AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2008-04-20, 23:53   Link #61
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

ok I now understand that by combining two elements you can form a bloodline limit, I also got why combining water and earth would get you wood element and why combining water and wind would get you ice...

We learned that Sasuke has the lightning and fire element, how the hell does combining lightning and fire get you a sharingan?
Old 2008-04-20, 23:59   Link #62
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
lol, eye stuff has nothing to do with elements. And sasuke hasn't been shown to be able to combine his elements yet either.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 01:32   Link #63
ZuttoZero
Fragment of a dream

I wonder if anyone else out there had the same thought as I did when trying to think of what Kakashi's "special training" for Naruto would entail. In the previous episode when Kakashi said that he could do the training in "No time at all", I thought for sure that he came up with a way to train Naruto via a form of Mangekyou Sharingan. From what Itachi put Kakashi through after using Mangekyou Sharingan on him, and seeing as how it could be mere minutes in the real world world while it could be months in the Sharingan's world, something like training another person through this seemed entirely possible.

Well, I guess the shadow clone method works too

P.S. Hooray for yet another parallel between Hunter X Hunter and Naruto, a simple test to find their natural affinities.

P.P.S. First post, so... hi there :x
ZuttoZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 02:37   Link #64
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Read the manga and you'll find out what happens. And hello, just be aware a lot of people here are actually manga readers too, so you might get spoiled unintentionally if you're not careful.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 03:38   Link #65
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
It seems that the capacity to merge two elements together is called a Bloodline Limit.

The fact that the merger of two elements together is called a Bloodline Limit doesn't mean that all Bloodline limits imply the capacity to merge two elements together.

If you see a white swan, will you then imply all swans are white? (And just in case someone actually asks about this, no, not all swans are white -.-)

Meaning that up to date, there's several type of bloodline limits:

+Eyes (Sharingan, Byakugan)
+Body (Shikotsumyaku ~Kimimaro, Souma no Kou ~Sakon)
+Elements (Hyouton ~Ice (Wind/Water), Mokuton ~Wood (Earth/Water))

Note that Bloodline limits -are not- based on clans. They appear to be a chance genetic modification that happen in individuals. If that gene becomes recurring, it can sometimes lead to a clan that possesses the ability.

As shown with Mokuton, Bloodline limits can appear in individuals such as the First Hokage, and never recur among his descendants (Tsunade is unable to use Mokuton.) For Hyouton, it seems Haku's mother's clan was wiped out, and again it was a chance factor that the bloodline did appear in the boy. (As shown by his mother's surprise)

Body bloodlines such as Sakon's and Kimimaro's seem to be pretty unique, and even for the Kaguya clan, the bloodline appeared to be a particularly rare phenomenon (Since Kimi was pretty much locked up in a cave only to get out to be used as a weapon).

Now this could potentially be only coincidence, but it seems that Eye bloodlines are carved in the genetic pattern more firmly than element or body bloodlines. Both Byakugan and Sharingan might be dominant genes, and would explain how Sasuke would potentially "rebuild" his clan.

Just thought that was interesting
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 09:23   Link #66
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutowithSharingan View Post
WTF does Naruto really say "Ugly whore" at Sakura? he never did in Manga
Haha yeah i just saw the episode...it's a filler ofcourse but...i cant believe they actually made Naruto say that to Sakura.
But i would think that Sakura would destroy Naruto for saying that...be she only got mad....sounds fishy eh?
Old 2008-04-21, 10:39   Link #67
Blaine

I think the anime should have done the Kakashi Gaiden instead of creating their own filler arc, alot of people are waiting to see that.
Old 2008-04-21, 23:42   Link #68
Mists

Huh wtf? Filler? As if filler-speed wasn't need now they add extra fillers!? The anime is still so far behind......WTF!

Or do you guys think this is where the anime team differs from the manga like Kenshin did...

Agh I don't understand this. There is so much more after this....New beginning was good though, but how many NaruXSasu symbolism there has to be? I'm sick of it...every single new beginning, every freakin new beginning!!
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 00:31   Link #69
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Dot, dot, dot...

Good things: Bloodline limits explained.

Bad things: I got what Kakashi was trying to say maybe 5 minutes into the episode, yet Studio Perriot made Naruto so retarded just to stretch out the episode.

Overall: I enjoyed this episode more than many of the others, since that waterfall thing was pretty cool and the trees coming out of the rocks were well animated too. Even though the concept is easy to get, at least there weren't any flashbacks. While painful to watch, the little cut on the leaf at the end of the episode is what really made this episode above average, because it means something did happen after all.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 04:15   Link #70
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Dot, dot, dot...

Good things: Bloodline limits explained.

Bad things: I got what Kakashi was trying to say maybe 5 minutes into the episode, yet Studio Perriot made Naruto so retarded just to stretch out the episode.

Overall: I enjoyed this episode more than many of the others, since that waterfall thing was pretty cool and the trees coming out of the rocks were well animated too. Even though the concept is easy to get, at least there weren't any flashbacks. While painful to watch, the little cut on the leaf at the end of the episode is what really made this episode above average, because it means something did happen after all.
To be fair to Studio Perriot, the manga explained things in a very similar way. I don't think it was filled out much if at all.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 04:20   Link #71
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I agree. There wasn't that much filler. Maybe a few minutes. And for the record, naruto's "ugly whore" comment was hilarious. I re-read the manga, and the explananation of the lements and kekkei genkai is the same, more or less. People are just unsatisfied with the pacing, because they're picky as hell. In the manga, you can skip thru stuff if it gets boring, whereas in a show its more distracting to do so. That's all there is to it.
Old 2008-04-22, 05:23   Link #72
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
The only thing that studio pierrot added to the training was the bet over the rock, paper and scissors match. Everything else was in the manga.

Also, looks like naruto didn't actually call sakura a "whore", that was how they chose to translate it.
neshru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 07:34   Link #73
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Also, looks like naruto didn't actually call sakura a "whore", that was how they chose to translate it.
That's why snip is clearly the best fansubbing group out there.

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-04-22 at 18:22.
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 07:53   Link #74
neshru

you know, you shouldn't name fansubbers here. Moderators make a big deal out of it.
neshru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 09:53   Link #75
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

i think that the anime is moving at a good pace. it feels like about 1.2/1.5 chapter per ep and lower sometimes. so it is a good pace. only thing is that shippuden is not moving at the same pace as normal naruto. also at the start of naruto it was all action and shippuden has spred it out and has much better quality in animnation.

p.s. mentioning fansubbers is a big No NO.

Last edited by kayote; 2008-04-22 at 09:54. Reason: addition
kayote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 12:28   Link #76
Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
i think that the anime is moving at a good pace. it feels like about 1.2/1.5 chapter per ep and lower sometimes. so it is a good pace. only thing is that shippuden is not moving at the same pace as normal naruto. also at the start of naruto it was all action and shippuden has spred it out and has much better quality in animnation.

p.s. mentioning fansubbers is a big No NO.
And pretty soon (probably next episode) 0.01 chapters per ep. I don't understand where this filler is going...I'll only forgive them if this is an excuse to introduce the Kakashi gaiden or if it indeeds gives more insight and characterization to the other characters of Naruto instead having Naruto being stupid and everyone else a shell/mockery of themselves which has happened with 99.9% of the fillers.

I truly don't understand why the team is doing this....hopefully it's not just a filler of pointless action.
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 16:12   Link #77
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

this is pritty much all in the manga. he has to go through all this. did you see what happend to him against Sasuke.

dont, worry action is on it's way.
Old 2008-04-22, 17:07   Link #78
Davitz
Stupid Monkeys!

Send a message via MSN to Davitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
ok I now understand that by combining two elements you can form a bloodline limit, I also got why combining water and earth would get you wood element and why combining water and wind would get you ice...

We learned that Sasuke has the lightning and fire element, how the hell does combining lightning and fire get you a sharingan?
it doesnt its a kekkei genki not a bloodline limit

Manga - 666satan, Naruto, bleach, gantz, onepiece, aflame inferno, crimson sword.
Davitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 17:40   Link #79
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davitz View Post
it doesnt its a kekkei genki not a bloodline limit
Kekkei Genkia is a Bloodline limit. The former is the japanese translation of the latter.
Old 2008-04-22, 18:32   Link #80
Davitz
Stupid Monkeys!

Send a message via MSN to Davitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
Kekkei Genkia is a Bloodline limit. The former is the japanese translation of the latter.
i heard somewhere that they are 2 different things

Manga - 666satan, Naruto, bleach, gantz, onepiece, aflame inferno, crimson sword.
Davitz is offline   Reply With Quote