AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-04-12, 19:29   Link #1
Tri-ring
The Censor Bat

Manga having influence on connoisseur society?

I have followed the manga "The drops of the Gods" enjoying the colorful words in discribing wine thinking this is the type of manga that will not find it's way out of Japan for it's higly niche theme.
I guess I was wrong, I just found this article in the Japan Times highlighting the manga being accepted in Asia having influence on the prices of wine introduced within the manga.

Quote:
A manga drunk on French wine
Siblings Yuko and Shin Kibayashi move the market with a fluid pen

Hearing a 2001 Mont-Perat described as "just like a rock concert by Queen" is enough to make any self-respecting Frenchman expel a snort of derision from his finely-tuned nostrils.

But the enormous impact the wine manga "Kami no Shizuku (The Drops of the Gods)" has had on wine sales across Asia cannot be shrugged off with a boff of Gallic unconcern. Just two days after the issue with that particular comment came out, a Taiwanese importer sold 50 cases of Mont-Perat.
For full article, click here.

Now the manga is trying to make an entry to the Mecca of wine, France.
I wonder how well it will be accepted?
If people like this type of manga, there are many other like "Natsuko no Sake" introducing Japanese sake and how it is produced.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote