AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-07, 14:50   Link #5801
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i'd be with you if he NEEDED to have a non-care-face at the time
but he was sitting on the bridge of the avalon without anyone else looking at him
he wasnt putting on an act, because there was no one to ACT for

its not that he doesnt give a shit at all
just not enough to lift an eyebrow over potentially killing most of the black knights
Why would he lift an eyebrow when those bastards betrayed them and were ready to shoot him without even him explaining? Why would he even care to raise an eyebrow, when a few days later, he had set to kill himself? Lelouch had a steady face generally in the last arc. But i feel like i am talking to a hate-Lelouch-wall now. And do not start the tl;dr "i do not dislike Lelouch" because you do. And you obviously have the notion of "hate, never appreciate".
__________________

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 14:57   Link #5802
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
hated
past tense
and only during the last 4 eps
but unfortunetly, since they are the LAST 4 eps, they tend to color my appreciation of a character since they come at the END of their character development
unfortunate but true, in my case at least
its like griffith in berserk
its hard to remember that he used to be a good guy before all the shit came down
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 15:00   Link #5803
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
hated
past tense
and only during the last 4 eps
but unfortunetly, since they are the LAST 4 eps, they tend to color my appreciation of a character since they come at the END of their character development
unfortunate but true, in my case at least
its like griffith in berserk
its hard to remember that he used to be a good guy before all the shit came down
And, do i seem like i care if you dislike him? Actually, i feel my appreciation towards your opinions over anime-events, just got lowered a lot. Because, it is the overall feeling, the wise fan appreciates/likes, and not only from the few epis, but ok, each one rolls differently.

p.s wow, you must really hate your fav-claimed-chara Kallen btw, shipping her with such a prick. Maybe, you should re-define the word "appreciate/like" in your dictionary.
__________________

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 15:03   Link #5804
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
testy
the last impression is the hardest hitting
sad but true

and while you may refuse to accept it, i DO like lelouch
but i used to LOVE lelouch, for 46 eps
and then the last arc i had nothing but hate for him
so 4 final eps of "hate" added to 46 prior eps of "love" is unfortunteny enough to lower the overall feeling of "love" to a "like"
and all because of the last arc
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 15:07   Link #5805
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
testy
the last impression is the hardest hitting
sad but true

and while you may refuse to accept it, i DO like lelouch
but i used to LOVE lelouch, for 46 eps
and then the last arc i had nothing but hate for him
so 4 final eps of "hate" added to 46 prior eps of "love" is unfortunteny enough to lower the overall feeling of "love" to a "like"
and all because of the last arc
I feel like lol-facepaming now, because, it was the last arc that a lot of people loved Lelouch and became their fav character. Of course, those people unlike you, chose not to nitpick on everything negative and toss aside the positive of all of it, so yeah.
It is like, having a great dinner and a great dessert, and the cherry on the dessert did not have the best taste so someone is like "no, the dinner SUCKED!" while other people, appreciated it.

p.s i was just about to post a Kalulu pic my twin gave me for my b-day in two days in the image thread, but i would not want to ruin your night with the hated face of your last-arc-hate-chara. Man, what a last arc can do huh?
__________________

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 15:14   Link #5806
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
It is like, having a great dinner and a great dessert, and the cherry on the dessert did not have the best taste so someone is like "no, the dinner SUCKED!" while other people, appreciated it.

p.s i was just about to post a Kalulu pic my twin gave me for my b-day in two days in the image thread, but i would not want to ruin your night with the hated face of your last-arc-hate-chara. Man, what a last arc can do huh?
the fact that some people decided that THAT was the part they like about lelouch, means that they were NOT paying attention to what he was actually DOING during it
its not a NIT PICK
the last arc made me HATE a character who used to be my favorite
its like having a great dinner and then when you ask for a desert the waiter walks up and spits in your face
i'd like to see you go back to that place again after that

and feel free to post what you want
i dont HATE lelouch in general
just during the last arc
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 15:18   Link #5807
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the fact that some people decided that THAT was the part they like about lelouch, means that they were NOT paying attention to what he was actually DOING during it
its not a NIT PICK
the last arc made me HATE a character who used to be my favorite
its like having a great dinner and then when you ask for a desert the waiter walks up and spits in your face
i'd like to see you go back to that place again after that

and feel free to post what you want
i dont HATE lelouch in general
just during the last arc
Oh wow, so yeah, YOU > 84309430 persons.
Man, that is some huge ego there. Oh and yeah I was not paying attention too. Yeah, I should prolly go back and watch it again. I heard the remastered blurays, have Lelouch with horns on his head, cause he was actually the incarnation of devil. Must have missed that.

p.s: I will just starting send PM, it might be wiser.
__________________


Last edited by Lolipopo; 2009-10-07 at 15:29.
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 15:26   Link #5808
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
it severely damaged MY ability to enjoy the show at least
and its not small details i'm picking on
its the entire plot of the last arc for gods sake

i used to like lelouch, and still defend his choice of paths in the first 46 eps even if it led to the deaths of many people because i saw where he was coming from and what he was fighting against
but lelouch's "path" ended around ep 21, and what followed was basiclly "lelouch and suzaku tearing the world a new ass-hole" for 4 eps for no reason, and THEN in the end, there is a "oh, so there WAS a point to this whole stupidity" (granted, it was obvious that there WOULD be)
its only that final "oh" that allows me to still like anything about him, because everything ELSE he did during the arc got on my nerves

edit:
why send a PM
we're on the lelouch thread and discussing lelouch, its not off topic
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 16:00   Link #5809
Grey Dawn
zzzzzzzz
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Not really. He had to put them all in the same salad, for the sake of the ZR. Of course, he would care more about people he spent more time with, that is natural.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Why would he lift an eyebrow when those bastards betrayed them and were ready to shoot him without even him explaining? Why would he even care to raise an eyebrow, when a few days later, he had set to kill himself? Lelouch had a steady face generally in the last arc.
Wait, what? Do you think he thinks of them as bastards, or that he should care more about them since he spent more time with them?
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 16:06   Link #5810
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn View Post
Wait, what? Do you think he thinks of them as bastards, or that he should care more about them since he spent more time with them?
"Wait, what?"
I suggest you, reading better what i wrote, before barging in all smart-ish. Like i said, in the quotes, i was replying to blade who claimed that Lelouch did not give a shit about Black Knights in the end, and just had them on the same pedestal as the troops he used. I just said, that that is not right by default, since he went through certain things with BK and it is natural he would care for them, even a tiny-shit-bit more than the troops. But, he had to do, what he had to do.
__________________

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 16:12   Link #5811
Grey Dawn
zzzzzzzz
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
"Wait, what?"
I suggest you, reading better what i wrote, before barging in all smart-ish. Like i said, in the quotes, i was replying to blade who claimed that Lelouch did not give a shit about Black Knights in the end, and just had them on the same pedestal as the troops he used. I just said, that that is not right by default, since he went through certain things with BK and it is natural he would care for them, even a tiny-shit-bit more than the troops. But, he had to do, what he had to do.
I'm really just trying to figure out your position. You consistently disagree with blade's assertion that Lelouch cared equally about the BK and other troops in the battle, but you implied that he should like them more, but not enough to raise an eyebrow over their deaths?
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 16:15   Link #5812
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn View Post
I'm really just trying to figure out your position. You consistently disagree with blade's assertion that Lelouch cared equally about the BK and other troops in the battle, but you implied that he should like them more, but not enough to raise an eyebrow over their deaths?
Um, i did not imply "he should" like them more, i just said, by default he would like them more. And also, Lelouch did not have time to raise eyebrows and stuff in the last arc, he said he would even kill his sis. Apparently, certain things do not ring a bell anymore.
__________________

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 16:28   Link #5813
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Why should Lelouch care if everyone of the original Black Knights died? They owe him a hell of a lot more than Lelouch owed them, they betrayed him and were ready to shoot him w/o even giving him the chance to explain. If it hadn't been for him they'd all have died in Shinjiku ghetto, and the Holy Swords would've lost their precious little Todou, who would've been executed by his own apprentice lol...Oughi barges in all self righteous claiming that Zero's actions are despicable because he used geass to control them and used questionable tactics vs the JLF and the SAZ; but who the fuck are they to question Lelouch's methods when they were mere terrorists who were killing civilians and doing nothing but causing even more 11 deaths before Zero came in? They never had any sort of moral high ground to begin with. Kirihara fucking told them that Zero's face must remain hidden for obvious reasons...it shouldn't take too much to realize that the old man knew Lelouch was a prince, which is why he told them that his face had to remain hidden.

The whole betrayal thing is absolutely ridiculous, and the black knights DESERVED to die horrible deaths, specially Oughi since that would've been a huge blow to Villetta, and that's being nice to her, because she involved Shirley in that entire mess for her own selfish interests and ultimately caused her death.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 16:29   Link #5814
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Why should Lelouch care if everyone of the original Black Knights died? They owe him a hell of a lot more than Lelouch owed them, they betrayed him and were ready to shoot him w/o even giving him the chance to explain. If it hadn't been for him they'd all have died in Shinjiku ghetto, and the Holy Swords would've lost their precious little Todou, who would've been executed by his own apprentice lol...Oughi barges in all self righteous claiming that Zero's actions are despicable because he used geass to control them and used questionable tactics vs the JLF and the SAZ; but who the fuck are they to question Lelouch's methods when they were mere terrorists who were killing civilians and doing nothing but causing even more 11 deaths before Zero came in? They never had any sort of moral high ground to begin with. Kirihara fucking told them that Zero's face must remain hidden for obvious reasons...it shouldn't take too much to realize that the old man knew Lelouch was a prince, which is why he told them that his face had to remain hidden.

The whole betrayal thing is absolutely ridiculous, and the black knights DESERVED to die horrible deaths, specially Oughi since that would've been a huge blow to Villetta, and that's being nice to her, because she involved Shirley in that entire mess for her own selfish interests and ultimately caused her death.
Apparently people are giving free passes to BK, while crucifing Lelouch. Oh well, double standards.
__________________

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 16:31   Link #5815
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Um, i did not imply "he should" like them more, i just said, by default he would like them more. And also, Lelouch did not have time to raise eyebrows and stuff in the last arc, he said he would even kill his sis. Apparently, certain things do not ring a bell anymore.
Wouldn't that bit of affection be gone after the fact they betrayed him based on Schneizel's carefully manipulated evidence and tried to kill him? If I had been in Lelouch's place I would've carried out the execution personally, rather than let them get saved by Zero.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 16:32   Link #5816
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
i'd agree if it was simply a "they were terrorists" bit
the part where they discover he was reposible for massacring japanese civilians just to rally support for his revolt is kind of a deal breaker (they dont know the full details)
they are not getting a free pass (at least from me)
but neither will lelouch
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 16:33   Link #5817
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Wouldn't that bit of affection be gone after the fact they betrayed him based on Schneizel's carefully manipulated evidence and tried to kill him? If I had been in Lelouch's place I would've carried out the execution personally, rather than let them get saved by Zero.
Well, there is always a +1 point, about people that you spent time with, rather than strangers to you. That was my point. /excluding Kallen of course, obviously
__________________

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 18:48   Link #5818
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
it severely damaged MY ability to enjoy the show at least
and its not small details i'm picking on
its the entire plot of the last arc for gods sake

i used to like lelouch, and still defend his choice of paths in the first 46 eps even if it led to the deaths of many people because i saw where he was coming from and what he was fighting against
but lelouch's "path" ended around ep 21, and what followed was basiclly "lelouch and suzaku tearing the world a new ass-hole" for 4 eps for no reason, and THEN in the end, there is a "oh, so there WAS a point to this whole stupidity" (granted, it was obvious that there WOULD be)
its only that final "oh" that allows me to still like anything about him, because everything ELSE he did during the arc got on my nerves
I know what you mean. He was certainly a lot more sympathetic than the decade's other most notable anime troubled childhood turned DILP, Seto Kaiba of Yugioh, and I believe I can say that without hyperbole. ZR threatened to throw a monkey wrench in that though.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 19:29   Link #5819
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
I know what you mean. He was certainly a lot more sympathetic than the decade's other most notable anime troubled childhood turned DILP, Seto Kaiba of Yugioh, and I believe I can say that without hyperbole. ZR threatened to throw a monkey wrench in that though.
How many people did Seto Kaiba kill? I mean when you base it off the second anime, his no where near as bad as Lelouch. I mean are you really going to compare a guy who in his insanity brainwashed and killed a thousand people? I mean when you remember that Lelouch had to surpass Charles then the death toll would be astronomical.

I mean Charles was basically Hitler, so Lelouch must have been like some kind of Super Hitler. The guy must have been stabbing babies and drinking their blood to surpass Charles.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 22:10   Link #5820
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
How many people did Seto Kaiba kill? I mean when you base it off the second anime, his no where near as bad as Lelouch. I mean are you really going to compare a guy who in his insanity brainwashed and killed a thousand people? I mean when you remember that Lelouch had to surpass Charles then the death toll would be astronomical.

I mean Charles was basically Hitler, so Lelouch must have been like some kind of Super Hitler. The guy must have been stabbing babies and drinking their blood to surpass Charles.
Here's the thing: Kaiba's circumstances were only a fraction of what Lelouch had to deal with. Kaiba never had a warmongering, world expansionist dictatorship to contend with. Plus I was mainly referring to everything pre-Zero Requiem.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.