AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Old 2008-08-21, 23:07   Link #21
Shinova
ANGRY LOLI POWER
*Artist

Somewhere on this page:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/900/900039p1.html
Old 2008-08-22, 11:49   Link #22
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Starcraft is pretty small-scaled too though. And in that case you should just cut to the chase and play SupCom or Total Annihilation instead. Dawn of War and Dawn of War 2 cater towards the more small-scale and personal tactical sort of gameplay.
That was uncalled for.

I thought that quote made it more or less clear that I enjoy playing Dawn of War (Warhammer in general).

It's called a "wish."

You know what wishes are? You wish something would be greater or something else but realistically it can't but it doesn't stop you from enjoying the game in general.

Because warhammer is epic in its battles, imagine thousands of Imperial Guards combating against thousands of Orks. That's all I'm saying. I'll still enjoy this game, especially with the way its campaign is set up (Which seems to be similar to Starcraft II's terran campaign)
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 17:04   Link #23
Shinova
ANGRY LOLI POWER
*Artist

Yeah I can't stop you from wishing and enjoying the game. I can't stop you from making a W40k mod for Supreme Commander either.
Old 2008-08-22, 23:41   Link #24
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Uh huh look bud I'm not looking for a fight but I never did once insulted Dawn of War or anything of that matter so I don't see the reason for these attacks.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 23:46   Link #25
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Starcraft is pretty small-scaled too though. And in that case you should just cut to the chase and play SupCom or Total Annihilation instead. Dawn of War and Dawn of War 2 cater towards the more small-scale and personal tactical sort of gameplay.
Agree on you with this one. Though the graphics in DoW II is awesome if DoW would have been similar to supcom it would make it even Awesomer (if its even a word)
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 01:43   Link #26
Shinova
ANGRY LOLI POWER
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Uh huh look bud I'm not looking for a fight but I never did once insulted Dawn of War or anything of that matter so I don't see the reason for these attacks.
Attacking you? I'm just playing around. No need to be so serious.
Old 2008-08-24, 10:53   Link #27
Westlo
Lets be reality

Tyranids.... FUCK YEAH!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 13:46   Link #28
Shinova
ANGRY LOLI POWER
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Tyranids.... FUCK YEAH!
Seconded! They're having synapse behavior implemented so I wonder if there's any creative ways you can use unsynapsed gaunts to your advantage.

The relicnews forums has the latest in DoW 2 developments so check in there from time to time.
Old 2008-08-24, 13:56   Link #29
Gundampilotspaz

Send a message via AIM to Gundampilotspaz
I always considered Dawn of War an evolution of the genre, the Starcraft for the modern RTS era.

Now with Starcraft 2 coming I hope they incorporate some of the features of Dawn of War, like squad based combat and the streamlined economic system. I doubt they will, however. Which is one of the reasons I'm far more excited for Dawn of War 2 than I am for Starcraft 2.

For Anime, Video Games, and Science Fiction news and reviews go to Time Travel is Awesome
Gundampilotspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 16:53   Link #30
Shinova
ANGRY LOLI POWER
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundampilotspaz View Post
Now with Starcraft 2 coming I hope they incorporate some of the features of Dawn of War, like squad based combat and the streamlined economic system. I doubt they will, however. Which is one of the reasons I'm far more excited for Dawn of War 2 than I am for Starcraft 2.
There are gameplay movies of Starcraft 2 and they do add some things, like rotational speed for some units, fire-on-the-move for certain units, some 'ragdoll' physics, some degree of physics for projectiles I think, and slightly more use of terrain.

But they still have the exact same economic model. They still have no cover, no squad combat, still have very short combat ranges, no destructible objects and terrain, and terrain offers no advantage other than restricting movement for most ground units. Not much that is fundamental has changed.

Of course if you want to be anal about it, Dawn of War 2 is pretty much Company of Heroes on a new version of the same engine, with maybe some added enhancements, set in 40k.

Of course at least DoW 2 has cover, destructible terrain and environments, weapon and unit physics, and so on.
Old 2008-08-25, 10:34   Link #31
Gundampilotspaz

Quote:
Of course if you want to be anal about it, Dawn of War 2 is pretty much Company of Heroes on a new version of the same engine, with maybe some added enhancements, set in 40k.
This is a bad thing?

For Anime, Video Games, and Science Fiction news and reviews go to Time Travel is Awesome
Old 2008-08-25, 13:23   Link #32
Shinova
ANGRY LOLI POWER
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundampilotspaz View Post
This is a bad thing?
Company of Heroes was awesome, but if you wanted to be anal about it you'd wish they added way more new stuff to DoW 2 in comparison to CoH.

I'm not seriously complaining though. I think DoW 2 looks awesome and I'm totally in line for it when it comes out.
Old 2008-08-25, 16:05   Link #33
Gundampilotspaz

Quote:
Company of Heroes was awesome, but if you wanted to be anal about it you'd wish they added way more new stuff to DoW 2 in comparison to CoH.

I'm not seriously complaining though. I think DoW 2 looks awesome and I'm totally in line for it when it comes out.
Well we really won't know how much is different until the game is released. Even if the game basically plays the same the graphics engine and improved physics are enough to warrant the upgrade. Hell if it came out as Company of Heroes 2 I'd probably still buy it.

Old 2009-03-04, 01:28   Link #34
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Can't believe this thread's been abandoned this long...

For those who haven't seen this vid yet:

THQ's real life Rhino Tank

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 02:00   Link #35
Jays

I've been playing this game to death, first time I've ever played an Warhammer 40k related product/game. The campaign was incredably fun, I had no idea the universe of Warhammer was this cool upon further reading, and I can honestly just how badly other games have ripped it to shreds.

Gotta say though, even though the other races are cool, something about the Space Marines is just envigorating. Definately a 9/10.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 02:06   Link #36
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
Gotta say though, even though the other races are cool, something about the Space Marines is just envigorating. Definately a 9/10.
They are religious warriors who are fear incarnate in huge hulking power armor with faith as their armor and fury as their sword, of course they're awesome

While I love the original Dawn of War and all of its expansions, Dawn of War II really captures the "one man army" essence that Space Marines are supposed to be. One Marine is supposed to equal a thousand of them, and the kill ratios in this game with the proper tactics and strategy are insane

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
Old 2009-03-04, 03:31   Link #37
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
They are religious warriors who are fear incarnate in huge hulking power armor with faith as their armor and fury as their sword, of course they're awesome

While I love the original Dawn of War and all of its expansions, Dawn of War II really captures the "one man army" essence that Space Marines are supposed to be. One Marine is supposed to equal a thousand of them, and the kill ratios in this game with the proper tactics and strategy are insane
You know... when you say one man army, I have to ask, do they also have licenses as well?

"...Victory is but a prelude to the next battle!"

A lot of things about the Warhammer 40k universe are just incredably, like you said the Space Marine doctrine is something almost spartan like, their vigor is just infectious, like when I'm mowing down the Tyranids I keep saying to myself "Uhuh.. yeah that's all you got... just numbers...!".

The Orks have probably the best names, it's even funnier hearing the voice actors be all serious and then say "Hamma Splitta".

Someone does need to shoot Cyrus though, God he's annoying.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 04:45   Link #38
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Even though I'm a fan of Zerg-like race in almost any RTS game available, I don't feel much about Tyranid . I just can't feel the terror they are supposed to give me (probably the campaign is at fault here, though).

Most favorite race to me in this game is still Space Marine.
Old 2009-03-04, 05:43   Link #39
TrueKnight

99,99% fans love the Space Marines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays
A lot of things about the Warhammer 40k universe are just incredably, like you said the Space Marine doctrine is something almost spartan like, their vigor is just infectious, like when I'm mowing down the Tyranids I keep saying to myself "Uhuh.. yeah that's all you got... just numbers...!".
Welcome to the Warhammer 40k universe, where if you're not clean and unholy, you will be burned and purged by the holy Inquisitions that are the Space Marines. All hail the GOD EMPEROR!

Didn't play the game yet though.

You should give other Warhammer franchise a chance, and see the retardness of Tau.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 06:57   Link #40
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
You know... when you say one man army, I have to ask, do they also have licenses as well?
License to kill all of the Emperor's enemies? Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays

Someone does need to shoot Cyrus though, God he's annoying.
Hey, don't diss the Cyrus, he's Solid Snake, Spike Spiegel, Zechs Merquise and Roger Smith rolled into one package

*ehem* Steve Blum *ehem*