AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-23, 20:09   Link #7141
jjblue1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverkun View Post
It's just a minor issue, but I thought I might report this.

Spoiler for EP5:
There's a similar problem when you try to look at the stakes in their maid clothes (EP7 tips).
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 23:30   Link #7142
chronotrig
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Buffer overflow
@Kylon99:

We will indeed be doing a full translation of "Our Confessions", but we're still figuring out the details of how that'll work.

As for the rest of the Extra Tips, we will get to them if we have time, but it doesn't seem likely in the near future.
__________________
"The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter 'q' into a privet bush. But, unfortunately, there are times when it is unavoidable."
--Hitchhikers


www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 15:38   Link #7143
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: England
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
@Kylon99:

We will indeed be doing a full translation of "Our Confessions", but we're still figuring out the details of how that'll work.

As for the rest of the Extra Tips, we will get to them if we have time, but it doesn't seem likely in the near future.
Ah, that's cool. There's no need to rush, really. I'm sure people won't mind waiting for the extra content.
__________________
Yirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 03:43   Link #7144
legomaple
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
Ah, that's cool. There's no need to rush, really. I'm sure people won't mind waiting for the extra content.
Agreed! Better yet, take a break after Chiru. Do completly nothing, then a month later or so, do whatever you want to translate. I only care about Episode 8 right now, just patiently waiting.
legomaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 11:19   Link #7145
Solachinx
is a myth
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FL
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Solachinx
Quote:
Originally Posted by legomaple View Post
Agreed! Better yet, take a break after Chiru. Do completly nothing, then a month later or so, do whatever you want to translate. I only care about Episode 8 right now, just patiently waiting.
This. You guys deserve it
__________________
Trambampoline!
Solachinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 20:46   Link #7146
UnknownBeast
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Since Tsubasa was released at the same time with EP8, I'd at least like a translation for the "Postscript" is in Umineko Tsubasa. <_>
UnknownBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 21:51   Link #7147
Witch of Uncertainty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Oh my god. It's 75% completed. I'm sorry, but I've waited a YEAR for this (Please don't misunderstand).
I'm feeling the hype build up (again!) Can't wait!
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 10:16   Link #7148
Misuzu
Dribble.....SHOOTOH!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
Ah, that's cool. There's no need to rush, really. I'm sure people won't mind waiting for the extra content.
It'll be nice knowing we have something to look forward to sometime in the future. It'll make parting with Umineko a little bit easier! Though avoiding these forums for fear of spoilers helps with that too, I'm going to have so many posts to read.
Misuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 03:22   Link #7149
st_nick5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Is this "booklet" thing on sale now? Where can I get it? And will it be one of these limited time only things where they only make a certain number of copies?
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 13:25   Link #7150
RedKey
天界の異端審問官
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_nick5 View Post
Is this "booklet" thing on sale now? Where can I get it? And will it be one of these limited time only things where they only make a certain number of copies?
I'll redirect your attention to the Merchandise thread.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...08#post3871508
__________________
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 16:37   Link #7151
st_nick5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
I'll redirect your attention to the Merchandise thread.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...08#post3871508
Ooh, I didn't see that. So this:

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=engli...e_display.html

comes with:

Higanbana 2nd night (contains 1st night as well?)
ougon musou kyoku CROSS (Hadn't heard of this before, an expansion for the first one?)
Umineko Hane (Not heard of this either.)
Wareraga Kokuhaku booklet (which I assume is the booklet that was being discussed earlier.)

I'm not entirely up-to-date on 07th Expansion news, as I'm trying to avoid all spoilers for Episode 8. Been waiting until the translation is completely finished before starting it. Could you fill me in without spoiling anything? Thanks

edit - Just pre-ordered my copy. Does it come with the first volume of Higanbana as well? Like how Umineko Episode 4 contained episodes 1, 2 and 3 as well?
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 16:49   Link #7152
RedKey
天界の異端審問官
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_nick5 View Post
Higanbana 2nd night (contains 1st night as well?)
ougon musou kyoku CROSS (Hadn't heard of this before, an expansion for the first one?)
Umineko Hane (Not heard of this either.)
Wareraga Kokuhaku booklet (which I assume is the booklet that was being discussed earlier.)
Higanbana 2nd night - does not contain 1st.
MusouKyoku Cross - indeed an expansion to the first game.
Umineko Hane - similar to Tsubasa, it's a collection of old and new TIPS.
Warera no Kokuhaku - the booklet wich supposedly contains the answers and solutions to the tricks in Umineko.
__________________
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 17:07   Link #7153
st_nick5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Higanbana 2nd night - does not contain 1st.
MusouKyoku Cross - indeed an expansion to the first game.
Umineko Hane - similar to Tsubasa, it's a collection of old and new TIPS.
Warera no Kokuhaku - the booklet wich supposedly contains the answers and solutions to the tricks in Umineko.
Excellent. Thanks for explaining that, I'll order the first copy of the game as well. Spending 135 on amiami just on umineko/higanbana stuff in December One more question, sorry if it's been asked loads of times already, but are there any plans by Witch-Hunt or any other group to translate Higanbana as well?
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 17:16   Link #7154
Orophin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_nick5 View Post
One more question, sorry if it's been asked loads of times already, but are there any plans by Witch-Hunt or any other group to translate Higanbana as well?
There's already a group working on it: http://ronove.blogspot.com/
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 17:20   Link #7155
st_nick5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
There's already a group working on it: http://ronove.blogspot.com/
Excellent. Thanks for your help guys!
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 04:54   Link #7156
legomaple
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Higanbana 2nd night - does not contain 1st.
Is this true? I would like a conformation for this before I order anything!
legomaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 05:29   Link #7157
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
I apologise if this question has already been asked, but is there a way to access the patch's text to the games in a way which allows copy and pasting? I'm going through theories about the games and would like to be able to copy important lines from them for my notes without having to write them out the slow way. I've been typing them out, but it's been taking a long time and it's getting to be a drag, so I thought it was worth asking about a way to copypaste just in case it's possible.

I'm sure that the Witch Hunt doesn't provide things like direct downloads of the script, for obvious reasons, but is there a way anyone knows of to get to a copy-pasteable version of it through the patch files themselves?
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 05:58   Link #7158
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
I'm not aware of one. You'll probably just have to transcribe by hand.
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 06:01   Link #7159
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Thanks for the info. I didn't want to spend the time transcribing only to find out "Wait, there was an easier way?!" when I'd finished.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 06:22   Link #7160
Message
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Umineko runs on *NScripter. Simply decrypt nscript.dat to get the plaintext script.
Message is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
translation

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.