AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-14, 16:28   Link #201
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

You have to admit it's an interesting way to do a show. Build up the characters as superheroes, then splat them at the end.

I can see them bringing Tooru back though, he seems to have a huge grudge that i figure will play a part in the story. I'm guessing he'll get some sort of critter like Yomi's and start hunting them all down. While the humans hunt them both.

Not alot to offer this season, i think there's only 2 shows i'm going to be bothering to get, this one and Kurozuka, oh and Index, that has potential.
Old 2008-10-14, 16:33   Link #202
Leedizzle

This show is more interesting then the most of the shows where our heroes live forever and kill everyone doing power level battles.

During the last scene of the first episode, it was one hell of a twist. Makes me want to keep watching.
Leedizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 16:41   Link #203
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Finally, some thoughts for episode 2

It took me long enough to watch this one and its great that I'm not disappointed from the good start ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 17:49   Link #204
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent View Post
Two Questions -

1) Do the creators really think this is the way to build up an attentive fanbase who'll watch this show to the end?

2) Will any of us stick around to the end of this so they can explain to the rest of us what the hell the point of this series was in the first place?
1) Certainly, and it seems to be working at the moment.

2) Certainly, it has the merit of being different I concede. Though I'm not one of those people. I've had my dose of shcoolgirls with katanas fighting monsters.
Ninjacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 18:18   Link #205
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Jeez! My fav characters are the entire 4th squad! Dangit!

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 18:51   Link #206
Casshern

Hey, the bad guys are winning for once. Doesn't everyone keep saying "it's annoying how the good guys always win"?

I love Yomi's ruthlesness. Normally in a scene like the last one where the good guy is captured and everything seems hopeless, the bad guy will either let their guard down and get killed or the good guy will release some hidden power and win. Instead, Ga Rei pretty much shoves in your face the fact that such shitty plot devices don't work here.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 18:59   Link #207
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Instead, Ga Rei pretty much shoves in your face the fact that such shitty plot devices don't work here.
I'm still debating on how exactly they will revive all dead characters (come on, let's not kid ourselves and get this out of the way before everything else). That is probably the most interesting thing to do while watching this series.

On other news, I fell asleep halfway through the second episode. Constant action only bores me (though I do admit being a bit underslept, but that hasn't kept me from enjoying anime before).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 19:05   Link #208
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

So, are they gonna make a habit of this in each episode or what? It was interesting in ep 1, but it's becoming a bit tiresome already. I seriously don't want to see an third ep with the SAME chain of events. Yeah, ep 1 was intriguing but they keep the same stuff up, it's not that fun anymore. Hopefully I'll start to get what's this all about in the next ep and not watch another ep1-remake3.
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 19:32   Link #209
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Best part of ep 2 with the MOE's Supernatural Countermeasures Division going GAR in the battle against the possessed corpses of the MOD's Supernatural Disaster Prevention Office. Rock on FAMAS and SVD!!

It seems that they are two anti-paranormal special forces units if I got the names right:

Ministry of Defense aka 防衛省 - Supernatural Disaster Prevention Agency

Ministry of Environment aka 環境省 - Supernatural Countermeasures Division

Wonder who holds the responsibility of conducting anti-paranormal ops. Better yet, why does the MOE have an anti-paranormal specs ops division? You'd think that the Ministry of Justice (法務省), Security Council (安全保障会議) or the National Police Agency (警察庁) should be the ones handling them.

Then again, pretty sneaky of the MOE.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2008-10-14 at 21:10.
Old 2008-10-14, 19:59   Link #210
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Two Questions -

1) Do the creators really think this is the way to build up an attentive fanbase who'll watch this show to the end?

2) Will any of us stick around to the end of this so they can explain to the rest of us what the hell the point of this series was in the first place?
It seems there are people who stopped watching because they felt the same way, but personally, I'm fully willing to watch until the end. It's quite interesting. Don't think I've seen an anime before that kills off the protagonists like this...
Uuu... I wish the episode 1 characters came back...

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 20:01   Link #211
davie

Spoiler for episode 3:
davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 20:15   Link #212
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

When does GRZ show on TV? Every Sunday?

Old 2008-10-14, 20:59   Link #213
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Haa haaa haa~ I love this.

Spoiler for IF everyone dies again in Ep 3:
Old 2008-10-14, 21:19   Link #214
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
It seems that this show is simply a action fest for the overbearing testosterone... I'll think I'm only gonna watch this if I got nothing better to do from now own.
Old 2008-10-14, 21:24   Link #215
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well i decided to give it sometime to see if anything would develop by episode 3 and it has not. I love the action i love music and dont get me wrong i love the gore. But by episode 3 you should at least be trying to hold your audience to the series by giving some glimpse to help them follow along with the story, this is has not happen honestly no one knows the what the fuck is going except that there is a betrayer and all the teams get wiped out other than that its just blood and gore with no hint of an explanation for why events are taking place i can deal with 2 episodes of that but no more. Iv got no problem with killing the good guys off since im pretty much an Anti hero myself. My problem is with the pacing. I will get around to watching it and still download the episodes but this one is going on the back burner there are too many other series floating around for me to sit around and say WTF they killed everyone AGAIN for the next couple of weeks.

Its such a shame cause i like the action but im keeping it on my list.

Someone PM me when they do the reset
Old 2008-10-14, 21:32   Link #216
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Haa haaa haa~ I love this.

Spoiler for IF everyone dies again in Ep 3:
Spoiler for Possible answer:

Old 2008-10-14, 23:37   Link #217
Joachim
et tu, brute?

okay, im hooked when i watched episode 2, less cheesy, more intense action, me want. (and the new bgm in episode 2 was nice, compared to those on eps 1)

anyway.. i don't think kagura is dead yet (no death scene yet, so im not buying it) and nori chan.. well is he dead? if this -zero- really means prequel of ga-rei it will most likely be that nori and kagura didn't die.

but if they do die.. well its an original anime story then.. which maybe turns out that yomi is the main character.

and i think most of the 4th special squad is dead. But seeing all the flashback from episode 1 by the supposed to be main chara makes me think that the only surviving member will be that guy (somehow) and it will be related to yomi and him, but meh.. we'll see
Old 2008-10-14, 23:45   Link #218
arkxkra
全力全開

still dont get it, the main character is those special squad or Yomi, I only see her kill people only.
Old 2008-10-14, 23:51   Link #219
Joachim
et tu, brute?

don't know, they even put kagura and nori chan there.. who was supposed to be characters in manga (special note on kagura a ga-rei user and a main heroine in manga)

like i said, those flashbacks in episode 1.. is it just some random facts thrown to us, or a subplot which later will be explained, which therefore there is a possibility of the male guy from eps 1 to actually survive the ordeal
Old 2008-10-15, 00:04   Link #220
UserName

Quote:
Two Questions -

Which would just mean that this series clearly isn't character-centris.

I personally don't need to watch a show for any character in mind to enjoy a show. As long as there are other good aspects. There are many shows that show things from various perspectives without a singular "main character" shown all the time (and half this episode and the last involved the Ministry of Defense officials, along with some from the Ministry of Environment, not just the Squads who are essentially foot soldiers).

I find it interesting at least. And even if I didn't, I certainly wouldn't mark it down for killing named (not neccessarily main) characters (and only one of the introduced characters in episode 2 "may" have died.)
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen