AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-06-22, 17:24   Link #1881
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
You did notice I said to me, this is just my opinion. Try reading a post before slamming it. Not to sound offensive.
yea, I know. That's why I included "not to be offensive"

But a handful of viewers won't change the director's mind at all.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 17:29   Link #1882
prototype_sky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastya View Post
Ahh too busy with real life to follow what's been going on here since my last post, but after watching Turn 11, Suzaku has just proven to us without even the tiniest bit of doubt that he has lost it. Suzaku no longer has any way to redeem himself.

Zero + OBK FTW!!!
Oh great another fanatic

Zero just as easily lost it with his "power of love crap"
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 17:35   Link #1883
Dynastya
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Zero just as easily lost it with his "power of love crap"

LMAO, strong emotions such as love, kindness, hate, etc are often moral boosters for soldiers who are fighting a war. Soldiers who have something to fight for, something to protect, something to sacrifice their lives for, even if they lose and die in battle, will still give their all, their best. Unlike Suzaku who no longer has anything to fight for or protect. Most of Suzaku's battles during this second season is showing that he is relying more on the superior capabilities of his Knightmare frame than his skills or desire to win.

And as someone who is from a country which was once under British colonial rule, in my eyes Suzaku and his actions are no better than those of my own countrymen (during the colonial era) who colluded, who sold their own people out for wealth, power, greed to the colonial invaders. A Traitor!
Dynastya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 17:37   Link #1884
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Oh great, another fanatic

Zero just as easily lost it with his "power of love crap"
I like your reaction to this.

Anyways, Suzaku already tried to convince Kallen to ditch the Order of Black Knights, she declined so she just got what she deserved.

Actually, Suzaku does have a goal for fighting now unlike him in season 1. He wants to change Japan from the inside. Desire to win? This isn't a game you know.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 17:40   Link #1885
prototype_sky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastya View Post
LMAO, strong emotions such as love, kindness, hate, etc are often moral boosters for soldiers who are fighting a war. Soldiers who have something to fight for, something to protect, something to sacrifice their lives for, even if they lose and die in battle, will still give their all, their best. Unlike Suzaku who no longer has anything to fight for or protect. Most of Suzaku's battles during this second season is showing that he is relying more on the superior capabilities of his Knightmare frame than his skills or desire to win.

And as someone who is from a country which was once under British colonial rule, in my eyes Suzaku and his actions are no better than those of my own countrymen (during the colonial era) who colluded, who sold their own people out for wealth, power, greed to the colonial invaders. A Traitor!
Zero is a prince of britannia and kallen is a registered britannian they are also traitors

and suzaku is fighting to protect his people
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 17:44   Link #1886
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Behind you!
Send a message via MSN to Airi Send a message via Skype™ to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastya View Post
Unlike Suzaku who no longer has anything to fight for or protect.
...
what about Nunnaly???? what about Euphie's wish????


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastya View Post
Ahh too busy with real life to follow what's been going on here since my last post
...Could you please go back to the real life????
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 17:46   Link #1887
DN24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
LMAO, strong emotions such as love, kindness, hate, etc are often moral boosters for soldiers who are fighting a war. Soldiers who have something to fight for, something to protect, something to sacrifice their lives for, even if they lose and die in battle, will still give their all, their best. Unlike Suzaku who no longer has anything to fight for or protect
Guess who made him that way??

Quote:
And as someone who is from a country which was once under British colonial rule, in my eyes Suzaku and his actions are no better than those of my own countrymen (during the colonial era) who colluded, who sold their own people out for wealth, power, greed to the colonial invaders. A Traitor!
This is where people miss it.Suzaku doesn't follow Britania for wealth or power,if he does he wouldn't come back to Japan.
As someone from a country which was suffering under foreign rule and invasions for almost 2000 year I believe sometime you have to be flexible,violence can't solve every problems...
DN24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 17:48   Link #1888
Dynastya
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I like your reaction to this.

Anyways, Suzaku already tried to convince Kallen to ditch the Order of Black Knights, she declined so she just got what she deserved.

Actually, Suzaku does have a goal for fighting now unlike him in season 1. He wants to change Japan from the inside.
He wants to change Britannia from the inside. And he wants to rule Japan.

By becoming Knight of One so he have Area 11 under his governorship. And does he really think that either the current Emperor or Schneizel (who has the strongest chance of becoming the next emperor) is going to listen to him?

Zero never mentioned once about ruling Japan or any of the United States he is trying to form, he could've taken Deithard's suggestion and arranged another political marriage for Tianzi with a Japanese, geassed Xingke to become his subordinate and taken control of the Chinese Federation but he didn't and even told Xingke that he had the capability to lead a nation.

Comparing and contrasting Lelouch and Suzaku along with the entire series, they come from different backgrounds and nations and yet each is fighting for the people of the other. In watching the series, the creators of Code Geass is defining how the politics of the world should really be.

As Schneizel said, a country isn't made up of territories or constitutions, it is made up of the people. And a government is only valid if it has the support of the people. But in the real world there are many governments which hold power over people who do not support it. And the nations of the world, the United Nations, etc all just sit around and watch only stating how 'concerned' they are. Just recently, the events in SE Asia concerning Cyclone Nargis has shown how incapable the world is. It has also set a precedent for how important the sovereignty of a nation is compared to the lives of hundreds of thousands of innocents.

Suzaku is just a soldier to the britannia empire, his 1 life is insignificant in the eyes of the emperor and schneizel.

Zero represents idealism.


"This is where people miss it.Suzaku doesn't follow Britania for wealth or power,if he does he wouldn't come back to Japan" - DN24
Suzaku wants to be Knight of One and rule Area 11, thats his desire for power.
Dynastya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 18:16   Link #1889
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 29
suzaku is fighting for something every bits as importent and every bit as motivaing as love and kindness
hes fighting for the same reason lulu was fighting before ep 7
the one true goal that render all other reasons mute
revenge
a dish best served cold

and its not all that surprisng he would
what does a man who deep down wanted to die for years
then found the one reason he had to live only to lose her to treason form his best friend
and despite all that now he cant even die

who wouldnt be pissed off
suzaku spent season 1 as the "hero"
this time he is the villan (a very complex villan but still)
as far as villans go suzaku has the most reason in the world to be how he is

i just hope lulu would at some point get that he may have no choice but to kill suzaku becouse as things are suzaku has no problems with the idea of killing him
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 18:19   Link #1890
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
i just hope lulu would at some point get that he may have no choice but to kill suzaku becouse as things are suzaku has no problems with the idea of killing him
That's still up there though because he's treating Zero and Lelouch as two seperate entities.

Should he find confirmation that Lelouch has returned to being Zero, that might be another story.

And in all fairness, Suzaku's being trying to kill Zero since S1.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 18:28   Link #1891
prototype_sky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
suzaku is fighting for something every bits as importent and every bit as motivaing as love and kindness
hes fighting for the same reason lulu was fighting before ep 7
the one true goal that render all other reasons mute
revenge
a dish best served cold

and its not all that surprisng he would
what does a man who deep down wanted to die for years
then found the one reason he had to live only to lose her to treason form his best friend
and despite all that now he cant even die

who wouldnt be pissed off
suzaku spent season 1 as the "hero"
this time he is the villan (a very complex villan but still)
as far as villans go suzaku has the most reason in the world to be how he is

i just hope lulu would at some point get that he may have no choice but to kill suzaku becouse as things are suzaku has no problems with the idea of killing him
Suzaku already had his revenge on Zero and killing suzaku right now would put nunnally in great danger.

Code Geass isn't your typical Black/White Saturday morning cartoon show its all shades of grey. It's sad that people are trying to put good and evil labels on characters. Every single character on this show is driven by their own beliefs and what zero and suzaku are doing can be viewed as both good and bad depending on how is benefits the others around them.

There is a plus/minus to everything in life at the end of the day they both have similar goals they're just choosing methods that benefit them
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 18:30   Link #1892
prototype_sky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
And in all fairness, Suzaku's being trying to kill Zero since S1.
So why didn't he kill him at the end of season one when he could've easily wasted him.

He's been trying to capture him during season 1 and bring him to justice "Well britannian justice at least"
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 18:32   Link #1893
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
So why didn't he kill him at the end of season one when he could've easily wasted him.

He's been trying to capture him during season 1 and bring him to justice "Well britannian justice at least"
Cause by that time he got confirmation that Zero was Lelouch.

Besides, during Narita I'm pretty sure pointing a giant robot's gun at him meant he was going to kill him, not capture him.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 18:35   Link #1894
prototype_sky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Cause by that time he got confirmation that Zero was Lelouch.

Besides, during Narita I'm pretty sure pointing a giant robot's gun at him meant he was going to kill him, not capture him.
Its called holding someone at gun point to stop them from running. There would be no hestiation is he was going to kill him.
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 18:37   Link #1895
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
That aside...

Do you think Suzaku will be single for the entire show or will he get a love interest? Your call.

Note: Gino X Suzaku DOES NOT COUNT!
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 18:39   Link #1896
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
That aside...

Do you think Suzaku will be single for the entire show or will he get a love interest? Your call.

Note: Gino X Suzaku DOES NOT COUNT!
I dunno, it took an order from above to make him love someone else so it'll have to happen again.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 18:39   Link #1897
prototype_sky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
The only shot he has now is nunnally and siscon Zero will find a way to mess that up.
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 18:40   Link #1898
thedonkiluminati
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
That aside...

Do you think Suzaku will be single for the entire show or will he get a love interest? Your call.

Note: Gino X Suzaku DOES NOT COUNT!

I think he stays single, he's still too hung up on Euphemia to be with another girl.
__________________
thedonkiluminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 18:47   Link #1899
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonkiluminati View Post
I think he stays single, he's still too hung up on Euphemia to be with another girl.
Well, so far I see Nunnally or possibly Anya as the only possible choices for him. Most likely Nunnally though...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 19:10   Link #1900
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 22
If he does end up with some, I'm 90% sure it would be Nunnally. But that's only if he ends up with someone.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.