AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-07, 10:43   Link #4441
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the LAST arc is like that
just think about the way he takes shnizel out
the man is suppose to be the one person who lelouch could never beat in chess
the reason being that in chess you have to be able to predict what your enemy is thinking (which lelouch could never do)

and yet in the last arc shnizel become SO predictable, that lelouch actually has him having a deep philosiphical debate about the nature of man - with a recording

this isnt a MINOR detail, this is the way that the "hero" defeats the final "villain" of the show
even if i could just ignore every other wall-banger in the last arc
that alone is un-forgivable


"Better to have rice and beans in your table than trying to make a filet mignon and burning the steak"
but if i settle for rice and beans, i'd prefer NOT to have someone rub their balls all over my plate
Ah, lol what? Did you pay attention to like, the whole series? This is Lelouch's trait, he can do this, and at the same time playing PS2, watching NBA and he still would not miss a "note" of prediction. People evolve, and so does their mind. Schneizel beat Lelouch in chess when they were little as Nunally said once, but it is rather obvious that Lelouch is smarter than him.
Yeah, that last part might have been too Lelouch-glory-ish and how he synced everything perfectly, but it had been done before {in various Lelouch-glory-ish ways}, it is not like it was a first.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 10:43   Link #4442
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rio
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the LAST arc is like that
just think about the way he takes shnizel out
the man is suppose to be the one person who lelouch could never beat in chess
the reason being that in chess you have to be able to predict what your enemy is thinking (which lelouch could never do)

and yet in the last arc shnizel become SO predictable, that lelouch actually has him having a deep philosiphical debate about the nature of man - with a recording

this isnt a MINOR detail, this is the way that the "hero" defeats the final "villain" of the show
even if i could just ignore every other wall-banger in the last arc
that alone is un-forgivable
Lelouch never beat Schneisel when he was a kid, now, as an adult, he understood why after playing against him one more time, there's nothing wrong with that. I mean, there's a lot of actions of people around me that took a lot of time for me to understand, it's just natural. Not that i think it wasn't... Strange, cause Schneisel was awesome and he deserved a better luck, but i think it was okay, just the tape part was... Off. I think they could have made something better than this, but it's just a minor detail..
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 10:47   Link #4443
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
its NOT a MINOR detail
its the way that the hero beats the villain of the story
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 10:50   Link #4444
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
its NOT a MINOR detail
its the way that the hero beats the villain of the story
He pwned him actually, every fan was like "son of a gun Lelouch is epic." Yeeep.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 10:54   Link #4445
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
and you dont find a problem with that
just picture light yagami beating L
by getting him to light a candle in a room full of dynamite
funny ? yes
on par with the rest of the show ? hardly
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 10:58   Link #4446
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
and you dont find a problem with that
just picture light yagami beating L
by getting him to light a candle in a room full of dynamite
funny ? yes
on par with the rest of the show ? hardly
I just like teasing you about it, haha.
Personally no, i do not find a problem with that, Lelouch has billion braincells and his mind is full-boost mode when he is into the ZR, so yep, makes sense for me, why not?

p.s please, please, please do not compare Light with Lelouch or Geass with Note. Honest.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 10:58   Link #4447
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rio
Actually, dynamite is not that easy to blow, hehe.

Well, Blade, now you are overreacting. You really think Lelouch's final movement was like this? Like a looney tunes cartoon? Cause that's too much. There's liking, disliking and... This.

Ah, Code geass is waaay better than DN.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 11:00   Link #4448
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
my point was that it was ridicules
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 11:02   Link #4449
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
my point was that it was ridicules
"Ridicules" is supposed to mean?
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 11:05   Link #4450
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
total derailment and defanging of shnizel as a real villain
and makes lelouch seem like he can predict the future
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 11:07   Link #4451
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rio
Because he understood his actions? I mean, that's not that hard. I will take you, for example, i know you are going to answer my post saying that the end sucked bad. See? It's not impossible. In fact, i could even make a video answering you statements.

Blade, i love Schneisel. That guy was awesome... But even i think that it wasn't as bad as you sound it was. Just the tape part(and even that wasn't awful, it was just kind of lame...). I think Lelouch finally getting Schneisel was really nice. After so many years, he finally catched him after seeing him play. You can do everything if you never give up, raw raw fight the power. It's great, bro.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 11:09   Link #4452
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
total derailment and defanging of shnizel as a real villain
and makes lelouch seem like he can predict the future

I meant, that there is no such word titled "ridicules." Sounds, like "Hercules" or something.

And no, Lelouch cannot predict the future {even though he is God, lol} he can just predict Schneizel's bull. Was about time to capture that fugly lame-ass-prince my ass. And what can i say? ZR was heavily consisted of luck too. Luck is a part one ability, one's destiny.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 11:09   Link #4453
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Because he understood his actions? I mean, that's not that hard. I will take you, for example, i know you are going to answer my post saying that the end sucked bad. See? It's not impossible. In fact, i could even make a video answering you statements. .
and you can *cough* predict everything *cough* .. sorry, got a cold
that i'm going to say

in the same order and.... pace

having shnizel talk to a recording for several minutes
predicting his answers and questions
and even predicting at which point of the talk he would choose to END the conversion
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 11:17   Link #4454
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
and you can *cough* predict everything *cough* .. sorry, got a cold
that i'm going to say

in the same order and.... pace

having shnizel talk to a recording for several minutes
predicting his answers and questions
and even predicting at which point of the talk he would choose to END the conversion

Lol, it is known you hate mostly of R2 blade, but take Diethard's words after the whole epic-geass-you-Schneizel, like he said, Zero predicted-recorded-boom-success. I feel like i am talking to a wall though, you are way too biased in this matter, so i am done here.
Yep, it was bullshit. As a matter of factx2, Lelouch being that smart was bullshit. As a matter of factx3, i will write a rec letter to Sunrise to hire you as writer and see how much better can you do.

p.s there is no word such as "conversion." You are looking for "conversation" just like you looked for "ridiculous" instead of "ridicules-Hercules."
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 11:18   Link #4455
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rio
I can't see the future, but even i can see that i can stay in this conversation forever and you will still say that the end sucked balls.

Like i said, it wasn't the best movement and i think they could make something better, but it's not that bad at all. In fact, there's something far worse for me: How the hell, Lelouch could get to Schneisel so fast? He was on his feet after all! That's strange. The tape? It's nothing even near that.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 11:27   Link #4456
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
i dont HATE R2
but i DID hate the last arc
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 11:39   Link #4457
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
I, too, have no problem with the Schneizel thing.
It wasn't very realistic, no. But it's Code Geass, not Death Note. It's not like the whole anime was abour Lelouch and Schneizel playing twisted mind games with each other, even though they did from time to time.
The comparison doesn't make much sense. I might as well go to the romance thread and compare Shirley to Misa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
and now remove lelouch's self sacrifice from the table
and what are you left with ?
But the self-sacrifice is there.
It was implied from the moment Lelouch and Suzaku teamed up and started suppressing people together. The last episode had me jumping around in my chair restslessly because I knew something like this would happen (even though the sheer epicness of the ending still caught me off-guard).
There were mostly three kind of people I noticed in this forum during the last episodes: those who just enjoyed the ride, those who strongly suspected something was up, and those who thought Lelouch would have to be put down like a rabid dog. I couldn't help but feel that the latter had missed something vital about the anime and the characters, legendary R2 writing or not.
Now, I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but I'm also not sure what your point is. You said Lelouch was only still "likeable" because he sacrificed himself in the end. I say it would have been the same even if he had unwittingly acquired a Code before his death, and therefore wouldn't mind if he had survived, which we know he didn't. As long as he didn't saw it coming, it doesn't make him any less "likeable", except if you want to see him being "punished", but that's an opinion I still don't share.
I also said I fangirled him (yes, fangirled. I fangirl a lot of things. That doesn't mean I stop thinking while I do so) until the end, but that's mostly because I highly doubted he was doing it for the lulz. If you have a problem with that, fine, but don't go around claiming that people ignore things just because they don't feel the same way about them you do.
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 11:44   Link #4458
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post



But the self-sacrifice is there.
It was implied from the moment Lelouch and Suzaku teamed up and started suppressing people together. The last episode had me jumping around in my chair restslessly because I knew something like this would happen (even though the sheer epicness of the ending still caught me off-guard).
There were mostly three kind of people I noticed in this forum during the last episodes: those who just enjoyed the ride, those who strongly suspected something was up, and those who thought Lelouch would have to be put down like a rabid dog. I couldn't help but feel that the latter had missed something vital about the anime and the characters, legendary R2 writing or not.
Now, I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but I'm also not sure what your point is. You said Lelouch was only still "likeable" because he sacrificed himself in the end. I say it would have been the same even if he had unwittingly acquired a Code before his death, and therefore wouldn't mind if he had survived, which we know he didn't. As long as he didn't saw it coming, it doesn't make him any less "likeable", except if you want to see him being "punished", but that's an opinion I still don't share.
I also said I fangirled him (yes, fangirled. I fangirl a lot of things. That doesn't mean I stop thinking while I do so) until the end, but that's mostly because I highly doubted he was doing it for the lulz. If you have a problem with that, fine, but don't go around claiming that people ignore things just because they don't feel the same way about them you do.
Oh God help me, i kinda agree with you in whatever you said. 8D {except from the "punish"-concept, it was what Lelouch wanted and thought he deserved. My fangorl-heart want that pretty bastard alive, but the outcome yeah, made sense.}
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 11:48   Link #4459
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Oh God help me, i kinda agree with you in whatever you said. 8D {except from the "punish"-concept, it was what Lelouch wanted and thought he deserved. My fangorl-heart want that pretty bastard alive, but the outcome yeah, made sense.}
I'd glomp you, but I get the feeling you wouldn't appreciate that. xD
And the "punishment" thing is a double-edged sword for me. It's fine because yes, Lelouch wanted it that way; but I also think it would be nice for him to wake up afterwards and be like: wtf? xD
I just feel no need to see him suffer, that's all I wanted to say.
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 11:54   Link #4460
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
I'd glomp you, but I get the feeling you wouldn't appreciate that. xD
And the "punishment" thing is a double-edged sword for me. It's fine because yes, Lelouch wanted it that way; but I also think it would be nice for him to wake up afterwards and be like: wtf? xD
I just feel no need to see him suffer, that's all I wanted to say.
Oh what the hell, you can glomp me, w/e. 8DD

Well, i will just say, that Lelouch chose this, he wanted to become carnage incarnate to bring a new era. But he did commit atrocities, and for this, he "deserved" to get punished. Then again, if i start counting how many people in Geass fall to this category and got no shit, i will take back what i just said now. 8D
It can be a double-edged-sword, indeed.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.