AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-04-19, 18:14   Link #1
Tiberium Wolf

Cleaning some text in jpeg or whatever

Let's say you pic something to scan and due to the background or the bad quality of the paper you don't have a clear text. Around the text in the picture there some grainy shit that you want to remove. Is there a way doing that with photoshop? If you should just remove what is not part of the text and then sharpen the text to be more readable. Dunno if I explained correctly....
Old 2008-04-19, 23:17   Link #2
kayos
RETIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Let's say you pic something to scan and due to the background or the bad quality of the paper you don't have a clear text. Around the text in the picture there some grainy shit that you want to remove. Is there a way doing that with photoshop?
There are many methods used to remove unwanted textures, I prefer using the clone tool to clone a area of choice and smooth out that unwanted area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
If you should just remove what is not part of the text and then sharpen the text to be more readable. Dunno if I explained correctly....
I'm not entirely sure what you are saying but if I understood you correctly it would be much more easier to just cut out the text, put it on a separate layer, fix it up, and sharpen it to your delight.
kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 02:17   Link #3
Tiberium Wolf

Last year I was working in a information management company and they had a OCR program that was pretty neat in clearing the unwanted texture and sort. You could also make the letter thiner or thicker. It was pretty neat since the source material used was newspapers. So I wondered if there weren't any programs that could do it too in just a few clicks. BTW, the OCR program would convert everything to black and white so it's easier to work with the text.