AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-08-26, 14:45   Link #1
cyberdemon

Smash!

Really interesting manga imo. Didn't think a manga about badmitton would be any good. What do you the rest of you think?

Quote:
Smash! is about two childhood friends (Shouta and Miwa) who share a common love for Badminton. Miwa, who's in love with Shouta, tries to persuade Shouta to apply to the same badminton school as her but the latter being of a carefree, easy-going and dense nature, brushes her away and states that he only plays badminton for fun.
However, Shouta's perspective of badminton quickly changes after a fateful encounter with Yuuhi (a mute girl). In his search for his badminton goddess Yuuhi, Shouta met Anan and thereafter, decides that he's going to pursue badminton more seriously...
There are 18 volumes total but only up to 15 can be found as scans currently and only up to chapter 73 is scanlated.
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 18:23   Link #2
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Got round to catching up with this, I had stopped around ch 50 before.
Abit glad I decided to pick it up again as while I find this a ok series, I kinda like the romance side to it. Well even then that side isn't particularly strong either but I'd say it's the better side compared to the sports element which is not particularly strong.

Shouta as a MC is again I'd say ok, pretty cliche in away but he is part of the pairing I like the most, which is him and Ebisawa.
Gotta be honest and say I really do wish they would hook up but I highly doubt it would ever happen given his current relationship and how it usually goes.
Plus I doubt we'll see much melodrama with Shouta and Yuuhi.
But still I'll hold onto that wishful thinking anyway.

Cast of chracters are not bad, Anan and Miwa's realtionship is starting to take off,

Overall nothing special about this manga expect maybe Ebisawa I really do like her alot.
Old 2010-12-26, 18:32   Link #3
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Got round to catching up with this, I had stopped around ch 50 before.
Abit glad I decided to pick it up again as while I find this a ok series, I kinda like the romance side to it. Well even then that side isn't particularly strong either but I'd say it's the better side compared to the sports element which is not particularly strong.

Shouta as a MC is again I'd say ok, pretty cliche in away but he is part of the pairing I like the most, which is him and Ebisawa.
Gotta be honest and say I really do wish they would hook up but I highly doubt it would ever happen given his current relationship and how it usually goes.
Plus I doubt we'll see much melodrama with Shouta and Yuuhi.
But still I'll hold onto that wishful thinking anyway.

Cast of chracters are not bad, Anan and Miwa's realtionship is starting to take off,

Overall nothing special about this manga expect maybe Ebisawa I really do like her alot.
The manga is already completely finished. Here's some info on the end and the thing between Shouta/ Yuuhi and Ebisawa.

Spoiler for final pairings and spoilers:
Old 2010-12-26, 19:12   Link #4
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Aww thats a bit of a bummer reading that, almost makes me wanna stop reading.

Ah well, as long as there is more ebisawa to come I'm good.
Old 2010-12-27, 09:58   Link #5
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Aww thats a bit of a bummer reading that, almost makes me wanna stop reading.

Ah well, as long as there is more ebisawa to come I'm good.
Er... why? ^_^;

Spoiler for stay away if you don't know the ending:
Mentar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 12:42   Link #6
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Er... why? ^_^;

Spoiler for stay away if you don't know the ending:
lol no I didn't but doesn't stop me from wanting it

meh it happens with alot of stuff I read, characters I come to like the most is either a total side character or doesn't have a chance.
But I'll always read on anyway, I just like to let out my dissappointment is all

Last edited by Bonta Kun; 2010-12-27 at 21:04.
Bonta Kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 18:43   Link #7
cyberdemon

Loved volume 13s extra chapter. All the cosplay who wouldn't? Also Shouta seeing Yuuhi in an apron and wished he could taste the sweets she made and he's already running to Osaka. LOL! As Ebisawa said, beaten by an apron.
Old 2011-04-01, 22:28   Link #8
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Only 18 volumes? I just finished it and I wish it would keep going and never end.
Old 2011-04-02, 00:16   Link #9
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

well, I love this manga since it's quite rare to find a good manga about badminton
it has a good romance and I like how Shouta and Yuuhi try to do a LDR... ^^
I hope they will make one extra chapter about Yuuhi and Shouta played Mixed Double....

and, finally I can find a manga that can say many positive things about Indonesia....

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote