AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-03, 13:19   Link #161
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 34
Kinda shame for those who have super powers and those who hasn't.

Hmmm...The last boss kinda reminds me of Vegeta and Gouko. Vegeto or Gogeta fussion lol.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 15:19   Link #162
JubeiYamazaki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Age: 94
Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikitehwaffu View Post
The developers said they had the DC characters scaled down storywise in power. Kinda bs, but whatever.
Also while not canon in any way, sometimes in crossover stories when there is Flash going to other universes, he loses the power of the speed force and struggles.
This is true. Lots of times for crossovers powers have to be tone'd down. The only one that really makes sense is Supes being toned down if all the stages take place in a world where there is no sun, and his official "unofficial" weakness to magic I can see that happening.

Also for Flash to be hit with by Baraka's blade... Flash is one of those type of characters, we fans uhm... ignore in terms of things happening to him. Because really... if it isn't Prof. Zoom, Tarpit, Reverse Flash (yep you read that right) or anyone else like that going against the Flash 90% of the stuff that happens to him is BS to begin with. So I was ready to ignore this BS, since I do it every month when I read Flash.

But really DC vs MK is a really slop sided match up. If Batman can be toe-to-toe with Darksied for a few minutes he's got NO PROBLEM taking out anyone MK can muster out.

But as long as the game is fun.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 00:41   Link #163
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Why do I sence that all people think that the DC side has a clear advantage?

I think you are underestimating de MK fighters
__________________
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:44   Link #164
Vikitehwaffu
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Why do I sence that all people think that the DC side has a clear advantage?

I think you are underestimating de MK fighters
I know the Elder gods of Mortal Kombat are strong, like Raiden and Shao Khan. The mortals and other people are strong too. But the thing is, with people like Superman who can punch someone straight threw the planet and tanks planet destroying blasts like nothing and Flash who easily goes the speed of light, MK characters are nothing compared to them without a plot convenience.

And even with lol universe weakens DC characters plot twist, characters like Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman would laugh at that kinda magic trying to affect them.
Vikitehwaffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 03:16   Link #165
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikitehwaffu View Post
I know the Elder gods of Mortal Kombat are strong, like Raiden and Shao Khan. The mortals and other people are strong too. But the thing is, with people like Superman who can punch someone straight threw the planet and tanks planet destroying blasts like nothing and Flash who easily goes the speed of light, MK characters are nothing compared to them without a plot convenience.

And even with lol universe weakens DC characters plot twist, characters like Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman would laugh at that kinda magic trying to affect them.
Acording to the story, Superman is not only weak to cryptonite but also to magic, we have the sorcerer Shang Tsung who canm steal the souls of his foes and with that their powers... if Shang Tsung steals the powers of Superman then...
__________________
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 10:47   Link #166
Vikitehwaffu
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Acording to the story, Superman is not only weak to cryptonite but also to magic, we have the sorcerer Shang Tsung who canm steal the souls of his foes and with that their powers... if Shang Tsung steals the powers of Superman then...
I personally doubt that Shang tsung can actually steal Superman's powers in story unless Supes is stupid, considering that Superman can just knock him out with superior speed. And I doubt that Shang can absorb that much power.

Superman isn't partially weak to magic, he can tank direct magic shots like fireballs, lightning, etc. It's the indirect stuff that gets him.
Vikitehwaffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 11:41   Link #167
Elvin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
At any given time, Superman's trying his best not to kill you. Shang Tsung couldn't beat Liu Kang 1 on 1, and he had no magical resistance either.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 15:59   Link #168
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikitehwaffu View Post
I personally doubt that Shang tsung can actually steal Superman's powers in story unless Supes is stupid, considering that Superman can just knock him out with superior speed. And I doubt that Shang can absorb that much power.

Superman isn't partially weak to magic, he can tank direct magic shots like fireballs, lightning, etc. It's the indirect stuff that gets him.
Not stupid, remember that Shang Tsung can also turn himself into another person as disguse (In Deadly Alliance he killed Liu Kang disguised as Kung Lao)

Shang Tsung could aproach Superman pretending to be Batman or another hero, and then attack him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
At any given time, Superman's trying his best not to kill you. Shang Tsung couldn't beat Liu Kang 1 on 1, and he had no magical resistance either.
Remember the image "Defer" Shang Tsung forming an alliance with the MK heroes in order to beat the DC side

Plus, Liu Kang isn't just a mere human, inside him burns the power of a Dragon
__________________
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 17:30   Link #169
Elvin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
It doesn't matter if he made alliances, the DC Superheroes are all allied too, and they like each other more to boot. And I know Liu Kang was the shit as a fighter but my point stands that he didn't have any protection from magic when he fought Shang Tsung, the same as Superman. Shang Tsung might be able to find a way to beat Superman, but Superman could beat Shang Tsung so much easier in a hundred more ways.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 19:01   Link #170
JubeiYamazaki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Age: 94
Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
I'll take some time to explain Supes official "unofficial" magic weakness. Its never been stated that he's weak to magic but that he hates magic. And that dislike for magic could stem from anything including the fact that he could be weak against it.

So writers and characters have fun exploiting that dislike and leaving readers wondering if he really is weak or if he just hates the arcanes. I remember the JLA/Avengers crossover where Thor and Supes battled like crazy, in that battle it was really hard to tell if Thor's hammer was the one doing all the damage or the fact that Thor is imbued with the powers of a god, hence the unnatural strength.

As for Supes vs. Shang Tsung... Supes is a very strong-willed person weither that strong will helps as resistant against Tsung's power then Tsung is screwed. But doesn't Shang Tsung need to kill his opponent to take their souls? Because if that's the case, good luck Shang Tsung.

Whenever I do VS. fandom stuff with DC I always base it off Batman, if Batman can tackle whoever, then I don't even bother comparing the rest. Because Batman is the epitome of complete BS. Bat's Prep-time > anything in existence.

And I can totally see Bat's whip Shang Tsung's ass when you have villains like Clayface, and Felix Faust... Bats already knows Tsung's every trick.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 19:11   Link #171
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
I must make an aclaration, we don't know if the DC villans and heros are gonna make an alliance too, we know that the MK ones are gonna do it because we have the image "Defer" but thereis nothing confirmed about the DC sied (Personally is hard to me, believ taht Batman will asept having the Joker as allie after he killed Robbin)

Now, when the game was confirmed, one of the first thing the people asked to Ed Boon was

"How can a character stand a chance againt Superman?"

The Answer was

"Superman is not only weak to Kriptonite but also to Magic"



Now, Superman isn't the whole DC rooster

Lexluthor or Batman could bet easely Shang Tsun too?

And if the DC side has Superman, then the MK side has Raiden

__________________
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 19:50   Link #172
Elvin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
He's not weak to magic, he's normal to magic, and you completely ignored my point that someone else who's less powerful and normal to magic managed to defeat Shang too. And he's strong against any magic that has to deal with just using the elements, he shrugged off the lightning from Thor's hammer (another god of thunder) in the JLA/Avengers cross-over. And no, he's not the whole roster, realistically GL, Flash, Shazam, and Darkseid are all powerhouses themselves. Lex Luthor can beat Jax in baldness, and Batman could realistically whoop half of the MK roster.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 20:22   Link #173
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
He's not weak to magic, he's normal to magic, and you completely ignored my point that someone else who's less powerful and normal to magic managed to defeat Shang too. And he's strong against any magic that has to deal with just using the elements, he shrugged off the lightning from Thor's hammer (another god of thunder) in the JLA/Avengers cross-over. And no, he's not the whole roster, realistically GL, Flash, Shazam, and Darkseid are all powerhouses themselves. Lex Luthor can beat Jax in baldness, and Batman could realistically whoop half of the MK roster.
First of all, I'll ask you to calm down a bit

I created this thread to provide all you guys the newest information of this game, because doe to the fact, that I'm a member in the oficial Spanish Mortal Kombat forum, I get this information and I get all the new stuff really quickly, I didn't created this thread to discus who's stronger, if the MK fighters or DC superheros

If you don't belive me that in THIS game (not in the comic) Superman is weak to magic, then check this vid please (time 00:42-00:57 to be more exactly)

__________________
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 21:36   Link #174
Elvin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
lol I am calm, I just enjoy talking about stuff like this. I just bolded the keywords to emphasize my point, because I do think the DC side would have a clear advantage, as you said in post 163.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 03:55   Link #175
JubeiYamazaki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Age: 94
Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
... Why does Scorpion and Bats have the same exact leg take down?
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 11:04   Link #176
Vikitehwaffu
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki View Post
... Why does Scorpion and Bats have the same exact leg take down?
Honestly it looks like they reused animations, like the wall smashing and the falling.
Vikitehwaffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 13:01   Link #177
Elvin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Well, it could be that they both know ninjutsu
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 15:10   Link #178
Vikitehwaffu
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
Well, it could be that they both know ninjutsu
I don't think so Tim.

More like reused animations.
Vikitehwaffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 15:17   Link #179
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikitehwaffu View Post
Honestly it looks like they reused animations, like the wall smashing and the falling.
Every character has a special unique move during Freefall Kombat

The wall smashing is a new mode of "Test your might"

The grab kick is a redo of a special move that all the ninja characters had in MK2 (Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, etc...) The move was a dashing kick, the grab kick is an improve of that move
__________________
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 09:11   Link #180
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 34
Instead of Thor from Marvel we got Raiden from Midway VS Superman lol! XD

The old "I'll suck your powers Superman with my magic" bit from the old Super Friends episode. I knew it... >_>
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.