AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-20, 22:39   Link #1781
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Fine. She's a naturally gifted pilot. Sorry I bothered trying to argue.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 22:42   Link #1782
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
She does work hard. But she only could have had 2 years experience at most. If she only had average potential there's no way she'd be out performing people who had been piloting since at least Japan's takeover and be the best out of Ougi's group who were all much older than her and had been in the group before she was. As the Emperor said some people are just born better at certain things.
She had the drive and determination to fight, and also she wasn't better then Jeremiah until after she got the Gurren. So I'm sure having one of the best KMF is also a factor she was able to keep up with the more experienced pilots.
Old 2008-06-21, 04:32   Link #1783
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
She does work hard. But she only could have had 2 years experience at most. If she only had average potential there's no way she'd be out performing people who had been piloting since at least Japan's takeover and be the best out of Ougi's group who were all much older than her and had been in the group before she was. As the Emperor said some people are just born better at certain things.
What do you think she was doing while skipping school that much? She worked hard and trained hard for 2 solid years. Unlike Suzaku who got lucky by being given not born with godlike reflexes and after just 1 run in the simulator was given the Lancelot and was just that good.

Plus i like Gundam Seed. There is more than 1 person who is GM and more than 1 person who can go into SEED mode. It evens out in the end. Its not like Suzaku who so far as we know is the only person who got Teh HAX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Fine. She's a naturally gifted pilot. Sorry I bothered trying to argue.
You see what I've been trying to argue with.

Last edited by ZeroSama; 2008-06-21 at 04:43.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 07:16   Link #1784
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
kallen spent a long time piloting a glasgow which is outmoded by most standerds (the burai is an upgraded version)
its only natural she'd be better then most when handed a super prototype after all that time fighting in a sub-par machine

and suzaku was trained by todo so its not like he was just born a good fighter
and the lancelot is so far ahead of its time that you dont have to be that good of a pilot at first (he was fighting people who dont normaly get KMF'S at all)
but after all the time he spent fighting in it him getting better is natural

so while kallen had more expiriance at first (suzaku never piloted a kmf before) suzaku has more exp using the lancelot then kallen with the gurren (even more so when u take the 1 year time skip)

by the way when did they show kallen training (ep 16 ?)
Old 2008-06-21, 09:16   Link #1785
orangejuicetang

Quote:
What do you think she was doing while skipping school that much? She worked hard and trained hard for 2 solid years.
You know, I always thought that she was working with the resistance groups when she wasn't at school.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 10:16   Link #1786
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

[QUOTE=bladeofdarkness;1667864]suzaku was trained by todo so its not like he was just born a good fighter [QUOTE]

Being a martial artist should not equate to being a good KMF pilot. You may be better at combat theory and CQC but it should make no difference when weilding ranged weapons. However animealways seems to work out differently than real life.

You know martial arts? Don't bother to do basic training for 2 years, go directly to uber ace KMF death god status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
You know, I always thought that she was working with the resistance groups when she wasn't at school.
She was and she was training. All the members of the resistance seemded to be able to hand KMF's judging by EP2 of season 1. Since Kallen was the most talented she got their Glasgow. In anime actual combat experience trumps training.
Old 2008-06-21, 10:40   Link #1787
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
in suzaku's case his martial arts training translates to his KMF piloting skills
or did you forget that in ep 2 season 1 he did his tradmark spinzaku kick with the lancelot
Old 2008-06-21, 10:44   Link #1788
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

My point is how does being a good martial artist translate into being a super ace in a KMF with no prior training? There 2 completely different things.

Its just a load of crock. If being a martial artist made you a great KMF pilot then as soon as the Japanese and Chinese got themselves KMF technology Britannia should've just given up.
Old 2008-06-21, 11:48   Link #1789
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
My point is how does being a good martial artist translate into being a super ace in a KMF with no prior training? There 2 completely different things.

Its just a load of crock. If being a martial artist made you a great KMF pilot then as soon as the Japanese and Chinese got themselves KMF technology Britannia should've just given up.
Yea, but the Chinese have only Gun-rus, (which can't do shit) and are just cannon fodder.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 12:08   Link #1790
BlackOni

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
kallen spent a long time piloting a glasgow which is outmoded by most standerds (the burai is an upgraded version)
its only natural she'd be better then most when handed a super prototype after all that time fighting in a sub-par machine

and suzaku was trained by todo so its not like he was just born a good fighter
and the lancelot is so far ahead of its time that you dont have to be that good of a pilot at first (he was fighting people who dont normaly get KMF'S at all)
but after all the time he spent fighting in it him getting better is natural

so while kallen had more expiriance at first (suzaku never piloted a kmf before) suzaku has more exp using the lancelot then kallen with the gurren (even more so when u take the 1 year time skip)

by the way when did they show kallen training (ep 16 ?)

Um actually in episode 2 loyd said that the other test pilots couldn't even get it to move, and in epissoid 4 he said somthing simular again well talking about suzakus case.

Also when milly goes to visit kallens house we see dumbells under her bed.
BlackOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 13:25   Link #1791
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Fact of the matter is it's not like Suzaku just lies around all day and then cheats using his abilites. He does practice in simulators and he does work out, as the series has said. (Sheesh they show Kallen practicing once and all of a sudden people claim she practices all the time and Suzaku never does) In fact Suzaku practiced with the float system before using it for the first time, where as Kallen only read the manual and she still worked it perfectly.

Plus Kallen's not all hard work and practice. She's a naturally talented pilot, which like in all mecha series will out perform not as talented people. If practice was everything theres no way people like Kallen Gino and Anya would be better than the Glaston Knights and all the Britannian and Order pilots who have been piloting for years.
I think you'd better have a look at this...for one, I find that the usage of the Glaston Knights and mook Order pilots for examples is rather odd. Sure, they're elite, in the case of the Glastons, but they're still killed off easily (granted, they had no idea what Zero was gonna do), and as for the Order members, you must be referring to only the Swords and Kallen, and maybe the original resistance group as well, because the other members are by no means totally experienced in piloting Frames. Even still, too, we'd never seen Ogi, Inoue, Sugiyama, Minami, Tamaki or Yoshida pilot a Frame beforehand. Though, dialogue in Ep 2 of R1 says that they do have experience, as well as the episode showing that they could pilot them at an average level. (Still, they could have had a read of the manual.)

And...well, for the Rounds, at least, certainly in Gino's case, practice does count for a lot, since he got to his position of Knight of Three solely through piloting skills which he honed. Practice can't be voided out entirely.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 13:38   Link #1792
Sol Falling

I don't really get the point of this discussion. Are you people trying to say that since 'all' of Suzaku's skills come from an external source that Kallen or whoever has better genes? Jesus, and I thought all of you hated Charles with his incessant ranting about Darwinism and stuff.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2008-06-21 at 17:29.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 15:04   Link #1793
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Master Chief is like Suzaku? I've never played Halo, but I know enough that that doesn't make much sense. And he isn't much like Kira Yamato either, except maybe less perfect.
Offtopic - Despite the fact that he produced excellent results he was depised by a lot of people in the military, especially by the Shock troopers. The shock troopers would call him a freak of nature who "cheated(cybernetic augmentations)" to get to where he was while they had to work off their butts to become elite soldiers.

In this case people are crying that Suzaku is a hax who cheats and would be nothing compared to Kallen who works her butt of to become a good pilot.

I guess one could argue that they are similar in the case that both follow orders adamantly (to the point that they are critized for doing so and getting sent on near suicidal missions)

Quote:

Being a martial artist should not equate to being a good KMF pilot. You may be better at combat theory and CQC but it should make no difference when weilding ranged weapons. However animealways seems to work out differently than real life.

You know martial arts? Don't bother to do basic training for 2 years, go directly to uber ace KMF death god status.
This is anime. Good fighting skills translates into good combat skills in piloting. Mechas are literally "second-skins" for pilots. You see the suits literally copying the exact moves they would do on the ground.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2008-06-21 at 15:16.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 23:07   Link #1794
Ithonya

I personally don't like Suzaku. I know that the anime would be boring without his interferences but I do think he interferes with Zero's plans way too much

Spoiler for Another Reason Why I Dislike Suzaku:
Ithonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 23:09   Link #1795
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

He's an antagonist. That's what antagonists do.

Given the situation, he was too emotional to think about it. And Lelouch wouldn't have said anything either.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-21, 23:29   Link #1796
DN24

Quote:
I also don't like how he just made his predictions fact in the last episode of the frist season. He didn't let Lelouch say what really happened with him and Euphemia and just accused him of using Euphemia
Well,if you were Suzaku would you believe the man who lied to you all that time,killed his half-bro,using his classmates as a shield and killed your girl? Not to mention he was responsible for the massacre of thousands of your people?

And he didn't make any predictions,V.V told him about Geass.Normally Euphie would never give that order,someone messed with her mind,knowing Zero personalities one can easily assume that he created that accident to strengthen his force...
DN24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 23:35   Link #1797
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Add to that that he thought Lelouch did it all on purpose.

Old 2008-06-22, 00:35   Link #1798
Silver Soul
Banned

Finally, people with sense on this thread
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 03:46   Link #1799
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I can already see the amount of Suzaku hate that is going to come out of this episode, and spread like wildfire.
Old 2008-06-22, 03:48   Link #1800
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The Kallen fans will all go ballistic. That's for certain. I can't understand since Kallen's situation confirms her as the LI like they all wanted. I'm pissed at him myself, if only for confirming her to be the LI.