AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-03-22, 14:03   Link #6781
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
That is true about Euphie. A couple of the fanfic treatments of her that I've read have had her glomping Lelouch. Not official, but I can imagine that being the case.
Oh yes, Euphie totally tops. Lelouch, Suzaku and even Cornelia - she's awesome like that!
Like a semefyed version of Nunnally...
Omg, I didn't really say that. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Here's a question. As far as we know, did Lelouch any sort of formal military training experience before becoming Zero? That is, before Stage 2?
Uh... chess?
No, I really don't think something like that was ever so much as implied. Well, as a prince and Marianne's son, he probably learned a few things by default, but he's probably mostly self-taught. Can't think of any other possibilities that make sense, especially since "formal military training" makes me think of... well, sports. xD
He also made comments like, "this is a game of chess where lives are at stake", and I believe the reason for that is that he had nothing better to compare the situation to.

Edit:
Ah, was a bit late, it seems. xD
Old 2010-03-22, 14:13   Link #6782
Nobodyman9
Banned

Thanks for the info. That's what I thought. So bascially it's like...

Lelouch: Now I'm going to pwn these Britannian soldiers, despite the fact that I've had no real formal military training or experience. Nope, I can do it simply because I'm a genius and brilliant chess master, and the two are exactly alike in every single way.

Kallen: But...

Lelouch: THEY'RE EXACTLY ALIKE IN EVERY SINGLE WAY!!

Kallen: Hmm, gee. I wonder why they never contracted Bobby Fischer for military duty.

Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 14:19   Link #6783
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Thanks for the info. That's what I thought. So bascially it's like...

Lelouch: Now I'm going to pwn these Britannian soldiers, despite the fact that I've had no real formal military training or experience. Nope, I can do it simply because I'm a genius and brilliant chess master, and the two are exactly alike in every single way.

Kallen: But...

Lelouch: THEY'RE EXACTLY ALIKE IN EVERY SINGLE WAY!!

Kallen: Hmm, gee. I wonder why they never contracted Bobby Fischer for military duty.

Exactly!
Well, Lelouch is a genius, and he most likely has read up the stuff, but... yes, in Code Geass, chess and military tactics are basically the same thing. *nods sagely* Which means Clovis would have pwned a lot more seven years before the start of the series! ... That, or he'd have just gone off and painted something, but that's like cheerleading, yes!
Hum. Clovis... cheerleading... Lelouch... excuse me, I'll be off writing crack. xD
Old 2010-03-22, 14:24   Link #6784
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Bobby Fischer has nothing on Kyoshiro Tohdoh, even though he lost a majority of his battles during his appearance. It's sorta like the Sigmund battle technique "The victory lies not in who wins, but who survive."

Sorry... Sigmund being offtopic... UNLESS you tie Lelouch's dub actor!

Guy: *Revenge complex*
Lelouch: *Revenge complex*
Guy: I will destroy Kimlasca!!
Lelouch: I will destroy Britannia!!

XD sorry...

I think if Lelouch did have any military training, it was subtle, like Suzaku probably teaching Lelouch some kenjitsu or outdoor survival. Like I said, subtle...

I wouldn't necessary say he didn't know what it took to have military training, which was the baseline of the Black Knights/Kuro no Kishidan.

It's all speculation, though.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 14:31   Link #6785
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post

I think if Lelouch did have any military training, it was subtle, like Suzaku probably teaching Lelouch some kenjitsu or outdoor survival. Like I said, subtle...

I wouldn't necessary say he didn't know what it took to have military training, which was the baseline of the Black Knights/Kuro no Kishidan.

It's all speculation, though.
Suzaku teaching Lelouch... military stuff? That's a thought both cute and very, very strange. xD
I mean, wouldn't reading do the job at least as well? And when they were children, Lelouch probably already had more knowledge on the theoretical stuff. Suzaku could have attempted teaching him practical things on a whim, but that would just serve to make me smile and pity both of them in a very amused sort of way.
Old 2010-03-22, 14:41   Link #6786
Nobodyman9
Banned

Well, whatever the case may be, even if Lelouch was a genius and he did read a lot and if he did receive some "subtle" training from his time in Britannia or from Suzaku or whoever, there's still a big difference between doing all that and actually being on the battlefield. If this were the real world I don't think Lelouch would've lasted a minute out there.

But it's just a show, so I guess I'll just chill
Old 2010-03-22, 14:43   Link #6787
Betteroffer

Well there were probably dozens of books available at Ashford alone on military related things like strategy and tactics given Britannia's focus nature, and then there would likely be other libraries in the Settlement, and on the net, as well as books he could order dealing exclusively with such things.

A guy like Lelouch would definitely be aware of ways to gain more information on warfare, politics, economics, and anything he felt could help in his endeavors. Remember he was originally planning to start a rebellion even before Geass.

Granted there is a difference between intelligence and wisdom, or book smarts and street smarts as the saying goes, but that was part of the show itself, and Lelouch even commented on it in Shinjuku.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 14:46   Link #6788
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Well, whatever the case may be, even if Lelouch was a genius and he did read a lot and if he did receive some "subtle" training from his time in Britannia or from Suzaku or whoever, there's still a big difference between doing all that and actually being on the battlefield. If this were the real world I don't think Lelouch would've lasted a minute out there.

If it was the real world, Suzaku wouldn't be Superman.
Then again...

Anyway, can't really see little!Suzaku teaching little!Lelouch military stuff, but I'd like to see him try. xD
For everything else, there's books and the internet!
Old 2010-03-22, 15:13   Link #6789
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Oh yes, Euphie totally tops. Lelouch, Suzaku and even Cornelia - she's awesome like that!
Like a semefyed version of Nunnally...
Omg, I didn't really say that. xD
That she is! She's the pink blur!

Shirley might be a little envious of Euphie doing that to Lelouch, and get weird ideas, not knowing that they're related, lol.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 15:19   Link #6790
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
That she is! She's the pink blur!

Shirley might be a little envious of Euphie doing that to Lelouch, and get weird ideas, not knowing that they're related, lol.
So... are you saying Euphie would accidentally semefy Shirley? *grins*
Poor Lelouch. For all that he tops the world, it's always the harmless looking, sweet ones that leave a megalomaniac genius with a control fetish defenseless.

And hey, even if Shirley knew they were related... incest happens. xD
Old 2010-03-22, 15:25   Link #6791
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Aanndd we're back on the uke-seme topic.
Old 2010-03-22, 15:33   Link #6792
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Aanndd we're back on the uke-seme topic.
Ah, yes we are, although it has gotten a lot more... euphish. xD
Old 2010-03-22, 15:40   Link #6793
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Ah, yes we are, although it has gotten a lot more... euphish. xD
Uke-seme with a dash of incest. Yep, that's what Lelouch is about, all right. Sexual deviancy.
Old 2010-03-22, 15:44   Link #6794
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Uke-seme with a dash of incest. Yep, that's what Lelouch is about, all right. Sexual deviancy.
*nods happily*
Well, that and cake. Everything is about cake.

No, really, he did have a crush on Euphie once, the uke-seme thing is fun, and it's not like this is the most trivial thing about Lelouch that has ever been discussed here. At least it's a change in pace.
Old 2010-03-22, 16:16   Link #6795
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
*nods happily*

No, really, he did have a crush on Euphie once, the uke-seme thing is fun, and it's not like this is the most trivial thing about Lelouch that has ever been discussed here. At least it's a change in pace.
Ah, you are right. I did forget about that...creepy little tidbit of information
Old 2010-03-22, 16:17   Link #6796
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Ah, you are right. I did forget about that...creepy little tidbit of information
Personally, I thought it was cute. xD
And since they didn't really grow up together in the way Lelouch and Nunnally did, it's not even all that unrealistic.
Old 2010-03-22, 16:24   Link #6797
Sol Falling

Regarding Lelouch's military training:

First of all, in terms of practical experience: as he was under the protection of the Ashfords, it was stated that Lelouch had practice piloting the prototype Knightmare for stuff like the giant pizza festival.

Second, back during the Narita arc in S1, I recall Lelouch made a reference to Sun Tzu's 'Art of War' by talking about fighting 'with your backs to the river'. So we can presume he'd at least read that.
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 20/5 :: Hanayamata 40/5 :: Locodol 24/5 :: Yama no Susume 32/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 16:28   Link #6798
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
*nods happily*

The cake is a lie.

Lelouch is an important character in anything Code Geass, in my opinion. He can be seen as a sort of hero-villain imma-firin'-my-passion-ambition-lazehhhh kind of person.

Yes, even in my FF he is important... Dx just.. you know... less important since the main focus is Karai, and not Railulu.

Yes, Railulu. You know what i'm implying. Of course, it all depends on his mood.. x3 rawr! Uke-seme discussion.. TRANSFORM!... or something of the similiar.

@Sol falling: That is valid points. Though I didn't know it was from Sun Tzu's 'Art of War'. That would certainly explain something... Has Li Xing-ke read it? D:
Old 2010-03-22, 17:59   Link #6799
azul120

Quote:
*nods happily*

Lol. Euphie is the most adorable ambiguously siscon character ever. Too bad that relationship had to be screwed by one of the worst Diabolos Ex Machinas of all time.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 19:16   Link #6800
Laurcus
The black angel

Quote:

Don't forget though that Lelouch is pretty much a super genius, the level of intelligence that he has is beyond what most people can even comprehend. Remember the episode where he met Mao? He came up with like what was it? 14 possible identities for Mao in under a second just based off Mao knowing who CC is. Not only that but one of them was correct.