AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-20, 03:57   Link #821
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Well, I've heard it said that the directors/storywritters did say that he'd do something this season that'd make him want to kill himself; perhaps this would be it then. Ah well, if he do - or even try to - really kill her, then the shit has truly hit the fan and Suzaku'll no longer be able to deny his true desire...
*imagines Suzaku with his gun ala last ep of season 1, and Nunnally in a pool of blood*

I don't know what's more wrong: the wild look in his eyes, or Nunnally whispering her last words.

Well, I'll agree that him killing his father is the secret that will do him in, unless he's truly gotten over it. *imagines Suzaku shrugging his shoulders and saying, "Yeah, I killed my pops. So what?"*
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 04:06   Link #822
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
*imagines Suzaku with his gun ala last ep of season 1, and Nunnally in a pool of blood*

I don't know what's more wrong: the wild look in his eyes, or Nunnally whispering her last words.
I dunno. But I suppose that to him, it'd all be like he'd be killing Euphie with his own hands...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 04:09   Link #823
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post

Well, I'll agree that him killing his father is the secret that will do him in, unless he's truly gotten over it. *imagines Suzaku shrugging his shoulders and saying, "Yeah, I killed my pops. So what?"*
You forgot the "He deserved to die because he didn't surrender to the invincible Britannian army. So many needless lives were lost because of that. And Britannia is invincible because it conquered the world with a little of my help."

But yeah, we've gone horribly off topic. This is the Lulu thread.

Sometimes I wonder if the Lulu and Suzaku thread should combine or something, they overlap during convarsation too much.
Old 2008-05-20, 04:09   Link #824
Sol Falling

Not that this actually has anything to do with Lelouch, but I wonder where people are getting the idea that Suzaku doesn't want the SAZ? Sure, he doesn't need it, as he's got his own plans to become the Knight of One, but he actually even encouraged Nunally, telling her 'Euphie wasn't the one who was wrong". And why the hell would Suzaku want to kill Nunally? Even Lelouch said so, Suzaku absolutely cares about Nunally's well being and will do his best to protect her at her side.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 04:12   Link #825
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Not that this actually has anything to do with Lelouch, but I wonder where people are getting the idea that Suzaku doesn't want the SAZ? Sure, he doesn't need it, as he's got his own plans to become the Knight of One, but he actually even encouraged Nunally, telling her 'Euphie wasn't the one who was wrong". And why the hell would Suzaku want to kill Nunally? Even Lelouch said so, Suzaku absolutely cares about Nunally's well being and will do his best to protect her at her side.
Suzaku's priority is not Nunnally's welbing. His priority is orders. When Chales finally give the order for Suzaku to kill her, he would do it.

And to make it on topic, I say this because it is exactly the opposite of Lelouch.
Old 2008-05-20, 04:13   Link #826
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You forgot the "He deserved to die because he didn't surrender to the invincible Britannian army. So many needless lives were lost because of that. And Britannia is invincible because it conquered the world with a little of my help."

But yeah, we've gone horribly off topic. This is the Lulu thread.

Sometimes I wonder if the Lulu and Suzaku thread should combine or something, they overlap during convarsation too much.
We can't talk about one without comparing with the other. Sometimes, I think that Suzaku and Lelouch look more like siblings than Lelouch and Nunnally.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 04:19   Link #827
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi Send a message via Skype™ to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Well, I've heard it said that the directors/storywritters did say that he'd do something this season that'd make him want to kill himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
no, it was actually just Kawaguchi insinuating complete lies. he does that a lot actually....alright he does it all the time.

which is why it's best to ignore him.
Thanks Ashlay
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 04:19   Link #828
Sol Falling

Why would Charles order Suzaku to kill Nunally? Because she revived the SAZ? That makes no sense, honestly. And that's not even what you said, anyway. You said that Suzaku is just waiting for justification to 'put a bullet in Nunally's skull'. That implies that he wants to, deep inside, and is just a ridiculous claim any way you want to look at it.
Old 2008-05-20, 04:22   Link #829
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Suzaku's priority is not Nunnally's welbing. His priority is orders.
More like his goal is to ensure that Britannia remains/becomes victorious in the end. And to do that, of course he has to follow orders - if he refused to follow orders, he'd probably get kicked out of the KoR, rendering everything he has doen thus far useless (and the only time he showed himself prepared to defy orders was when he was ordered to kill Lelouch - but I don't think he'll defy orders like that a second time)...
Old 2008-05-20, 04:27   Link #830
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Why would Charles order Suzaku to kill Nunally? Because she revived the SAZ? That makes no sense, honestly.
I wonder. SAZ and Nunnally's idea of a "gentle world" is against the emperor's darwinist idelogy, which he wants to base his empire and it's society upon. In short, both represent a possible future problem, and not only as far as his ideology goes. I'm not sure if he'll do anything about it or not (he seems to be ready to let his children do as they please most of the time after all), but the possiiblity can't be left out either...
Old 2008-05-20, 04:48   Link #831
Sol Falling

The Emperor doesn't know of Nunally's desire for a "gentle world". I don't quite see how the SAZ represents a 'possible future problem' for him either. As far as being 'fit' goes, wouldn't he consider that to mean doing whatever you need to do in order to survive? How does 'making the best use of one's resources' contradict that? If Nunally is able to foster cooperation among the Britannians and Japanese such that the Japanese become productive members of society and the Britannians can stop wasting resources policing them, how would crushing that achievement help Britannia survive at all?
Old 2008-05-20, 04:53   Link #832
DN24

I think the SAZ fit Charles ideal of "survival for the fittest" since within SAZ Japanese=Britanian meaning fair competition,the Britanian can no longer rely on being Britanian but their own power.

I don't think Suzaku would ever kill Nunally on someone order,she's important to him too.But he might accidentally kill her and that will make Suzaku and Lelouch even.
DN24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 07:00   Link #833
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN24 View Post
I think the SAZ fit Charles ideal of "survival for the fittest" since within SAZ Japanese=Britanian meaning fair competition,the Britanian can no longer rely on being Britanian but their own power.

I don't think Suzaku would ever kill Nunally on someone order,she's important to him too.But he might accidentally kill her and that will make Suzaku and Lelouch even.
even? i think not even close. what about the memory wiping part? what about the betrayal? u seem to forget those points. yes euphy was important to him. but making lelouch forgetting all his memories and losing nunnally is more then enough to cover it up. if suzaku kills nunnally.. then it would drive lelouch insane.
Ice_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 07:01   Link #834
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Now that you mention it, a Darwinist King who is called Charles... Hmm....

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Nice one, Sunrise!!

“Oh I love you Jesus, but only as a friend. You touched my heart but I hope that's where the touchin' ends. You're always lookin' over me when I need a higher power. But you better look at somethin' else when I'm in the shower.”

-The Idiotic Homophobic Country Western Singer from Late Night With Conan O'Brien.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 07:07   Link #835
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi Send a message via Skype™ to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Bullet View Post
if suzaku kills nunnally.. then it would drive lelouch insane.
This won't happen.
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 07:11   Link #836
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
This won't happen.
hell it won't. if it did. i think sunrise would have a angry riot outside their headquaters with all the suzaku haters in the world >_>. seriously i have NEVER seen so much hate generated for ONE character.

i hate him too.
Ice_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 07:15   Link #837
Eliarine

Yeah I think we got that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
That's ok it really never made any sense to begin with. The Suzaku-Lelouch double standard is outright hilarious at times.
This is probably the most sensible thing I have read here in days.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 23:47   Link #838
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-While Suzaku believes the world can be changed through "peaceful" means Lelouch carries the idea of "spare the rod, spoil the child". Whereas Suzaku's idea relies more "fanatical optimism/pacifism" Lelouch's idea draws from "brutal realism". He knows first-hand what kind of emperor is in control of Britania and he knows that in order to liberate Japan he needs an army that can best Britania's own. I guess this is what makes Lelouch easier to like than Suzaku since Lulouch's approach is quite akin to a real-life situation. Naturally when a country is overthrown by another the first step in liberation is to escape and regroup, then perform guerilla warfare whilst gathering allies from surrounding areas until finally you have a force strong enough to retake what is yours. Perhaps Lelouch's method is dangerous and brings about death to both sides but that the "reality" of the situation. Going to war means to expect casualties on both sides. Granted, Lelouch's manipulative side may be a flaw but for him it is necessary in order to achieve his goal.
Old 2008-05-21, 23:56   Link #839
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi
This won't happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Bullet
hell it won't.
... Oh really? Well, I certainly hope it won't happen, but...
Old 2008-05-22, 00:43   Link #840
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
While Suzaku believes the world can be changed through "peaceful" means Lelouch carries the idea of "spare the rod, spoil the child". Whereas Suzaku's idea relies more "fanatical optimism/pacifism"
I don't recall Suzaku ever stating that the world would be changed by peaceful means. He simply stated working from within and his actions up to now are hardly peaceful nor would it even be considered pacifism.

The only ones coming close to it would be Nunnally and Euphie as they want to end the fighting period. Suzaku and Lelouch want to end it through fighting.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote