AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-20, 15:28   Link #2081
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Space-time
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary Send a message via Skype™ to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Full Metal Panic fandom has brought up this theory before, but...

what happens if Ranka and Sheryl essentially become the same person because of a too much psychic crossing
oh god...something is totally jiggling inside my brain today



BetoJR, stay the hell away from this thread (or just pretend you didn't see this post)
__________________
forgottendiary is offline  
Old 2008-09-20, 15:52   Link #2082
Paul Hausser
Colonel General
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
oh god...something is totally jiggling inside my brain today



BetoJR, stay the hell away from this thread (or just pretend you didn't see this post)
Ahm the quintessential Sohryu-Ayanami-Katsuragi Hybrid Theorem? I've seen posts thousand words long proving and disproving it, back when "Evangelion" was all the rage and people tried to do "Being John Malkovitch" on Hideaki Anno.
Paul Hausser is offline  
Old 2008-09-20, 16:01   Link #2083
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Space-time
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary Send a message via Skype™ to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hausser View Post
Ahm the quintessential Sohryu-Ayanami-Katsuragi Hybrid Theorem? I've seen posts thousand words long proving and disproving it, back when "Evangelion" was all the rage and people tried to do "Being John Malkovitch" on Hideaki Anno.
Personally, I didn't subscribe to the fusion idea (but it's convenient for today's purposes).

Hopefully Kawamori decides that hate mails, death threats and vandalism outside his studio are things he'd rather not have and instead, gives us a great finale...one that leaves a taste of total satisfaction.
__________________
forgottendiary is offline  
Old 2008-09-20, 16:39   Link #2084
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
Personally, I didn't subscribe to the fusion idea (but it's convenient for today's purposes).

Hopefully Kawamori decides that hate mails, death threats and vandalism outside his studio are things he'd rather not have and instead, gives us a great finale...one that leaves a taste of total satisfaction.
remember that whatever he does, he could get those regardless of the outcome. the popularity is not as one sided in Japan as it is on these forums! I don't think there has ever been a murder of a director from unhappy fans.
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-09-20, 16:50   Link #2085
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Space-time
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary Send a message via Skype™ to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
remember that whatever he does, he could get those regardless of the outcome. the popularity is not as one sided in Japan as it is on these forums! I don't think there has ever been a murder of a director from unhappy fans.
...none as of yet
__________________
forgottendiary is offline  
Old 2008-09-20, 16:52   Link #2086
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
oh god...something is totally jiggling inside my brain today



BetoJR, stay the hell away from this thread (or just pretend you didn't see this post)
So, is that Shinji, erm, "doing a Shinji" on Asuka? I never was exactly sure what he did, having stayed away from anything Evangelion like it was Satan personified, after the series...
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-09-20, 16:53   Link #2087
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
So, is that Shinji, erm, "doing a Shinji" on Asuka? I never was exactly sure what he did, having stayed away from anything Evangelion like it was Satan personified, after the series...
Yes.

God he was such a freak.
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2008-09-20, 16:58   Link #2088
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Yes.

God he was such a freak.
Yeah, pretty much. If one wants a good Evangelion, one should watch Raxephon. Although Megumi losing still hurts... ^^
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-09-20, 17:00   Link #2089
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Space-time
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary Send a message via Skype™ to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
So, is that Shinji, erm, "doing a Shinji" on Asuka? I never was exactly sure what he did, having stayed away from anything Evangelion like it was Satan personified, after the series...
Haha! He was choking her then Asuka briefly touched his cheek. He stopped and started sobbing.

Asuka then delivers her classic line: Kimochi warui.

Teh end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Yes.

God he was such a freak.
He fancied screaming as much as Alto too.
__________________
forgottendiary is offline  
Old 2008-09-20, 17:02   Link #2090
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
remember that whatever he does, he could get those regardless of the outcome. the popularity is not as one sided in Japan as it is on these forums! I don't think there has ever been a murder of a director from unhappy fans.
It's not as one-sided as here because Ranka shippers can't put up a good front here and tend to stay away.

But as far as favoring, I'm hearing its a Sheryl majority.
__________________

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline  
Old 2008-09-20, 17:03   Link #2091
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
I am afraid gentlemen, that you are all mistaken.

A Shinji doing a Shinji is not the choking, but a reference to masturbation above a patient in a comatose state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
But as far as favoring, I'm hearing its a Sheryl majority.
As far as the pairing go, its something along the lines of 10 (Sheryl) : 1.5 (Ranka)

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-09-20, 17:06   Link #2092
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Space-time
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary Send a message via Skype™ to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I am afraid gentlemen, that you are all mistaken.

A Shinji doing a Shinji is not the choking, but a reference to masturbation above a patient in a comatose state.

- Tak


demmit, me and my wrong context



O
M
G

Please, brain...stay away from the Nanase and Luca scene, I beg of you!!!!!!!
__________________
forgottendiary is offline  
Old 2008-09-20, 17:22   Link #2093
Joachim
et tu, brute?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Perth WA
Age: 28
after episode 24.... we see a connection here, in macross zero the one that can control bird human is the lineage of nome right?(sarah, mao) so if sheryl really is mao's granddaughter.., please do refresh my mind, did sarah instantly teleport inside the birdman? or did she board the "mini birdman head" to go there?

i think sheryl will have another role next episode.

Maybe thats what grace was saying , ranshe, mao, your blood will slaughter each other

epic fight between sheryl's birdman vs ranka's vajra tachi? lol
Joachim is offline  
Old 2008-09-20, 17:24   Link #2094
Joachim
et tu, brute?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Perth WA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
oh god...something is totally jiggling inside my brain today



BetoJR, stay the hell away from this thread (or just pretend you didn't see this post)
no not another asureito debate stopp this madness
Joachim is offline  
Old 2008-09-20, 17:38   Link #2095
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Space-time
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary Send a message via Skype™ to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
after episode 24.... we see a connection here, in macross zero the one that can control bird human is the lineage of nome right?(sarah, mao) so if sheryl really is mao's granddaughter.., please do refresh my mind, did sarah instantly teleport inside the birdman? or did she board the "mini birdman head" to go there?

i think sheryl will have another role next episode.

Maybe thats what grace was saying , ranshe, mao, your blood will slaughter each other

epic fight between sheryl's birdman vs ranka's vajra tachi? lol
That would be bloodsulutely amazing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
no not another asureito debate stopp this madness
Haha! Like what I said, I don't subscribe to asureito but it was convenient to be brought up.

Hai~ hai~ Atashi wa mou~ I think the sugar from my tea has been processed by my body.
__________________
forgottendiary is offline  
Old 2008-09-20, 17:41   Link #2096
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I am afraid gentlemen, that you are all mistaken.

A Shinji doing a Shinji is not the choking, but a reference to masturbation above a patient in a comatose state.

- Tak
Aw, God! Above Asuka? Geeze... this kid really has some problems....
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-09-20, 17:44   Link #2097
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Aw, God! Above Asuka? Geeze... this kid really has some problems....
Asuka's VA was asked by the director to imagine a situation where a stranger comes and masturbates on top of you. After being asked that, she was pretty terrified

On the other hand... Asuka's German was...

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-09-20, 17:46   Link #2098
mechabao
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
after episode 24.... we see a connection here, in macross zero the one that can control bird human is the lineage of nome right?(sarah, mao) so if sheryl really is mao's granddaughter.., please do refresh my mind, did sarah instantly teleport inside the birdman? or did she board the "mini birdman head" to go there?

i think sheryl will have another role next episode.

Maybe thats what grace was saying , ranshe, mao, your blood will slaughter each other

epic fight between sheryl's birdman vs ranka's vajra tachi? lol
The way it's depicted in Zero, the head of the Birdman awakens and causes the catwalk that Sara is on to collapse. We then see Sara being lifted by the black cloud of energy, then the Birdman encloses her in some sort of shell along with itself and punches its way out of the submarine.
mechabao is offline  
Old 2008-09-20, 17:53   Link #2099
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Asuka's VA was asked by the director to imagine a situation where a stranger comes and masturbates on top of you. After being asked that, she was pretty terrified

On the other hand... Asuka's German was...

- Tak
I would have been terrified of the director, too! ^^

And her "German"... well, it was the same as if one of us would garble out random asiatic sounding BS, IIRC. Guess nobody much cared about accuracy.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-09-21, 10:25   Link #2100
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to FLCL
even if you follow the craptastic eva formula, since ranka is rei, by default alto and sheryl both are reborn to live together forever!
FLCL is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoilers

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.