AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 35 28.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 34.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 26.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 8.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.64%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-17, 19:48   Link #41
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

This episode solidified my liking of this show. I liked it maybe even better than the first two, because it had more character interaction, or at least I felt more about their feelings and relationships.

Ranka is a vibrant character, and I loved Nakajima Megumi's singing. Her acting voice works for me, too, although there are moments of newbie flatness that trip up even me. Those are outnumbered by the moments of emotional contact, however.

I think Endou Aya is doing a fantastic job with Sheryl. Nakamura Yuuichi is also a very good lead, in my opinion. I thought the scene between Sugita Tomokazu (Leon) and Kobayashi Sanae (Kathy) was effective, too.

I could cavil about some of the animation in the OP, or about more coincidences (okay, I know, it's Destiny), but all in all a very good episode.

One thing: I was surprised to see the old-fashioned buildings, copied from Earth cities. It looked like New York with at least one San Francisco building. Did they build that way to make people feel at home?
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Amagi Brilliant Park | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete
Old 2008-04-17, 19:56   Link #42
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think Endou Aya is doing a fantastic job with Sheryl.
Yeah she is, the people who don't like her seem to dislike her so she's playing her role well up to this point.
Old 2008-04-17, 20:06   Link #43
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

I love these Bums
Spoiler for bums:
Old 2008-04-17, 20:50   Link #44
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Wrong portion of anatomy, dude. Them's boobies, not bums.
Old 2008-04-17, 20:58   Link #45
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Ah, Macross. I can always rely on you to provide such great memories [or mammaries ]. Now with added wardrobe malfunction [Sheryl should fire her designer].

Ozma has grand death flag written all over him At least he's tough enough to survive them for now Now, who has money on the guy kissing the hot lt., telling her he'll retire to a farm and then fly off into the sunset?
Old 2008-04-17, 21:01   Link #46
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
Wrong portion of anatomy, dude. Them's boobies, not bums.
i spelled wrong, should be buns
Old 2008-04-17, 21:04   Link #47
Guppy

Hmm, looks like we'll be seeing those Queadluun-Raus next episode. Wonder if they're real enemies, or just acting as an Aggressor unit in SMS's training program?
Old 2008-04-17, 23:17   Link #48
ruurguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Hmm, looks like we'll be seeing those Queadluun-Raus next episode. Wonder if they're real enemies, or just acting as an Aggressor unit in SMS's training program?
Could be a lot of things, maybe just some pesky rogues or part of the training program, *or* they might be part of the festivities of the Miss Macross Contest? I would really doubt at this point any Zentradi would be the main enemy anymore. Pretty sure that will be the Vajra still. One of the suits is a distinctly red suit, so maybe it is some sort of re-enactment of Max/Millia?
Old 2008-04-18, 01:28   Link #49
Opulen
Macross Junior Pilot

Send a message via Yahoo to Opulen
Episode 3 already? where??
Old 2008-04-18, 04:53   Link #50
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
If I was putting money on it I would go with training.
Old 2008-04-18, 07:24   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opulen View Post
Episode 3 already? where??
It aired yesterday.
Old 2008-04-18, 08:36   Link #52
Calder
Innocent Bystander

Quote:
One thing: I was surprised to see the old-fashioned buildings, copied from Earth cities. It looked like New York with at least one San Francisco building. Did they build that way to make people feel at home?
Speaking of which, the place Ranka and Alto met is probably a replica of Griffith Observatory.

It's a nice touch I think.

As for the episode, the last quarter gave me Macross Plus vibes.
Old 2008-04-18, 09:28   Link #53
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Red is going to be introduced next episode? Awesome.

Wonder how far Blue and Red will go this time?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-04-18, 09:59   Link #54
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Two thoughts:

-I find it weird that the shelter doesn't appear to have oxygen tanks of it's own.

-At the end at the funeral it appears that they quite possibly liquefy the dead and recycle it some how. Given that it's a closed biosphere it's no too surprising.
Old 2008-04-18, 10:31   Link #55
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for ep3:
Old 2008-04-18, 12:31   Link #56
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
Spoiler for ep3:
Yeah his name is Leon.
Old 2008-04-18, 12:55   Link #57
deffusse
otaku[SK]

Leon is
Spoiler for ep3:
Old 2008-04-18, 13:38   Link #58
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
Spoiler for ep3:
Question mark here.

I wonder what is your logic. If someone surprise upon noticing a girl is so capable getting herself involved Vajra's attacks (thrice already) is a bad guy, I wonder if any good guy out there.

Btw, I just remember Ozma is surprised seeing Ranka is ep2, he must not be a good guy either. Anyone ready for CathyXOzma can give up now, bad guy can't get Cathy.
Old 2008-04-18, 14:22   Link #59
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Alto's a lucky bastard in this episode i r envious.

Quote:
Since the colony ship are meant for long journeys, i m sure it's built more for comfort than mere transportation. Plenty of wide open space in it with all the normal facilities/amenities (even a graveyard). Wouldnt be surprised if people were born and died in them.
Old 2008-04-18, 15:45   Link #60
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Technically, al the original buildings were destroyed in the first war, and the colony fleet can xplore the space for a span of 50 years
Closed Thread