AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-12-08, 00:34   Link #6361
ncrushx
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Aw, that's true.
ncrushx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 00:47   Link #6362
Kuroshinobu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver BC
Who knows, maybe they'll retcon his death and bring him back, but right now he's officially dead. Even though it disappoints me, it's the truth haha.
__________________
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 04:04   Link #6363
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshinobu View Post
Who knows, maybe they'll retcon his death and bring him back, but right now he's officially dead. Even though it disappoints me, it's the truth haha.
Maybe, he's not really dead. What Suzaku really killed must have been a devoy with false DNA patterns. Considering their level of technology, I don't doubt that it's possible for that to happen and fool autopsy reports.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 04:16   Link #6364
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
and the fact that the entire point of his plan was for him to die (by his own will) ?
how are they going to fix THAT part
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 04:24   Link #6365
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
and the fact that the entire point of his plan was for him to die (by his own will) ?
how are they going to fix THAT part
He didn't neccessarily have to die, but to become to focus of everyone's hatred so that the people would rebuild a world where his sister would be free and independent upon his death. In front of the public, he had to die as the source of people's hatred. Hence the appearance of Zero who would eventually run him through. But he could live on in hiding and disappear. It's not impossible that it could happen, although I admit that I only partially believe this is what actually happened.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 04:49   Link #6366
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
he WANTED to die
zero-requiem was BUILT around the premise that lelouch WANTED to die to pay for his sins
suzaku actually ASKS him if he wont consider a different way, and he says that there are other ways available, but this is the only way for HIM
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 06:55   Link #6367
Paladinoras
Pancakes
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In Your House. No, really, look properly.
But as I always say, the world likes to fuck around with Lelouch's plans. XD
__________________


Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 07:15   Link #6368
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
and the fact that the entire point of his plan was for him to die (by his own will) ?
how are they going to fix THAT part
Lulu wanted a lot of things, through out the entire Code Geass.

He rarely actually get them.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 07:19   Link #6369
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
he WANTED to die
zero-requiem was BUILT around the premise that lelouch WANTED to die to pay for his sins
suzaku actually ASKS him if he wont consider a different way, and he says that there are other ways available, but this is the only way for HIM
It's just a possibility. He wanted the people to believe that he died, but perhaps not literally die. But like I said, I don't fully believe in it myself, just saying that it's possible.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 08:49   Link #6370
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
What does 'possible' mean? Like we've been repeatedly saying, it is canon fact--as in, the creators have explicitly stated--that Lelouch is dead. The writers themselves don't believe it is 'possible'--so why do you?
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 24/5 :: Hanayamata 30/5 :: Locodol 30/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 12:04   Link #6371
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
They cloned Lelouch and killed the poor thing? q.q
All right, I'm finally convinced. Lelouch and Suzaku are EVIL!

Oh, wait, I know!
In reality, Lelouch is hiding out on a cute little island near China, where he pretends to be dead along with Clovis (who has never been shown to die on screen! Take that! It was all planned from the beginning, yes!) and tries to get his favourite older brother to stop attempting to force him into ridiculous swimming suits. To achieve that, he brought Shirley back from the dead. Now, she happily acts as a decoy and is taking care of C.C.'s pizza. The piece with pepperonie is named Charly, a mixture of "Charles" and "Shirley", who were both though dead by Lelouch at that time (which they were!), so he made C.C. honour them (his beloved father was nice enough to give him a Code, after all!).
Sometimes, Jeremiah and Sayoko come to visit. One of them is making out with Clovis on a regular basis, but just which one will only be revealed in the third season. In fact, that's what Lelouch of the Cakeonstruction will be all about.
I can't wait!


...In case this offened anyone, don't be! Everyone in this forum can attest that I'm a totally harmless, extremely random fangirl - if Lelouch manages to return from the death, I'll totally give him cake!
But if he forgets to drag Clovis along, I'll hate him forever! ...Well, or at least, I won't give him any cake, that's for sure!
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 14:18   Link #6372
Kuroshinobu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver BC
At least we can all agree on the fact that he was one badass emperor.
__________________
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 14:24   Link #6373
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshinobu View Post
At least we can all agree on the fact that he was one badass emperor.
Hmm, I believe blade would disagree. As for me, well, he was badass, but I agree with blade's assessment that ZR was completely messed up and ethically wrong.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 14:24   Link #6374
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
no
he was badass as a rebel leader
as an emperor, he was hiding behind women and children while sending his soldiers on mass to the slaughter

edit: nobody beat me
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 14:31   Link #6375
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
no
he was badass as a rebel leader
as an emperor, he was hiding behind women and children while sending his soldiers on mass to the slaughter

edit: nobody beat me
I disagree, he was a coward even as a Rebel Leader. He was always using tricks and lowly tactics. I mean, first he uses poison gas and takes a bunch of people hostage (that was a bluff I know, BUT, it is lowly), then he causes a landslide that also takes out a good portion of his allies (the JLF were fighting Britannia, and as the saying goes the enemy of my enemy...) Then he uses the collapsing foundation to take out Cornelia when their forces were pretty much even in terms of numbers and arguably battle strength.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 14:34   Link #6376
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
he was at on the front line fighting with his men back then
he used tricks to deal with overwhelming numbers of enemies, but he was at least a good strategist because of it
during the last arc, HE is the one with the bigger numbers, and yet he still cant match up
during zero-R he was sitting on the bridge of the avalon while his soldiers get sent against the damocles under orders that are pretty much "keep getting killed until he runs out of ammo"
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 14:52   Link #6377
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshinobu View Post
Well that means that whoever the Lelouch guy is, he will have a massive impact on Japanese history.

If Lelouch chose that emblem to be the sign of the Black Knights, than that means he must also have made a large impact on Japanese people as a whole.
That's still beyond me that C.C. doesn't remember a guy (the one in the new manga, and surely upcoming anime) who resembles Lelouch so much D=
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 15:02   Link #6378
Kuroshinobu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver BC
Regardless of what tactics Lelouch used, the end justifies the means.
__________________
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 15:03   Link #6379
Meatrose
Antihero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Area 11
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
That's still beyond me that C.C. doesn't remember a guy (the one in the new manga, and surely upcoming anime) who resembles Lelouch so much D=
It's because of the problems with continuity that expanding a franchise beyond what was originally planned for entails. It sucks, but it's probably something we have to accept, unless they actually come up with a good explanation.
__________________
Meatrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 15:08   Link #6380
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshinobu View Post
Regardless of what tactics Lelouch used, the end justifies the means.
only if the end actually REQUIRES the means
zero-requiem was not required to bring about world peace, a simple peace treaty between Britannia and the UFN would have done just as well
and would not have required Lelouch to commit mass murder
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.