AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 35 28.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 34.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 26.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 8.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.64%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-22, 03:35   Link #161
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

To be fair the one that Ozma stabbed did have to take quite a bit of punishment beforehand.

Maybe it was already pretty weakened from all the gunpod and missile fire.
Old 2008-04-22, 04:44   Link #162
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
hmmmm.....maybe it's animu spirita?

after all, the first red bug was paralysed/distracted by the OVERFLOWING sound energy, before it was stabbed to death.

maybe it was having an orgasmic experience then died, unable to switch on emergency systems?

while the other one was pumped full of fighting adrenaline-like chemical so that when it had it's head blown away, it was preparing it's secondary systems to take over for the brief few minutes/hours for it to fight back and escape for medical treatment?

bit like humans, stab someone after sex, and they pretty much die fast.

stab them after a vicious fight, they react faster and don't feel the pain until afterwards.
Old 2008-04-22, 04:45   Link #163
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33 View Post
my therapist said I need to express positive emotions so here I am.

well now this was entertainment!

Pros

1. character development something rare in anime nowadays. we see new stuff about alot of character
which works well with
2. character balance each character gets some screen time so we can actually care if they die despite being a minor character.

3. well written fanservice again it's rare.

4. good battle, that's all I have to say.

Cons

1. this eww, it's something I didn't need to see.

2. as onzuka mentioned before the vajra getting it's head blown off and still moving is confusing considering what happened last episode, though it could have been like a cockroach moving without it's head.

I knew it!!! People were gonna be disturbed with that one.

MF's time slot pretty much guarantees that were at least gonna be seeing more of that. This show is definitely not for kids.

Also another of those disturbing scenes.....
Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-22, 07:05   Link #164
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Not that many arenas of life where he can shoot back at the invaders.
You're not getting my point in that it's intrinsically more dangerous lifestyle than acting. Family issues or no.

Quote:
But that's not the life he wanted, even before the Vajra.
Too early to tell. We know he has family issues so that probably spilled into his occupational choice too. Probably.

Quote:
More importantly, the military aren't the ones who saved his life, SMS pilots are. From his POV, they're the ones fighting back.

For that matter, how is the military better than SMS? Better burials? I don't think he cares.
The military is a real job and with real training. SMS obviously isn't, though it seems to have its own forms of them, though obviously not as formally. Again, 'wide eyed kid syndrome'. If he saw the military save him, guess what? He'd join the military.

Quote:
Just once, I'd like for old family rifts to stay as they are. For the character to walk away from his family, and that'd be it.
Macross, remember? Family squabbles WILL surface and what kind of an anime leaves such an important plotline in the water?
Old 2008-04-22, 07:59   Link #165
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post

I knew it!!! People were gonna be disturbed with that one.
[/spoiler]
It's because Leon's hairstyle makes him look like a freakin' clown. So everybody should hate him.

And nice pic of Sheryl btw. :
Old 2008-04-22, 14:58   Link #166
Tabris

Finally got around to watching episode 3 and I really enjoyed it.

Ranka's attempt to diffuse the situation between Altoh and Sheryl was just adorable
Old 2008-04-22, 15:23   Link #167
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
You're not getting my point in that it's intrinsically more dangerous lifestyle than acting. Family issues or no.
So? A dangerous life isn't intrinsically "bad". Some people - and Alto is one of them - think the benefits are worth the risks. Soldiers, fire fighters, policemen, stunts men... Since it's their lives, who are we to judge?

He's been reckless since before the attack. It's not new.

Quote:
Too early to tell. We know he has family issues so that probably spilled into his occupational choice too. Probably.
Maybe his family issues did influence his choices. So? They are still his choices. And he choose to not do kabuki.

Unless, I don't know. His family issues is that they disowned him for being second best at some acting contest and seeing to it he'd never set foot on a stage again...

Quote:
The military is a real job and with real training. SMS obviously isn't, though it seems to have its own forms of them, though obviously not as formally.
There's nothing obvious about it. Maybe they don't stand as much on ceremony as real militaries do, but that doesn't mean they accept shoddy piloting.

Quote:
Again, 'wide eyed kid syndrome'. If he saw the military save him, guess what? He'd join the military.
I think he'd have chosen the military anyway. Shiny planes and power trip. That's what I'm trying to say: he'd have chosen this life anyway, it's not sudden. And the SMS just fulfils his goals better than the military does, in every respect. Though I suppose you could blame him for not looking at the fine print better. Pay scales, benefits and so on... :\ I guess he just doesn't care.

But he's not especially rash in wanting to join the SMS. It's the logical next step in his life, considering his aspirations.
Old 2008-04-22, 17:13   Link #168
Westlo
Lets be reality

Disturbing Sheryl scene grss1982? More like hot!
Old 2008-04-22, 19:51   Link #169
grss1982

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Hot enough to make it your desktop wallpaper, avatar or even new sig? Or even print it in the largest paper size you can find in full color?
Old 2008-04-22, 20:43   Link #170
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
Quote:
I think he'd have chosen the military anyway. Shiny planes and power trip. That's what I'm trying to say: he'd have chosen this life anyway, it's not sudden. And the SMS just fulfils his goals better than the military does, in every respect. Though I suppose you could blame him for not looking at the fine print better. Pay scales, benefits and so on... :\ I guess he just doesn't care.
i think that test pilot are better paid than normal military personal
Old 2008-04-23, 00:36   Link #171
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Hot enough to make it your desktop wallpaper, avatar or even new sig? Or even print it in the largest paper size you can find in full color?
She'll forgive you if it keeps you up all night.
Old 2008-04-23, 00:42   Link #172
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I was actually thinking of making it an avatar on another forum *whistles*
Old 2008-04-23, 01:12   Link #173
rpgman1

Frontier lives up to my expectations and seems to be steering toward a more "mature" audience. Now this is a show with character development instead of random dribble. Leon is a freakin clown with that hairstyle. Alto, Ranka, and Sheryl seem to have their own paths, but they seem to be intertwined in a web.
Old 2008-04-23, 03:50   Link #174
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
It's because Leon's hairstyle makes him look like a freakin' clown. So everybody should hate him.
It's more because viewers have a marriage planned for Cathy ever since ep2.
Old 2008-04-23, 05:05   Link #175
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I have nothing agaisnt Leon. Or for Cathy. She seems a bit dull to me.
Old 2008-04-23, 06:08   Link #176
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

I have to agree with grss1982 this nothing is better than well written fanservice, plus the whole ranka and buns thing was hilarious!

@Cadorna I doubt that will be adressed, unless a character needs money.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
Old 2008-04-23, 06:13   Link #177
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
Frontier lives up to my expectations and seems to be steering toward a more "mature" audience. Now this is a show with character development instead of random dribble. Leon is a freakin clown with that hairstyle. Alto, Ranka, and Sheryl seem to have their own paths, but they seem to be intertwined in a web.
Nonsense. That hairstyle is awesome.

All he lacks is a sunglasses and some dye.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-04-23, 06:14   Link #178
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
I have nothing agaisnt Leon. Or for Cathy. She seems a bit dull to me.
that's because she's with a dull bloke.

once she dumps the clown, sinister government pen-pusher i'm sure she'll begin to shine.

Old 2008-04-23, 10:08   Link #179
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
So? A dangerous life isn't intrinsically "bad". Some people - and Alto is one of them - think the benefits are worth the risks. Soldiers, fire fighters, policemen, stunts men... Since it's their lives, who are we to judge?
I never said it was bad. Just much more dangerous and reckless if you're doing it on the fly like that. I'd imagine any other artistic vocation isn't something *dangerous* to get into in nature.

Quote:
He's been reckless since before the attack. It's not new.

Maybe his family issues did influence his choices. So? They are still his choices. And he choose to not do kabuki.
Unless, I don't know. His family issues is that they disowned him for being second best at some acting contest and seeing to it he'd never set foot on a stage again...
I would think his recklessness is directly from that feud too. If so, more power to him I guess. I wouldn't want to watch him do Kabuki all day either.

Quote:
There's nothing obvious about it. Maybe they don't stand as much on ceremony as real militaries do, but that doesn't mean they accept shoddy piloting.
Personally, they can do away with that silly stereotyping forever. I mean, it's really silly to think that bunch of properly trained soldiers aren't just as good if not better than some hodgepodge cast of private company trainees. It seems Macross isn't immune to that old stereotype. Though if they're a sort of a new-plane training service expendable to the military, that sort of makes sense. But not in the sense that they are truly that much better as pilots for it.

Quote:

But he's not especially rash in wanting to join the SMS. It's the logical next step in his life, considering his aspirations.
In the end of the day it makes sense, but he can't be older than 16, 17 years old. Any decision to jump into a life-risking job is simply risky and brash to me, no matter the aspiration or reasoning. Again, I'm not saying it's morally bad. Just very, very rash to risk your life so soon. At least it's a bit better than Hikaru Ichijo's reasoning of "oh, I have nothing to do but I LUUUV Planes! Risking my life now!" reasoning.
Old 2008-04-23, 10:20   Link #180
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

16 or 17, as opposed to 18, at which people start enlisting in... quite a few countries?

Maybe in the future, kids mature faster. Maybe he is 18. And hell, never mind him. Ask about Luca, who's even younger.

And about the training: yes, they really should hire only former militaries like Ozma, instead of kids like Alto, Mikhail, or Luca. I guess they're afraid kids won't want to watch...
Closed Thread