AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-09-19, 14:38   Link #61
LoweGear
Kuso Teitoku
*Graphic Designer

Well, PC Gamer has details over ther DoW II expansion, now known as "Chaos Rising"

Also, only image released so far in official channels:

Spoiler for Chaos Hounds?:

And it seems someone already read the relevant article:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMW from Relic Forums
OK, the preview is only two pages doesn't have too much information, though what it does have is quite important.

New Mechanic: Corruption Level. Essentially, it's a campaign mechanic if you complete missions in ways which might be frowned upon by the Imperial Cult, e.g. trashing a shrine.

Corruption level affects wargear options and how NPC allies react towards you.

Campaign: There is a Spess Marine campaign in which you fight against chaos. At least part of it takes place on Meridian, and the Angel Forge map. The text does not say this is the only campaign, or even if this is the final campaign. It just describes a mission the writer got to play. In which he was Space Marines against CSM. It might just have been something they knocked up to show the press or a WIP of the final campaign.
Relic quotes suggest it might be more narrative driven than the previous one.

In this campaign, you will likely meet

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Confirmed Units:

Regular CSM, obv
Chaos Predator
Bloodletter on Khorne Juggernaut
Chaos Dreadnought

The Chaos Marines in the screenshots were in Night Lords colours, though of course

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Release Date: Spring.
Also, for something random I found, courtesy of Kharrak from Relicforums:

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."

Last edited by LoweGear; 2009-09-19 at 14:49.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 06:11   Link #62
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Also, for something random I found, courtesy of Kharrak from Relicforums:

Hahaha...that sure does funny,facepalm Eliphas Whoa I sure hope the vehicle for Chaos would have serious firepower hehe.Hopefully the Tau & Imperial Guard also make appearance,I want to use Baneblade!!!!! (imagine the scale of Baneblade in those expansion)
Old 2009-09-20, 08:09   Link #63
Siddyus
The Insidious

I simply love this game.

Siddyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 02:58   Link #64
LoweGear
Kuso Teitoku
*Graphic Designer

Secondhand info, take with a grain of salt:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogators4life from Gamefaqs
found this on another site, writen by someone who has the UK PCgamer:

* All four Chaos Gods will be playable in Multiplayer.
* A new campaign in which you fight the forces of Chaos as well as the previous threats from the original game
* A Corruption meter for each of your squads which changes based on your actions in game, i.e. blow up a shrine to the Emperor to get a suit of armour or leave it be? Oh, and in some missions there will be NPCs who may either help you or leave you alone based on your level of corruption. all but two of the campaign missions will affect your warriors' corruption level as you progress.
* Level cap raised to 30, expect some new perks for your squad leaders.
* An end to the tedious base defence/kill the boss at the end missions in the first game - the new missions will feature more variety in terms of objectives not unlike those found in the missions advancing the campaign in the original.
Well, the corruption system was mentioned in the initial bit of info... but that last info has me giddy, since the predictable mission structure of DoWII was it's only weak point for me, and removing and improving that element would vastly enhance this expansion

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
Old 2009-09-21, 05:47   Link #65
LoweGear
Kuso Teitoku
*Graphic Designer

Dawn Of War 2: Chaos Rising officially announced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THQ
THQ today announced WarhammerŽ 40,000™: Dawn of WarŽ II – Chaos Rising™, the next standalone chapter in the critically acclaimed RTS series, is scheduled for release on Games For Windows LIVE in spring 2010.

Set in the grim, war-ravaged world of Games Workshop’s vast Warhammer 40,000 science fiction universe, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II – Chaos Rising transports you into the midst of an intergalactic war between ancient enemies.

Continue the single player campaign from the original Dawn of War II with all new Wargear and a level cap raise from 20 to 30 for your Blood Raven squad. Veterans of the Dawn of War II single player campaign can use their existing squads’ accumulated wargear, abilities and experience to battle the traitorous Chaos Space Marines of the Black Legion throughout 20 new missions. Powerful new Chaos-tainted wargear can also be equipped and used against your enemy, but doing so could lead to dreadful consequences.

The Chaos Space Marines will also be playable as a brand new army in multiplayer. Other multiplayer additions include new units for Orks, Eldar, Tyranids and Space Marines, as well as new multiplayer maps.

Your Blood Ravens have saved the sector, but can they save themselves?

In THQ Inc. and Relic Entertainment’s sequel to the acclaimed Dawn of War II real time strategy franchise, you return to sub sector Aurelia where a long lost frozen ice planet has reappeared from the Warp, bringing with it new secrets to uncover and foes to face.

In Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising you will take command of the Blood Ravens and defend the sector against the Chaos Space Marines of the Black Legion. Purge the chaos filth and hold the chapter together as traitorous forces work from within to try bring down the Blood Ravens.

* Upgrade your squads with new legendary wargear and unlock new special abilities, as your squads advance to level 30. Will you remain steadfast to the Emperor or risk heresy to gain new dark and destructive powers?
* In multiplayer swear loyalty to the Chaos Gods and pit your bloodthirsty warband of Chaos Space Marines against the new units and reinforced armies of the Space Marines, Orks, Eldar, and Tyranids.
... you can carry over the experience and wargear from the original campaign into the Chaos Rising campaign?!?!?!?!?! AWESOMENESS

Last edited by LoweGear; 2009-09-21 at 07:25.
Old 2009-09-21, 10:05   Link #66
RAVNEN

Whoa...cool..is that Eliphas the chaos lord on the cover..? Hmm...interesting,they would corruption system.I wonder if the Inquisitor from Imperial would make an appearance in this expansion

It would be interesting to know who's the traitor in Blood Raven.
Old 2009-09-21, 11:21   Link #67
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
... you can carry over the experience and wargear from the original campaign into the Chaos Rising campaign?!?!?!?!?! AWESOMENESS
This is friggn awesome!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
Whoa...cool..is that Eliphas the chaos lord on the cover..?
Hm... doubt it... Eliphas was a Word Bearer, these guys are Black Legion.

Corruption of your own forces? Interessting.
Somehow I hope you can get fully Chaos now, with ending and all.
Old 2009-09-21, 13:09   Link #68
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, the Chaos players will certainly rejoice. I'm not that excited myself, but that's just because I don't care about Chaos that much, and since these seem to be the only new faction in the game....

Ah well, there's always the story.
Old 2009-09-21, 13:24   Link #69
LoweGear
Kuso Teitoku
*Graphic Designer

First screenshots of Chaos Rising out on the official site:

Snow environments are in, which are a nice pace from the sand and jungle of the first... and that Chaos Dreadnaught is looking pretty slick XD

Old 2009-09-21, 13:55   Link #70
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

I hope the Defiler will be there too, i loved the Dow I's model.

I also hope the rumour of being able to play the four Powers in multiplayer is true and i cant wait to see the bloodcrusher in action.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 16:17   Link #71
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The Bloodcrusher is cool, but how about some Nurgle units to toy with? We've had Tzeentch units, we've had Khorne units, but Nurgle is where the corruption of Chaos truly shines.
Old 2009-09-21, 20:12   Link #72
RAVNEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Hm... doubt it... Eliphas was a Word Bearer, these guys are Black Legion.
Hmm..you're right.Maybe that guy is veteran chaos lord or it's a image of corrupted player character.That first pics show Force Commander vs Chaos lord,hammer vs axe...it is so awesome...

OMG!!!...that chaos dreadnought got missile launcher on it.I have'nt got any missile launcher Thule Dreadnought yet...whyyy...
Old 2009-09-22, 03:17   Link #73
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The Bloodcrusher is cool, but how about some Nurgle units to toy with? We've had Tzeentch units, we've had Khorne units, but Nurgle is where the corruption of Chaos truly shines.
Plague marine or plaguebearer would be nice indeed.
Old 2009-09-22, 09:41   Link #74
mechdra

Need noise marine...

I am more interested with the new wargear, I hope we will get lightning claw and combi weapon this time .
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 11:45   Link #75
LoweGear
Kuso Teitoku
*Graphic Designer

Not much of a Chaos expert myself, but according to other forums the Chaos Marines glowing green in that Chaos Predator pic might just be Plague Marines, and it is officially mentioned that all 4 Gods will be represented in this expansion.

Though frankly I'll stick to Khorne anyways...

Old 2009-09-25, 22:02   Link #76
LoweGear
Kuso Teitoku
*Graphic Designer

Take with a grain of salt:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogators4life
New info from PC gamer(UK),

They mention a mission chasing Eliphas the Chaos Lord across a map... and the likelihood that he appears in more than 1 is high as rather than corner him and have a boss fight something else happens..

He teleports a Hellfire dread in.. and runs off cackling, leaving you to fight.
Infact i'm pretty sure that picture of a dread with HB Dev dudes to either side is just after it happens.

They have a SS of a Powersword/stormbolter wielding Chaos Terminator. Aswell as a Twinlinked Autocannon Chaos Dread.
And the Full SS of the BloodLetter on the Juggernaught, that shows on the official site. They mention that you fight it by itself then later it re-appears on the Juggernaught to.

They also mention snippets about the corruption mechanic and how it works.
i.e. on Angel Forge.. you can either send a jump pack squad over the wall to activate a gate control and open it.. although probably getting them all killed in the process.. or you can strap explosives to the gate to blow a gap.. which will earn you corruption points.
level of Corruption will alter how NPC forces look at you in the game and help you out... so it looks like stuff like IG will probably be playing a bigger role.. helping you out in missions if you stay Uncorrupted etc.
They also mention the level of corruption having an effect on your stats... giving bonus's or subtracting, so maybe becoming corrupted may add you points into health but lower your armour rating.. or some such who knows.

The last thing is they mentioned a much greater variety of missions... the 1 they primarily mention is Starting off with 2 Predators on Patrol that you have to use to clear a drop zone for your squads to come down to.
You have the chance Predator tanks in the singleplayer campaign?!? Hoping it's true

Old 2009-09-26, 11:02   Link #77
RAVNEN

Would love to field Predator tanks or any vehicles while in campaign mission.The game is pretty dull without some vehicle combat action...
Old 2009-09-26, 13:32   Link #78
Siddyus
The Insidious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Well, the Chaos players will certainly rejoice. I'm not that excited myself, but that's just because I don't care about Chaos that much, and since these seem to be the only new faction in the game....

Ah well, there's always the story.
Good thing I am a chaos player then

And those are some sweet screens!

Siddyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 09:51   Link #79
LoweGear
Kuso Teitoku
*Graphic Designer

"ULTRAMARINES" Full Length CGI Movie Announced!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Workshop
INTRODUCING ULTRAMARINES – A WARHAMMER 40,000 MOVIE!

The moment fans have been waiting for is finally here... for the first time, the Warhammer 40,000 universe will be realised in a feature-length movie on DVD.

Ultramarines is a 70-minute sci-fi thriller that will use CGI and state-of-the-art animation production techniques. Games Workshop is delighted to be working with UK-based production company Codex Pictures, who have the momentous task of bringing the Warhammer 40,000 universe to the screen.

Wondering if I should cross post in General discussions...

Old 2009-09-29, 02:52   Link #80
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Relic posted a little teaser, you can see it here.