AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-23, 02:01   Link #921
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I believe that's because technically, V.V. isn't a Britannian.
Well, possibly. That sounds a bit too simple though...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 03:54   Link #922
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Yeah but if he does that the people that seem to like Nunnally might defy him.
Oh, noes, Lelouch and his Black Knight would rebel! Who cares?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 11:12   Link #923
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Oh, noes, Lelouch and his Black Knight would rebel! Who cares?
I was talking about Britannian people actually.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 11:21   Link #924
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yeah, sure. They'll fight the emperor for the sake of his blind crippled daughter. Very likely.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 11:40   Link #925
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
The Britannian people really have nothing to gain by fighting the Emperor. If anything, they want him to win.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 11:41   Link #926
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, sure. They'll fight the emperor for the sake of his blind crippled daughter. Very likely.
Quite a LOT of people within Britannia is quite willing to fight the Emperor if they think they stand a chance. People who are actually happy with Charle's rule are in the minority here.

That's why Zero is a threat; he becomes a figurehead for ALL oppressed people, Numbers or not. And it can pull anti-emperor sentiments out of the woodwork.

It happened once in Europe in the Code Geass universe, it can happen again.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 11:44   Link #927
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Oh, they are? I know the nobility is on his side, but do regular civilians gain that much by fighting him?
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 12:06   Link #928
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Oh, they are? I know the nobility is on his side, but do regular civilians gain that much by fighting him?
Ask Villetta. She is so frightened at the prospect of becoming a civilian again that she is committing treason. She is risking DEATH. All this wouldn't have been an issue if ordinary citizens were treated fairly.

I'd say the average Britannian had nothing to gain from the prosperity of the Britannian Empire. If you are not a Noble you are doomed, Numbered or not.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 12:09   Link #929
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Villetta fears losing her status, not her military employment. She doesn't want to be an Orange, which was one of her main character development points last season.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 12:11   Link #930
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
She enjoys being of a higher rank than others. Anyone enjoys such a thing.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 12:19   Link #931
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
She enjoys being of a higher rank than others. Anyone enjoys such a thing.
But Villetta was characterized as someone who was born into poverty. (Hinted at by her cooking skill in making a good meal out of few scant ingrediants in the fridge.) The only true rank she held before her recent Baroness position was a mere Knight title.

I remember discussions in season 1 about how Villetta rejected Ogi purely because she was afraid of becoming a commoner again. Hence she does still have feelings for him, as is now shown in R2.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 12:22   Link #932
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
I suppose she could come to grips with the idea of being a commoner. It would probably make her happier anyway.

It would certainly help Lelouch even though he would still use her.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 12:26   Link #933
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I suppose she could come to grips with the idea of being a commoner. It would probably make her happier anyway.

It would certainly help Lelouch even though he would still use her.
She remember being a commoner. That's not new. She just has to realize that it is the System that is at fault, and not the poor and disadvantaged.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 12:40   Link #934
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
I meant that it isn't a bad thing to simply being a commoner. That, like you said, it is the system and not the poor that are at fault.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 14:26   Link #935
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
No what VCV meant was that the commoners have no chance of prosperity or that it's very very difficult.

Rolo asked Lelouch what university he wanted to go to but Lelouch replied that since he was a commoner, the prospects aren't that great. No matter what he does the nobles are the ones who hold the power or the positions.

Soooo technically speaking this SAR should also benefit normal britannian citizens.

On Rolo's assassination profiles we even see that they have a House of Commons vs. House or Lords and they have trouble pushing their agendas (Such as trying to prevent some areas being given correctional status).

I'm sure they would want as much equal opportunities or to be given a chance to be promoted to jobs that only Nobles are allowed to have.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 14:39   Link #936
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Oh, my bad.

I'd forgotten that some of Rolo's targets were people that were pushing correctional status.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 15:22   Link #937
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Quite a LOT of people within Britannia is quite willing to fight the Emperor if they think they stand a chance. People who are actually happy with Charle's rule are in the minority here.

That's why Zero is a threat; he becomes a figurehead for ALL oppressed people, Numbers or not. And it can pull anti-emperor sentiments out of the woodwork.

It happened once in Europe in the Code Geass universe, it can happen again.
Possibly. But what's going to buy that are Zero's victories, and Nunally being angry because the Britanian army didn't respect her SAZ isn't going to be a factor, is all I'm saying.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 18:49   Link #938
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Quite a LOT of people within Britannia is quite willing to fight the Emperor if they think they stand a chance. People who are actually happy with Charle's rule are in the minority here.

That's why Zero is a threat; he becomes a figurehead for ALL oppressed people, Numbers or not. And it can pull anti-emperor sentiments out of the woodwork.

It happened once in Europe in the Code Geass universe, it can happen again.
Really? From what I seen the common people seemed to be pretty happy (though satisfied might be better word). The reason is simple, because of the existence of numbers. As long as they have someone to look down on people they will feel better about themselves. Also Charles's speech in episode 7 reinforce this, his speech basically was Social Darwinism. Because of the propaganda I really don't think that Brittanian will join with Zero who has sided with Japanese or to Brittanian nothing more then bunch of elevens.
__________________
Terrestrial Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 19:01   Link #939
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Really? From what I seen the common people seemed to be pretty happy (though satisfied might be better word). The reason is simple, because of the existence of numbers. As long as they have someone to look down on people they will feel better about themselves. Also Charles's speech in episode 7 reinforce this, his speech basically was Social Darwinism. Because of the propaganda I really don't think that Brittanian will join with Zero who has sided with Japanese or to Brittanian nothing more then bunch of elevens.
social darwinism? but they're starting out unequal to begin with no? commoners aren't going to get past nobles...

if anything, it's like a bit of fascism mixed in with the whole darwinism idea
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 20:19   Link #940
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Really? From what I seen the common people seemed to be pretty happy (though satisfied might be better word). The reason is simple, because of the existence of numbers. As long as they have someone to look down on people they will feel better about themselves. Also Charles's speech in episode 7 reinforce this, his speech basically was Social Darwinism. Because of the propaganda I really don't think that Brittanian will join with Zero who has sided with Japanese or to Brittanian nothing more then bunch of elevens.
Once again, I show Villetta as exhibit A.
You will never feel better about looking down on someone as long as you aren't a bastard and still have someone above you looking down on YOU. Joy of oppression is not a sport enjoyed by all.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.