from his first meeting with Zero.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 20:15   Link #153
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
He suspected after the island incident in episode 18 according to the interviews >_>
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 20:16   Link #154
Juvyniled
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Actually, Suzaku implied that he had suspected Lelouch to be Zero for quite some time before that, but he didn't want to believe it. Suzaku definitely knew during his cell phone call to Lelouch at the end of Episode 23. My guess is that he suspected from his first meeting with Zero.
Had he actually desired to act on that suspicion, he could have easily murdered him at school.
__________________
Why do people insist on developing facts out of opinions...
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 20:19   Link #155
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
And he could have murdered him in the cave, but chose to trade him in for a cushy seat in the KoR's, your point?
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 20:29   Link #156
Juvyniled
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
And he could have murdered him in the cave, but chose to trade him in for a cushy seat in the KoR's, your point?
My point is that intention is quite clear if whatever we suspect SHOULD happen does happen. Are you saying Suzaku traded his relationship with Euphemia simply for the trust of the Emperor? To believe that he concocted this entire plan is to note that he is somewhat intelligent (which even I doubt he is). Let's ignore the fact that Lelouch must survive up until a certain point for the show to continue. We were not shown Suzaku's reaction when it was revealed to him that Zero is Lelouch and that Zero had killed Euphemia (I am sure that we can confirm that much, but what else was said is unknown), so even he could be somewhat conflicted in that regard.

Suzaku could have eliminated Lelouch then and there, and he would have fulfilled his "revenge" to say the least AND I'm sure that he would have been held in somewhat high regards even then. Are you telling me that he was fully aware that he would be in a position to "advance" in the hierarchy? That he had made this deal prior? Waltzed up right to the Emperor in his almighty lair and cut a deal with him? Anybody would scoff at that notion.
__________________
Why do people insist on developing facts out of opinions...
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 20:32   Link #157
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Man if Kallen can succeed in killing Suzaku I'd be amazed . She pretty much had her chance on the island and she got pwned. She'd literally have to resort to backstabbing tactics to take suzaku down at this point.
She WAS back-stabbing. Quite literally too.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 20:33   Link #158
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Could it be that Suzaku wants to kill the Emperor?

He wants to "change the world from within". So maybe he wants to be close with the Emperor and kill kim if it's needed.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 20:33   Link #159
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I thought that was exactly what he did, walk up to the Emperor and cut a deal to trade in Lelouch for a position in the Knight of Rounds.
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 20:36   Link #160
Juvyniled
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
I thought that was exactly what he did, walk up to the Emperor and cut a deal to trade in Lelouch for a position in the Knight of Rounds.
At that very instant, he did in fact make a deal. But are you telling me that you know for a fact that he and the emperor had prepared this in ADVANCE? I.E., prior to the current situation?
__________________
Why do people insist on developing facts out of opinions...
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.