AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-30, 15:26   Link #3081
Vito
Asshole.
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: EU
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
If he is dead
-Would Orange just really let him die and smile about it.
.
Well, Orange might have known the plan and considered it a honorable death, hence the smile.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 15:30   Link #3082
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
Well, Orange might have known the plan and considered it a honorable death, hence the smile.
Likely, yes. same as sayoko and Cecile, nina, and Llyod. I think they knew what lelouch was planning to do.

Even, "if" he is alive, those persons arenb't aware of it.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 15:48   Link #3083
Leo_Otaku
俺たち は リトルバスターズ!
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada/ Winterpeg
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
I'm of the opinion that if Lelouch is alive and had a Code that made him immortal, he had no idea about it. So neither did Suzaku and C.C.
Or maybe if he is he hiud it from everyone like one of his hidden plans. I too think that he is alive some parts just don't equall up. Damn it I want the director to make a comment >.<
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 16:29   Link #3084
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Why am I noticing that most of the people who say he is alive are CluClus? Is this just a coincidence or? Do people want him alive for the sake of the ship, to hell with his characterization? I can't help but feel having him be alive ruins his character, UNLESS he didn't know about the code. That's the only acceptable scenario to me. That he genuinely thought he was going to die and was willing to sacrifice himself, but ended up living instead. His behavior during his death scene certainly seems to point to him not knowing about the immortality at all.

To me the evidence still weighs heavily in favor of him being dead though. It's more like 99% chance he's dead and 1% chance he is alive.

I reject the "Lelouch took C.C.'s code theory" completely. That would leave him facing C.C.'s lonely fate, which is rather awful imho. If he is alive it better be as an immortal with C.C. still as an immortal as well. That way eternity won't be quite so lonely.
__________________
zalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 16:31   Link #3085
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Errr... I just read that it is revealed in the manga that Lelouch indeed survived.
Trouble is, I don't know if the source is reliable and I don't have access to the manga.
Damn, that's frustrating.
I didn't really care yesterday, but after hearing something like that... I'm beyond curious.

Edit:
But now that I think about it... when did the manga catch up with the anime?
Did I miss something, or are people having fun spreading rumors?

Edit2:
Oh my... I should just forget about it for now. xD
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 16:39   Link #3086
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Spoiler to where Lelouch is!

__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 19:05   Link #3087
Darkside
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New York
Send a message via AIM to Darkside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Spoiler to where Lelouch is!

LOL he's in otherworld training
__________________
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 19:09   Link #3088
Vito
Asshole.
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: EU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Errr... I just read that it is revealed in the manga that Lelouch indeed survived.
Trouble is, I don't know if the source is reliable and I don't have access to the manga.
Damn, that's frustrating.
I didn't really care yesterday, but after hearing something like that... I'm beyond curious.

Edit:
But now that I think about it... when did the manga catch up with the anime?
Did I miss something, or are people having fun spreading rumors?

Edit2:
Oh my... I should just forget about it for now. xD
Manga isn't canon, so it's not surprising if the manga's author decided to change the ending.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 19:22   Link #3089
Fevvers
a regular van veen
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Why am I noticing that most of the people who say he is alive are CluClus? Is this just a coincidence or? Do people want him alive for the sake of the ship, to hell with his characterization?
Just like how a lot of Lelouch/Kallen (or heck, Lelouch/Shirley) shippers are adamant about him dying, as if that's going to make any of those ships any more valid (it doesn't). It shouldn't really surprise you.

Shipping reasons aside, equating Lelouch to a martyr is laughably out of character for me, he has never appeared to me as someone who would repent for his crimes through death. Yes, he feels regret, but he has never been one to accept death as the only answer (as seen with his reaction towards CC's "supposed" wish). As shown all through out the series, he's always seen himself as an actor, and him staging and faking his own death feels consistent to his character. Exactly how that happened though has been pointed out for the hundredth time, whilst some of those points may be a bit wonky (what with the mystery of geass and the gods haven't really been tackled in depth), overall I can't help but feel he's alive.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 19:40   Link #3090
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Why am I noticing that most of the people who say he is alive are CluClus?
Not all! I am a cluclu fan but that's not my main reason. And In my opinion, if he is alive, he might return to kallen someday if he really loves her. So trust me or not, I don't think like that because of the shipping war.

I think it's not clear, and I don't see him as a martyr. Well, same as what kafka said.

But also TBH, I am shocked because in animedia, the sunrise staff said that the contract between him and c.c. was still valid and that c.c. was waiting that lelouch finishes what he has to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshimizu
C.C.: Lelouch, I will stay with you a little longer.
[editor]
Is C.C. breaking the contract? Unless the Code holder pass the Code to Geass user, she can't die. C.C. has Lelouch under a contract to be her successor. Is the immortal witch saying this because she's waiting to be freed from this?
[Sunrise]
Yeah. The contract is still valid. I think she's waiting until Lelouch finishes what he wants to do, then to fulfill the contract. What to do after that? What is C.C. thinking now? I wonder...
And also shocked because of what he said to c.c. in 24. I always thought that he planned to live.

Well, it's a different view.

Last edited by Narona; 2008-09-30 at 20:34.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 20:52   Link #3091
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
It's not about killing himself in order to repent. It's about sacrificing himself for the sake of tomorrow. Lelouch is no longer just thinking about himself or Nunnally. He finally is seeing the bigger picture and recognizing what he has to do. And yes, I actually do think the episodes from 18 and on have been leading up to this and so it's not out of character at all. I mean, you do remember how he was basically willing to lock himself up with Charles in the world of C forever? I call that a sacrifice. So Zero Requiem isn't something exactly out of the blue for him. He was willing to do it then (though for different reasons) and obviously he was willing to do it with ZR.
__________________
zalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 20:57   Link #3092
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 24
I think the strongest indication that Lelouch is still alive was Nunnally suddenly receiving his memories. I'm sorry, but that scene makes NO sense unless Lelouch himself now possesses the code.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 22:05   Link #3093
vision33r
Oldskool Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York City
There is only one fact that supports he is dead. Suzaku running the blade into him.

There are more than one clues that supports that he is alive.

It doesn't matter, whether he lives or not, I like to know what is NEXT? OAV? Movie?
vision33r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 22:06   Link #3094
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brittania
Send a message via MSN to Deliberation
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
CC's wish was to smile, and Lelouch wanted to complete that wish. It's actually quite romantic, how CC's wish changed again. In the last episode, she no longer wished to smile, but her wish was the survival of Lelouch, which may have been granted, if Lelouch is with CC. Hence forth, the contract that started in episode 1, has been completed!

What you said made a lil sense because Lelouch was mentioning about "Geass being people's wishes".. Lelouch wished for a peaceful world for Nunnally. C.C praying in the church to wish that Lelouch will survive. Hmmm and in the end C.C realize that "geass bringing solitude is incorrect". SHE could imply that Geass grants people's wishes? *not making any sense*

But yeah if he's dead. I can accept it too. Because seeing it this way it's his wish to be dead for a peaceful world for his sister and to atone for his sins and those evidence of his eyebags and all. But something tells me he's alive in my heart(C.C prayed for him with her Geass?). Could be my heart playing tricks on me.
__________________

Emperor Lelouch & Empress C.C ♠
King of Clubs & Queen of Hearts

Avatar [c] Robotfetish
Deliberation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 22:27   Link #3095
hero147
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliberation View Post
What you said made a lil sense because Lelouch was mentioning about "Geass being people's wishes".. Lelouch wished for a peaceful world for Nunnally. C.C praying in the church to wish that Lelouch will survive. Hmmm and in the end C.C realize that "geass bringing solitude is incorrect". SHE could imply that Geass grants people's wishes? *not making any sense*

But yeah if he's dead. I can accept it too. Because seeing it this way it's his wish to be dead for a peaceful world for his sister and to atone for his sins and those evidence of his eyebags and all. But something tells me he's alive in my heart(C.C prayed for him with her Geass?). Could be my heart playing tricks on me.
No....Lelouch made a contract with CC, that he had to complete one wish of CC's. That wish was ultimately changed in the last episode, when CC's wish was for Lelouch's survival, made obvious by the fact that she was praying in the church. The eyebags mean nothing. Everybody who was close to dying had them, I think it's a bodily function to when your body will shut down. Who's to say Immortals don't get them if they get into a near-death situation? Immortals bodies are somewhat just like a normal person's, the both bleed and all. We have never see any immortals with a long and prolonged death. Everytime we see an immortal die, it's always quick and instant.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 22:31   Link #3096
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brittania
Send a message via MSN to Deliberation
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
No....Lelouch made a contract with CC, that he had to complete one wish of CC's. That wish was ultimately changed in the last episode, when CC's wish was for Lelouch's survival, made obvious by the fact that she was praying in the church. The eyebags mean nothing. Everybody who was close to dying had them, I think it's a bodily function to when your body will shut down. Who's to say Immortals don't get them if they get into a near-death situation? Immortals bodies are somewhat just like a normal person's, the both bleed and all. We have never see any immortals with a long and prolonged death. Everytime we see an immortal die, it's always quick and instant.
Well it could be both your theory and mine. Well in the end it is about what Lelouch said "geass is like a wish".
__________________

Emperor Lelouch & Empress C.C ♠
King of Clubs & Queen of Hearts

Avatar [c] Robotfetish
Deliberation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 22:36   Link #3097
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliberation View Post
Well it could be both your theory and mine. Well in the end it is about what Lelouch said "geass is like a wish".
That scene in the church feels really weird. C.C. knows what the gods truly are (the collective unconsciousness), and even so she was praying as if they were the same gods as our supposed god in our world. >_>

The only thing we know is that the gods in code geass can grant wish "or" can be geassed.

And I still think that what lelouch asked to them is what saved him in the end :O
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 00:33   Link #3098
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pizza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
That scene in the church feels really weird. C.C. knows what the gods truly are (the collective unconsciousness), and even so she was praying as if they were the same gods as our supposed god in our world. >_>

The only thing we know is that the gods in code geass can grant wish "or" can be geassed.

And I still think that what lelouch asked to them is what saved him in the end :O
Hmm..possible.
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 04:29   Link #3099
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In His Majesties Service.
Age: 30
Anyone think its funny that what Lelouch said to Kallen(even if it was just to absolve her concious) about being the one to "hold the world in his hand" in EP 25 of S1 came true?

I think it goes to show you how awesome he is that any off the hand remark he makes comes true.

Whats even more awesome is that even though he was the ruler of the world he gave it it up along with his own life for the sake of everyone elses happiness. Honestly how often in anime do you see someone making that sort of sacrifice for everyones sake or giving up that sort of power?

Lelouch you were just to damn awesome and manly for this show. Sleep well oh true defender of justice.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 04:36   Link #3100
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
That scene in the church feels really weird. C.C. knows what the gods truly are (the collective unconsciousness), and even so she was praying as if they were the same gods as our supposed god in our world. >_>
No, she just knows there's some kind of collective unconscious that Charles liked to call "Gods". But she was born 600 years ago and maybe she finds comfort in prayer - and it was a difficult time.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.