AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-02-02, 20:58   Link #1
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
Lightbulb Naruto RPG (DnD style)

Ive bin thinking about making a naruto class for DnD to play wit my friends and i would also like to try to make a naruto campain setting but it would be really hard......anyways, I was just wondering what chu guys thought about this and if you had any Ideas.
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 21:56   Link #2
Milliniar
otaku

well consider clases gone......you'd have to think of a good way to do the chakra.....you'd have to modify the monk class from 3e but it'd could be done

FFXI Midgardsormr bastokan hume lvl62rng/42war/37nin/30mnk/10pld/7sam/4drg rank 6
Milliniar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 23:57   Link #3
UzumakiKitsu
Foxy Ninja

If you're going to work heavily with chakra and jutsus (which you're going to if you want a Naruto campaign), it would probably be worth your time to either:

a) Make a ninja prestige class that fits your needs without being over-powered, probably something that would begin after a few levels of monk, or
b) Make your own system, as it might actually be easier to complete then. The hardest part would be to work out the fairness between ninja classes.

I've actually considered b, but it would be quite an undertaking if you did it how I wanted to (ie: create different classes of ninja, just like how Lee is a different "kind" of ninja from Naruto or Sasuke)... but there might actually be support for a ninja oriented system IF it was done well enough...
UzumakiKitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 00:14   Link #4
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
yeah thats kinda how i wanna try and do it with the differnt classes of ninjas.
and i was gonna try and do the jutsus kinda like spells in DnD exept insead of having a certian number of spells per day you have a certian amount of chakra that each jutsu takes up and you can increase your chakra by training(tree climbing, water walking).
as far as classes i was thinking a few might be like, taijutsu ninja, summoner ninja, illussion ninja, anbu ninja, and some sort of well rounded ninja class(need good sounding name).
and as you level up you have to take test to recieve new ninja ranks. I was thinking about having the test just be that you have to be a ninja of the lvl that your trying to obtain in a 1 on 1 fight becuase it would be kinda hard to do the chunin type test.

well if i ever get done with this and people sound interested ill post it up on this board.
Old 2004-02-03, 17:32   Link #5
A Lamer
あほぉ&

I had some brain storms about how you could execute it, but I tend to change subjects and then go back to them alot, it would seem more incoherent in a post, My point being, if you want we can talk about it over aim or something, at the time of posting I tried messaging you, but you're not online.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 18:10   Link #6
Lunchboxx

My AIM SN is Lunchboxx496. Im almost always online so yeah if you have any sugjestions it be great.
Old 2004-02-03, 20:46   Link #7
<^UmAyR^>
Naruto Sensei

Hmm...sounds like a good idea, how about for classes, u have the different clans like Hyuga, Uciha, and stuff like that
<^UmAyR^> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 23:10   Link #8
Lunchboxx

I was thinking for differernt classes there would be different types of ninjas but i do wanna find some way to add the advance bloodlines/clans into it, I was thinking that i could people in the group role to see who gets to choose a clan limiting it to only like 1 or 2 people per group depending on how many people.
Old 2004-02-03, 23:37   Link #9
Xyque
Shake Stuff Up

Send a message via AIM to Xyque
I've found the Exalted setting is much easier to adapt to the Naruto setting, just treat charms like Jutsu's and it almost sets itself up as if it were made just for Naruto
Xyque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 00:39   Link #10
Lunchboxx

yeah i think ive seen Exalted at the store before, ill check it out....thanx
Old 2004-02-04, 04:02   Link #11
Hanabishi_Recca
Parrothead

rpg

The sheer thought of calculating Kage Bunshin. Let alone 1,000 kage bunshin makes my head hurt. I have actually made Naruto characters but I used the Blood of Heroes game. (formerly known as DC Heroes) You can make powers fatiguing to simulate chakra use. And with the ability to push stats with Hero points (xp) it also completes circle of chakra usage.
Hanabishi_Recca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 11:24   Link #12
SurfD

Send a message via ICQ to SurfD Send a message via MSN to SurfD
Actually, if you dont mind the rules being a slight bit more complicated than standard D20 dungeons and dragons, you could check out Ninjas & Super Spys by Palladium books.

- Point based spell system and Chi system, which would likely convert realy easily to a Naruto like Chakara system.
- More Martial arts than you can shake a stick at.

Perhaps throw in Palladium's Mystic China source book for extra material, and maybe their Heroes Unlimited 2nd Edition (thats going out on a limb, but heroes is great for making people with bizzare superpowers (stuff like Radar sense, perfect for Neiji types)) and you could get some really kickass naruto style characters going.

The only downside is that their rules system is a tad more complicated than D20 games, making it a turn off for a lot of people.
SurfD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 05:45   Link #13
Penguin Knight

Lightbulb Naruto d20 RPG

I've been in thr process of creating a Naruto campaign setting for a little while now. I have a few base classes created so you can customize your ninja and am making prestige classes and epic classes for more advanced characters.

About the bloodline, I feel that it should be a template, a template working like an add-on race, on your character during creation. So for the Uchiha blooline, you could have it so that you need to make a "spellcraft" check in order to understand the jutsu, but having this ability adds a +x to the characters level. (level adj.)

Anyway, I have a ton of ideas and a lot of things working quite well for it, but I still could use some help on a lot of things. (such as coming up with specifics for all of the jutsu) So, if you're interested in seeing what I've got and maybe wanting to help me, send me an e-mail to anarchy_penguin@pol.com.

-~ Ciao.

Anarchy Penguin the Penguin Knight (PK)
Penguin Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 06:45   Link #14
Copy Ninja
red eye from smokin'

the ninjas in naruto can easily be done by having a thief/mage dual class character
thats the easiest place to start and only slight modifications are needed.
(from spell points to chakra points...)
Old 2004-04-04, 14:12   Link #15
naantje
Annoyance :)

Weep Weep Geek-o-meter Overload Weep Weep
naantje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 15:19   Link #16
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copy Ninja
the ninjas in naruto can easily be done by having a thief/mage dual class character
thats the easiest place to start and only slight modifications are needed.
(from spell points to chakra points...)
The complication: Bloodlines
Old 2004-04-04, 18:05   Link #17
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Actually if you play Shadowrun its insanely easy to throw in a Naruto type archtype using the Adept powers as the pallette, and its really balanced. We did it, and we had a blast.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 13:03   Link #18
dustyX
Naruto Otaku

Send a message via ICQ to dustyX Send a message via AIM to dustyX
Talking

I created a Naruto D20 system. I'm now preparing to run my second game with the system after refining the original system. The idea I used for classes was to create a priority system based on 8 categories with which you have 16 points to put in to them or they all start at 2 on the priority list which include Chakra, HP, BAB, Defense, Saves, Skills, Feats, Techniques.

~dX
dustyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 13:59   Link #19
tektonik
I can see that speed

Use VP/WP system from SWRPG D20. That would work very well for naruto.
tektonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 19:24   Link #20
Kazukijen
Dedicated Follower

God...I haven't played a DnD game in ages.
I' d be more inclined to get a hold of a GBA homebrew kit and create a Naruto RPG that way. That way EVERYONE on here can have it.
Alas I have never tried to make a GBA game so if anyone has experience then you should give it a try.
Kazukijen is offline   Reply With Quote