AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-05, 09:07   Link #421
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

And in the end, it's discovered Nanali used her geass to manipulate events so that their mother would be killed and Lelouch would kill their father with the end result being that Nanali now has Lelouch all to herself. -_-

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 12:50   Link #422
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I think Nunnally was too young to be that scheming.

Well, Lelouch is going to pay for manipulating all these people soon enough, though perhaps being used by C.C. and Marianne is already his punishment. Finding out his partner and mother just used him like a puppet would be pretty damaging, right?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 20:32   Link #423
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhawk View Post
LOL, you're so damn right.
Then again, what if she just possesses some kind of great power and is being used by the Emperor (instead of turning evil herself and attacking her brother)
Or she doesn't have any special power, and is just a royal member who can be manipulated easily.
(I know someone from the staff said something about her "power" or something like that but ... <_<)
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 11:14   Link #424
Knives122
Throat slitting good

Spoiler for I guess this is a spoiler:

It all makes sense.
Knives122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 11:33   Link #425
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi Send a message via Skype™ to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives122 View Post
OMG! you're right!!!
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 13:02   Link #426
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Er, I'd prefer to have an inkling of support before jumping on that. Why change her memories of going to Japan, and not just simply erase her memories of Lelouch? Much simpler.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 14:19   Link #427
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:

It all makes sense.
Though isn't she blind(I suppose not exactly but she still can't see)? So I wonder if Geass would work against her?
Old 2008-05-06, 14:35   Link #428
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi Send a message via Skype™ to Airi
Quote:
if you are right then I understand why suzaku (before handing the phone to Lelouch) said "Kururugidesu" and not "Suzakudesu".
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 14:37   Link #429
Shizuka85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
if you are right then I understand why suzaku (before handing the phone to Lelouch) said "Kururugidesu" and not "Suzakudesu".
He was being respectful because now that Nunnally is the governor, she outranks him. I don't think her memories have been changed.
Old 2008-05-06, 15:14   Link #430
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
yeah, that actually did make me worry a little bit.

I mean it's not like this was along official channels, Suzaku was just using his personal phone to call her. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka85 View Post
He was being respectful because now that Nunnally is the governor, she outranks him. I don't think her memories have been changed.
Well not really. Not even Schneizel can order Suzaku around, and he's easily the most powerful of the imperial children. It's good to be a Knight of Rounds. >_>

But yeah, it could be just a respect thing.
Old 2008-05-06, 15:34   Link #431
itoastmysocks
Rabbit Flavored Socks YUM

Maybe it was just.. to fool Lelouch.. I mean.. We all know Lelouch is usually one step ahead of everyone.. so well it could just have been.. to save the real suprise for when he actually hears his sisters voice
itoastmysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 16:42   Link #432
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Out of curiosity, how exactly is Lelouch supposed to be portrayed in this show? I know that seems like an odd question, but I am rather curious at this point. Is he supposed to be a good person?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-06, 17:56   Link #433
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Out of curiosity, how exactly is Lelouch supposed to be portrayed in this show? I know that seems like an odd question, but I am rather curious at this point. Is he supposed to be a good person?
That's answered pretty early in the story by Sunrise's voice acting recommendations; they wanted Lulu played as someone who could sound like a good guy no matter what dark plan he was doing at the time. On the opposite end, Suzaku's VA needed to show violence and killer intent in his voice even when he is acting nice.

Lulu chose his sister over revenge. Lulu chose Euphie over revenge. And at least in most of 1st season, he chose his friendship with Suzaku over revenge. As much as one might have thought Code Geass was a revenge show, it isn't; Lulu just isn't as cruel as he like to be.
Old 2008-05-06, 18:32   Link #434
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
picaresque hero.
Old 2008-05-06, 18:38   Link #435
hero147

Quote:
Got this while surfing the net.
"there exists in this world both Evil brought from Good intentions (Suzaku), and good brought through evil intentions (Lelouch)."
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 18:38   Link #436
$akura
Tell me this isn't TLC

Am I the only one who's noticed Lulu looks a lot like Ritsuka from Loveless?
Old 2008-05-06, 18:39   Link #437
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That's answered pretty early in the story by Sunrise's voice acting recommendations; they wanted Lulu played as someone who could sound like a good guy no matter what dark plan he was doing at the time. On the opposite end, Suzaku's VA needed to show violence and killer intent in his voice even when he is acting nice.
On the other hand, I heard that the english voice actor was chosen more on the grounds of "trying to sound evil, but failing." More of a reflection on Lulu being perfectly evil enough... except when it comes to people close to him.
Quote:
Lulu chose his sister over revenge.
Granted, though abandoning the Japanese and the Black Knights at the Eleventh-and-a-half Hour is hardly excused by that.
Quote:
Lulu chose Euphie over revenge.
Granted as well, though of course Euphie was offering him what he wanted with his sister.

Quote:
And at least in most of 1st season, he chose his friendship with Suzaku over revenge.
Not granted. Most of the first season even to the very last episode, Lulu was trying to co-opt Suzaku into helping him take revenge. Most of the times he saved Suzaku (from situations Zero himself set into motion), he then tried to make Suzaku join him. And while he definitely took hostages and manipulated events to leave Suzaku alive in the uprising, he never put Suzaku ahead of revenge. Alongside of, or to be planned around, yes, but only Nunaly got put ahead.
Quote:
As much as one might have thought Code Geass was a revenge show, it isn't; Lulu just isn't as cruel as he like to be.
Again I'd differ. Code Geaass is a revenge show... situated on someone who's just exceptionally bad at it. Lelouch has all the makings of a tragic hero, but he also has the tragic flaws that come with the potential for greatness. In Lelouch's case, his pride and his inability to steel himself when it comes to those he cares about.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 21:20   Link #438
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Granted, though abandoning the Japanese and the Black Knights at the Eleventh-and-a-half Hour is hardly excused by that.
Who said anything about excusing? Lulu has the choice of abandoning his crippled blind sister or not abandoning his crippled blind sister. She needed him more than BK needed him. Lulu is merely a man who has his priorities straight; family is more important.

Would you praise him if he decided to win the battle and his sister dies? Do you REALLY believe you would hate him less for that?

You don't always get to have the right choice; sometimes you just have to choose what is less wrong. Saving his sister is less wrong, so that's what he did. It doesn't mean he liked the idea of leaving the battlefield. As a similar example, if Kallen was told that her birth-mother is in danger, I am CERTAIN she would run off in the middle of the battle too.

Fighting Britannia is important, but for Lulu like many in BK, it is only a means to an end. You must never confuse the battle for what you are actually fighting for.
Old 2008-05-06, 22:09   Link #439
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Code Geass isn't a revenge show. That has actually been made clear through interviews and such. And the english choosing for Lelouch was the same as the Japanese choosing in that he is meant to sound like a good guy trying to make himself sound like a bad guy wheras Suzaku is meant to be a bad guy trying to make himself sound like a good guy.

The point is that Lelouch is meant to seem like a villain when he really isn't.

Old 2008-05-06, 22:28   Link #440
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
yeah, that actually did make me worry a little bit.

I mean it's not like this was along official channels, Suzaku was just using his personal phone to call her. >_>

Well not really. Not even Schneizel can order Suzaku around, and he's easily the most powerful of the imperial children. It's good to be a Knight of Rounds. >_>

But yeah, it could be just a respect thing.
Or he could be maintaining the facade and testing Lelouch. Techincally speaking Suzaku shouldn't know Nunnally.

I mean Lelouch was already questioning what a governor general would want with a student. If he said "Suzaku here," wouldn't that give him a heads up and not give the reaction Suzaku would be looking for?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote