AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-08, 01:13   Link #5821
Neku
yare yare..
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Earth (:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
so if lelouch is considered an absolute bastard in the eyes of 99.999999% of the human race that makes him a villain then ?
by your logic
You clearly did not understand what I meant.
To answer your question, yes, he is a villain in their eyes.

Quote:
a hero can kill and still be a hero
but a hero cant start killing people on mass FOR NO NECESSARY REASON and still be heroic for it
and thats the key word here
necessary
Really now?

Quote:
lelouch WAS a hero for the first 46 eps of the show
when he was actively figting against a larger, clearly evil, threat
he wasnt a pure knight in shining armor, but he was heroic, and there was plenty of excuses for his questionable actions
Actually, he was hardly a hero for that part.

Quote:
then the last arc rolls around
at which point, when possesing the power to change the world peacefully, he instead goes on a mass murdering spree to sate his own ego and desire for atonement
there are no excuses for it then
Excuses for what?
Btw, if there weren't any, why did almighty, fair Suzaku not stop him?

Quote:
stopping snhizel does not require him massacring countless other, completely un-involved people, just to make himself hated
and once he has nothing to excuse his actions, then he bares their full weight
Alas, his massacre was to erase Euphy's massacre in people's minds, to unite people against him with hatred, and not just stopping Schneizel alone. Perhaps he didn't have to. But he did. Live with it.
__________________
Reborn!
(with nosebleed)
Neku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 04:03   Link #5822
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku View Post
Actually, he was hardly a hero for that part.
he was faced with a greater evil at least, and was fighting on behalf of the oppressed
which at least puts him on the right side of the scale

Quote:
Excuses for what?
Btw, if there weren't any, why did almighty, fair Suzaku not stop him?
excuses for his horrible actions

"almighty, fair Suzaku"
what
suzaku is hardly a model of morality, especially in season 2
but its mostly because suzaku is quite possibly insane at that point (litterally, he had a nervous breakdown less then 24 hours before joining lelouch)and that any moral reservations he ever had about anything, died in the flejia blast
he gets to make people forget euphie, which is something he would want
he gets to punish himself
and suzaku gets to kill lelouch in the end
so he gets what he wants

Quote:
Alas, his massacre was to erase Euphy's massacre in people's minds, to unite people against him with hatred, and not just stopping Schneizel alone. Perhaps he didn't have to. But he did. Live with it.
i do
i dont have a choice in the matter
which is why i feel pissed off about it
if zero-requiem WAS only about stopping Schneizel, i would have been kinder to it
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 04:43   Link #5823
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Actually, Mutuality proves that Suzaku didn't want to kill Lelouch.
Also, I doubt he was considerably more psychologically damaged than our favourite Demon Emperor (let's just take all of Lelouch's cute little hysterical laughing fits and build a mountain).

And the English test killed me, so don't expect anything more constructive from me than this for the next few... we'll see. xD
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 04:48   Link #5824
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
he had a considerably psychological change following the flejia
and he stopped viewing "wrong means" as something to be avoided so long as they get results
no matter how wrong they are
so my point about neku's post still stands, since suzaku was hardly in a position where he'd care if lelouch was doing wrong things
at least not enough to stop him

and hope that the test went well
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 04:58   Link #5825
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
he had a considerably psychological change following the flejia
and he stopped viewing "wrong means" as something to be avoided so long as they get results
no matter how wrong they are
so my point about neku's post still stands, since suzaku was hardly in a position where he'd care if lelouch was doing wrong things
at least not enough to stop him
Actually, I got the impression that both Lelouch and Suzaku got their act together after the World of C. Or that they were equally insane. However you want to see it. xD
Mutuality doesn't show us ravinglunatic!Suzaku, and neither do his conversations with Lelouch.

Quote:
and hope that the test went well
Aw, thank you. *-*
Well... I feel it went horrible, but I'm known to exaggerate when it comes to this kind of thing, so we'll see. xD
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 05:05   Link #5826
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Actually, I got the impression that both Lelouch and Suzaku got their act together after the World of C. Or at least, that they were equally insane. However you want to see it. xD
Mutuality doesn't show us a ravinglunatic!Suzaku, and neither do his conversations with Lelouch.
insanity is not the same as drooling all over yourself and talking to walls (even when he clearly snapped, suzaku wasnt acting insane in that way)
its hard to describe in full, but it can take many forms
like believing things about the world that arent true
like that if you dont like the general shape of the world, then its ok to kill lots of innocent people in order to make it a different shape
there is no REAL reason to change it, since by that point its composed of Lelouch's britannia on one side and the UFN on the other
they just dont like the shape of it, and they consider that enough of a reason

Quote:
Aw, thank you. *-*
Well... I feel it went horrible, but I'm known to exaggerate when it comes to this kind of thing, so we'll see. xD
got my fingers crossed for you
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 07:39   Link #5827
Cipher
.....
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Do you think you could accept Lelouchs' flawed "genius" as part of his "flaws"? and not hate him on that?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 07:40   Link #5828
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
its not the genius part thats the problem
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 07:41   Link #5829
Cipher
.....
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
its not the genius part thats the problem
What's the problem with Lelouch?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 07:46   Link #5830
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
What's the problem with Lelouch?
lelouch spends most of the show stacking the odds in his favor in every single battle
taking every advantage he can get to make victory easier to achieve
then, when faced with the most importent challenge of his life, with the fate of the world at stake (since shnizel would have done horrible things to it if he wasnt stopped)
he chooses, not to attack shnizel, but to attack the UFN instead

thats not genius, thats retarded
he makes the battle ment to SAVE the world, much harder to pull off rather then making it easier by attacking shnizel alone
he doesnt want to save the world, and he doesnt want to fix the world
he wants to destroy it and recreate it
and all because of his own ego
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 07:50   Link #5831
Cipher
.....
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
lelouch spends most of the show stacking the odds in his favor in every single battle
taking every advantage he can get to make victory easier to achieve
then, when faced with the most importent challenge of his life, with the fate of the world at stake (since shnizel would have done horrible things to it if he wasnt stopped)
he chooses, not to attack shnizel, but to attack the UFN instead

thats not genius, thats retarded
he makes the battle ment to SAVE the world, much harder to pull off rather then making it easier by attacking shnizel alone
What if this is "Flawed" genius part I mentioned?

Like for example, somehow, even the smartest brainiac don't know 1 + 1 =2
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 07:53   Link #5832
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
thats not flawed so much as ego-centric
which is a good enough reason to dislike it
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 07:54   Link #5833
Cipher
.....
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
thats not flawed so much as ego-centric
which is a good enough reason to dislike it
How do you know its ego-centric and not flawed? Did he even have any ego?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 07:56   Link #5834
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
How do you know its ego-centric and not flawed? Did he even have any ego?
the man who declares that he will destroy and recreate the world has no ego ?
really...
are you really going to try and argue that lelouch has no ego ?

and my main problem with lelouch's actions are rather simple
just answer a small question
how was attacking the UFN stated to help defeat shnizel ?
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 07:59   Link #5835
Cipher
.....
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the man who declares that he will destroy and recreate the world has no ego ?
really...
"I destroy worlds, I create worlds" right? But this part was the conclusion. Somehow, he felt THAT satisfied? It was on the verge of his death, just exaggerating what he's done so he could feel a good death?

Quote:
and my main problem with lelouch's actions are rather simple
just answer a small question
how was attacking the UFN stated to help defeat shnizel ?
He was a flawed dumb genius?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 08:01   Link #5836
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
"I destroy worlds, I create worlds" right? But this part was the conclusion. Somehow, he felt THAT satisfied? It was on the verge of his death, just exaggerating what he's done so he could feel a good death?
he said it in the first ep of season 1
and repeatedly stated it throughout the show after that

Quote:
He was a flawed dumb genius?
thats not an answer to the question
how did attacking the UFN help deal with shnizel ?
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 08:04   Link #5837
Cipher
.....
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
he said it in the first ep of season 1
and repeatedly stated it throughout the show after that
hmm..maybe to act as motivation and to have greater confidence? Some people do warcries for morale...same thing?


Quote:
thats not an answer to the question
how did attacking the UFN help deal with shnizel ?
It didn't. He thought it would. He was flawed.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 08:07   Link #5838
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
hmm..maybe to act as motivation and to have greater confidence? Some people do warcries for morale...same thing?
not really.
he expresses concern that the 108 dates sayako got him would get in the way of destroying and recreating the world
its an ego thing

Quote:
It didn't. He thought it would. He was flawed.
you are right that it didnt
he didnt think it would
it was what he needed for his OTHER goal
zero-requiem
but since, unlike defeating shnizel, zero-requiem and all the deaths that followed from it were NOT necessary, it makes him a greedy idiot
which conflicts with his past characterization, and ended up making him kick start a world war for no reason
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 08:09   Link #5839
Cipher
.....
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
not really.
he expresses concern that the 108 dates sayako got him would get in the way of destroying and recreating the world
its an ego thing


you are right that it didnt
he didnt think it would
it was what he needed for his OTHER goal
zero-requiem
but since, unlike defeating shnizel, zero-requiem and all the deaths that followed from it were NOT necessary, it makes him a greedy idiot
which conflicts with his past characterization, and ended up making him kick start a world war for no reason
Ok maybe he did have a really huge ego. A flaw?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 08:13   Link #5840
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
when it leads him to massacre people just to appease his ego, thats a flaw worthy of disliking
i dont hate him in general
but i did hate him in the last arc because his flaws were all there, but none of the redeeming qualities that would justify liking him beyond them (mortality pets, necessity, greater evil to overcome)

and i kinda have to go...
sorry
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.