AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2008-04-19, 01:00   Link #41
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
I'm not sure it's a very safe parallel, seeker.

Although that definitely is one of the reasons I can't picture Naruto as Hokage. He's simply not mature enough yet. It's all well and good to have a nuclear bomb for a weapon, but it's what you do with it, right?

With great power comes great responsibility.

Oops, wrong show.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 02:56   Link #42
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

A good episode finally.

I've always enjoyed the episodes where explanations are made about how jutsu or chakra are used.

Some new & old music mixed together.

The best part is no staring contest and good pacing makes it a very watchable episode. Only features 3 characters too.

Vision55: I have PM'd you.

Last edited by Kenu; 2008-04-19 at 04:19. Reason: PM
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 03:45   Link #43
vision55

sorry for off topicness....but I have to ask:

Kenu in your avatar what dance is that and where did it come from. I have been seeing it all over the place.
vision55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 06:06   Link #44
Tsubaki23
Glomp no Jutsu master

Send a message via AIM to Tsubaki23
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision55 View Post
sorry for off topicness....but I have to ask:

Kenu in your avatar what dance is that and where did it come from. I have been seeing it all over the place.
The dance originally came from Popotan. Then someone took it, and looped it with the song Carmelldansen.

Then everyone started making parodies of it with every anime series they could think of XD
Tsubaki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 12:59   Link #45
vision55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki23 View Post
The dance originally came from Popotan. Then someone took it, and looped it with the song Carmelldansen.

Then everyone started making parodies of it with every anime series they could think of XD
thanks for the info =)

Edit: I got you message thanks Kenu

Last edited by vision55; 2008-04-19 at 13:36.
vision55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 14:34   Link #46
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

mmm so naruto is going in filler mode too? ... just when things started to get interesting with naru's training.

Gotta say, this episode made naru look like a retard, seriously.... not joking, I mean those comments from Kakashi and how slow he was explaining things to naru was just painful to watch.....
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 16:58   Link #47
Guido

A good episode informing about the five elemental types of natures in chakra.

Naruto was still the average blockhead, but he's warming up to the training with excitement.

Spoiler:

It's a good thing as well that they started with Naruto's training right away, and they'll skim through it in the upcoming filler arc next week.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 01:41   Link #48
Lunarskylar

well naruto's not that stupid
its jsut kishi needed to explain the whole chakra element system to us somehow
like how realistic would it be for kakashi to enter and go,

hey yamato, do YOUU remember teh element system
no i dunt kaka-sempai, burt we aren't doign anything important, so please remind me

that advantages to having adumbass protagonist

@widescreen comment omg does that mean no more flashback wars? HURRAH
makes me wonder how they'll do the flaskbacks for part 1 scenes
Old 2008-04-20, 02:07   Link #49
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Naruto will probably figure out his second element and be able to fuse them together like Yamamoto and create an entirely new element that no one else is capable of doing.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 03:50   Link #50
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

People keep metioning filler, but I liked this episode. Naruto calling Sakura "ugly whore" was truly priceless. Anyway, a good episode. It's nice to see yet another manga chapter nicely animated. 8/10
Old 2008-04-20, 03:53   Link #51
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

jesus I wanted to punch Naruto so badly...I think he showed some epic stupidity, more so than usual.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 12:43   Link #52
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Cant see why they need filler unless to make filler with good pacing to it. The anime is in no danger of catching up to the manga at its current pace. :P

*stopped watching the anime quite a while ago*
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 12:49   Link #53
Ibuki

Kakashi said something along the lines that combining 2 elements, one could create a new element and that would be known as a bloodline limit, therefore he was unable to copy Haku's "ice" technique...

But I remember in movie 1: team kakashi's 1st encounter with the ice ninjas, kakashi copied a hyoton (ice) technique...some big whale thing. Is this inconsistency or did i not correctly understand what he was saying?
Ibuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 13:55   Link #54
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
its a movie, no relavence to the actual story, and I doubt the author had anything to do with the script.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 13:59   Link #55
Blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
jesus I wanted to punch Naruto so badly...I think he showed some epic stupidity, more so than usual.
I think everyone wants to punch Naruto for been so dumb.
Old 2008-04-20, 14:07   Link #56
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
Cant see why they need filler unless to make filler with good pacing to it. The anime is in no danger of catching up to the manga at its current pace. :P

*stopped watching the anime quite a while ago*
didn't you get the memo? two seasons worth of episodes is too close to catching up!
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 14:13   Link #57
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

well guess you weren't wrong, this one was ok... i liked to see more of Kakashi...
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 17:10   Link #58
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I'd watch a 100 straight episodes of stuff like this over the regular episodes...I actually felt like I was watching Naruto Part 1 during this episode...Interesting explanations of powers, training that actually felt like something was being achieved, and good light-hearted comedy throughout (I LOL'd hard when Kakashi's voice got high pitched when he wondered how in God's name Jaraiya could have taught an eternal idiot like Naruto Rasengan...) This was almost like a Hunter x Hunter kind of episode with Kakashi's elemental nature powers discussion and the nuance behind how the powers worked together...The characters in the opening look good (If not the actual animation of the characters), and it seems as if even the pace will hasten by next week's episode...Now in no way does this save the horror this show has displayed, but man I can't remember the last time I actually finished an episode satisfied by what I saw...So I say the hell with Sasuke, Itachi, Oro, and everything else in $hittypudden..Keep the fillers coming cause they're actually not worth burning...
Old 2008-04-20, 17:48   Link #59
itachi29al

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I'd watch a 100 straight episodes of stuff like this over the regular episodes...I actually felt like I was watching Naruto Part 1 during this episode...Interesting explanations of powers, training that actually felt like something was being achieved, and good light-hearted comedy throughout (I LOL'd hard when Kakashi's voice got high pitched when he wondered how in God's name Jaraiya could have taught an eternal idiot like Naruto Rasengan...) This was almost like a Hunter x Hunter kind of episode with Kakashi's elemental nature powers discussion and the nuance behind how the powers worked together...The characters in the opening look good (If not the actual animation of the characters), and it seems as if even the pace will hasten by next week's episode...Now in no way does this save the horror this show has displayed, but man I can't remember the last time I actually finished an episode satisfied by what I saw...So I say the hell with Sasuke, Itachi, Oro, and everything else in $hittypudden..Keep the fillers coming cause they're actually not worth burning...
This episode wasnt filler.
Old 2008-04-20, 18:29   Link #60
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
This episode wasnt filler.
It sure in the heck didn't feel like a normal $hitpudden episode (Kakashi didn't take the entire ep to just explain one thing while Naruto has flashbacks of Team 7's good ol' days)...And the next ep seems to be filler so maybe they made this ep with different intentions...Although any ep that doesn't suck snake venom is a good change of pace...