AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-04-15, 16:12   Link #1
rassmguy

Looking for information on Planet of the Apes manga

Hi, everyone,

My name is Rich Handley and I'm publishing a book about the Planet of the Apes mythos. I'm admittedly not an avid manga reader, though I do have a few volumes in my collection that I've enjoyed. As such, I'm not very conversant in manga history, which has caused me a dilemma. The Wikipedia entry for Planet of the Apes has this passage:

There are two manga adaptations of the first film in Japan, both called Saru no Wakusei ("Planet of Monkeys"). The first was written and drawn by Jji Enami and published in the manga Bessatsu Bken' in the late 1960s. The second was drawn by Minoru Kuroda and published in the Manga Tengoku Zkan in the 1970s.

Now, until seeing that, I was under the impression I had a complete collection of all published (as well as several unpublished) Apes stories to date. You can imagine my frustration, then, upon discovering there were two Apes mangas published years ago--AFTER turning my manuscript in to my editor. Now I'm scrambling to locate these two elusive manga books. Unfortunately, I've been unable to find any other information about them whatsoever.

As such, I was hoping someone here might be able to help me. If anyone would be able to provide me some background on either or both of these manga adaptations (or, better yet, info on how I can track down copies), I'd be extremely grateful. Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Rich Handley
Timeline of the Planet of the Apes: The Definitive Chronology

Last edited by Solace; 2009-10-31 at 03:46.
rassmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 16:32   Link #2
rassmguy

By the way, I just wanted to assure the forum moderators that I did not start this topic to advertise my book. I'm genuinely looking for information about these two manga books and would be extremely grateful to anyone who might be able to assist me.
Old 2009-10-31, 01:14   Link #3
rassmguy

Looking for two old mangas

Greetings, folks! I'm trying desperately to locate two old mangas, as research for an upcoming book I'm writing, and I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me.

If anyone has an idea where I might find them, I'd be extremely grateful if they'd please contact me at info@hassleinbooks.com. Since I don't speak or read Japanese, I'm finding it very difficult to conduct any useful searches online. Thanks very much in advance for your assistance!

TITLE: Bouken Ou Bessatsu
AUTHOR: Jji Enami
PUBLISHED: April 1968
COVER: http://www.hassleinbooks.com/images/manga_boken.jpg

TITLE: Tengoku Zkan
AUTHOR: Minoru Kuroda
PUBLISHED: June 1971
COVER: http://www.hassleinbooks.com/images/manga_tengoku.jpg

Sincerely,
Rich Handley, Author
Timeline of the Planet of the Apes

Last edited by Solace; 2009-10-31 at 03:44.
Old 2009-11-25, 21:15   Link #4
rassmguy

Need Translator

Hi, folks,

I've managed to find the Planet of the Apes manga I've been looking for, but there's a problem...I don't speak Japanese.

Is there anyone here willing to translate if I provide scans? I'll gladly acknowledge any assistance in any upcoming book. Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Rich Handley
handleyr@optonline.net