AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-27, 13:11   Link #961
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Didn't she know he was once a prince? I thought she did.
Yep. she knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto_Must_DIE View Post
If that info was gone over in the first season, that's fine and dandy, but that still doesn't answer the ORIGINAL question I posed.

Why did Lelouche reveal himself in this week's episode and not last season? She has been working with the Black Knights for some time now. Why wait until now or why at all?
He didn't know she's working for the OotBK until the battle in Ashford.
He wasn't sure if she supports the rebellion. She's very close to them. And she's already been geassed so if anything goes wrong with her, he can't fix it easily. No way he would risk it telling her for no reason.

Maybe he wants to tell her he's alive and well, since she cares about Lelouch and Nunnally very much. Maybe he has something up his sleeves that requires letting her know who he is. For instance, something like having her to get in contact with Nunnally. If Sayoko doesn't know Zero is Lelouch, she might think Zero wants to hurt Nunnally.

Why not wait a few episodes? It's not the first time we see the results on an action after a few episodes.
__________________
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 13:18   Link #962
Makoto_Must_DIE
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Why not wait a few episodes? It's not the first time we see the results on an action after a few episodes.
I kinda like my idea of him needing someone to cook and clean for him while he's away in China more.

Though it must've been a slight shock for him that he didn't realize that they BOTH were working with the OotBK. Kinda like when Lelouche found out that Oougi had an affair with Viletta. "What do you mean Oougi's keeping secrets from me?" Like lelouche doesn't keep his own.
Makoto_Must_DIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 00:05   Link #963
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto_Must_DIE View Post
I kinda like my idea of him needing someone to cook and clean for him while he's away in China more. .
He doesn't need a maid to do housework. He is better than any maid, He's the perfect Housewife =p

Quote:
Though it must've been a slight shock for him that he didn't realize that they BOTH were working with the OotBK. Kinda like when Lelouche found out that Oougi had an affair with Viletta. "What do you mean Oougi's keeping secrets from me?" Like lelouche doesn't keep his own
That scene was funny.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 02:44   Link #964
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto_Must_DIE View Post
Though it must've been a slight shock for him that he didn't realize that they BOTH were working with the OotBK. Kinda like when Lelouche found out that Oougi had an affair with Viletta. "What do you mean Oougi's keeping secrets from me?" Like lelouche doesn't keep his own.
He keeping secrets himself isn't the point. It's shocking because it's Ougi the old faithful who has been supportive of him all these time.
Bet he wouldn't be so surprised if it's Tamaki that's keeping a mistress in secret.
__________________
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 05:43   Link #965
Pathis87
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: belgium
Age: 27
We can assume that the other drifting candle with " Euphemia" written on it was put there by lelouch right ? If so how did he get there if it wasn't a public memorial place that is ... .
And with the matter of sayako; Lelouch trusts her because she knows he is Royalty and if she wanted to betray him she would have done it a long time ago .
__________________

watching: Durarara - Fairy Tail -
DO NOT copy my signatures or Avatars without my permission ! http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?u=79426
Pathis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 06:17   Link #966
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathis87 View Post
We can assume that the other drifting candle with " Euphemia" written on it was put there by lelouch right ? If so how did he get there if it wasn't a public memorial place that is ...
If it wasn't, then he simply got there using his Geass - or perhaps he enlisted Rolo's help there.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 06:26   Link #967
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
He keeping secrets himself isn't the point. It's shocking because it's Ougi the old faithful who has been supportive of him all these time.
Bet he wouldn't be so surprised if it's Tamaki that's keeping a mistress in secret.
He'd be flabbergasted a woman let Tamaki touch her. I know I would be...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 10:22   Link #968
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
I always thought his reaction about Ougi in 5 had to do with how Lelouch considering Ougi one of those he could trust and that he was surprised he of all people would be keeping a secret.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 10:39   Link #969
Makoto_Must_DIE
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I always thought his reaction about Ougi in 5 had to do with how Lelouch considering Ougi one of those he could trust and that he was surprised he of all people would be keeping a secret.
This is very true, but I still think it's a little funny that Lelouch would even think that Ougi wouldn't have his own secrets considering how many secrets Lulu is harboring. He's leading a double life for almost 2 years. If anything, I thought he would be the MOST distrustful even of Ougi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathis87 View Post
And with the matter of sayako; Lelouch trusts her because she knows he is Royalty and if she wanted to betray him she would have done it a long time ago .
Shouldn't he be able to trust Todou too? Todou knows this as well.
Makoto_Must_DIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 10:43   Link #970
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
I suppose he didn't think Ougi was the type to keep secrets as big as harboring a Britannian and that is somewhat true fo Ougi since he has shown himself to be one of the most trustworthy and level-headed people in the show.

I don't think he and Toudou knew each other that well. They were only aware of each other through Suzaku.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 16:52   Link #971
iBeast
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Lulu is very much like Light Yagami...though they aren't completely similar because of the two different story line.....

Light has the death note while Lulu has the geass and they both have goals in mind and don't care who dies to reach them.

They both are well drawn, intelligent, cool appearances, and are both ladies man.

Light is much more athletic then Lulu, but Lulu is much more aggressive.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 17:01   Link #972
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_hai View Post
Light has the death note while Lulu has the geass and they both have goals in mind and don't care who dies to reach them.
This is quite wrong, I think. If LKelouch was truly like that, then he'd have killed off Suzaku a long time ago and he wouldn't have cared about the fact that he was "opposed" by Nunnally herself - and so on. all in all, Lelouxh is far more "human" if you so will, if compared to Light.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 17:13   Link #973
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Lelouch is really only like Light if you look at him in a very superficial way. Lelouch actually cares about other people and is doing what he does for someone else. He also doesn't have a God complex.

And Lelouch isn't aware he is a ladies man either nor is he the type I think to take advantage of someone else's feelings for him.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 17:39   Link #974
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
If Lelouch were like Light he would have killed Nunnally the instant she became a threat to his plan. That's how different they are. It's been confirmed by DN's creator that Light cares for NOBODY except himself because he thinks he's so superior to everyone around him that they aren't worthy of his acknowledgement.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 17:56   Link #975
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Lelouch is really only like Light if you look at him in a very superficial way. Lelouch actually cares about other people and is doing what he does for someone else. He also doesn't have a God complex.
To say two characters are alike is not the same as saying they are exactly alike... They are both manipulative, have taken a very bloody path to get what they want, connected to the side they are opposed against, incredibly geniuses, the list just goes on (lelouch also seems to have a bit of god complex... not nearly as big as Light's)... really, that shread of humanity that Lelouch still has is pretty much the only difference he and light have... His close friends and family are mainly the only ones we have been shown he really cares about... most others he seems to regard as pawns

Though some might say that the most recent episode may be a sign of change in Lelouch as his actions seem like they have less to do with his sister and may actually be for the sake of Zero's followers... Kinda funny though... both light and Lelouch went under changes, just in opposite directions... Lelouch seems like he may be growing for the better, while Light slipped further as the series continued
Quote:
nor is he the type I think to take advantage of someone else's feelings for him.
He's already doing that actually, with his "little brother"... from the moment he won him over, he had the full intention of only faking those brotherly feelings to use him as much as he could, and then in the end discard him... whether or not this plan will change has yet to be seen
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 18:29   Link #976
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
I suppose early on they may have been a bit similar, but they've diverged more and more as time went on. Any idea Lelouch may have had of being something like a saviour appeared to be gotten rid of to some degree after the whole thing with Euphemia. He even said so himself.

Really, other than some general personality traits they aren't that alike as some people think.

First time really for the series and that looks like it could be changing. Besides, Rolo had a side mission as well outside of things.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 03:19   Link #977
mash11
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada
I would say that they did not even start alike, the natures of the worlds they both live in are as different as day and night. Light lives in one closer to ours, where people are materialistic on an individual level, and on a nationalistic level it appears similar to ours, ie no major wars currently engulfing the world. Whereas Lelouch's world is screwed with three major superpowers fighting for dominance, and he as a prince is stuck smackdab in the middle, so much so that he got that power while he had a dozen guns aimed at his head simply for seeing something he should not have, after witnessing those same weapons killing innocents (men, women and children) at the orders of his brother (since his title is more important to him than the lives of innocents), no I disagree with any comparison made about them, they started differently and walk very different paths, the fact that they share one or two similar traits (ruthlessness to enemies is different from god-complex and using EVERYBODY as pawns/ruthlessness to everybody) does not make them similar.
mash11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 07:35   Link #978
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash11 View Post
I would say that they did not even start alike, the natures of the worlds they both live in are as different as day and night. Light lives in one closer to ours, where people are materialistic on an individual level, and on a nationalistic level it appears similar to ours, ie no major wars currently engulfing the world. Whereas Lelouch's world is screwed with three major superpowers fighting for dominance, and he as a prince is stuck smackdab in the middle, so much so that he got that power while he had a dozen guns aimed at his head simply for seeing something he should not have, after witnessing those same weapons killing innocents (men, women and children) at the orders of his brother (since his title is more important to him than the lives of innocents), no I disagree with any comparison made about them, they started differently and walk very different paths, the fact that they share one or two similar traits (ruthlessness to enemies is different from god-complex and using EVERYBODY as pawns/ruthlessness to everybody) does not make them similar.
good point. i myself don't think they're similar. well, yes its true that they manipulate people to their plans and such. and they both have somewhat of a god complex, this is only applied to lelouch because of the OotBK, if he didn't have them. He would just be a figure or a symbol of oppression nothing more. comparing this with light alone is enough to pull a certain distance of them being similar. Light has the whole world worshipping him, or at least those who wants revenge on the criminals. The whole world, seems to take light as a "god" who punishes criminals. whereas lelouch/zero is just a symbol of oppression (assuming that he doesn't have the OotBK.)

however, they both have some similar traits. the fact that both are willing to sacrifice for the things that they want/need and both are ruthless to their opponents proves alot.

but the differences are able to seperate lelouch and light clearly enough that the similarities doesn't count at all. thats my opinion.
__________________
My Comp is busted. therefore, i will online less in the forum. sorry guys =\
Ice_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 08:53   Link #979
iBeast
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Remember, Light did not kill his sister....and Light also used Mikami the same was as Lulu is using Rolo right now....except their methods are very different due to the circumstances.

Maybe CC will be the one that kills Lulu in the end much like how Ryuk had to in DN.

Ok, lets assume they aren't similar, but you can't tell me Lulu does not remind you of Light.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 09:22   Link #980
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Enough with these DN comparisons. They are different shows with different characters and Lelouch does not remind me of Light and never did. And Lelouch was said to win in the end and get a satisfactory ending so C.C. won't be killing him.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.